Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: What's the Funniest Scene?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Galatea complaining that Clare cut her hair

The results are hidden 0%
  • Priscilla torturing Helen and Deneve

• Teresa losing her head

• Miata running away from bathroom

• Helen's reaction to finding out that Jean is #9

• The discussion between Raki and Renee in chapter 81

• The lost claymores of Pieta rescuing a bunch of other claymores

• Raki attempting to follow Clare

Thread Closed

Thread: Funniest Scene

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Funniest Scene

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In the category

"Funniest Scene"

The Gold Medal goes to...

~ Galatea complaining that Clare cut her hair ~

Silver:
    ~ Miata running away from bathroom ~

Bronze:
    ~ Helen's reaction to finding out that Jean is #9 ~

Spoiler: Nominations show
    Last edited by Miyagi; March 22, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Funniest Scene

The funniest scene in Claymore in my opinion is chapter 105. In 105 you have Claymore's most incompetent and arrogant duo finally getting the punishment they deserve. Priscilla tortures Helen and Deneve. Reading the scene just feels...just. Yes, what happened was literary justice and most importantly entertaining. Here we have a duo that is,

-Less endearing that Isaac and Miria of Baccano
    -Less comedic than Cheech and Chong.
    -Less competent than Pinky and Brain.

This is the same duo that talked trash about Claire, that almost picked a fight with Jean due to arrogance, that thought walking up to Isley, an abysmal, was a great idea, that were both nearly infected by Kitten monsters, that got Claire cut in two and absorbed by the Destroyer, that thought they could stand against Hysteria, and finally that create silly theories that make characters stupid. After all this, Helen and Deneve have virtually nothing to say for it, because after all these years they still require Claire to save their asses. Regardless, throughout the story they have remained arrogant towards allies and even Abysmals all the while still being purely dependent on Claire or some other entity(Abysmal Feeder intervention, Destroyer intervention, Infected Dauf intervention) to save them. Time and time again, these two get themselves nearly killed due to their stupidity and time and time again they are saved. Worse of all, the characters have not changed one bit. They are still the arrogant trash talking fools they were at the start of the story. Characters like Jean or Flora died, so that these yocals could go on journeys on notions of ill conceived revenge and joy ride through the manga.

Back to my point, when Priscilla tortured Helen and Deneve, the two finally received back just a portion of the pain they have caused other other characters and the readers (yes, reading Deneve's wedge theory was painful). Watching Helen and Deneve be tortured was the most entertainment that I ever derived from the two. I think I laughed for a solid minute reading through the scene. Torture is a terrible thing to laugh at and so it reflects just how terrible I think the direction of Helen and Deneve has been when Priscilla torturing them gave me a warm feeling inside. Priscilla deserves a good ending just for that.

edit: Forgot to add, the second most funniest scene in my opinion is when Isley slashed Deneve....
    Last edited by Nixl; February 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Though I wouldn't go that far, listening to that fight from such a perspective did indeed make the scene far more funny than Yagi ever intended though I know many wont agree. :

As to funny scenes not sure which I'd call funniest, most are just comic relief so the reader can not feel so down all the time so the next time it happens the effect can be fully felt again. Some funny scenes IMHO include Miata hating water, Helen getting drunk, Helen trying to goad Deneve into attacking the AB to help Dietrich by saying she doesn't want to get wet, Miata breast feeding (after the first time since the tone after that first time was far funnier), All of Teresa's banters, Ophelia tossing Raki to his doom (I suppose you have to be twisted like me to like that or just hate Raki (which I don't)), Clare being called a pet by Teresa, Helen introducing Galatea to blob Clare, Riful trying to get Clare to give up so she can torture her and thereby awakening her just so she can have "friends" (more funny after the the first read), Irene ears flapping her to safety from Raphaela (oh, wait... that was a joke comic in the databooks, never mind )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The funniest scene was when Teresa got really impatient and lost her head.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Miata running away from bathroom was pretty funny, it will be my nomination.

@ Ryus: Do you have a specific nomination?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Helen's reaction to finding out that Jean is #9. And that Jean considers herself Claire's subordinate. Just the way her head is whipping back and forth as she tries to figure out what the hell is going on.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The discussion between Raki and Renee in chapter 81. Renee tries to keep her stoic warrior facade only to fail time and time again : first Raki brushes her off, then she's terrified of chibi-Prissy, and finally gets all 'WTF' when Raki says he knows his 'friend' will probably eat him someday, and laughes it off...
    Another good one is Clarice chasing Miata in a towel, especially when she bows apologetically to Father Vincent, thus flashing her butt in a church.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

How could I have forgotten!? I change my vote to Galatea complaining that Clare cut her hair with the Quicksword. Only the Galatea can manage to joke around, complain about something so inane and have a conversation with Clare as if the two of them were having a nice cup of tea together while her life was being threatened by an awakened No. 2. It was an nice mix of funny and badass. Thanks to Malak for reminding me of that scene.
    Last edited by Fermat; March 04, 2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: change of nomination

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Miata running away from a bath was quite funny
    That is a funny scene. Another one i would say is funny is when Helen is drunk.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the funniest scene was when Claire cut Galatea's hair.
    They joke about it like it's nothing while Agatha is REALY mad,lol.

Another one could be when Claire asked Raki if he wanted her to demonstrate how she acts as a prostitute,lol.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    For me the funniest scene was when Claire cut Galatea's hair.
    They joke about it like it's nothing while Agatha is REALY mad,lol.
    That one, defiitely... I second the nomination. How did Clare manage to reply Galatea without laughter?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the funniest scene is where the lost claymores of Pieta rescue a bunch of other claymores...and then Dietrich predicts what will Deneve say to those warriors...can someone help me out to identify the chapter?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@benelori
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7320/cl...ch112_by_mib/6

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I nominate the scene from chapter 4 (volume 1). Toilet humour is perfect for my taste (hence I love Gintama) :].

Specifically:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/39861/c...ch4_by_inane/8 and then http://www.batoto.net/read/_/39861/c...h4_by_inane/16

Also, someone should nominate this scene:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7250/cl...4_by_10sigh/15

And: Audrey wetting herself and Riful's response "ooooh gross!" + Cid kissing Clare and then getting kicked

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly speaking, Claymore doesn't have many funny panels. Miata running away from bathroom, yeah that is I'd picked.

Thread Closed