Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 139

Thread: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    my predication of the matches look something like this

    doubles 3
    #9 ochi/#10 mouri vs niou/atobe = niou/atobe win

    doubles 2
    #8 tohno/#7kimijima vs marui/kite = tohno/kimiijima win (to me it's hinted slightly that tohno and kimijima might be doubles partners. i REALLY hope kimijima isn't a data player and we are thrown for a loop that he's a tech player or MAYBE even a power player! would be perfect to give the high schooler's their first win since no one cares all that much for marui or kite i think. and it's hinted marui and kite could team up so seems to fit. and with tohno wanting to deal it with blood he's gonna mess up the man known as killer "kite" and the volley specialist marui.

    doubles 1
    #6 oomagari/#5 oni vs akutsu/kintaro = akutsu/kirihara win (obviously it's hinted akutsu will play oni, but now he has problems with oomagari too so it seems fitting. i'm throwing kintaro in the mix since he didn't show everything he had against the fodder high school player and i believe should be in the top 10 anyway. time to show a new technique/power up from the mountain training.

    singles 4
    #4 ryoga vs yukimura = ryoga win(for some reason i dont think echizen will play, it's WAY too cliche and it's been done, i think it's more interesting this way, with yukimura getting his first loss of the series. ironically to an echizen. i dont know seems fitting to me. yips broken by ryogas version of TnK.

    singles 3
    #3 duke vs fuji = fuji win (FINALLY fuji's first full match and appearance we've been waiting for. fuji will be much stronger from his loss against tezuka and i think will have a new amazing counter. the match will be even at first but then fuji will destroy duke with the new counter and improved play style. i also hope duke isn't a typical power player and every one things he should be just by his size, i hope he's a tech player also/all rounder or maybe even a data player! now that would be something if he was.

    singles 2
    #2 tanegashima vs sanada = match ends in a draw/no game. (seems it's hinted it would be either kaidoh or sanada to play tanegashima and i'm going with sanada since he's way stronger and should be in the top 10. also to finally see black aura in action. but just to keep us in suspense and since tanegashima should be really strong i think whey will both be exhausted from the battle and not be able to continue.

    singles 1
    #1 byoudouin vs tokugawa = TWIST- (byoudouin and tokugawa is neck and neck at first but then by byoudouin beats tokugawa down in the end. tokugawa is still not on byoudouins level and has not surpassed him. since the shuffle is a tie so far, and because byoudouin is so cocky he'll gift the middle schoolers by playing a second match and ryoma is choosen for the tie breaker "of course because he's the main character" an epic match starts. byoudouin is beating echizen down until ryoma unlocks an improved controlled version of TnK and eventually wins the match. and then the top ten looks like this

    #1 ryoma
    #2 sanada
    #3 fuji
    #4 yukimura
    #5 akustu
    #6 kintaro
    #7 kite
    #8 marui
    #9 atobe
    #10 niou
    Last edited by Kaoz; February 08, 2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: added prefix

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    singles 3
    #3 duke vs fuji = fuji win (FINALLY fuji's first full match and appearance we've been waiting for. fuji will be much stronger from his loss against tezuka and i think will have a new amazing counter. the match will be even at first but then fuji will destroy duke with the new counter and improved play style. i also hope duke isn't a typical power player and every one things he should be just by his size, i hope he's a tech player also/all rounder or maybe even a data player! now that would be something if he was.
    I don't think there's much you can do with power players. When it comes to them, it's pretty much a martial arts battle; it all boils down to "I can send the other guy flying higher than he can send me with this technique!"

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I don't think there's much you can do with power players. When it comes to them, it's pretty much a martial arts battle; it all boils down to "I can send the other guy flying higher than he can send me with this technique!"
    thats why i'm praying duke is NOT a power player. it's so cliche and it's been done. come on konomi keep us guessing -_- thats why i said i hope duke is a tech player or data player. at any rate, even if duke is a typical power player, Fuji will STILL win because he's awesome and the plot calls for him to win anyway with a new technique.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    thats why i'm praying duke is NOT a power player. it's so cliche and it's been done. come on konomi keep us guessing -_- thats why i said i hope duke is a tech player or data player. at any rate, even if duke is a typical power player, Fuji will STILL win because he's awesome and the plot calls for him to win anyway with a new technique.
    Fuji's new Counters allow him to summon legendary Japanese creatures to the court and takes the win. His Shou-ou Gaeshi summons a phoenix to the court from the sky to deliver the ball to the opponent's court. Duke won't stand a chance.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    I prefer these matches as I predicted in other chapter discussion thread:

    Niou/Atobe vs Ochi/Mouri: Niou/Atobe win with Niou becoming Atobe and confusing the opponent or becoming Yukimura and destroy them.

    Tohno/Kimijima vs Shiraishi/Kirihara: Tohno/Kimijima win

    Fuji vs Ohmagari: Fuji wins. He needs his moment and to completely show a variety of new techniques.

    Oni vs Akutsu: Not sure here, but I prefer that Akutsu wins.

    Ryoma vs Ryoga or Irie vs Ryoga: As I think Ryoga will defeat Irie, I prefer a brother match with Ryoma completely evolving and taking the match in the end.

    Duke vs Yukimura: Yukimura wins, if Duke's a power player, then Yukimura will crush him.

    Sanada vs Tanegashima: Altough Tanegashima is a beast and all, Sanada needs a victory since his humiliating defeat against Yukimura. BA, I wonder how strong it'll be.

    Tokugawa vs Byodouin: Tokugawa, completely. He needs his revenge.

    That's all, I think Konomi won't change it much.
    The final list should be like this:

    No.10 Niou
    No.9 Atobe
    No.8 Tohno
    No.7 Kimijima
    No.6 Fuji
    No.5 Oni
    No.4 Echizen
    No.3 Yukimura
    No.2 Sanada
    No.1 Tokugawa
    Last edited by LetalHawk; February 08, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    I really want to see what Konomi can think of for new Fuji counters. I have so far come up with 4 counters myself and you know how difficult that is? You have to consider the physics, the logic, etc. I want to see if Konomi can top what I have done. This link is to my ideas if you want to see (warning, lots of physics explanations)
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...r-Fuji-counter
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  8. #7
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Kaoz and I believe in this for the line up for the challengers:

    No. 1 Kazuya
    No. 2 Yukimura
    No. 3 Irie
    No. 4 Kintarou
    No. 5 Akutsu
    No. 6 Echizen
    No. 7 Sanada
    No. 8 Fuji
    No. 9 Atobe
    No. 10 Niou

    We see the top 10 as looking like this at the end of the shuffle matches:

    No. 1 Kazuya
    No. 2 Shuuji
    No. 3 Irie
    No. 4 Ryoga
    No. 5 Oni
    No. 6 Echizen
    No. 7 Sanada
    No. 8 Fuji
    No. 9 Atobe
    No. 10 Niou

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Kaoz and I believe in this for the line up for the challengers:

    No. 1 Kazuya
    No. 2 Yukimura
    No. 3 Irie
    No. 4 Kintarou
    No. 5 Akutsu
    No. 6 Echizen
    No. 7 Sanada
    No. 8 Fuji
    No. 9 Atobe
    No. 10 Niou

    We see the top 10 as looking like this at the end of the shuffle matches:

    No. 1 Kazuya
    No. 2 Shuuji
    No. 3 Irie
    No. 4 Ryoga
    No. 5 Oni
    No. 6 Echizen
    No. 7 Sanada
    No. 8 Fuji
    No. 9 Atobe
    No. 10 Niou
    Why Kintarou? And why Sanada not No.2?

    I think it's a good list except Kintarou facing Ryoga and Yukimura facing Shuuji, they'll get crushed, and I want to see Sanada taking Shuuji's spot. Sanada is right now stronger than Kimijima, Ohmagari, and even Oni, and I'm pretty sure about it.

  10. #9
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Why Kintarou? And why Sanada not No.2?

    I think it's a good list except Kintarou facing Ryoga and Yukimura facing Shuuji, they'll get crushed, and I want to see Sanada taking Shuuji's spot. Sanada is right now stronger than Kimijima, Ohmagari, and even Oni, and I'm pretty sure about it.
    Shuuji's gotten a lot of development so far, so there's no point in just eliminating him.

    Oni > Sanada as Oni has 10 balls at once and Sanada doesn't, so that's no contest at the moment. Sanada needs to gain 10 balls at once and probably some other stuff before he can beat Oni. Sanada/Fuji works as a doubles team, but that doesn't mean that I'm saying that Sanada's weak. It's just that other players need to play singles more than he does.

    Kintarou and Yukimura are just players that can be beaten down to show the strengths of Ryoga and Shuuji, respectively.

    Look, eventually Echizen and Sanada will stand at the top of the U-17 Japanese Team, but for the moment they don't need to. You act as if they have to suddenly beat past everyone. Echizen > Sanada at the moment, so I don't see why you're not complaining about me putting Echizen as No. 6. Why do you want Sanada as No. 2 anyway?

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Because I just see Sanada too strong to be No.7, while his Black Aura could own almost everybody else.

    Also, there is no proof that Sanada can't hit 10, he can hit 5 but in the time that Echizen and Kintarou could hit also 5, we don't know how many he can hit right now.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; February 08, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

  12. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    my predication of the matches look something like this

    doubles 3
    #9 ochi/#10 mouri vs niou/atobe = niou/atobe win
    doubles 2
    #8 tohno/#7kimijima vs marui/kite = tohno/kimiijima win (to me it's hinted slightly that tohno and kimijima might be doubles partners. i REALLY hope kimijima isn't a data player and we are thrown for a loop that he's a tech player or MAYBE even a power player! would be perfect to give the high schooler's their first win since no one cares all that much for marui or kite i think. and it's hinted marui and kite could team up so seems to fit. and with tohno wanting to deal it with blood he's gonna mess up the man known as killer "kite" and the volley specialist marui.

    doubles 1
    #6 oomagari/#5 oni vs akutsu/kintaro = akutsu/kirihara win (obviously it's hinted akutsu will play oni, but now he has problems with oomagari too so it seems fitting. i'm throwing kintaro in the mix since he didn't show everything he had against the fodder high school player and i believe should be in the top 10 anyway. time to show a new technique/power up from the mountain training.

    singles 4
    #4 ryoga vs yukimura = ryoga win(for some reason i dont think echizen will play, it's WAY too cliche and it's been done, i think it'Ds more interesting this way, with yukimura getting his first loss of the series. ironically to an echizen. i dont know seems fitting to me. yips broken by ryogas version of TnK.

    singles 3
    #3 duke vs fuji = fuji win (FINALLY fuji's first full match and appearance we've been waiting for. fuji will be much stronger from his loss against tezuka and i think will have a new amazing counter. the match will be even at first but then fuji will destroy duke with the new counter and improved play style. i also hope duke isn't a typical power player and every one things he should be just by his size, i hope he's a tech player also/all rounder or maybe even a data player! now that would be something if he was.

    singles 2
    #2 tanegashima vs sanada = match ends in a draw/no game. (seems it's hinted it would be either kaidoh or sanada to play tanegashima and i'm going with sanada since he's way stronger and should be in the top 10. also to finally see black aura in action. but just to keep us in suspense and since tanegashima should be really strong i think whey will both be exhausted from the battle and not be able to continue.

    singles 1
    #1 byoudouin vs tokugawa = TWIST- (byoudouin and tokugawa is neck and neck at first but then by byoudouin beats tokugawa down in the end. tokugawa is still not on byoudouins level and has not surpassed him. since the shuffle is a tie so far, and because byoudouin is so cocky he'll gift the middle schoolers by playing a second match and ryoma is choosen for the tie breaker "of course because he's the main character" an epic match starts. byoudouin is beating echizen down until ryoma unlocks an improved controlled version of TnK and eventually wins the match. and then the top ten looks like this

    #1 ryoma
    #2 sanada
    #3 fuji
    #4 yukimura
    #5 akustu
    #6 kintaro
    #7 kite
    #8 marui
    #9 atobe
    #10 niou
    This is the exact thing that I posted in the chapter 69 - 70 prediction and discussion thread...

    ---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

    #1 byoduin vs kazuya --> Kazuya but Ryoma will revenge and take the number 1 Spot
    #2 Shuuji vs Sanada --> Sanada win (he can now control the BA)
    #3 Duke vs Fuji --> Fuji win (if Duke is a power player then Fuji will find a way to counter it)
    #4 Ryoga vs Shiraishi or Yukimura --> Ryoga will lose
    #5/6 Oni/Oomagari vs Akutsu/Kirihara --> Akutsu/Kirihara will win
    #7/8 Tohno/Kimijima vs Kite/Marui --> Tohno/Kimijma will win (but the I think Shiraishi/Kintaro will battle them and take the spot)
    #9/10 Ochi/Muuri vs Atobe/Niou --> Atobe/Niou will win (Niou will transform to Atobe and perform Double Atobe Kingdom then finish the game with Tango to destruction Lol)

    Haha! That's my prediction though.. Sorry about the comment a while ago its not the exact post but almost the same post from the previous threads...

  13. #12
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Because I just see Sanada too strong to be No.7, while his Black Aura could own almost everybody else.

    Also, there is no proof that Sanada can't hit 10, he can hit 5 but in the time that Echizen and Kintarou could hit also 5, we don't know how many he can hit right now.
    Okay, look. Until you see Sanada hit 10 at once, he can't hit 10 at once. You can't just assume that someone can do more than is shown. Echizen can currently hit 10 at once and Sanada can hit 5 at once; therefore, according to the explanation of the Mountain Coach, Echizen > Sanada. BA is probably pretty good, but you're overrating it. The Mountain Coach made it clear that it really didn't matter what you had if you couldn't match Kazuya and Oni in terms of X at once feats.

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Okay, look. Until you see Sanada hit 10 at once, he can't hit 10 at once. You can't just assume that someone can do more than is shown. Echizen can currently hit 10 at once and Sanada can hit 5 at once; therefore, according to the explanation of the Mountain Coach, Echizen > Sanada. BA is probably pretty good, but you're overrating it. The Mountain Coach made it clear that it really didn't matter what you had if you couldn't match Kazuya and Oni in terms of X at once feats.
    Fair enough. But we can assume that eventually Sanada will get into the top 3.

    Also, people are saying that Ryoga will lose against Yukimura, really? are you guys serious? what the hell, Ryoga would win easily with 6-2 or 6-3, Yukimura would give a good match but Ryoga would play seriously after joking and defeat him.

    And now I changed my mind, Ryoma should be in a higher spot than Ryoga since he's probably stronger, most likely that Byodouin defeats Tokugawa and wishes a second match and Ryoma beats him or I prefer that Tokugawa beats him and becomes No.1 for some time, then Ryoma asks for a rematch and defeats him, proving that he is the best U-17 Japan Player, even stronger than the likes of Byodouin. Everybody would aim at Echizen and request matches to defeat him, but Echizen won't lose his No.1 spot when he gets it, he is the strongest.

  15. #14
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Fair enough. But we can assume that eventually Sanada will get into the top 3.
    Most likely he'll end up there, but until he gets his match and whatever power up he gains, assuming that he plays before Echizen, he's below Echizen.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Also, people are saying that Ryoga will lose against Yukimura, really? are you guys serious? what the hell, Ryoga would win easily with 6-2 or 6-3, Yukimura would give a good match but Ryoga would play seriously after joking and defeat him.
    I don't know what those people are smoking. There's no way that Yuki stands any chance against Byoudouin, Kazuya, Shuuji, or Ryoga. Oni and Irie should also be above Yuki, but we don't know what they're really capable of, exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    And now I changed my mind, Ryoma should be in a higher spot than Ryoga since he's probably stronger, most likely that Byodouin defeats Tokugawa and wishes a second match and Ryoma beats him or I prefer that Tokugawa beats him and becomes No.1 for some time, then Ryoma asks for a rematch and defeats him, proving that he is the best U-17 Japan Player, even stronger than the likes of Byodouin. Everybody would aim at Echizen and request matches to defeat him, but Echizen won't lose his No.1 spot when he gets it, he is the strongest.
    Eventually, yes, I expect Echizen to take Kazuya's No. 1 ranking away from him, but not for a good long while. Or, perhaps Kazuya gets incapacitated and Echizen plays as No. 1. While I do expect the top 5 to start out as HSers, I expect that a lot of times, they won't play or some other bs, which allows more fan favorite MSers to have singles matches. By the end, MSers will occupy most of the top 10 and all of the top spots, but not yet. :P

    Currently, Echizen isn't better than Kazuya, Shuuji, Ryoga, or Oni. I see Echizen as slightly better than Irie right now, but who knows for sure. Assuming that the top 5 line up as Kazuya, Shuuji, Irie, Ryoga, and Oni, the only singles spot left is No. 6, which is why I have Echizen as No. 6.

  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: battle vs the top ten high schoolers match order/outcome prediction

    Yukimura is personally stronger than Oni and Irie, he could rape them. On the other hand, he is below Kazuya, Shuuji, and Byodouin.

    If he trained in the Mountains, he would defeat them for sure, as Yukimura could hit 10 balls if he trained enough.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts