Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 139

Thread: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    No matter who the top ten would be, I'm just wondering how all of them are gonna get an event amount of showtime. Seriously, that's my biggest concern. Will we ever see Zaizen strut his stuff? Will we ever see guys like Akutsu realize their potential? It's a bit much to deliver, so I wanna see how it's gonna be delivered.

  2. #32
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    No matter who the top ten would be, I'm just wondering how all of them are gonna get an event amount of showtime. Seriously, that's my biggest concern. Will we ever see Zaizen strut his stuff? Will we ever see guys like Akutsu realize their potential? It's a bit much to deliver, so I wanna see how it's gonna be delivered.
    Ive mentioned this doubt before and since Konomi is amazingly unpredictable like giving Niou & Atobe CONSTANT showtime and giving Sanada loads of screentime despite him not even being popular enough to ever reach the Top 10.
    Its likely it wont be delivered lol.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Ive mentioned this doubt before and since Konomi is amazingly unpredictable like giving Niou & Atobe CONSTANT showtime and giving Sanada loads of screentime despite him not even being popular enough to ever reach the Top 10.
    Its likely it wont be delivered lol.
    Kaidoh is also appearing more in Shin, Konomi is giving him more screentime, it's probable but not sure that he will play against a top ten high schooler and win. I think he is above Momo now.

  4. #34
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Kaidoh is also appearing more in Shin, Konomi is giving him more screentime, it's probable but not sure that he will play against a top ten high schooler and win. I think he is above Momo now.
    Kaidou got crushed by Tezuka and then he was running with Kaidou. That's all he's done in SPoT. He got more screentime than this by far in PoT.

    Unless Kaidou now has an amazing technique which can prevent Momo from using BJK, Kaidou gets bageled, if not KOed.

    I'll eat my shoe if Kaidou plays doubles against Kimijima/Tohno.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Kaidou got crushed by Tezuka and then he was running with Kaidou. That's all he's done in SPoT. He got more screentime than this by far in PoT.

    Unless Kaidou now has an amazing technique which can prevent Momo from using BJK, Kaidou gets bageled, if not KOed.

    I'll eat my shoe if Kaidou plays doubles against Kimijima/Tohno.
    I see Kaidou finding a way to return BJK, and using a new technique that tires out Momo. Kaidoh surpasses Momo greatly in stamina and perseverance. Momo won't return Gyro Laser, so it's 50/50, but I'm going with Kaidoh since I see him stronger than Momo now. And if Momo showed BJK, Kaidoh will show a more amazing technique.

    I don't think it's that bad that he plays against Kimijima/Tohno and win, people underestimate Kaidoh when he has a great hidden potential.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; February 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

  7. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I see Kaidou finding a way to return BJK, and using a new technique that tires out Momo. Kaidoh surpasses Momo greatly in stamina and perseverance. Momo won't return Gyro Laser, so it's 50/50, but I'm going with Kaidoh since I see him stronger than Momo now. And if Momo showed BJK, Kaidoh will show a more amazing technique.

    I don't think it's that bad that he plays against Kimijima/Tohno and win, people underestimate Kaidoh when he has a great hidden potential.
    No way. They have been depicted as equal forever.
    Momoshiro in power >> Kaidoh. And smashing ability. BJK will eventuall kiss goodbye to Kaidoh's wrists. No way is he currently above Momoshiro lol. Until Kaidoh brings something new, and I mean UNTIL that moment, Momoshiro > Kaidoh.

    I think its bad if Kaidoh plays against somebody from the Top 8.
    I can think of more 10 Msers who will kick Kaidoh's ass. So Top 8 is just too high.

  8. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    I know it's too high, but since players like Kawamura and Kabaji made it to No.13 and 12, and there are several stronger players than them, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaidoh making it to top 8.

    I knew you would say that Konomi depicted them as equal, much like Echizen and Kintarou (not now since Echizen could destroy Kintarou). But, even if they're rivals, one player must be stronger than another no matter what, they can't be in the same level forever.

  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I know it's too high, but since players like Kawamura and Kabaji made it to No.13 and 12, and there are several stronger players than them, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaidoh making it to top 8.
    Stronger like who? Unless you possibly mean Gin, then yeah, but otherwise, I'm not sure. There's a reason we only usually see power players go against other power players; it's because if they played 'normal' players they would send them flying at this point. I think those are pretty good rankings for Kawamura and Kabaji. Kaidoh could definitely make it to the top 8, though. After all, when he learned how to master the gyro spin shots, he was said to be more or less invincible because the ways he could fuck around with his opponent's game would be ridiculous. I imagine he's amazing at this point, after training.

  10. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Stronger like who? Unless you possibly mean Gin, then yeah, but otherwise, I'm not sure. There's a reason we only usually see power players go against other power players; it's because if they played 'normal' players they would send them flying at this point. I think those are pretty good rankings for Kawamura and Kabaji. Kaidoh could definitely make it to the top 8, though. After all, when he learned how to master the gyro spin shots, he was said to be more or less invincible because the ways he could fuck around with his opponent's game would be ridiculous. I imagine he's amazing at this point, after training.
    I'm saying stronger than Gin or Kawamura. And yeah, because he is more amazing now, Kaidoh could defeat a top 8.

  11. #40
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Stronger like who? Unless you possibly mean Gin, then yeah, but otherwise, I'm not sure. There's a reason we only usually see power players go against other power players; it's because if they played 'normal' players they would send them flying at this point. I think those are pretty good rankings for Kawamura and Kabaji.
    Kawamura should be No.12? We can name 15 players better than them though. Regardless of power, do you see Kawamura beating Fuji? Or Chitose?
    I dont see Gin beating Akutsu regardless of power.
    Kawamura and Kabaji are in the wrong positions. I dont see Kawamura/Gin sending Fuji, Akutsu, Atobe, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Sanada, Tooyama, Ryoma, Chitose or Tachibana flying. I see each of them soundly defeating Kawamura/Gin.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I knew you would say that Konomi depicted them as equal, much like Echizen and Kintarou (not now since Echizen could destroy Kintarou). But, even if they're rivals, one player must be stronger than another no matter what, they can't be in the same level forever.
    Kaidoh and Momoshiro no longer being equal? Inui mentioned both Kaidoh and Momo could become invincible. Remember when Momoshiro first used his ''Insight'' and ''Prediction'' skills? Inui was saying how if he learned to take control of this and realize it he could become amazing.
    Same with Kaidoh perfecting the stances for Snake(s) and Gyro Laser so that he used the same stance for all of them so the opponent wouldnt know what was happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Kaidoh could definitely make it to the top 8, though. After all, when he learned how to master the gyro spin shots, he was said to be more or less invincible because the ways he could fuck around with his opponent's game would be ridiculous. I imagine he's amazing at this point, after training.
    So honestly, I said before, until we see Kaidoh's improvement, he is not beating Momoshiro right now, and Yukimura, Sanada, Shiraishi, Atobe, Tooyama, Ryoma, Niou, and Fuji are better than him.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaidoh making it to top 8.
    Even with Kaidoh against Yagyuu, I see Curving Laser as a better shot than Gyro Laser. A light-speed snake is amazing.
    I dont see the Kaidoh we saw up til now beating Yagyuu. I see an even match considering Yagyuu's stance for Laser beam and Curving Laser are the same as he has perfected the stance and that Yagyuu.

    I also reckon Kite would defeat Kaidoh. He showed great power returning the shots that were returned to him with Double power. Only Tezuka Zone + Doubled Return raped him, while it took only Tezuka Zone to handle Kaidoh.
    All in all I believe Top 8 is way too high for Kaidoh. Also, I get the feeling Konomi likes promoting Kirihara as ''really strong'' and I have a bad feeling Kirihara may go Top 8.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; February 21, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    I see players like Tachibana or Chitose, Kite, Marui and others defeating Gin and Kawamura. And I see Kaidoh stronger than Kite, Momo could also defeat him now since he would be able to deal with Sukuchihou and Kite won't return BJK. Gyro Laser, as you don't know when he'll hit it, it confuses the opponent, so he is almost invincible. Kite won't win against Kaidoh right now, I'm pretty confident about it.

    And mark my words, Kaidoh will make it to top 8 regardless there are other players stronger than him.

  13. #42
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I see players like Tachibana or Chitose, Kite, Marui and others defeating Gin and Kawamura. And I see Kaidoh stronger than Kite, Momo could also defeat him now since he would be able to deal with Sukuchihou and Kite won't return BJK. Gyro Laser, as you don't know when he'll hit it, it confuses the opponent, so he is almost invincible. Kite won't win against Kaidoh right now, I'm pretty confident about it.

    And mark my words, Kaidoh will make it to top 8 regardless there are other players stronger than him.
    Yagyuu has the same ability with Curving Laser which is arguably better than Gyro Laser. Since you have no idea when the laser will curve. and a sharp Curve is more lethal than the Gyro snake.

    Except Kite can effortlessly teleport. So every now and then, eventually he would reach Gyro Laser. Kaidoh is being overrated here. Just coz he had his water stolen by Tanegashima?
    Im not comparing Kite to Momo right now, Its Kaidoh, and Tachibana and Chitose right now > Kaidoh.
    Just the way Kirihara was all over him in the Nationals prior to bringing out Gyro Laser makes me feel he aint Top 8 level.
    Top 8 meaning he will be in same category as King Hax Fuji? or Nature defier Yukimura? I just dont see that yet bro.
    Kaidoh's improvement needs to be AWESOME. Since I reckon the way Ochi and Mouri are, Tohno or Kimijima >> Kaidoh.

    Just the fact that Momoshiro NEEDED BJK to beat Taira and Hara. Kaidoh should need far more than Gyro Laser to defeat No.7 or 8. And there's a chance Kaidoh could go for a higher position too. So unless Kaidoh's improvement is enormous, then Top 8 wouldnt be right for Kaidoh.

    And Kaidoh making Top 8 when there are several above him would make the Top 8 not exactly the Top 8.
    Even this suspect Top 20 that sucked having several guys like Irie, Tokugawa and Oni not in the team that went abroad that allowed fodder replacements like Kaji. No.11-20 were all a joke besides Date and Ban.

    Its likely we will finish with a Top 8 that contains members that are weaker than several other players.

  14. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    That he is in the top 10 like Fuji or Yukimura doesn't mean he is in the same league.

    And I'm sure he has made an enormous improvement dude. You just have a different point of view, you see Kaidoh weaker, I see him stronger. We just have a different point of view about Kaidoh. Only Konomi will show how much he improved.

    No, because Tanegashima stoled his water bottle, that it's shitless, it's not important. He doesn't deserve more screentime because of that, and I never mentioned that by the way.

  15. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Kawamura should be No.12? We can name 15 players better than them though. Regardless of power, do you see Kawamura beating Fuji? Or Chitose?
    I dont see Gin beating Akutsu regardless of power.
    Kawamura and Kabaji are in the wrong positions. I dont see Kawamura/Gin sending Fuji, Akutsu, Atobe, Shiraishi, Yukimura, Sanada, Tooyama, Ryoma, Chitose or Tachibana flying. I see each of them soundly defeating Kawamura/Gin.
    Well, of course, those players, Tachibana-excluded are the 'top' players of the story, and you know this. Those guys are protected by plot. Realistically, they wouldn't be able to handle all the power that Takeshi and Gin could dish out.

    Quote Quote:
    All in all I believe Top 8 is way too high for Kaidoh. Also, I get the feeling Konomi likes promoting Kirihara as ''really strong'' and I have a bad feeling Kirihara may go Top 8.
    Kirihara's a baby. He should be a 11-20 member, if anything. He's just a guy who tries his best to beat the opponent up using a tennis ball. How many players do we have like that again? Besides, without his Satsui no Hado, Kirihara's food.

  16. #45
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Well, of course, those players, Tachibana-excluded are the 'top' players of the story, and you know this. Those guys are protected by plot. Realistically, they wouldn't be able to handle all the power that Takeshi and Gin could dish out.
    Tachibana-excluded? Why lol.
    As a matter of fact, I fancy Inui's chances against Kaidoh nevermind at the start of the series, I see a good match and perhaps Inui winning. Simply due to how Yanagi can crush Kirihara, Inui and Kaidoh is an exremely similar pair so I see a good chance of Inui > Kaidoh.
    Oh and also, not only Yagyuu > Kaidoh, but definetely Niou > Kaidoh. So we have a lot of players currently above Kaidoh. He seriously has to be handed some massive power-up by Konomi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Kirihara's a baby. He should be a 11-20 member, if anything. He's just a guy who tries his best to beat the opponent up using a tennis ball. How many players do we have like that again? Besides, without his Satsui no Hado, Kirihara's food.
    whats Satsui no hado?
    I also see Kaidoh as outside Top 10. He has never been protected by plot. In actual fact, Kirihara is more promoted by Konomi and for some reason appears in the current anime ending besides the awesome players.
    I dont see Kaidoh as promoted by Konomi as much. And even if he was now, I see him outside Top 8, since it seems as though Tokugawa will be up there for this. If the HSers also stay as 1st Stringers although I doubt they will, I dont see a place for Kaidoh in Top 8 since there are just too many players better than him that are protected by plot as you said.


    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    That he is in the top 10 like Fuji or Yukimura doesn't mean he is in the same league.

    And I'm sure he has made an enormous improvement dude. You just have a different point of view, you see Kaidoh weaker, I see him stronger. We just have a different point of view about Kaidoh. Only Konomi will show how much he improved.
    No not really. If your viewing Kaidoh from Part I, then I honestly cant see why you think he is so strong. Not much separates him from Yagyuu.
    Your yet to explain to me why you believe Kaidoh is so strong.
    Right now as we know, Kaidoh is strong, but there are several stronger than him. Around 10 definetes, and a debatable very few more.

    All im saying is until we see the power-ups, Top 8 wouldnt be right. Your only guessing he has made ''an enormous improvement''. Until we see it, that power-up doesnt exist. The moment I see the power-up will be the moment I accept how strong you claim he is.
    Kaidoh isnt like Fuji. Fuji is so hax, that we know he will get a high ranking spot. Kaidoh has never been that hax so we really wont know.

    Just as you say, we can wait for Konomi to show us. Until then, Nationals!Kaidoh isnt good enough for Top 8.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    No, because Tanegashima stoled his water bottle, that it's shitless, it's not important. He doesn't deserve more screentime because of that, and I never mentioned that by the way.
    Well, ive seen you state before you believe he may challenge No.2 due to this and I assure you, you have stated he may challenge Tanegashima due to this, aswell as this being Sanada's reason for possibly challenging Tanegashima. I could find it too if you dont believe but it'll probably take unnecessary time lol.

    ---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

    Dont get me wrong btw guys, I like Kaidoh and think he's awesome too. But im justing expecting Top 8 to be the current strongest 8.
    Since Top 8 I imagine will be the ones that play the most and the most important part of the team. So if Kaidoh was Top 8, can you tell me which of the plot protected Middle/High Schoolers would have to make space for him?
    Im honestly not character bashing.

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts