Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: How many chapter left before the end?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 100

8 10.67%
  • Between 100 and 150

13 17.33%
  • Between 150 and 200

20 26.67%
  • More than 200

34 45.33%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [HOT] The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    By the way the war 1000 years ago hasn't been confirmed it was a Quincy war, i think the new dude buckbeard is a decedent of Kurosaki ... And if Isshin was from that time period, how does he know Ryuken ?
    in the first page of this chapter,it was said that buckbeard was the quincy who fought yamamoto 1000 years ago...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    in the first page of this chapter,it was said that buckbeard was the quincy who fought yamamoto 1000 years ago...
    yes but it was only him stated to be in that war none of the others was, plus we don't even know he's quincy....
    Last edited by devstauk; April 29, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    if Isshin was from that time period, how does he know Ryuken ?
    haha maybe ryuken was a kid when he met an adult isshin, u noe how these kind of relationships turn out, the kid grows up, gets annoyed for still being treated like a kid, hates the old man but deep down still friends (exclude tsukishima, that guy...loves ginjo too much)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think isshin,as ginjo and ichigo,isn't as old as the other shinigami. that's why he wasn't in the Pendoloum arc,he wasn't born yet.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I think isshin,as ginjo and ichigo,isn't as old as the other shinigami. that's why he wasn't in the Pendoloum arc,he wasn't born yet.
    How'd you work that out?
    Spoiler show

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member verseatyle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting theory. Isshin does look young and I'm not sure if I can recall anytime in the manga where they refer to his age, so it's possible. But then again, I think Kubo can get a lil more creative with that mystery reveal.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War - Final Arc

Isshin seems as old as Shunsui to me, if he was born after TBTP arc, I guess he would look much younger like Gin, Nanao or Hisagi or even younger since those I mentioned were around 100 years ago. I believe Isshin also knows VR leader and he perhaps participated in the war 1000 years ago.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. He looks the same age as Shunsui and Ukitake. It also seems that according to some spoilers from Kubo that he gave us before this Arc started that the ties between Isshin, Shunsui and Ukitake will be revealed. I believe it might be that they were among the same generation of Shinigami and Isshin might be also among those who graduated from Shinigami Academy around the same time as Shunsui and Uki.
    So I agree that he might have participated in that War. So anyway it's even more interesting for me to see this hidden story, then the fights.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I agree. He looks the same age as Shunsui and Ukitake. It also seems that according to some spoilers from Kubo that he gave us before this Arc started that the ties between Isshin, Shunsui and Ukitake will be revealed. I believe it might be that they were among the same generation of Shinigami and Isshin might be also among those who graduated from Shinigami Academy around the same time as Shunsui and Uki.
    So I agree that he might have participated in that War. So anyway it's even more interesting for me to see this hidden story, then the fights.
    I wonder if Isshin helped Yama train Shunsui and Ukitake as youngsters, i mean in all honesty it could be anything, but i still am liking the theory of Isshin being something to do with the Shiba Clan

My thoughts on this war is that SS get their arses handed to them on a platter, they go into hiding in an unknown area and try to regroup, SS is going to be under the SR's control, Yama is going to die, and in turn with his death being the trigger that calls the Royal Guard, the Royal Guards take to long to address the situation, then kenny goes a killing spree and ends up becoming the soul king the end....... Okay that last part was a joke
    Spoiler show

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I was thinking, it seems like there won't be really many survivors in this invasion. I guess it's more or less safe to expect that SS will be conquered by Quincies, and the survivors will take their time to recovers and then will try to take it back. But, with how overwhelming Quincies seem and shinigami falling, will the number of survivors be really high, enough to fight back after this?

I kinda expect at least one Cpt dying... although I have no idea who, whoever does, it will be a blow... and I don't really think many 3rd-Seat-and-bellow fodders have any chances (and they wouldn't help in the revolt anyway).
    Will Ichigo, Urahara, Isshin, Ryuuken, Uryuu, Hime etc will have such impact that the enemies will be taken down afterwards?

I guess Zero Squad will play a major role, even tho I assumed that they will be only an icon or maybe some advices and talk for a while...

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yama is gonna die IMO and zaraki will be the CC, i think it's only fair since he's been in most battles and i know he can come up with a decent strategy. also unohana will be revealed as yama's daughter
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My main issue with yama dying is that he is still irreplaceable. Which captain has the power or leadership skills yama has? The leadership part is manageable I guess however not one of the captains could ever hope to replace him in terms of power. Even if yama does die it would be close to the end IMO.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but does he need to be replaced, in terms of power? I don't think there were much instances when Yama actually had to fight full power. Even when the situation asked for it, he only went for shikai (and then had it sealed) (and I don't think Yamamoto's shikai is stronger than Kyoraku/Ukitake/Unohana's bankai). I don't think the extreme situations (Aizen, Quincies) happen every 100 years, I actually wonder whether something at least close to them happened in the recent 1000 years (1000 years ago, Quincy War v.0?)

Then, the CC doesn't have to be as strong as Yamamoto. They felt they were okay 3 years ago, when they didn't have Ichigo. And Ichigo was/is/will be as strong as, or stronger than Yamamoto. He doesn't have to become CC, he can only stay as a strong soldier/guardian/defender in times of need, whatever he chooses (staying in SS or not).

Or Royal Dimension will drop them one of the Guards.

ex oriente lux

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamotto is too lenient on his opponents these guys have torn apart every one, who has shown a shred of remorse, or fear.

I don't necessarily believe he needs to be dead to lose leadership but i think he will have to step down due to losing to BB, the only person that i think will have the knowledge to lead the remainder of SS is Isshin
    Last edited by devstauk; June 17, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Yeah, but does he need to be replaced, in terms of power? I don't think there were much instances when Yama actually had to fight full power. Even when the situation asked for it, he only went for shikai (and then had it sealed) (and I don't think Yamamoto's shikai is stronger than Kyoraku/Ukitake/Unohana's bankai). I don't think the extreme situations (Aizen, Quincies) happen every 100 years, I actually wonder whether something at least close to them happened in the recent 1000 years (1000 years ago, Quincy War v.0?)

Then, the CC doesn't have to be as strong as Yamamoto. They felt they were okay 3 years ago, when they didn't have Ichigo. And Ichigo was/is/will be as strong as, or stronger than Yamamoto. He doesn't have to become CC, he can only stay as a strong soldier/guardian/defender in times of need, whatever he chooses (staying in SS or not).

Or Royal Dimension will drop them one of the Guards.
    Well, circumstances have so far been against yamamoto using bankai at large. Aizen made a point of having ryujin jakka sealed, it hardly says much about yamamoto's disposition to use more than shikai. Even against shunsui and ukitake he had the upperhand with just shikai(thats what was actually seen and implied). I don't think the matter is merely about who in particular yamamoto fights during battles either. At large yamamoto fighting is a last resource, shinigami honor pretty much dictates that the commander does not get involved (say, when he finished allon and reprimanded the VCs for involving him). The issue at hand is that yamamoto is ultimately the one that has to keep the captains in line. Mayuri is a deranged mad scientists mass muderer, kenpachi is a clinically insane murderer, shunsui is a pathological flirt and lazy ass bum at large, byakuya would rather kill everyone in the gotei 13 than stain his pride, soifon is a ninja/assasin, unohana takes no shit from no one, hirako was leader of a little organization which arguably had about as much power as the gotei 13, komamura could basically step on SS on a whim (not that he would but still) and hitsugaya controls the sky at a whim. What would happen if the one beating up byakuya and kenpachi for not taking care of the haori had been someone other than yamamoto? Most of the captains are heavily individualistic which makes no sense considering their position is at best one that requires actual blind obedience to the organization they serve simply because the military are a subservient force which has no business having opinions(within the boundaries of what the organization is supposed to do within their cultural context).

I don't think the RG will be so eaguer to have one of their members assigned to be CC either. As far as we know the RG has the duty to protect the king who is apparently the thing or person which holds reality in place. In this regard, that sole duty of the RG is by far more important than any other duty the gotei 13 can have simply because whatever affects the king could potentially affect reality itself.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3