Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Will Azuki get the role?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, she will.

10 66.67%
  • No, someone else (Ririka?) will get it.

4 26.67%
  • There won't be a Reversi anime in the first place.

1 6.67%
New Reply

Thread: Will Azuki receive the lead role in Reversi?

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Azuki receive the lead role in Reversi?

Having confirmed that Ashirogi will finally get an anime, the topic of Azuki's voicing it comes up.

A few chapters ago, Ririka was introduced as a fellow voice actress, and the cliffhanger of 165 hints that the plot might actually move into a "Voice Actress Arc", where the actual auditions for Reversi's anime will happen.

Bottom line is... Bakuman is still a shounen, and that means that there have to be obstacles that the heroes have to overcome. With Ashirogi having overcome their obstacle, it's now Azuki's turn to overcome hers'.

So, what will be this obstacle that Azuki has to overcome and what will be Ririka's role in this story?

Will Azuki even get the role in Reversi or maybe will Ririka take it from her?
    Last edited by alphabeta; February 04, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Azuki receive the lead role in Reversi?

I'm in two minds about this. Ohba can either have Azuki struggle to beat Ririka, or Ririka can somehow win the role and then there's an arc about AM protesting and the making of an anime.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ririka getting the role instead of Azuki would seriously suck, because that means that Ashirogi have yet to fulfill their goal and that means Bakuman can't end yet. Not that I expressly want Bakuman to end but as most would agree, it's been dragging a lot unnecessarily and the worst thing Ohba could do in response is to drag it out even longer.

I have a bad feeling Azuki won't get the role, but I really, really hope that doesn't happen. I'm cool with them having to kick up a fuss to have Azuki voice the role (or whatever) but honestly I just hope she gets the role at the end of the day and they all live happily ever after

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that there are currently three options.

1. Azuki don't get the role (->so AM going to Protest, or maybe they get the news that PCP getting an Anime)

2.Azuki get the role and they are going to get married (-> after that the manga continuous, and they chase Eiji.(my Favorite Option))

3.Azuki get the role and they are going to get married(-> the manga is going to end after that)

But i think we have to wait a couple of weeks to see the result

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I'm in two minds about this. Ohba can either have Azuki struggle to beat Ririka, or Ririka can somehow win the role and then there's an arc about AM protesting and the making of an anime.
    I can actually see that happen. IT WOULD TOTALLY SUCK, but it would be just too smooth if Azuki just came and took the role without any problems. I can actually see Team Fukuda uniting again to fight one common enemy. IIRC Fukuda still has his anime running so maybe he could do something on that front.

And didn't Nakai get a proposal to work for an animation studio? He just might be of some importance if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Ririka getting the role instead of Azuki would seriously suck, because that means that Ashirogi have yet to fulfill their goal and that means Bakuman can't end yet. Not that I expressly want Bakuman to end but as most would agree, it's been dragging a lot unnecessarily and the worst thing Ohba could do in response is to drag it out even longer.

I have a bad feeling Azuki won't get the role, but I really, really hope that doesn't happen. I'm cool with them having to kick up a fuss to have Azuki voice the role (or whatever) but honestly I just hope she gets the role at the end of the day and they all live happily ever after
    I agree that Azuki not getting the role is just plain troll material. But I still see a light at the end of the tunnel, though.

Ever since PCP has been declined an anime people have started saying that Ashirogi never will get an anime. And even when Reversi came and the talk of it's animation began, there were tons of arguments that it wouldn't receive one (amount of the actual chapters, schwarz-weiss theme, etc.). But here we are, with Reversi starting an anime on September... 4th... IIRC.

What I mean is that even if it would be more practical for the plot to have Azuki not receive the role, I can still see her get it. It just means that Bakuman is nearing it's logical end.

Quote Originally Posted by xrail View Post
    I think that there are currently three options.

1. Azuki don't get the role (->so AM going to Protest, or maybe they get the news that PCP getting an Anime)

2.Azuki get the role and they are going to get married (-> after that the manga continuous, and they chase Eiji.(my Favorite Option))

3.Azuki get the role and they are going to get married(-> the manga is going to end after that)

But i think we have to wait a couple of weeks to see the result
    Like I said, IMHO it will be option 3, with Azuki having some serious rivalry from Ririka's side.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kazehaya's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that azuki get the role of heroine ashirogi anime, if you choose not to give ohba paper, in my more personal, would be a direct affront and insult to the readers who read the manga. You can decide not to give it and design a better plot alarge manga, but the question is not that the sleeve is extended, and I think most would agree with what I say, if we do not already fulfilled the dreams of azuki and Mashiro and end once and for all for the manga, I said and I repeat, the kind of story that has this manga, is not made to be alarge ah 400 chapters or more, and I think as the author himself ohba it, is aware of that. This already requires an end, and a final great, happy, and film, because we deserve it.
    Now, speaking of the current situation achieved by ashirogi anime, the role of the heroine, the appearance of Ishizawa and Ririka, all this leads to possibly there will be a pitched battle at seiyu, who will get the voice of the heroine, putting the task more difficult to azuki and ashirogi. in my opinion, is another interesting situation as unnecessary and annoying part of ohba to keep the manga still standing. I already wanted everything to be rosy after they obtained the anime, that Mashiro and Azuki marry once and end of history is more, the battle of eiji not really interest me at all, only main objective of Width: Mashiro and azuki together at last.

Ririka can not get this anime, yet we won it and finished well for our players, not accept, azuki should be happy as well as Mashiro, seeing azuki objectives, we know perfectly well that she would not be happy not to make secure voice the heroine of her beloved anime Mashiro, in other words, it would be a colossal mistake on the part ohba, a colossal mistake.

Vote for azuki get the role of the heroine.
    There are no ugly people, but there are unique tastes, GOD BLESS YOU¡¡¡

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oyos

Both azuki and saikou have admitted that they havent done anything wrong and aside from those close to them, no one can really give evidence of those two "actually dating". If they were asked if in a relationship, then sure they would confirm it, but they havent had a proper date ever. Their choice to not actually see each other until they acheived their dreams will likely be what stops this dilemma.

the solution I see with this is azuki and ashirogi holding separate press conferences and just stating it plainly that they keep in touch only by phonemail and while they are aiming to have an anime with her voicing the lead girl, but only doing so through sheer talent/skills (as they have been doing). This is ashirogi's secondwork to get a different media adaptation and azuki has been working on many other projects independent from them, so fans cant really claim that azuki is only getting the part because she knows the author. In addition to this, I think ashirogi will take a stance of not giving any recommendation of a voice actor and letting the studio decide (it could also just be this course of action, without any press conference)
    Quidquid latet apparebit.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit of a silly argument against her receiving the role, but... isn't Reversi a tiny bit too fucked-up of a story to be the romantic bond that bonds Azuki and Mashiro together?
    I mean, the role she's playing is a girl getting brainwashed. She seems a bit like a Misa Amane, really. It doesn't seem that nice of a role for the whole "voice my heroine and we'll get married yayay~~" event. I think they'll have a less dark series that's more romance-based for Azuki to voice.

New Reply