Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: The Zahard Princesses

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Zahard Princesses

Each is very powerful and exquisitely beautiful. They are an existence which, at times, defends the authority of the king by the might of their swords, and other times, they are worshipped by the citizens of the tower - Tower of God chapter 33

So with more Zahard princesses showing up I thought it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated solely to them! First let's take a look at who we have seen so far.

Princesses:
    • Androssi Zahard
    • Anak Zahard
    • Yuri Zahard
    • Repellista Zahard
    • Koon Maschenny Zahard

What are your thoughts about them and who's your favourite? I'm pretty sure Yuri is easily the fan favourite right now

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Zahard Princesses

By "Anak Zahard" you meant the mother, right?

I like Yuri. I like how she has two faces. There is a fun, laid-back part of her, but she can also be serious when she wants to. And that it is accompanied by power she has, making her enemies crawl before her. Like that with Ren. It was awesome~ I also like Androssi, actually. Although she seems to be wild and deadly, she learned to change as she stayed around Baam. To a more... caring person? I'm not sure if it's the correct term. :3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Androssi is my favorite one of the Princesses at that point. She was first shown as a stuck up bitch... but she has constantly been developing out of that side of her and into a new kinder side...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    By "Anak Zahard" you meant the mother, right?

I like Yuri. I like how she has two faces. There is a fun, laid-back part of her, but she can also be serious when she wants to. And that it is accompanied by power she has, making her enemies crawl before her. Like that with Ren. It was awesome~
    yeah I meant her mother we don't know much about her but at least she had the courage to break Zahards rules.

My favourite is definitely Yuri for reasons you already managed. The most impressive part was against Ren, it was the first time I thought "How powerful are these monsters"? XD

I think Baam and her would make a nice pairing

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I also like Androssi, actually. Although she seems to be wild and deadly, she learned to change as she stayed around Baam. To a more... caring person? I'm not sure if it's the correct term. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    I'd say Androssi is my favorite one of the Princesses at that point. She was first shown as a stuck up bitch... but she has constantly been developing out of that side of her and into a new kinder side...
    She also went up in my "like scale" but I still find her annoying sometimes, especially when she's fighting with Anak like they are some little kids :/ I guess that's only part about her that still bugs me, aside from that I don't mind her high and mighty acting because that's part of her charm

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Androssi is my favorite.

She sees the world in probably the harshest light of all the characters but she still does things like try and help Anak and Baam. She's not exactly a "good guy" but that just makes it mean that much more when she ends up doing the right thing. And I loved the contrast she had with Baam. Every-time her unapologetic A-moral ruthlessness collided with his gentle accepting attitude it created such rich moments in the series.

Anak is probably my next favorite.

Her strong but immature attitude makes her a powerful fighter but you get the feeling everything else is hard for her. Similarly to Rak, her attitude is simple in a complex world but unlike Rak her life and goals make things complicated. And I think a lot of times this has lead to characters like Lesso and Androssi feeling a little protective of her because as strong as she is in a lot of ways she's very much a child.

Yuri follows closely behind

I love the crazy or impuslve characters so I know I'm going to love her but I don't think she's really had time to shine yet. Clearly she's monstrously strong and not one to care to much about duty and such; combine that with the way Baam caught her eye and you know good stuff is on the way.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zahards Princess's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Yuri she seems so strong, and really awesome. Also because she has the Black March, and Green April. I also think that Yuri and Bam would make a great pair, or the girl from the yeon family and Bam. Sorry if I spelled something wrong.
    What is it that you desire?Money?Glory?Power?Revenge?Or something that surpasses all others?
    Whatever you desire....That is here....Within this Tower....The Tower of God.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Zahards Princess

welcome to mangahelpers community, more specifically in Tower of God section

Yah, Yuri is really strong, but also very cute I agree...

Well what can I say she's my favorite from all the princesses untill now. I like her peronality, especialy becouse she is funny and can also send chills down my spine when serious...

Wow, even your pairings are the same as my favorite ones, why YurixBaam or lately also more and more YeonxBaam, all look like very well suited for each other in both literal and comical way...

Oh, about "Black march" only remembering makes me laugh (here, I always remember that "Black march" is tomboyish and Yuri is jealous of her...). I wonder how they(Yuri and Black march) interacted after being reunited again, because "Black march" simply run away with Baam as his lover, making Yuri almost explode from anger...
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go with Repellista Zahard xD
    dunno why she seems so different from the others characters, and of the princesses she is the one that is less naive( knowing about the prince of zahard and stuff).
    and she likes games xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we know enough of Yuri...
    That's why I can't put her in my 1st position...

It would be either Androssi or Anak (the daughter).
    I find Androssi way cuter, but again, we don't know much about her.

I feel that Anak is the one that we learned the more about.
    We actually know why she want to climb the tower, and all...

I guess if I had to choose, I'd go:
    - Anak
    - Androssi
    - Yruri

But really, without the 2 princesses (Androssi and Anak), this manwha wouldn't be what it is.
    Baam, Koon and Rak are cool and all, but those 2 princesses take the cake when it comes to choosing favorites.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    But really, without the 2 princesses (Androssi and Anak), this manwha wouldn't be what it is.
    Baam, Koon and Rak are cool and all, but those 2 princesses take the cake when it comes to choosing favorites.
    I've always wondered why Jammin thinks so, now there's another fan who feels the same I honestly prefer Rak, Koon or even Laure over the princess. They're good characters but to me they act childish quite often - not a bad thing per se but in their case it started to annoy me. They lack a specific trait that instantly comes to mind too, at least that's how I feel. When I think of Koon (pretty smart, cunning and yet caring) or Rak (funny, impulsive) that's not the case.

So long story short, why do you think it wouldn't be the same manhwa without them?

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I've always wondered why Jammin thinks so, now there's another fan who feels the same I honestly prefer Rak, Koon or even Laure over the princess. They're good characters but to me they act childish quite often - not a bad thing per se but in their case it started to annoy me. They lack a specific trait that instantly comes to mind too, at least that's how I feel. When I think of Koon (pretty smart, cunning and yet caring) or Rak (funny, impulsive) that's not the case.

So long story short, why do you think it wouldn't be the same manhwa without them?
    There are really 2 layers to it for me.

Layer 1: Who they are individually

Androssi is just so complex. She's a charismatic, kind, and thoughtful person; but she is also strong, ruthless, manipulative, and downright scary. In many characters those aspects would be divided but in her it's all one personality. She's deceptively warm on the outside but inside she's hardened by what she believe is the simple truth of the world that "the strong eat and the weak are eaten" but her determination to help Anak and Baam results in a kind of wonderful hypocrisy. I love all that.

Anak is the opposite, she's charmingly simple. She's strong, direct, and fierce; but at the same time innocent and a little vulnerable. Despite being the older of the two Anak is comes across as the more immature because, buried down deep, she's only in the tower because of how much she loved her family and how furious she is that they were unjustly taken from her. She's "tough" but she's not "hard" like Androssi is. And I love that too.

Layer 2: Who they are together

In an odd way, they're family. Like a pair of sisters constantly bickering with one another. For Androssi the connection represents something which defies her world view; being a big sister. For Anak it seems like it represents a piece of the family connection that she lost, having a big sister.

I love watching them fight together. I love watching them fight one another. Every scene the pair is in to me is absolutely rich with good emotional content and general badassery. With no other characters do I think SIU shines this brightly as a writer.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 26, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply