Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How many chapter left before the end?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 100

    8 10.67%
  • Between 100 and 150

    13 17.33%
  • Between 150 and 200

    20 26.67%
  • More than 200

    34 45.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    You guys are forgetting about the negative chapters... Turn Back the Pendulum started at -108, thus even if the story ends we still have some story left.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. #17
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member crono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    What are those spoilers in the OP? Are those from a kubo interview, or are those just theories from the OP?

  3. #18
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    Quote Originally Posted by crono View Post
    What are those spoilers in the OP? Are those from a kubo interview, or are those just theories from the OP?
    It's from Omake in the Shonen Jump during the three week break.
    They are official and written by Kubo.

    He's basically telling us what to expect in the last arc.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member WaveBossa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Wrong.
    Naruto wanted to be Hokage because it would finally earn him some much needed respect and recognition after living his childhood isolated because of what the rest of the Konoha shinobi thought of him.
    Luffy was inspired to become the Pirate King because of his admiration towards Shanks, and being on the top would mean complete freedom; Luffy is in for the adventure, not for the end goal.
    Ichigo wants to get on with his life, but wants to help his family and friends because losing someone means being mentally scarred for life. He used to be a spoiled kid and a crybaby. When his mother died, he changed completely, becoming serious and cold, giving the wrong idea to the grownups and getting in trouble all the time. His sisters changed too. He knows losing someone completely changes everything, and wants to save as many people as he can because he considers his life fucked up and doesn't want the same shit to happen to other people. Doing anything in his power to stop his life from getting worse is a legit goal.

    The Soul King is tightly attached to the plot. The afterlife... life means existing in subhuman conditions, filled with fear and desperation, and the Soul King as a figure doesn't do anything about it, instead, there's a harsh system of arbitrary rules determining what happens. Aizen wasn't the first to try changing the crap that is Soul Society, Ichigo, Tousen, Kaien, Ishida, Ginjo, all had a grudge against the system and tried to change or overthrow it. Some hollows also had a problem with it, but there's nothing they could do about it, that's why they decided to folllow Aizen.

    The only legit complain right there is that you have unanswered questions, which is not going to keep that status for long since most of the questions already got mentioned in the interview.
    I did'nt say Ichigo has no goals, I said he has no end goals. He will always want to protect people and help people its just part of his personality, you cannot call that an end goal. And you can't dismiss the fact that other manga have end goal by explaining the reason why they chose those goals.

    You are missing my point and taking it as a diss to bleach. My point is that if bleach were to end after the Arrancar arc, ppl couldn't say "oh well ichigo hasn't become (blank) yet or done (blank) yet so it can't end."

    Most everything you say about the soul king is based on what Aizen said about him. Aizen doesn't have a track record of being 100% correct. The point you make about soul society's corruption and how others are against the way they do things is a legit drive for other characters but not really for Ichigo. Ever since he rescued Rukia, the corruption of soul society hasn't really been a big issue for him. He's more likely to ignore soul society than to try to fix it (as we saw in the fullbringer arc).

    Once again, you are adding a lot to the plot to build some epic Soul King vs Ichigo, but tbh, at this point its really meh to me. Maybe i'm just not seeing it, but as of now, there isn't much in it for me.
    Last edited by WaveBossa; February 08, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    Pretty much agree with WaveBossa here.
    I'm actually surprised he managed to climb this high without any effective "drive".
    He needs a dream and not just wanting powers to protect... How much powers does he need to protect? There is no "end goal" here...
    Ichigo has no clear goal as for "how far he wants to go".
    Also this pretty much explains why Ichigo had to double arc save Rukia / Orihime, there simply isn't other ways to "motivate" Ichigo.... Nothing else seems to motivate him, except a few mentions of his battle desires/lust, but that's it.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he wouldn't do everything for his family / friends, however, he doesn't really have any other reasons, and it makes it kinda "hollow" from the readers point of view.

    What is important here is not only to get into Ichigo's emotions, but also the readers emotions. Ichigo having a dream will affect the readers emotions, like with One Piece and Hokage. But wanting to protect his family is a bit dull and old, while noble and very sweet hearted, it doesn't get to the reader in the same way, it's weak, it doesn't hype the reader.

    Ichigo concluding this arc/Bleach without any "real" drive is therefore really annoying to me, it's one reason why Bleach will never reach top 5 in my opinion, the art work really is pulling it up, cause the story is... well you know =_="

    Ichigo better get a reason to get strong now, cause it's another major unrealistic aspect of Bleach... Even manga's can get too "unrealistic" in the end, in terms of story realism. (Not talking about the fantasy world, but the story itself).

    I wonder, Kubo will probably hide Ichigo's possible desire to become the strongest till the very end of the manga. I disagree with Kubo's method here, although the manga direction looks interesting.
    Ichigo needs a clear effective goal, especially for the reader to have something to connect with. Right now, I'm just enjoying the artwork, othervice just with for the ride.

    I wonder if Kubo can pull this arc off right, Ichigo is way to similar to Orihime to be positive about it, and I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying that

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #21
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    I understand what you guys mean, but Ichigo's only goal as always been to become the strongest so that the can protect his friends.

    In part 1, he protected Rukia.
    In part 2, he protected Orohime.
    And in part 3, he will most likely protect Ishida. (The last chapter pretty much confirmed that the last arc will be about the Quincies).

    It's no "end goal", but it's still a goal.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  9. #22
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    As I already said, he has a deep reason why he wants to kill as many hollows as he can and those close to him, and that motivation is tied with the characters and the story. The setting is in the real world so there's nothing "realistic" about having some sort of real goal set in stone for real life. If the reader needs some kind of end goal, even if it has no depth or relation to the setting, story or characters just so they can form some sort of superficial conection to the character then too bad for them.

  10. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions about what Ichigo will do in the last arc. Theres more to this arc than just the Quincy's...as Kubo said himself, the enemies start out small in number and then become numerous. Ichigo might discover something about the Soul King or Soul Society and have a reason for himself to fight against them that isn't simply protecting things. I think these Quincy's will probably die long before this arcs conclusion, probably by the Zero Squad.

    Also, I don't have a problem with Ichigo's goal being to protect people. His goal is justified based on his past and not wanting to see other people experience something similiar. Also, do "goals" really bring depth to a character? I mean Naruto wanting to be Hokage makes sense. But Luffy going around shouting he wants to be Pirate King.....wheres the "depth" in that goal? Luffy wants to be Pirate King because he wants to be Pirate King. And the author hasn't done much storywise revealing info about where One Piece is.

    Let's take another popular anime/manga, YYH. Did Yusuke really have a goal? No, not really. In fact, close to the end Yusuke lost his resolve to fight once he realized he didn't really have a reason to fight or anyone to protect anymore.

    Goku's goal was always either collect the Dragonballs or save Earth. Just because a character has a goal doesn't mean he's deep, or to be more precise deep because of his goal.....same goes for a character who lacks a goal. Plus, lately it seems authors take a long, long time before even having their main characters pursue their goal, or make any progress towards accomplishing it.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #24
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I don't think anyone should jump to conclusions about what Ichigo will do in the last arc. Theres more to this arc than just the Quincy's...as Kubo said himself, the enemies start out small in number and then become numerous. Ichigo might discover something about the Soul King or Soul Society and have a reason for himself to fight against them that isn't simply protecting things. I think these Quincy's will probably die long before this arcs conclusion, probably by the Zero Squad.

    Also, I don't have a problem with Ichigo's goal being to protect people. His goal is justified based on his past and not wanting to see other people experience something similiar. Also, do "goals" really bring depth to a character? I mean Naruto wanting to be Hokage makes sense. But Luffy going around shouting he wants to be Pirate King.....wheres the "depth" in that goal? Luffy wants to be Pirate King because he wants to be Pirate King. And the author hasn't done much storywise revealing info about where One Piece is.

    Let's take another popular anime/manga, YYH. Did Yusuke really have a goal? No, not really. In fact, close to the end Yusuke lost his resolve to fight once he realized he didn't really have a reason to fight or anyone to protect anymore.

    Goku's goal was always either collect the Dragonballs or save Earth. Just because a character has a goal doesn't mean he's deep, or to be more precise deep because of his goal.....same goes for a character who lacks a goal. Plus, lately it seems authors take a long, long time before even having their main characters pursue their goal, or make any progress towards accomplishing it.
    Don't bring examples here unless you are ready to deal with fans from other series pile on you, at least if you can't provide good examples.
    -
    The most important is having some sort of depth to the motivation and maybe a goal depending on the setting, not a goal and then some/no depth.

  13. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Don't bring examples here unless you are ready to deal with fans from other series pile on you, at least if you can't provide good examples.
    -
    The most important is having some sort of depth to the motivation and maybe a goal depending on the setting, not a goal and then some/no depth.
    You do realize that what you just said is pretty much what I was saying? Just because a character has a goal doesn't mean he's deep, and just because he doesn't have one doesn't mean he isn't. It's up to the author to give a character depth, that can be done with or without a goal as long as the character has a purpose/role in the story.

    I'll post whatever I deem appropriate unless a mod tells me otherwise. Seeing as you don't fit that description, if you find my post a waste of time or any discussion that may ensue as a result then don't read it.

  14. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    I'm really gonna miss Bleach. Even though the last arc was horrible in my opinion I'm sad to see it ending. Hopefully, it is long and explains all the unanswered questions. I read/watched Bleach since I was a kid. It makes me sad to see part of my childhood end

  15. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kubo confirms Bleach Final Arc!

    Ichigo's goal of "protection" does sound like it'll bite him in the ass. Since the Quincy's will be involved it's unknown to what Ishida's main allegiance will be with, he's made it a fact to note that he isn't really friends with SS but more of a grudging alliance to help Orihime and to a point even Rukia since he did see the injustice being done to her even if she was a shinigami. His father is against his connections to SS so he might be forced to turn away from his friends and join the last few Quincy's to seek revenge against SS. Because of this there prolly will be a lot of chapters between Ichigo's and Ishida's father as to things they've kept secret til now and why they've been so civil with one another.

    The most interesting question to everything will be why did the Quincy's wait til now to strike, you would think that if they had the ability to enter SS they would've done it while they were to busy dealing with Aizen but apparently they were "kind" enough to wait til now to strike. Though it could be that very arc that allowed Ishida's father to have the time to regroup with his old comrades and setup a plan to overrun SS. Since SS was to busy dealing with their own Civil War and HM they wouldn't have had the time to notice that there were Quincy's that were still alive and plotting against them. My guess with everything though is that the Quincy are sick of SS's superiority so in an attempt to knock them down a peg they will destroy the balance between the two worlds and find a way to make them rise to the top so that they can become the superior group of people.

  16. #28
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,972
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [HOT] The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

    To be honest what confuses me here is the timeline of the war. We have the title of the arc and the fact that yamamoto failed to kill the quincy king to suggest this war happened 1000 years ago. Yet, we know there also was a quincy war 200 years ago and ushida's line of quincy are related to that one. So should we assume there have been 2 wars? What was the relation between the quincy 200 years ago and the ones they are fighting now?

    What I was thinking was that the quincy destroyed 200 years ago were remmants or descendants of the ones they are fighting now. Basically, there was the war 1000 years ago and the survivors lived on and left descendants who learned quincy arts. If the vandereich leader is a king the logically he must have a kingdom of sorts. Perhaps 1000 years ago his army went to war with SS and the descendants of the citizens of his kingdom became the quincy which were annihilated 200 years ago. Of course, SS would have defeated their military however even 1000 years back mobilizing against a bunch of civilians would be something to hesitate about if the actual threat has been defeated.

    ---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

    Another thing which I forgot to comment on is that the quincy symbol ishida uses and the quincy symbol the new guys use are mildly different. Perhaps an indication of the quincy from 200 years ago being related to the ones we see now but not quite the same?

  17. #29
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [HOT] The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

    nice thread. I voted the second option because I think it won't last for more than 15 volumes.but it will be the best arc,imo.

  18. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [HOT] The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

    By the way the war 1000 years ago hasn't been confirmed it was a Quincy war, i think the new dude buckbeard is a decedent of Kurosaki ... And if Isshin was from that time period, how does he know Ryuken ?
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts