Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Chapter 69 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 70 RAW | Translation

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

I think that these are great chapters because we know the real position of Oni and that he's very very strong, as he completely wiped out Kaji.

Atobe/Niou vs Ochi/Muuri is such an amazing, yet unexpected match. I want to see what No.9 and 10 are capable of, but I think that Atobe/Niou (Tezuka) can win the first match, Atobe has AK and Niou is with Tezuka illusion, so he can use Hyakuren, Zone, Phantom and Zero-shiki drop (and maybe ZSS if he improved more, he couldn't in the past, I wonder if he can do it).

Finally, next month we will finally see the players playing. What is strange is that Ryoma doesn't remember Ryoga, but I think it's like in the movie, so he should be able to remember him.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

my prediction:
    Tohno/Kimijima vs Bunta/Kite
    Ryūji Ōmagari Vs Jin or Kaidoh
    Oni Vs Momoshiro or Jin
    Ryoga vs Echizen
    Duke vs Fuji or Tachibana
    Tanegashima Shūji Vs Sanada
    Byōdōin Hōō vs Tokugawa Kazuya

Ochi and Muuri they look amazing but why Niou ? He has a badge no ?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kantou View Post
    my prediction:
    Tohno/Kimijima vs Bunta/Kite
    Ryūji Ōmagari Vs Jin or Kaidoh
    Oni Vs Momoshiro or Jin
    Ryoga vs Echizen
    Duke vs Fuji or Tachibana
    Tanegashima Shūji Vs Sanada
    Byōdōin Hōō vs Tokugawa Kazuya

Ochi and Muuri they look amazing but why Niou ? He has a badge no ?
    I hope your list is wrong. No offense, but these matches would piss me off. Seeing Tachibana as No.3, Seeing Sanada above Echizen,
    I only like the idea of Akutsu facing Oni since they had a rivalry from the start of the series.

Marui/Kite would prefer just outside the Top10.
    Im excited about Atobe/Niou pair, but NOT excited that they are fighting for No.s 9-10. Not cool at all.
    Niou shouldnt be a top10 member. Ever.

But not even showing us Kaji VS Oni?
    This manga so far has been horribly rushed hahaha. Konomi knows too well his manga is too popular for him to bother writing as good as a storyline as he did for PoT.

But, after reading 69, that chapter was an amazing chapter.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Niou and Atobe with those numbers isn't cool, but well, it's an interesting match. Definitely, I think that Niou/Atobe are going to win, tough it's going to be hard. They're players with strong skills, and both are extremely good. Also, Niou is with Tezuka's illusion, so I don't dee them losing, but winning the first match.

And Fuji WILL play for sure, my predictions for the matches and possible ones are:

Muuri/Ochi vs Atobe/Niou (Atobe/Niou win)
    Tohno/Kimijima vs Kirihara/Shiraishi (Tohno/Kimijima win)
    Oohmagari vs Fuji (Fuji wins)
    Oni vs Akutsu (Akutsu wins)
    Ryoga vs Ryoma (of course Ryoma wins)
    Duke vs Gin (Duke wins)
    Sanada vs Shuuji (Sanada wins)
    Tokugawa vs Byodouin (Tokugawa wins)
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 31, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I hope your list is wrong. No offense, but these matches would piss me off. Seeing Tachibana as No.3, Seeing Sanada above Echizen,
    I only like the idea of Akutsu facing Oni since they had a rivalry from the start of the series.

Marui/Kite would prefer just outside the Top10.
    Im excited about Atobe/Niou pair, but NOT excited that they are fighting for No.s 9-10. Not cool at all.
    Niou shouldnt be a top10 member. Ever.

But not even showing us Kaji VS Oni?
    This manga so far has been horribly rushed hahaha. Konomi knows too well his manga is too popular for him to bother writing as good as a storyline as he did for PoT.

But, after reading 69, that chapter was an amazing chapter.
    Just a note "Fan service" no logical with konami

Kite/Bunta vs Tohno/Kimijima =possible match Tohno is violent as Kite, Kimijima is called Tensai
    Ryoga vs Echizen= brother match
    Tanegashima Shūji Vs Sanada= clash in latest chapters
    Byōdōin Hōō vs Tokugawa Kazuya= revenge
    Oni Vs Jin =promise of death
    for the other match I just gave the idea Fuji should play.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kantou View Post
    Just a note "Fan service" no logical with konami

Kite/Bunta vs Tohno/Kimijima =possible match Tohno is violent as Kite, Kimijima is called Tensai
    Ryoga vs Echizen= brother match
    Tanegashima Shūji Vs Sanada= clash in latest chapters
    Byōdōin Hōō vs Tokugawa Kazuya= revenge
    Oni Vs Jin =promise of death
    for the other match I just gave the idea Fuji should play.
    It makes sense for them to play, and its a good list, I just dont want it to happen, its just that I DO NOT want Sanada above Echizen, or as high as No.2. Unless Yukimura is also Top 5 or something. Yukimura being No.11 and Sanada being No.2 is nonsense.

Seriously hoping Oni VS Akutsu had better be full of death threats, swearing violence and all the crazy stuff that doesnt usually occur in Sports Mangas.

Hopefully Konomi intends to fix the mess that is Kenya, Kabaji and Kawamura being 1st Stringers.

Am I the only one who is gutted at the this 'Genius' Top 10 being kicked out after their 1st encounters?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, most likely the MS will kick them out lol.

And maybe, and I think it can happen, Yukimura will play vs Duke and win, making him No.3, it makes more sense that way.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yeah, most likely the MS will kick them out lol.

And maybe, and I think it can happen, Yukimura will play vs Duke and win, making him No.3, it makes more sense that way.
    To be honest, I want a Yukimura VS Sanada clash to determine who is strongest once and for all like we got with Tezuka and Sanada.

But yeah, if Yukimura aint in Top 5, then Konomi must be doing this manga right in the middle of interviews or something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense for them to play, and its a good list, I just dont want it to happen, its just that I DO NOT want Sanada above Echizen, or as high as No.2. Unless Yukimura is also Top 5 or something. Yukimura being No.11 and Sanada being No.2 is nonsense.
    Why? Weren't you the one who argued with me over pages that the numbers don't necessarily mean the higher No. is better than the lower one?

Not to mention, didn't Sai also make a good case for Akutsu > Yukimura? Sanada has 5 at once as well, and with Echizen being upgraded to 10 at once, it's not farfetched to think that Sanada might have accomplished the same. The points are essentially the same.

Hopefully Konomi intends to fix the mess that is Kenya, Kabaji and Kawamura being 1st Stringers.
    Kenya and Momo kept their badges. You can see it when you look closely at their jerseys.

Niou apparently forfeited his badge, possibly for Kikumaru and we don't have any information on the others.

This shows however that it's possible to forfeit your badge and aim for a higher rank, so it's possible that we see Yukimura, Kintarou or Irie again.

Am I the only one who is gutted at the this 'Genius' Top 10 being kicked out after their 1st encounters?
    Personally, I think that 2-3 of the G10 will keep their spots and otherwise it's completly expected for the rest to get kicked out. It's just not feasible to give stepping stones two or more matches in a monthly series, or even in a weekly one given the amount of characters we have.

On the one hand, people are complaining that the manga is rushed, on the other hand they think that the story isn't progressing fast enough. You can't have both with monthly releases.

Anyway, my predictions...

For the No. 9/10 match, I expect Atobe/Niou to win. Ochi seems to be the more threatening opponent at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if Niou has to give up on Tezuka in order to trick the other pair. To that end, I could see him imitating Atobe in the end to keep the opponent guessing which one's the real Atobe (possibly to allow Atobe to focus his Insight and hit winner with AK).

For the other matches, I think it'll be something like this:

No. 1 Tokugawa
    No. 2 Sanada
    No. 3 Kintarou
    No. 4 Irie
    No. 5 Akutsu
    No. 6 Echizen
    No. 7 Shiraishi
    No. 8 Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Why? Weren't you the one who argued with me over pages that the numbers don't necessarily mean the higher No. is better than the lower one?
    I didnt. Ive never thought that.

Not to mention, didn't Sai also make a good case for Akutsu > Yukimura? Sanada has 5 at once as well, and with Echizen being upgraded to 10 at once, it's not farfetched to think that Sanada might have accomplished the same. The points are essentially the same.

Not for Akutsu > Yukimura. That was Akutsu > Fuji.
    5 balls at once cant be enough to defeat Yukimura otherwise Sanada wouldnt have gained both 5 and BA, Echizen wouldnt have been handed the ability to hit 10 and Kintaro wouldnt have been handed mass clone technique.

Kenya and Momo kept their badges. You can see it when you look closely at their jerseys.

Niou apparently forfeited his badge, possibly for Kikumaru and we don't have any information on the others.

This shows however that it's possible to forfeit your badge and aim for a higher rank, so it's possible that we see Yukimura, Kintarou or Irie again. 
    Im most certainly gutted that Kenya is still a 1st Stringer.

Personally, I think that 2-3 of the G10 will keep their spots and otherwise it's completly expected for the rest to get kicked out. It's just not feasible to give stepping stones two or more matches in a monthly series, or even in a weekly one given the amount of characters we have.

On the one hand, people are complaining that the manga is rushed, on the other hand they think that the story isn't progressing fast enough. You can't have both with monthly releases. 
    Personally, I think people would have preferred having Tokugawa play a full match against another guy from the 1st Court, having a Shuffle match between 6h Court and possibly old 2nd Court, or Fully Showing the Middle Schoolers shuffle against old 2nd Court, Or fully show the matches of the Foreign Expedition challenges one be one and still be just getting towards the end of it, than this.

Since so far, weve all got excited about something, then BAM! They become fodder and we speed through, and Repeat. Weve had our excitement dashed away a lot so far. Look what 3rd Court amounted to.

Anyway, my predictions...

For the No. 9/10 match, I expect Atobe/Niou to win. Ochi seems to be the more threatening opponent at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if Niou has to give up on Tezuka in order to trick the other pair. To that end, I could see him imitating Atobe in the end to keep the opponent guessing which one's the real Atobe (possibly to allow Atobe to focus his Insight and hit winner with AK).

For the other matches, I think it'll be something like this:

No. 1 Tokugawa
    No. 2 Sanada
    No. 3 Kintarou
    No. 4 Irie
    No. 5 Akutsu
    No. 6 Echizen
    No. 7 Shiraishi
    No. 8 Fuji
    A little random... Besides Sanada, Akutsu and Tokugawa.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; December 31, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possible that Byōdōin is still the No. 1 .I love the passage with Mizuki I can see in assistant coach

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Echizen will play against Ryoga chaos, not Oomagari. also, if Irie played Ryoga, Irie would lose. The most logical character to beat him is Echizen, and I know that Konomi won't make him play against another player who isn't Ryoga.

Andabout the upcoming match, Atobe/Niou will win, and I doubt Tezuka won't work. if that happens, Niou can become Atobe and confuse totally the opponent.

It's stupid that Kintarou plays Duke, I would prefer Yukimura vs Duke with Yukimura winning.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 31, 2011 at 02:26 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ochi play. The guy is freakishly tall and is kind of a foil to Atobe.
    It'll be a mental vs. mental battle between him and Atobe. Both of them are known for attacking the opponents weaknesses. But you have hyper cool and composed vs. hyper arrogant and showy. I do have to wonder now, we only know that the 2 years before, that Rikkai had won the nationals. I wonder how Hyoutei did 3 years before under Ochi. It's implied Ochi was the captain to first lead them there, but it isn't said if they won.

I can actually see Niou at some point drop Tezuka to become Yukimura, Sanada and Renji just to see how Mouri would take them on. But, in the end I do like the idea of Niou going Atobe and having a double Atobe combination.

Now I have to wonder which schools did all the other 1st stringers go to. I'm glad we finally have some back story on them with connections to the other schools.

I think my theory on Ryoga might actually work still. He is Nanjirou's illegitimate child. It makes sense in that he's older, looks like nanjirou and has blue eyes. He could be from some fling he had when he entered America with one of the many blondes he was always hanging around before settling down with Rinko. So then Ryoga could be Ryoma's half brother and the reason he's been in America all this time was because he was being raised by his mother.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

If Niou becomes Yukimura, which, personally, I think it would be beyond amazing, then game over to Ochi/Muuri, stopping Atobe/Yukimura combination is almost impossible.

New Reply
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast