Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    This is the exact thing that I posted in the chapter 69 - 70 prediction and discussion thread...

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

#1 byoduin vs kazuya --> Kazuya but Ryoma will revenge and take the number 1 Spot
    #2 Shuuji vs Sanada --> Sanada win (he can now control the BA)
    #3 Duke vs Fuji --> Fuji win (if Duke is a power player then Fuji will find a way to counter it)
    #4 Ryoga vs Shiraishi or Yukimura --> Ryoga will lose
    #5/6 Oni/Oomagari vs Akutsu/Kirihara --> Akutsu/Kirihara will win
    #7/8 Tohno/Kimijima vs Kite/Marui --> Tohno/Kimijma will win (but the I think Shiraishi/Kintaro will battle them and take the spot)
    #9/10 Ochi/Muuri vs Atobe/Niou --> Atobe/Niou will win (Niou will transform to Atobe and perform Double Atobe Kingdom then finish the game with Tango to destruction Lol)

Haha! That's my prediction though.. Sorry about the comment a while ago its not the exact post but almost the same post from the previous threads...
    haha i didn't read yours at all before hand before making my list. freaky! only problem i have with your list is the loss to win ratio with you having the middle schoolers winning the majority of matches. i think konomi has to make it that some middle schoolers will lose and it will come down to the wire with echizen being the tie breaker. thats why i made my predictions the way i did. i believe one match will end in a no game/draw since thats typically what konomi has done in the past some times with his matches like he just did for the atobe vs irie match so whats to say he wont do it again? i had originally thought kirihara might play in the top ten but then i took that back since he has massive development in his shuffle match with Shiraishi, they both got a lot of development so i think it's time for some one else to get the spot light which is why i choose kintaro because he didn't even show a new move or anything when he spanked that high schooler. i dont think they should have put atobe to be play in the top 10 since he got a shit load of development against irie, only reason i feel konomi did it was because he's popular.

for ryoga vs yukimura i really think yukimura should lose because he's too overpowered and must be humbled. but i think it would be a close match though. with ryoga winning 6-4 or 7-5

for kazuya vs byoduin i just dont see kazuya winning for some reason since it's always been a theme of the series for a non central character to lose against his rival. i know kazuya is supposed to be taking over for tezuka but it's not doing it for me. kazuya will pass the reins to echizen. aside from irie i dont see oni or kazuya being on the top 20 to play international teams. at best they will just take one of the vacant spots from the 11-20 positions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can think of is that Ryoma will have a match with Ryoga, Ryoma will lose and then Ryoga will reveal himself as the USA captain or something like that.. Just a random prediction of mine.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    All I can think of is that Ryoma will have a match with Ryoga, Ryoma will lose and then Ryoga will reveal himself as the USA captain or something like that.. Just a random prediction of mine.
    That's something pretty random and it won't happen, Ryoga will face Yukimura or Irie and win.

I prefer, tough, a brother match with Ryoma winning since Konomi won't make him lose in an official match

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

@LetalHawk:
    Wasn't Ryoga like part of the USA team or something like that?? I haven't watched the movie LOL. (Not that it is cannon since Konomi could change it to whatever he fells like).

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

@LetalHawk:
    Wasn't Ryoga like part of the USA team or something like that?? I haven't watched the movie LOL. (Not that it is cannon since Konomi could change it to whatever he fells like).
    No, lol. Ryoga in the movie was part of SakuraFubuki team, he never played in USA team lol.

The one who played USA was Kevin Smith, altough it wasn't canon.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@LetalHawk:
    Nah. Ryoga was simply a player who was old enough for hire and could travel around by himself, so Im presuming he is a 3rd Year High Schooler, but yeah he was just the adopted older bro, who a Corrupt Grand Cruise Owner hired amongst several 6 or 7 others to be part of his personal tennis team.
    The owners name was Sakurafubuki.

He hired them to face the winners of the Kanto Regional Tournament and offered them loads a money. He then forced the Seigaku team who were the winners of the Kanto Regionals to lose on purpose as he knew the whole ship were betting on the Kanto Regional winners to win.
    Seigaku refuse. Pathetic drama kicks in.
    Ryoga refuses to go along with the corruption as Ryoma and Tezuka kinda persuade in him in the typical shonen talk-no-jutsu style.
    Ryoga fires a tennis ball to Sakurafubuki's head.
    Ryoga and Ryoma have epic match they even rally underwater, then we see Dragon Cyclone Smash, the boat is sinking, things fall and crash on the court, the ball lands in Ryoga's court, despite the match not being over, Ryoga says with a cool face ''You Win''.
    THe Seigaku team escape sinking ship, Ryoga rescues Ryoma and leaves saying he will go and travel the world. THE END.

Ryoga makes amazing entrance to PoT Storyline by just looking chill on the Top 20 bus with an Orange in his hand.
    Keeps the suspense by being THE LAST member of The Top 10 for his name to be revealed. And thats all there is to the guy. But he is definetely really cool. He eats oranges w/out peeling them.

But yeah, Its possible that Konomi could write in that he was in USA for a while. But Im also not sure that Ryoga will remain a Top 10 member.
    I was expecting a completely Middle Schooler line-up from No.s 1-10 but its just a prediction.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.. There goes my theory of him being USA captain haha..

Thanks for explaining guys.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well.. There goes my theory of him being USA captain haha..

Thanks for explaining guys.
    It would be coolf if Ryoga faces and beats Yukimura in a close match to make Yukimura lose for the first time in POT. He needs improvement and to stop using yips, so he has to lose.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't think Yukimura deliberately forces his opponents into Yips. Yukimura just returns EVERY shot into the corner with high power and spin. This is Yukimura's style, to turn every shot offensive no matter what you throw at him. The byproduct of this is the Yips. Yukimura's tennis is the most ideal style. So why would he stop playing this perfect form of tennis? If you say he needs to stop using Yips, you first have to tell Yukimura to stop making perfect returns. So saying Yukimura needs to stop using Yips is wrong. However, saying that Yukimura needs a new technique is more appropriate.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    To be honest I don't think Yukimura deliberately forces his opponents into Yips. Yukimura just returns EVERY shot into the corner with high power and spin. This is Yukimura's style, to turn every shot offensive no matter what you throw at him. The byproduct of this is the Yips. Yukimura's tennis is the most ideal style. So why would he stop playing this perfect form of tennis? If you say he needs to stop using Yips, you first have to tell Yukimura to stop making perfect returns. So saying Yukimura needs to stop using Yips is wrong. However, saying that Yukimura needs a new technique is more appropriate.
    I didn't say he has to stop. You didn't understand me, I'm just saying that he needs to add special shots to his playstyle and attack the opponent more. I see Ryoga the perfect opponent for him, Ryoga will hit shots that Yukimura can't return, that's why he needs a more offensive style and techniques to destroy his opponent.

His style is perfect and I love it, but there are opponents that will hit shots that Yukimura won't return. Ryoga, Shuuji, Tokugawa and Byodouin are hs who can defeat him, that's why he needs to improve and incorporate new techniques that allow him to attack his opponent more. What's the point of returning the opponent shots if you can't score a point? With special techniques, Yukimura could defeat the strongest HS. And Yukimura is the kind of guy that with improvement can become unbeteable.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I didn't say he has to stop. You didn't understand me, I'm just saying that he needs to add special shots to his playstyle and attack the opponent more. I see Ryoga the perfect opponent for him, Ryoga will hit shots that Yukimura can't return, that's why he needs a more offensive style and techniques to destroy his opponent.

His style is perfect and I love it, but there are opponents that will hit shots that Yukimura won't return. Ryoga, Shuuji, Tokugawa and Byodouin are hs who can defeat him, that's why he needs to improve and incorporate new techniques that allow him to attack his opponent more. What's the point of returning the opponent shots if you can't score a point? With special techniques, Yukimura could defeat the strongest HS. And Yukimura is the kind of guy that with improvement can become unbeteable.
    You actually love Perfect Return and Yips? I can understand liking Yuki, but actually wanting to see matches were people just end up KOed because of Yips is rather odd...

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You actually love Perfect Return and Yips? I can understand liking Yuki, but actually wanting to see matches were people just end up KOed because of Yips is rather odd...
    I personally enjoy seeing the characters bring out every technique they have. Its more fun when you see LOADS of techniques with in one match. And have the audience comment on the match. Its what I missed during the Black Jersey Revolution.
    So a bunch of techniques getting squashed one after the other is quite fun to watch. Fuwa, however was not cool. I was hoping Yuki would crush a technique of his but no. Yukimura's speed in Yipping ppl has likely doubled.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji vs. Niou. 5 counters defeated. It can't get any better than that.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Fuji vs. Niou. 5 counters defeated. It can't get any better than that.
    Well that was amazing. But Yukimura's matches are unbelievable.
    When Yukimura began to numb Ryoma's arms and caused him to hit a home run instead of a smash, it pushed its way up to perhaps the best matches of the series.
    Its probably mainly coz it was the final official match of PoT.
    But yeah, even if a match is one-sided, when they show each technique getting quelled, its still fun to watch.

Yukimura getting a new technique would be great. Hopefully something like... Yukimura Wall. Every shot struggles to go past his baseline and rebounds off the air back to Yukimura lol.

Anyways if Sanada makes Top 5 or Atobe somehow does, Im expecting Yukimura to be there. Im strongly hoping Kirihara is not in the Top 8 more though.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Well that was amazing. But Yukimura's matches are unbelievable.
    When Yukimura began to numb Ryoma's arms and caused him to hit a home run instead of a smash, it pushed its way up to perhaps the best matches of the series.
    Its probably mainly coz it was the final official match of PoT.
    But yeah, even if a match is one-sided, when they show each technique getting quelled, its still fun to watch.

Yukimura getting a new technique would be great. Hopefully something like... Yukimura Wall. Every shot struggles to go past his baseline and rebounds off the air back to Yukimura lol.

Anyways if Sanada makes Top 5 or Atobe somehow does, Im expecting Yukimura to be there. Im strongly hoping Kirihara is not in the Top 8 more though.
    For me, the best match of the pot series was Echizen vs Sanada, followed by Yukimura vs Echizen.

I believe that the top 5 will have Echizen, Sanada, Yukimura, Atobe and Fuji.

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast