Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: DGM Chapter 213 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 213 Discussion/214 Prediction

Lol, for some reason Lvellie's thin disguise (?) makes me giggle xD As did the "casual" coversation between Kanda and Link ("I'm surprised you would worry about me." "I don't. " xD And I like that little shot of Link's dagger..thing, ready to strike..

It's interesting that the Cardinal appearantly "talks" with the Heart user (through telepathy?), if I'm reading it right :P If that's so, it leaves out almost all the "known" candidates we've discussed up to this date, like Lenalee, Allen, Lavi, Johnny.. etc It would then have to be either one of the still enigmatic characters (a la Cross), or a new character who is yet to be introduced (the Pope, maybe? If the Heart is known and protected within the Order's "elite" and has a "high" ranking position as a Order-version of the Earl. But then again, the Heart is supposed to be unknown and hidden.. ah, we'll see xD) Unfortunaly, the gender of the Heart user wasn't specified in the Japanese transcript (it says something like "the person of the heart"/"the Heart's person", rather than "he who carries the heart")...

AAHHH!! What Zuu is saying about the "14th" on page 17 drives me nuts! I just can't make it fit, and I can't really translate it better myself xD I guess I have 3 interpretations though:
    1. If the translation is correct in "meaning", then maybe he's actually "speaking" to/about Allen? In that case it could mean that he really wanted to save "Allen" (he helped him using atuuda once before), not the 14th, and thought that saving Link it would help him, but instead he realised that Lvellie didn't bother with "Allen" at all. Lvellie would actually want Allen eroded by the 14th, because he thinks the Noah will help him reach his goal.
    2. If the translation is more like "I turned you into the 14th's-", then it's pretty similar, only with Link instead of Allen xD Zuu was convinced by Lvellie to save Link, probably because Lvellie had shown his more... caring side? But then he realised Lvellie's "true" intentions, that him actually caring about Link was all an act oh but it's nooot<3, that he basically plans to "sacrifice" two youths (Link and Allen) for the sake of his own goals
    3. It's also very likely that Zuu was going to spill some secrets that of course HAD to be interrupted

@Bloody Queen, sorry for being late, but Desu is sort of (gah, how to explain! xD)... a word that binds sentences together? The closest English translation would be "to be", but it's more like an "sentence-ending" that suggests politeness ^^ If you've seen the anime, you may have noticed how Allen uses "desu" and "masu" all. the. time. It's almost a little annoying when you start hearing it

... I'm not sure if I understand anything I've written in this post haha, they always become so loong xD *should get some sleep* >.<
    Last edited by relory; April 06, 2012 at 05:46 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    Lol, for some reason Lvellie's thin disguise (?) makes me giggle

AAHHH!! What Zuu is saying about the "14th" on page 17 drives me nuts! I just can't make it fit, and I can't really translate it better myself xD
    [*] It's also very likely that Zuu was going to spill some secrets that of course HAD to be interrupted
    LOL
    I know, right?! That one little line there is driving me nuts.
    The 14th's what? Administrative assistant? Bridge partner? Image consultant?? WHAT?! Poor Zhu, seems like even he is afraid of Lvellie now--Not that I can blame him. That sudden violent flip out of his really startled me, especially since it came out of freakin' nowhere. "Chat, chat, here's some money and about jillion knives--I know how you kids like your knives--oh, and here's some bling too, you need to accessorize. Chat, chat, etc.....SUDDENLY!! ZOMG RANT, CONSPIRACIES, THREATENING SCREENTONES, ETHICS VIOLATIONS, TAKE OVER THE WORLD BWAH HA HA HAAAA MURDER FACE!!11!"

Missing from scene: Lvellie's "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps!" coffee mug.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    LOL
    I know, right?! That one little line there is driving me nuts.
    The 14th's what? Administrative assistant? Bridge partner? Image consultant?? WHAT?! Poor Zhu, seems like even he is afraid of Lvellie now--Not that I can blame him. That sudden violent flip out of his really startled me, especially since it came out of freakin' nowhere. "Chat, chat, here's some money and about jillion knives--I know how you kids like your knives--oh, and here's some bling too, you need to accessorize. Chat, chat, etc.....SUDDENLY!! ZOMG RANT, CONSPIRACIES, THREATENING SCREENTONES, ETHICS VIOLATIONS, TAKE OVER THE WORLD BWAH HA HA HAAAA MURDER FACE!!11!"

Missing from scene: Lvellie's "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps!" coffee mug.
    For me, I think that Atuuda was original belong to the 14th, so if Link is the new owner of Atuuda, it could make him the "14th's ally/puppet/soldier..."

Edit --- I don't know how to make lists... but here's what I found suspicious in this chapter:

- Cardinal: "Yes... My lord... he who carries the Heart... I'll protect you..."
    (Original Transcript: "Yes... My lord... he who is an ally of the Heart..."
    - We see a single, small panel reserved for Johnny only
    - Zhu: "Instead, I turned you into the 14th's —"
    - Rouvelier: "Ignore Allen Walker... he needs help, he; the fourteenth."
    Apparently, this needs another list:
       • 14th is a crack/rift created from the Holy War
       • Cross actually made a secret pact with Rouvelier and told him about the fourteenth (Well, it could be a fluke... you never know what Cross has ups his sleeve...)
       • 14th could be used for turning the table in the war
       • Some people in Central want to use him for their own purposes
       • Rouvelier isolated and locked Allen down for that reason. He wants the 14th for himself (Ew... does he know that Allen is a minor?)
       • Rouvelier with longer hair is handsome
       • Rouvelier seems to be a good guy... 
       • We can see the somewhat father-son bonding in that conversation... But he's still suspicious... and has a dark aura around him, in my opinion...
    - Link ran away from the punishment for Crows that had failed, but he still devout to Rouvelier
    - Link hid a blade behind his back/in his pocket
    - Link wanted to see, "If people can, with just their hearts, win against fate... If Walker somehow is able to overcome the 14th, what make it happen... I want to see it!" (Okay, I'm too lazy to actually copy-paste/look the chapter, this is from memory...) so we can conclude that Link may stay in Allen side... for the moment...
    - The woman is Allen's dream/memory of the 14th
       • "One by one, then the next..."
       • We see twins babies...
    - The boy in the last page, so are the mansion, the surrounding wheat fields, and the hand the boy stretched out to...

Nya... my mind went dead...

Edit 2 --- What a number of suspicious points... Hoshino never fail in surprising us, huh?

Edit 3 --- Wait, wait, wait, wait! What does it mean by "the unfamiliar scene"? Is it familiar or unfamiliar?
    Last edited by Bloody Queen; April 06, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    My Yullen!

"A well-rounded critique is often the most rewarding gift a reader can give." —

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Queen View Post
    For me, I think that Atuuda was original belong to the 14th, so if Link is the new owner of Atuuda, it could make him the "14th's ally/puppet/soldier..."
    Hee hee...Timcanpy is originally the 14th's too, right? I wonder if they are friends or if they'll have little golem squabbles. Tim is the jealous type, haha. "Calm down or you get the squirt bottle! Separate corners, you two!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Queen View Post
    • Rouvelier with longer hair is handsome
    • Rouvelier seems to be a good guy...
    • We can see the somewhat father-son bonding in that conversation... But he's still suspicious... and has a dark aura around him, in my opinion...
    haha, totally. With that disheveled hair and Byronian ascot he's sure got that "mad, bad, and dangerous to know" thing going on.
    I feel sorry for poor Link...I'm sure he thinks of Lvellie as a father and he looks absolutely miserable to see him getting consumed by his "win at all costs" fanaticism. It's like, everyone he cares about is disappearing to the war one by one. I have a feeling he might end up going against Lvellie for...well, probably the first time ever, because I don't think he wants to lose Allen now too.
    I didn't think it was possible for anyone to have looked more depressed than Kanda did during chapter 212, but Link's giving him a run for his money in the despair department.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry- seems I just was away way too long.... I can't find the reply button in the new thread for the next chapter. XD But i found some scans. Seems like this month there won't be any long chapters. TT^TT Kind of dissapointing if you ask me.... http://www.dm5.com/m103062/

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no DGM chapter this month.
    What you found is the extra chapter that came with volume 23 and the extras from SQ19. You can find them in raw and scanlated by some of our members in the DGM Volume Covers Thread.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GAWD NAAAAAOOOWW!! DX
    there goes my holidays' entertainment T-T
    hoshino sensei, please get well soon T-T meanwhile i hope she can do some interviews while she's ill, especially re_opening the komui's discussion room!

anyway, i was thinking that perhaps zhu maybe hallucinating link as allen, hence making the comment "Instead, I turned you into the 14th's ". if its so, it might be an explanation to how the 14th input the memories into allen despite the time gap? just a thought^^

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furore View Post
    OH MY GAWD NAAAAAOOOWW!! DX
    there goes my holidays' entertainment T-T
    hoshino sensei, please get well soon T-T meanwhile i hope she can do some interviews while she's ill, especially re_opening the komui's discussion room!

anyway, i was thinking that perhaps zhu maybe hallucinating link as allen, hence making the comment "Instead, I turned you into the 14th's ". if its so, it might be an explanation to how the 14th input the memories into allen despite the time gap? just a thought^^
    that line could also mean that when Zhu healed Allen he healed him back but gave way for the 14th to emerge. Thus turning him into the 14th. Nothing special i think.

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11