Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Skip-Beat 華麗的挑戰 / Hua Li De Tiao Zhan

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip-Beat 華麗的挑戰 / Hua Li De Tiao Zhan

Skip-Beat

Also known as: Extravagant Challenge
    Genre: Romance, comedy
    Opening theme song: S.O.L.O (華麗的獨秀) by Super Junior-M
    Ending theme song: Zhe Shi Ai (這是愛) by Lee Dong Hae
    No of episodes: ?

Synopsis:
    Quote Quote:
    Gong Xi sacrificed her life to support her boyfriend, Bu Puo Shang, so he could become a successful singer. One day, Shang suddenly breaks up with Gong Xi, leaving her with nothing, and Gong Xi vows revenge. She decides to delve into the entertainment world and become even more successful than Shang to get back at him. Gong Xi therein meets Dun He Lian, another actor in her agency, who helps motivate her to become a top entertainer.
    Cast:

Spoiler show

My thoughts on ep 1:

FINALLY! Another kind of adaption for one of the best shoujo manga, skip beat been so long since I've watched any adaption since the awesome anime.
    One thing I really love about episode 1 was ivy chen's acting, she makes a great kyoko. Although I don't really like that red hair
    What I also like is how some parts stayed true to the original manga, which makes me really happy. But what that's also like a double edged sword because
    what I really disliked was what they added in. Firstly, some parts were padded out and edited/changed. Also, kyoko(or gong xi) was s'pose to feel angry more than sad. However, I can't really blame them because it's more human that way.

What I really disliked was how Kyoko/gong xi had a friend already, that was not suppose to happen until she met that special person(who she called a first true friend)
    It's still a great first episode although I was really against super junior being the ones acting because really..after this episode, they really can't act ( how the heck does that guy look like ren?! ) ..yet because of my love for skip beat I'll see this "idol drama" through.
    For anyone watching a good romance/comedy, check this out! Although it probably won't stay true to Skip Beat! and create an ending of it's own, but I'm sure even w/o watching/reading sb, it will be enjoyable

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Skip-Beat 華麗的挑戰 / Hua Li De Tiao Zhan

I've watched it till eps 6...
    I was pessimistic about this show at first, but when I actually watched it, it exceeds my expectations.
    Lots of the story stays true to the manga, and Ivy Chen is really good as Gong Xi (Kyouko). She can play well that stupidly "innocent" girl.
    I did not expect that Kyouko's demons will show up too... :P
    And oh.. about Gong Xi having a friend, she will later say to Moko that this friend is not actually a friend... And the person is now in Uni, faraway from Kyouko, so they can't be friends for real...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

It was done really well, esp ep 6 . Damn those serious/sad parts with the little girl was so nicely done by gong xi(ivy chen)
    and the funny part was epic(although they cut out the tennis playing) and really, that middle finger

Yep, i was skeptical of it at first too but now I kind of adore it, the opening and ending songs by Super Junior-M are amazing too

Quote Quote:
    And oh.. about Gong Xi having a friend, she will later say to Moko that this friend is not actually a friend... And the person is now in Uni, faraway from Kyouko, so they can't be friends for real...
    Really glad that they fixed that but its weird that they put her(that friend) there in the first place peharps an actress wanting to gain fame?

Hmm, i wonder how far the drama will cover? Up to dark moon and after it(after it is actually one of my fav sb arc) ? I think an original ending is coming..
    but I guess they have no choice :/ I'm also not too sure about how many episodes are confirmed.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering about that too... I really want to see Dark Moon..

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I didn't plan to watch it specifically, to be honest. This series is broadcasted on one of the TV channels I have here so I ended up watching since I was curious. XD I am a supporter of Shou in the manga but in the drama I have to say Si Won is much better than Dong Hae. *shrugs* Ivy Chen is so... small... but that portrays Kyoko quite great. I also like how it stays true to the drama as much as it could. The tea serving scene is not as touching as in the manga as I could remember, but not bad either. Look forward to Dark Moon part, though. XD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The series has ended for quite some time now...

Well, it still doesn't really give us a clear ending, but at least it's better than the anime.

To think about it again... I love the Shou's PV arc. Kyouko really looks like a beautiful Angel of Death.

I wonder if there will be season 2?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    To think about it again... I love the Shou's PV arc. Kyouko really looks like a beautiful Angel of Death.

I wonder if there will be season 2?
    I bet it would, one of my favorite part too.

Season 2, I wonder. Haven't searched for the news, but from the ending there is enough space for a continuation, and fans are screaming so hard for new installment. We'll see. :P

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

That's because kyoko's actress is so gorgeous too isn't it
    I really enjoyed the drama adaption and it went even longer than the anime seeing how dark moon was adapted (so well too)
    and that ending was so open and stayed true to the manga. I don't think there are high chances of a s2 seeing how it's Super Junior and
    the manga hasn't ended yet unless they wanna make an original end.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, I think I'm getting attached looking at Si Won in this drama.

Well, sometimes I feel Gong Xi is a bit too annoying. Perhaps that is what I feel from reading the manga and how Kyoko reacts as well, but since nothing moves in the manga the impact of her being so noisy and hyperactive does not strike me as much as in the manga. :P Who knows maybe one day they are going to make another season when Skip Beat is near the end or has ended. I'm not sure of the status of the manga at Japan so I wouldn't know. XD

Needs to see Si Won as Ren more, kehehehe~

New Reply