Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 71 and 72 Discussion/Predicitions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 71 and 72 Discussion/Predicitions

Quote Quote:
    And 1-1 in the final chapter I did not understand, was it 1-1 game or 1-1 set?
    I dont mean to be rude but seriously are you really asking such a dumb question lol. Remember you need to have 6 game to win a set or 7 game if you go into tiebreak. Also if they are playing best of 3 set you need to have 2 of the 3 sets to win. The game just started and we haven't even seen one set yet so it's not possible that its 1-1 set already.

Quote Quote:
    I wonder what will Nioh use to return Ochi's serve.
    Will he become one of the fast players? Maybe he will become Kikumaru because of his eyesight and then turn back to Tezuka after returning the serve?
    Niou will transform into AtobeNiou; BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

In theory just standing in the service box to return ZSS would work. If a regular serve is used, a Super Rising would deal with it perfectly. Also, it's very highly unlikely that two absolute weak spots of two player would overlap in a doubles match. World of Ice and Atobe Kingdom are different. World of Ice is about "not seeing the ball" and muscle restriction. Atobe Kingdom is about joint and bone restriction. Because World of Ice attacks the opponent's vision, it has much more range than AK. However if you are only limited to bones and joints, the range is severely lessened. Meaning that the weak spots for AK are not as widespread on the court than WoI. So in doubles, the players are standing far apart from each other so the weak spot radii for the players don't overlap often, unless Double Approach or something that brings the players together is used.

Also, Synchro could technically be used to counter Atobe Kingdom. Synchro should allow the users to share vision as well, so the combined eyesight of the two players covers the entire court. This leaves no visual blind spot which means no World of Ice and also covers for some, not all, absolute blind spots of AK. Also with Synchro, if one partner's absolute blind spot is attacked, the partner could detect it in an instant and go to return the ball when the partner couldn't. This is possible as shown when Kikumaru prevented Oishi from hitting the ball in an instant when they were playing against Shishiso and Ootori. So instantaneous knowledge of a partner's condition is possible through Synchro. These are just some of my theories, they may not be right.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LJkAze View Post
    I dont mean to be rude but seriously are you really asking such a dumb question lol. Remember you need to have 6 game to win a set or 7 game if you go into tiebreak. Also if they are playing best of 3 set you need to have 2 of the 3 sets to win. The game just started and we haven't even seen one set yet so it's not possible that its 1-1 set already.

Niou will transform into AtobeNiou; BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know the game rules, but translation was saying 'there will be a total of 3 games', so I didn't know if it was in the second game or final of second set, because the translation could be incorrect again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I know the game rules, but translation was saying 'there will be a total of 3 games', so I didn't know if it was in the second game or final of second set, because the translation could be incorrect again.
    It's 1 all and still first set and ya those translation are wrong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's just one set? Or three

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

3 sets. Or 2 sets if someone wins two in a row.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Niou drastically improved didn't he? Wonder if it's gonna be enough though. I can't really see him staying as tezuka the whole match, as he's never illusioned a whole match before, I can see him turning into atobe but I like even more the idea of him turning into sanada/yukimura and crushing the rikkai old boy. Whoa, what if niou could turn into more than one person simultaneously? Turn into some kind of fuji, sanada tezuka hybrid? I don't really see why he couldn't, maybe it's the next step for him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Prediction: Niou, if he fail with Tezuka, will at some points later in the game transform into Atobe. Then, it's double Atobe Kingdom.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Although double atobe would be cool, I would say more of a chance to transform into the Rikkai big 3, since Mouri talked about wanting to face them and all. But then again, its a possible 3 setter, maybe he will turn into all of them.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    Although double atobe would be cool, I would say more of a chance to transform into the Rikkai big 3, since Mouri talked about wanting to face them and all. But then again, its a possible 3 setter, maybe he will turn into all of them.
    Same here. Im seeing Niou just become one of his teammates since in theory, he should be able to become Sanada or Yanagi the best out of any of the players above him.
    Since unlike Yukimura who was gone from the Districts time until after Prior To Nationals time, he trained with Sanada and Yanagi what seems to be almost daily and his Illusions of them should be incredibly strong since coz he is Ambidextrous there isnt anything to really hold him back.
    Would be nice to see him become Yanagi and collect mass data on Mouri from the past and then become Sanada and slap him around with Lightning haha.
    Although it was stated he doesnt know too much about Mouri, im certain Yanagi has at least some useful info if he watched Mouri ''wipe'' Oshitari Kenya during the Nationals Semifinals the 2nd time they won it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i really hope it isn't a translator error and it is best out of 3 sets and not 3 games. but why do i have a nagging feeling that it isn't an error and it actually means up to 3 games only? i mean the author has been rushing things with matches so it wouldn't be out of the question he would screw things over like that since he may want to start on the international team arc if there is one. as for the match it self i'm very interested and happy it looks like they are not making the top ten fodder =P hopefully every match is tough. i definitely think niou will transform into different players through out the match, would be interesting to see him pull off yagani's data tennis or sanadas moves. him pulling off yukimuras yips would especially be crazy. but i definitely think double atobe kingdom will happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute ... Whatever happened to the chapters where Ryoga and Ryoma encountered Boyoudouin?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Wait a minute ... Whatever happened to the chapters where Ryoga and Ryoma encountered Boyoudouin?
    Ryoga intervened and Byoudouin left. Uh, our group's been a bit slow with the scanning, but there are scans up on MF for those chapters. The tls are a bit off at times, but nothing major.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

If Atobe becomes Yanagi and then Sanada, then they will win easily

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post