Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's the Most Underrated Character?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Tabitha

The results are hidden 0%
  • Uma

• Raki

• Beth

• Jean

• Yoma Zaki

• Flora

• Clare

• Cynthia

• Zelda

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated Character

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Most Underrated Character

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In the category

"Most Underrated Character"

The Gold Medal goes to...

~ Jean ~

Silver:
    ~ Beth ~

Bronze:
    ~ Uma ~

Spoiler: Nominations show
    Last edited by Miyagi; March 22, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Underrated Character

Hrrmm well not really sure about this one. I'd guess I'd have to say Raki maybe? He may be a mer human however he's shown effectively wielding the large Claymore swords & battling against two of the top trainees. Though his constant whining in part 1 is much to be desired. I just think his abilities as a fighter tend to be overlooked. I can see him besting a ranked Claymore in 1 vs 1 combat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just going to say Beth cause she gets over shadowed by her sister.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I nominate Jean.

Jean is one of my favourite characters. Why do I like her? She's beautiful (if you don't believe I can provide some fanarts or specific pages of the manga), has impregnable spirit, penetrating glance which even Chuck N. would not be able to stand (v8 ch41 p51) but at the same time she's very womanly (just look at her with only a cloak on). In addition she's intelligent, has her own opinion unlike Yuma/Helen/Deneve/Tabitha (v. 9 p. 180), has a way with words (even though she rarely speaks) and doesn't let anyone to manipulate her (v. 8 p.125). What's interesting she went against organization even though she knew that she would be blacklisted all because of her sense of justice, morality and honour. Even Galatea wasn't like that at first. I would even say that it was thanks to Jean's attitude that something triggered in Galatea and she didn't execute MiB's orders. So Jean was also charismatic and influenced people surrounding her. The first thing Jean did after seeing Louvre was asking about Galatea !!! Do I need to comment that? That is not all however, you could say that she's more intelligent than Miria or that at least that she could analyse situation much quicker than her. Guess who noticed first that Riguald attacks only team leaders and warned others? Because of that Riguald went after her and lethally wounded her. She didn't cry like Deneve however. Even though she was greatly injured she still thought about others and not about what will happen to her. In a sense everyone survived thanks to her. The way Yagi got rid of her was the best in the whole manga IMO. Fitting end for one of the best characters there are in Claymore.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yomi Zaki.

How long did he spend faking being Raki's big brother? Do Yomi ever eat anything besides people? That's quite some self control.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tabitha

She's the former #31 but she has turned into a Yoki detection god who seems to be in nearly in the same class as Galatea and seems fully capable of standing toe to toe with Cynthia who was #14. Not enough has been made of just how amazing her progress has been.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Uma
    Former number 40, she displayed a remarkable growth in power. In scene 83 she took down three other claymores, a number #14 among them, on her own. More recently, in spite of being an offensive type, she developed regeneration skills as good as Cynthia's, this is something that no other claymore had accomplished so far. So I vote in Uma, I think she will surprise us even more in the future.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Goral: Yeah I'm not buying Jean as beautiful. She looks like a dude under most lights soooooooo yeah, I'm going to go with no. I vote for Flora. A single digit with an impressive technique, stunning and beautiful, but gets killed in like the same volume she made her debut. Who is she? Why did she become a Claymore? What is she fighting for? We got plenty of info on that manwoman with the 24-inch pythons who was using two Claymores but we learned next to nothing about Flora.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@ZERO PHOENIX
    If Jean looks liked a dude than Deneve IS a dude. OK, not really. My point is, Jean is very womanly.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7253/cl...47_by_10sigh/2 (and next couple of pages)
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/7256/cl...50_by_10sigh/4 (and next couple of pages)

And in anime she's gorgeous.

As for Flora, she was too condescending for my taste, especially considering how easily she was killed by Rigaldo (even Jean did much better even though she had lower number and supposedly much slower technique).
    Last edited by Goral; March 01, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahem, well I say good sir that is some, rather convincing evidence.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Goral, I can agree on everything you wrote about Jean except that she was beautiful. The first time she appeared I thought at first she would be another crazy foe to torment Clare. Her protrude forehead and deep eye sockets are anything but beautiful, she was one of the ugliest claymores so far. Deneuve, by the other hand, is very beautiful, she can be severe and strong without losing anything of her beauty.

By the way, why there isn't an award to choose the most beautiful claymore?
    Last edited by Kamugin; March 01, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kamugin
    I didn't say she's VERY beautiful (this title is reserved to Galatea, Teresa, Clare, Anastasia, Dee, Cynthia and probably someone I can't remember right now) :P. And yeah, when she was introduced she looked creepy but just after de-awakening she looked sexy and beautiful IMO.

As for the miss contest, there's no award in that category probably because HK didn't think of it and didn't bother to ask? Once there's new moderator though we can ask for a contest like this to be organized, although we'll have to wait a while for another global one (i.e. advertised on a whole forum).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There wasn't a Miss Claymore contest because Galatea would easily take it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.....probably Tabitha - difficult to say, but she's just endearing to me, and I feel is sorely underrated....considering though how much she is lacking in development, I can't blame people for overooking her.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuma/Uma. Because she is sorta hapless, but still comes through a lot. She has gradually gone from feeling like she's the load to knowing that she is a valued and valuable member of the team, and is showing great improvement. Plus she gave us the Yumapunch joke.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast