Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's the Best Claymore Character?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Teresa

The results are hidden 0%
  • Clare

• Ophelia

• Miria

• Clarice

• Roxanne

• Galatea

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Claymore Character

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Best Claymore Character

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In the category

"Best Claymore Character"

The Gold Medal goes to...

~ Teresa ~

Silver:
    ~ Clare ~

Bronze:
    ~ Galatea ~

Spoiler: Nominations show
    Last edited by Miyagi; March 22, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Claymore Character

Teresa

She was possibly the strongest of them all, she was considerate, the way she handled her opponents was full of win, she was the sole reason why main character Clare became a claymore.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ophelia. The reason i choose her is because she's represents the Antitheses of our protagonist Clare. She in essence is what Clare had the potential to become in negative fashion. the cruelty and aggression in Ophelia is a literal and untempered extreme of the feelings that both characters hold after losing there closest loved one to Priscella and being powerless to stop it, then almost mockingly being spared and forced to live on. Both of course seek revenge, both are motivated by a deep rooted pain and both had cut themselves off from others emotionally. It leaves you to wonder what missing love in her life caused her to cross the thin line Clare avoided.

Was it Raki? Was it perhaps the lack of a friend Trainee? Was it never having comrades to temper her emotions and support her? Maybe it was all of them or maybe there was a key defining factor that made her what she was and never let her go back before her end. Her last great act as to serve as a cautionary tale for Clare, a literal demonstration of what she would be if her hates consumed her.

Much to her namesake she's remarkably tragic and I honestly sympathized with the character. So she may not be the most powerful or awesome Claymore ever but she IMO is the best claymore character.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa
    Not because Im not fanboying because she's the strongest *saves that for later*. But because she had such complete character development during the short amount of time she was in the story.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Miria...I love the way Miria is portrayed as strong and as weak at the same time(a badass intelligent claymore who is willing to kill humans in order to topple the Organization)...Although she is a woman of principles, Miria would go against them, for the purpose of achieving her goal, which is to send the Organization to its demise. This paradoxality makes Miria one of the most unpredictable and interesting Claymores. As a result, I am looking forward to discovering more of her.
    "I'm a legal alien in the Netherlands "

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare

Without her everyone else is a diluted character
    • Teresa would just be an over powered character and not the loving Mother figure she became and we fell in love with
    • Miria has failed to be as good as a substitute main character as I hoped due to her "seeking" an impossible perfection where as Clare seeking that same impossible perfection actually had friends dying due to her mistakes which made the plot way more emotional
    • Deneve just talks bullet points about what is happening
    • Rubel becomes just a random MiB whom knows Miria's secret and tried to kill her (rather than the SoB who manipulated Clare throughout the entire beginning of the series)
    • Priscilla as a villain would be worse than Aizen's countless Deus Ex Machina's and make about as much sense
    • Raki being there is just kinda O.o
    • etc...

Plus when she's not in the manga as in the current arc, it goes to shit and the lowest amount of readers the series ever had, with dead threads that require "award" threads like this just to keep the die hard fans active until Clare comes back and the writing picks up again.

It's easy to make good supporting characters since all they have to do is have a desired effect on the main character/plot it's far harder to make a good main character, which I think Clare succeeds brilliantly at in this series.
    Last edited by Ryus; February 27, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    Clare

Without her everyone else is a diluted character
    • Teresa would just be an over powered character and not the loving Mother figure she became and we fell in love with
    • Miria has failed to be as good as a substitute main character as I hoped due to her "seeking" an impossible perfection where as Clare seeking that same impossible perfection actually had friends dying due to her mistakes which made the plot way more emotional
    • Deneve just talks bullet points about what is happening
    • Rubel becomes just a random MiB whom knows Miria's secret and tried to kill her (rather than the SoB who manipulated Clare throughout the entire beginning of the series)
    • Priscilla as a villain would be worse than Aizen's countless Deus Ex Machina's and make about as much sense
    • Raki being there is just kinda O.o
    • etc...

Plus when she's not in the manga as in the current arc, it goes to shit and the lowest amount of readers the series ever had, with dead threads that require "award" threads like this just to keep the die hard fans active until Clare comes back and the writing picks up again.

It's easy to make good supporting characters since all they have to do is have a desired effect on the main character/plot it's far harder to make a good main character, which I think Clare succeeds brilliantly at in this series.
    Agreed for the most part. Clare makes the manga.

Voting for Clare.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to nominate Clarice for Best Claymore Character.

She is weak, she knows it. Her tears of frustration are beautiful, as is her sense of responsibility which triggered her bravery. I like how her personality evolves as what she understood as the norm and the truth crumbles.
    Ultimately, she takes good care of her Miata, and that is enough for me to choose her over the rest.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I love all the seven warriors of the north, but my preferred can't be other one than Clare. It's trivial to choose the main character, however there are many mangas in which the main character sucks (Vinland Saga to name one). Clare is an exemple of a person overcoming it's own limitations, perseverance and nobless, besides I like her composed figure and her few words way.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Claire for sure, definitely 100% Claire.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Without any hesitation, Teresa. She is my favorite because of her character design, her personality, her strength...in short all aspects about her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa for sure ..
    Her personality is beautiful and the change she got made me feel the connection between me and her.. Simply amazing character and I will explain why:
    1- she was a monster ,heartless, emotionless and brutal but beneath that was a human who had drown in dark water so in order to survive she shut her self into her shell!! but Claire broke that shell she made her remember the moments of humanity in goodness and bitterness like she said she had the most beautiful black her and she was proud of it that makes her more human than anyone can think.
    2- when she met Claire the shell was broken slowly but surely it eventually vanished when she cried all the hidden and comprised emotions she kept locked at the depth of her heart came out with her tears and no human could deny that the moment was full of emotions that made even me cry!
    3- When she fought Irena, Noel and Sophia she could've killed them at that moment but she didn't why? not because of what Irena said that they were nothing but because she was human again she valued life and cherished happiness and love and that's why she spared them! Even Priss she fought her with power yet she didn't kill her even though she knew one day she will be near her level but yet she didn't because she didn't see in her the yoma she saw a girl fighting for her life like she was once doing!!!
    4- Her death was the thing that made me believe that she was a human all along because even with all her experience and knowledge of the Yoma and the Yoma's taking over the body near the limits and beyond she let her guard down even though she got killed yet she died with happiness and love that thing no matter how much she would've had live she would never have it. She died protecting the girl who she loved as a daughter died in the name of what she believed in and that what makes her the best character in Claymore...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I worship Miria, love Teresa & admire Galatea, I agree with others here that Clare is deservedly the leading character. We know the most about her yet she still remains mysterious, she always had that air of independence and standing apart in contrast to the other Claymores, her meaningless expressions bore the most meaning.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for Teresa. I instantly fell in love with her the moment she was introduced by Orsay. Though her power and the way she fought almost everyone effortlessly were part of what amazed me, I was more struck with how much she changed during the brief period she was in the manga. It's quite fascinating, the contrast this made—a "monster" with such power handling and treating a child with such tenderness.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GioGio's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Roxanne, the devil incarnate. Yagi managed to create the most vile, cunning and disgusting type of woman, the perfect "Black Widow" in Claymore's cast, which in the real world would make the kinds of Priscilla and Ophelia cry in their beds at night. There is not a single redemptive factor about her. And I love it.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast