Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 139

Thread: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

  1. #121
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I usually consider super speed, strength, and crazy trajectory to be normal in sports manga. Something like Atobe Kingdom is what sets POT apart in terms of supernatural powers compared to other manga. I don't think I've ever seen another manga where people have x-ray vision while playing sports.
    But anything that is Super just isn't standard sports.

    Whistle, Captain Tsubasa series, Eyeshield21, Slam Dunk all examples of Sports series without the Supernatural craziness.

  2. #122
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,788
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But anything that is Super just isn't standard sports.

    Whistle, Captain Tsubasa series, Eyeshield21, Slam Dunk all examples of Sports series without the Supernatural craziness.
    Airgrimes, you don't think Taka virtually flying, Yamato's Ceasar's Charge, the son of the American President's incredible strength, the God speed Impulse, or Sena being faster than the fastest player in the NFL at the 40 yard dash aren't super powers? Sure, for the most part, ES21 didn't rely on supernatural stuff, but towards the end, some things did get a bit over the top.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #123
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Capt Tsubasa? Aigrames, Tsubasa made bycicle kicks as if they were a simple shot, and everyone good enough was able to score from the midfield.

    And the most important thing: Japan reaching the World Finals, beating Maradona's team

  5. #124
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    But Bicycle kicks are standard shots at the least.

    Although you're right Frosty, I don't know what I was thinking mentioning Eyeshield in there. Such an amazing manga that was.
    I don't even like American Football.

    Well there is still Whistle! and Slam Dunk which are big titles especially Slam Dunk that were normal but awesome.

    ---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Capt Tsubasa? Aigrames, Tsubasa made bycicle kicks as if they were a simple shot, and everyone good enough was able to score from the midfield.

    And the most important thing: Japan reaching the World Finals, beating Maradona's team
    Lol that made me laugh.
    Argentina > Japan in football each and every day haha.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #125
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,788
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But Bicycle kicks are standard shots at the least.

    Although you're right Frosty, I don't know what I was thinking mentioning Eyeshield in there. Such an amazing manga that was.
    I don't even like American Football.

    Well there is still Whistle! and Slam Dunk which are big titles especially Slam Dunk that were normal but awesome.

    ---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------


    Lol that made me laugh.
    Argentina > Japan in football each and every day haha.
    Japan actually beat France 1-0 in France this year somehow, but a lot of teams don't take friendlies that seriously all of the time.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #126
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    France has been sucking since 2008.

    Back to topic, don't you agree that Duke will lose his place in the 1st string somehow?

  10. #127
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    France has been sucking since 2008.

    Back to topic, don't you agree that Duke will lose his place in the 1st string somehow?
    I originally believed there would be an All-MS Top 20.
    So yeah, I think Duke along with the rest of them will be defeated and removed at some point.

    however seeing as Duke will definetely defeat Kenya, he may make it back onto the 1st String.

  11. #128
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Tsubasa basically has Muga permanently since he can use almost any move he sees just once. The move where they launch someone midair (the two twins) would just break your leg if it was real, even if someone is that strong to do it (to be fair, it eventually did happen, but it should've happened the first time they do it).

    Slam Dunk would be roughly equivalent of say all the legendary NBA players happened to go to the same 4 high schools that played each other. Improbable but is definitely possible.

    That said even the pretty crazy stuff don't feature a character with x-ray vision. There's a bunch of sites that makes fun of how crazy/stupid sports manga are and when they get to NPOT, they just show a picture of Atobe Kingdom and that pretty much explains itself. It's far beyond your generic super strength/speed/technique in sports manga.

    Back to the topic, I think Duke will keep his spot, but when they start playing someone from another nation he'll get match up against that nation's power player and get blown away and a random MS power player will replace him.

  12. #129
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Back to the topic, I think Duke will keep his spot, but when they start playing someone from another nation he'll get match up against that nation's power player and get blown away and a random MS power player will replace him.
    I honestly don't see him staying as a representative to the extent he leaves and plays another nation.
    Since they just came back from an Overseas Expedition, they must be at the Camp to stay for a while before the next tournament.

    Really want a Court Shuffle in the meantime so we can see some weaker guys. I never loved PoT coz of all the strong characters.
    I love Part I because it showed weaker players with really fascinating, unusual or notable playing styles.
    (Kamio, Kai, Kikumaru, Chinen, Hiyoshi, Amane etc.)

    I don't see Duke or Tohno representing the nation again. Ohmagari I won't rule out.
    Since Ohmagari has had more significance than former Rikkai man Mouri so far.

    Mouri who should have had history with Yuki, Sanada, Niou and all the other Rikkai regulars has yet to be seen talking with them off the court.

    My point is, if somebody like Mouri who should have so much relevance the MSers has been fodderized so easily I don't see a lot of these HSers having relevance in the storyline for long.
    I can only see Byoudouin, Tanegashima, Ryoga, Tokugawa, Oni and Irie sticking around.

  13. #130
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But anything that is Super just isn't standard sports.

    Whistle, Captain Tsubasa series, Eyeshield21, Slam Dunk all examples of Sports series without the Supernatural craziness.
    Whistle was a pretty normal sports manga. Slam Dunk was an excellent manga overall, and the most "superpowers" you'd ever see was that a lot of the characters were hoodlums who could fight really well. But hey, it was the 90's, delinquent characters were all the rage back then (there's a reason why Yu Yu Hakusho, Slam Dunk, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's main characters got so much love).

    Eyeshield 21 has crazy shit you can't do in real life, and so does Captain Tsubasa. Captain Tsubasa actually has a character on a Brazil team, Natureza, who can do a triple jump in mid-air, or something. And yeah, I remember the third game with Nankatsu vs. Meiwa in Captain Tsubasa J, and one of the most memorable scenes were the back-to-back-to-back bicycle kicks done by Hyuga, Misaki (??? Idk, his name was 'Carlos' in the version I watched) and Tsubasa.

  14. #131
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    I think Duke will keep his spot but get knocked out in an exhibition match and then his replacement would magically happen to be in whatever country they were playing in to replace him.

    ---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Eyeshield 21 has crazy shit you can't do in real life, and so does Captain Tsubasa. Captain Tsubasa actually has a character on a Brazil team, Natureza, who can do a triple jump in mid-air, or something. And yeah, I remember the third game with Nankatsu vs. Meiwa in Captain Tsubasa J, and one of the most memorable scenes were the back-to-back-to-back bicycle kicks done by Hyuga, Misaki (??? Idk, his name was 'Carlos' in the version I watched) and Tsubasa.
    I think Captain Tsubasa got to a point where a double/triple/infinite jump in air isn't even anything worth noting about. It's like everyone can just arbitarily jump as many time as they want in air and change direction in midair if needed too.

    I'm surprised there isn't a Captain Tsubasa special when Japan beat Spain 1-0 in the Olympics.

    What I don't get is why doesn't the other team just break Tsubasa's legs. Seriously, they tried a lot of dirty stuff to stop him so why not just go all the way like Shaolin Soccer? According to Captain Tsubasa logic you'd probably only get a yellow card for breaking someone's leg as long as you broke it early enough in the match.

  15. #132
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think Captain Tsubasa got to a point where a double/triple/infinite jump in air isn't even anything worth noting about. It's like everyone can just arbitarily jump as many time as they want in air and change direction in midair if needed too.
    THIS. THIS eventually got to me when watching the series.

    ---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I think Duke will keep his spot but get knocked out in an exhibition match and then his replacement would magically happen to be in whatever country they were playing in to replace him.
    But why?
    He has had no off-court real conversation with an MSer. His value to the storyline is almost zero if you see what I'm getting at.
    Since he seems to be just power at the moment, there should be a number of MSers who can beat him.
    Since Power is never everything.
    In fact, there are likely more than just 2 HSers better Duke.

    He's going to go. Konomi has been poor with character development when it comes to HSers, which can be excused since the vast majority of them have been fodderized.
    So I see Duke getting fodderized.

  16. #133
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Duke is higher position than Oni, though. Duke will get fodderized when Oni is. I reckons the top 5 wil stay in the story, as well as Tokugawa and Irie. Those guys will most likely stays as a part of top 20 U-17 players for a long while to come.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  17. #134
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

    But why?
    He has had no off-court real conversation with an MSer. His value to the storyline is almost zero if you see what I'm getting at.
    Since he seems to be just power at the moment, there should be a number of MSers who can beat him.
    Since Power is never everything.
    In fact, there are likely more than just 2 HSers better Duke.

    He's going to go. Konomi has been poor with character development when it comes to HSers, which can be excused since the vast majority of them have been fodderized.
    So I see Duke getting fodderized.
    I'm assuming at some point they'll play another nation and their power player will totally own the Japanese power player. Duke, due to his relative lack of importance, serves well as the fodder role since no one will miss him. I can see Duke got knocked out by a Grand Slam and the coach will be like: "Don't worry I got Gin/Kawamura/whatever here just in case something like that happens, even though he's not even on the team roster!"

  18. #135
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I can see Duke got knocked out by a Grand Slam and the coach will be like: "Don't worry I got Gin/Kawamura/whatever here just in case something like that happens, even though he's not even on the team roster!"
    The highest Power-Play technique is 108th Hadoukyuu.
    Duke shat on it. He ate it, then spat it out into a pit of dead fish.
    I could go on.
    If When Duke get's replaced, I think it would be before an international. Since they just came from one.
    I doubt this G10 Challenge is the last one.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts