Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Kurapica is dead???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurapica is dead???

Well ok, maybe not. But we haven't seen him in a while and it would be a real shocker.
    Actually to be even more shocking would be if Kurapica had...killed himself. Sure, it probably
    wouldn't happen given this is still Shonen. But Kurapica's fight against the Spiders was a
    real toll on his psyche. What if Kurapica just couldn't the pressure anymore and killed himself?
    And how would Gon react to his good friend being driven to suicide? Again the chances
    of this happening are extremely low. Suicide is almost never a subject in shonen manga.
    But how would you feel if Kurapica did end his own life?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurapica is dead???

Unlikelly, but who knows. Kurapica's death could still be a good arc to see in my opinion though ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heron bpv View Post
    Unlikelly, but who knows. Kurapica's death could still be a good arc to see in my opinion though ^^
    I agree with you. Even Togashi wouldn't attempt to kill Kurapica off-panel. Afterall he got a huge fanbase.^^

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    this is still Shonen.
    After reading HxH for a couple of years now, i'm not so sure about that anymore.

But i don't think he's dead. He's probably busy hunting the spiders. Kurapika has an inner conflict, he does not know whats more important, his friends, or his vengeance. Right now he's probably completely driven by his hatred after finding out that there's a nen remover on the way to Kuroro.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I agree with you. Even Togashi wouldn't attempt to kill Kurapica off-panel. Afterall he got a huge fanbase.^^
    But that be just the reason to kill him off.
    What good is killing a character that nobody cares about?

At the same time you're right. The huge fanbase would also keep Kuapica alive
    since it would be a risk to kill him off. Fans might stop reading it.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    After reading HxH for a couple of years now, i'm not so sure about that anymore.

But i don't think he's dead. He's probably busy hunting the spiders. Kurapika has an inner conflict, he does not know whats more important, his friends, or his vengeance. Right now he's probably completely driven by his hatred after finding out that there's a nen remover on the way to Kuroro.
    Well it is very violent. But I mean...it's in Shonen Jump. It's for older teens. But still Shonen.

I don't think he's dead either but I just thought it be interesting to consider the possibility.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hes not dead hes probadly somewhere to find informations about every single Member of Genei Ryodan or what they goals are and other stuff
    I think Kuroro will take his place soon in the story after long time he will find his way back to the Genei Ryodan when he havent already

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so...Togashi wouldn't kill such an important character off screen...unless we see his death as a flashback...

Then again, unlikely

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

After learning that Genei Ryodan comes from Ryuusei I believe there is an ulterior motive for them. It's very likely that Kurapika is getting that info and it's located in that place, reason why He did not answered the call of the HxH association.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

While I think just about anything can (and does) happen in HXH, there's a pretty strong protagonist shield over the four main characters (and maybe even Hisoka). I don't think it's impossible for Kurapika to die after dealing with the Ryodan though, since he'd be pretty much through with his main purpose in life at that stage.

New Reply