Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 71 and 72 Discussion/Predicitions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 71 and 72 Discussion/Predicitions

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Although, honestly, devil mode feels way weaker in Shin than it felt in the original. Somehow, maybe that's just my feeling. It just.. feels weaker, somehow. I didn't expect it to get shut down by Renji easily like that.
    Nah I think its still awesome. Everybody keeps begging Users to not use it.
    Shiraishi begged Kirihara not to, Inui begged Kaido not to, chances are if left alone for a WHOLE match it would prove to be amazing, Im disappointed Konomi has kind of removed it from the series. It was the only proper excuse to have bloodbaths in a tennis manga.
    Im hoping Kaido and Kirihara use Devil Mode in the future.

Yanagi only shut it down coz he knows Kirihara's play style inside out like how Inui knows Kaido' play style inside out.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Shiraishi begged Kirihara not to, Inui begged Kaido not to, chances are if left alone for a WHOLE match it would prove to be amazing, Im disappointed Konomi has kind of removed it from the series. It was the only proper excuse to have bloodbaths in a tennis manga.

Yanagi only shut it down coz he knows Kirihara's play style inside out like how Inui knows Kaido' play style inside out.
    Hold on, Airgrimes. We get to see Tohno try to kill people in the next doubles match.

http://translations.shamannet.com/?p=581

Sai translates Tohno's line as this:

Tohno: I just want to make sure there’s plenty of blood for my bloodbath (small: Heh)

Tohno could have a more advanced form of Devil Mode or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil Mode was just more proof that this is a fighting manga in disguise. Come on, a guy that turns into a demon during a tennis match? What else can he do, the Shun Goku Satsu? It's just incredibly dangerous and unrealistic that someone could become so upset that their blood circulates at a rate so fast that their entire body turns red while their hair turns white. Angel Mode is even more ridiculous. We have enough 'demons' in NPoT anyway; Akutsu (who's like the 'Akuma' of the series), Oni, Izoh, and Tohno.

Speaking of 'bloody battles,' why do we even have those again? In the Fudomine match, Echizen's eyelid was cut and was bleeding so much that they had to stop the match to patch it up, leaving Echizen with a 20-minute time limit to play the match. Now, we have guys bleeding all over their entire bodies and the referee watches the fatalities like it's Mortal Kombat.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Hold on, Airgrimes. We get to see Tohno try to kill people in the next doubles match.

http://translations.shamannet.com/?p=581

Sai translates Tohno's line as this:

Tohno: I just want to make sure there’s plenty of blood for my bloodbath (small: Heh)

Tohno could have a more advanced form of Devil Mode or something.
    Yeah I remember something insane like that, but I try to ignore the insanity in this manga the best that I can, and treat it like a standard Sports Anime but it never works hahaha.
    Its still no excuse for a want to see blood like Devil Mode creates. This just means Tohno likes blood. Which is weird.
    So yeah, Im hoping Tohno has some kind of Mode. Im disappointed that the only state weve seen from High Schoolers is Synchro.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If krauser goes into devil mode the world will never be the same. But as far as states it looks like byoudouin can do something at least

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
    If krauser goes into devil mode the world will never be the same. But as far as states it looks like byoudouin can do something at least
    Krauser isnt all that great. His stamina was horribly exposed by Nakagauchi and his reliance on Hopping Ball and a further extent, Southern Cross is just too much. Devil Mode will still see him get exposed by several players above him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Krauser isnt all that great. His stamina was horribly exposed by Nakagauchi and his reliance on Hopping Ball and a further extent, Southern Cross is just too much. Devil Mode will still see him get exposed by several players above him.
    Krauser is one of the worst players in the series from a reader's (my) viewpoint. I refuse to tell me that he has enough power and control to pin the opponent to the gate. The way he's shown beating up Kirihara and Richard in his matches, it's just ridiculous even for PoT. I mean, there's no way he could be that strong unless he actually went over the net and beat them into the fence. With his power, there's no way Kirihara could've beaten him. He really should've been one of the best middle school players in the series. He and Byoudoiun may as well have the same power.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fully aware of krauser's flaws as a player, and we may have seen his last match in the series, but I guess I'm thinking pre-shin where he redefined(briefly) what a psycho could be and dreaming of how superior his devil mode could be to akaya's devil mode. But Nakagauchi exposed to us his reliance on his special techniques and from this point on if we see anything it will probably be akaya's angel mode

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you do have Gin and his 20th+ Shiki Hadoukyu's. Now that's when you are talking insane. Throwing an opponent over 20 meters away into the stadium seating? Insane hack, but Kawamura survived O.o
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Well you do have Gin and his 20th+ Shiki Hadoukyu's. Now that's when you are talking insane. Throwing an opponent over 20 meters away into the stadium seating? Insane hack, but Kawamura survived O.o
    Don't forget that Ban takes a 25th Level Hadokyuu and isn't even fazed.

A 108th Level Hadokyuu will break a steel pole, so...Then again, Byoudouin's serve breaks a wall.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont like Krauser or Gin lol.
    Im still hoping Krauser leaves the Japan team camp and goes back to his nation and we see him as like No.19 of the Austria or Canada Juniors or something.

(Simply a weaker Western nation where you will still find people with German surnames.
    Most likely Switzerland or Canada, where both nations have people with German names and French names. Liliadent is an uncommon French name.)

I just realized in Team Tennis, each match is only best of 1 set, so why these guys are playing 3 sets confuses me. In the Davis Cup They all play best of a set.
    So im hoping this idea ends.
    Also hoping Ochi reveals some powerful technique coz atm I dont see what separates him from being an Ootori with good technique. He is easily defeatable from the looks of things lol. Im hoping he has something else that makes him awesome.
    Since Mouri could have just paired with Ootori and get this kind of outcome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Krauser is just weak. However, he has the potential to become a very strong player, as Nakagauchi said: "this guy will be strong for sure"

You can't compare Byodouin's power and Krauser's power. Byodouin has probably the strongest shots of the All Japan team, but Echizen might develop one unreturnable shot someday.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally dont like Krauser or Gin lol.
    Im still hoping Krauser leaves the Japan team camp and goes back to his nation and we see him as like No.19 of the Austria or Canada Juniors or something.

(Simply a weaker Western nation where you will still find people with German surnames.
    Most likely Switzerland or Canada, where both nations have people with German names and French names. Liliadent is an uncommon French name.)

I just realized in Team Tennis, each match is only best of 1 set, so why these guys are playing 3 sets confuses me. In the Davis Cup They all play best of a set.
    So im hoping this idea ends.
    Also hoping Ochi reveals some powerful technique coz atm I dont see what separates him from being an Ootori with good technique. He is easily defeatable from the looks of things lol. Im hoping he has something else that makes him awesome.
    Since Mouri could have just paired with Ootori and get this kind of outcome.
    I don't know what you think you know, but Davis Cup matches are best of five sets. Ochi will be at least a competent singles player, whereas Ootori was not at all competent as a singles player. If you could return Neo Scud, Ootori was fodder.

For example, last week, Isner beat Federer 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4), 6-2 in a Davis Cup match: http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ycn-10952934

Fish overcame Wawrinka in five sets during the same Davis Cup match.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; February 13, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ochi probably has some technique he hasn't show. If you can return his serve, you can beat him, but his mental is very very strong, so he should at least have something else.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I don't know what you think you know, but Davis Cup matches are best of five sets. Ochi will be at least a competent singles player, whereas Ootori was not at all competent as a singles player. If you could return Neo Scud, Ootori was fodder.

For example, last week, Isner beat Federer 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4), 6-2 in a Davis Cup match: http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ycn-10952934

Fish overcame Wawrinka in five sets during the same Davis Cup match.
    Screw the BS I said there. my bad. I guess just standard junior team tennis is best of a set then.
    Actually, Neo Scud wasnt returned in the series. Im doubting Shishido even returned it once in the tie-break considering Ootori won 9-7.

Nobody could return it lol, making Ootori not fodder. Ochi Singles wise must be strong since he and Mouri arent Synchro users but are obviously a better pair than Mutsu/Mutsu. Ochi must have individual abilities that will be revealed since like I said, he is no better than Ootori if all he has is an amazing serve.
    If he is an Ootori with good technique, considering he was dumbfounded by ZSS like most players in the series, he is no better than lets see... 3rd Court level Im saying from

Did Ochi's serve have a name btw? or is just his standard serve that is amazing. Also, if he had a special smash, it would be INTENSE.

Also, just wanted to throw the prediction out there that Irie might have been the initial No.4. Its unlikely but Im just throwing it out there lol.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; February 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast