Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who has the Best Character Design?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Isley

The results are hidden 0%
  • Roxanne

• Flora

• Dae

• Clare

• Miria

• Riful

• Galatea

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Character Design

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Character Design

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Character isn't just APPEARANCE it is also personality and this is what I'm going with. Riful has the best personality of any awakened being in my opinion so I will go with Riful.
    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    However this category is about appearance...
    Actually you are incorrect benelori. Character Design is a very broad category that covers just about everything from physical looks, to body language such as hand gestures (Riful or Helen) or touching there glasses often when about to lie or tell a half truth (Rubel), to how they speak (tone, how often they speak, trademark lines, etc), to how they think/act outwardly/inwardly in general (anyways bantering, pure hatred, manipulative but playful about it, etc...).

Now Character Design doesn't cover every little thing one does, just general habits/looks/traits and how they blend together to form a "characters design" without any given event. So female, warrior, slim, stoic, mostly quite but blunt when speaking her mind, emotionally distant, suffered tremendous loss, loving heart under it, short hair, stairs often at others interacting around her, single minded with her goal and almost mindlessly driven towards it is Clare's character design.

Character Design is defined as
    1. The act or an instance of characterizing.
    2. A description of qualities or peculiarities (aka traits): a list of places of interest, with brief characterizations of each.
    3. Representation of a character or characters on the stage or in writing, especially by imitating or describing actions, gestures, or speeches.
    The American Heritage® Dictionary

I think most of the posters here are mixing up art design with character design.

I'm personally going to go with Clare though just because I swear I can read her stoic face most of the time meaning that something about her design lets me read the same face, art wise, differently in tons of different scenes... yet no matter how many times I reread a scene I always have the same opinion about what she is feeling/thinking. Plus the girl just embodies the f***ed up world they live in.

Though when you get down to it there is quite a few characters in this series with amazing designs, so if this voting turns out to be more than just people thinking there voting for art design it could be any ones game. However if not I can see why Isley for instance could win for his amazing AB form and just due to be a male in a series of females.
    Last edited by Ryus; March 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2