Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 71 and 72 Discussion/Predicitions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 71 and 72 Discussion/Predicitions

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Actually, Neo Scud wasnt returned in the series. Im doubting Shishido even returned it once in the tie-break considering Ootori won 9-7.
    While it was never returned on screen, in one of the Pair Puris it's mentioned that Ootori lost a shuffle match to someone from 6th court, and of course in order to win agains Ooroti, you have to return the Neo Scud sooner or later (probably later in this case, but yeah).

Did Ochi's serve have a name btw? or is just his standard serve that is amazing. Also, if he had a special smash, it would be INTENSE.
    It's called Mach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way Ochi's like Ootori, Neo Scud Serve is just shit now. However, Ochi's serve far exceeds the Neo Scud speed, but Atobe returned it the second time he saw it, so it's not that hard to return if you're fully focused.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    While it was never returned on screen, in one of the Pair Puris it's mentioned that Ootori lost a shuffle match to someone from 6th court, and of course in order to win agains Ooroti, you have to return the Neo Scud sooner or later (probably later in this case, but yeah).
    Oh yeah, I even read that recently too. Hmmm.... Ootori is indeed fodder.

It's called Mach.
    I dont remember it being called that and also, is it confirmed that Mach serve was a special serve, or was that just his standard serve.
    Or... Is Mach Serve his standard serve.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    There's no way Ochi's like Ootori, Neo Scud Serve is just shit now. However, Ochi's serve far exceeds the Neo Scud speed, but Atobe returned it the second time he saw it, so it's not that hard to return if you're fully focused.
    Its not. Neo Scud serve was faster than EVERY OTHER MSERS serve excluding TMnK!Ryoma.
    Atobe only did it through AK. Or using his Insight, and his Insight is implied by Konomi to be exclusive to him.

The only MSer who might have a serve around Neo Scud Serve level is Shiraishi w/out Gauntlet. Ochi so far has only impressed with his serve, since Niou cant even return it yet. I dont see Niou returning Neo Scud Serve casually either.

Im saying I expect Ochi to have another ability that puts him above the rest of the fodder No.s 11-20 and likely above Mouri.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crasher's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there no translations to these chapters yet?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont remember it being called that and also, is it confirmed that Mach serve was a special serve, or was that just his standard serve.
    Or... Is Mach Serve his standard serve.
    Mach is the serve he showed us.

Atobe only did it through AK. Or using his Insight, and his Insight is implied by Konomi to be exclusive to him.
    AK is a product of Insight, but I guess in this case you'd use Insight itself to describe it, since AK is the technique itself.

The only MSer who might have a serve around Neo Scud Serve level is Shiraishi w/out Gauntlet. Ochi so far has only impressed with his serve, since Niou cant even return it yet. I dont see Niou returning Neo Scud Serve casually either.
    Waterfall is also on the same level, it was only very slightly slower.

Waterfall was also returned by Yanagi and Kirihara, so I think it's fair to say that Niou could return Neo Scud after one or two games. I guess you could argue it's due to Yanagi's data, but in the end all the high level MSers should be able to return those serves at some point during the set.

Im saying I expect Ochi to have another ability that puts him above the rest of the fodder No.s 11-20 and likely above Mouri.
    I would hope so. However, given his title, I think we can expect something else from him as the match progresses.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterfall is also on the same level, it was only very slightly slower.

Waterfall was also returned by Yanagi and Kirihara, so I think it's fair to say that Niou could return Neo Scud after one or two games. I guess you could argue it's due to Yanagi's data, but in the end all the high level MSers should be able to return those serves at some point during the set.
    Just what my argument was gonna be.
    But now that I think about it, Niou was wrong to use.
    I guess someone considerably weaker like Ishida. G would struggle with the speed of Neo Scud.

I was thinking about Waterfall but couldnt remember the km/h between the 2. Fair enough they are returnable.
    But still im expecting a powerful technique from Ochi since Mach serve shouldnt even let him be better than No.s 11-20. They showed they were all let's just above 3rd Court level.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Just what my argument was gonna be.
    But now that I think about it, Niou was wrong to use.
    I guess someone considerably weaker like Ishida. G would struggle with the speed of Neo Scud.

I was thinking about Waterfall but couldnt remember the km/h between the 2. Fair enough they are returnable.
    But still im expecting a powerful technique from Ochi since Mach serve shouldnt even let him be better than No.s 11-20. They showed they were all let's just above 3rd Court level.
    Sure, if Ochi is called Mental Assasin, he might have the ability to destroy one's mental with some technique.

And if Waterfall was almost as fast as Neo Scud, and was returned by Yanagi, then Neo Scud would be returned easily by Renji, Kirihara and Niou. Oh, and Yukimura would also return both Neo Scud Serve and Ochi's Macha.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, if Ochi is called Mental Assasin, he might have the ability to destroy one's mental with some technique.

And if Waterfall was almost as fast as Neo Scud, and was returned by Yanagi, then Neo Scud would be returned easily by Renji, Kirihara and Niou. Oh, and Yukimura would also return both Neo Scud Serve and Ochi's Macha.
    It could just be that by having a "supposedly" unreturnable first serve and the ability to negate opponent's techniques through some method, his opponents just mentally break down.

Irie's not called the Mental Assassin, but he mindrapes people left and right. Irie plays down and then breaks people just for fun. They comment that if Atobe didn't have such high mental, he would've broken against Irie. Irie KOs Akiba somehow after he goes into serious mode; perhaps he mindrapes Akiba and Akiba mentally collapses.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    It could just be that by having a "supposedly" unreturnable first serve and the ability to negate opponent's techniques through some method, his opponents just mentally break down.

Irie's not called the Mental Assassin, but he mindrapes people left and right. Irie plays down and then breaks people just for fun. They comment that if Atobe didn't have such high mental, he would've broken against Irie. Irie KOs Akiba somehow after he goes into serious mode; perhaps he mindrapes Akiba and Akiba mentally collapses.
    Irie is way stronger mental wise than Ochi, the fact that he destroys you when you're about to win is the most frightening sensation you can get. I think that Irie may be part of the top 10 like Oni but another player replaced him like it happened with Oni.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Irie's less of an mind-rapist and more of an actor, guys.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Irie is way stronger mental wise than Ochi, the fact that he destroys you when you're about to win is the most frightening sensation you can get. I think that Irie may be part of the top 10 like Oni but another player replaced him like it happened with Oni.
    My prediction is that Irie beats Duke for the No. 3 place. So, just like in the U-17 Camp where Kazuya was Court 1, Irie was Court 3, and Oni was Court 5, I expect the trio to continue on with Kazuya as No. 1, Irie as No. 3, and Oni as No. 5. That doesn't mean that Irie's necessarily stronger than Oni, however.

If you look at Akiba's dialogue with Irie, Irie never actually joined the 1st string, in the same way that Kazuya didn't. Irie may have wanted a top 5 placing, but couldn't get his win at the time, much like Kazuya, so he couldn't make it. Or, he just didn't like the way things were and wanted to wait for the MSers. So, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Irie's less of an mind-rapist and more of an actor, guys.
    Indeed, Irie just screws with people, but it's sort of mind rape. He does manage to KO Akiba.

Niou does mindrape people though.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post

Irie the Pierrot. His World of Ice was a level above Atobe's. He probably just World of Ice'd Akiba. Also, Akiba was fodder. We all kinda knew Irie was gonna win, but most of all, once we noticed that the No.s 18 and 19 were having trouble with Momoshiro it should have instantly clicked that Akiba was gonna get destroyed.

Ochi needs to have something else. Since Mouri could have paired with just anyone, since in the Top 8, Im certain at least one of them have a fantastic serve, in speed or power or spin, at least 1 of them.
    Mouri could have paired with Hakamada who uses Vanish which I believe can be used as a serve also? Im not too sure, but if Vanish can be used as a serve which I think it can, then Ochi's value would just decrease unless he has something extra which makes him Top 10.

Im just saying I wont be satisfied if Ochi is ranked above Mouri if Mouri can hammer him in Singles and Ochi only has a neat serve.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterfall record = 212 km/h
    Neo Scud Serve record = 215 km/h
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

I'm sure this has been discussed already but i can't find any information. Why Ryoma doesnt use PoP?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fosprey View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed already but i can't find any information. Why Ryoma doesnt use PoP?
    We don't know. It could be that he isn't capable of using it willingly. However, if you looked at all Ryoma match in the SPoT. There isn't at any point that he need to use PoP on his opponents, save for when he fight against Kazuya. Andddd, that match is skipped in the manga. So, we don't get to see it at all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast