Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    There is just one thing that is not clear to me from this chapter: what the hell is Miria aiming at the very end? Shouldn't she attack Histy? Why is she directed somewhere else? Does she want to reach the very centre of the battle between Cassy and Roxy?
    It was purposely not stated what Miria was aiming at but in all likelihood Miria is doing soming that she knows that Hysteria will persue in her hubious with the end game of being close enough to the other two ZAOs that Hysteria will get injured badly. The question is will Roxanne run out of Missles before thay happens and if not was that just a red harring.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    More Deneve haters I see. How unfortunate.
    I dont hate Deneve, I just want her to stop being Yagi's sole mouth piece... every now and then is fine but constantly over 20 chapters is just overkill.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    Anastasia's hair makes sense when you think that Riful had a similar power... but she's putting up hair stands between mountains so far away that they might as well take a good few hours hike to get to. On top of that they're really high up.

I would have liked it better if how she was using it now was more realistic, had limited use until she tired, and took other a long time to use as we as she does but to compinsate could hinder enemy movement or at least when used in mass slow down an AB leaving them open for a moment. Maybe if tbey could grab allies out of harms way too... but as stated due to her rank she couldnt use them indefiniatly without approaching her limit (what ever happened to that plot line any how, you'd think at least one of the none partially awakend would have come close to crossing it by now after all these fights and injuries... more partially awakened would make it feel like the fab 4 where less plot shielded and better yet would add tension to the plot if an MiB witnessed it... my vote would be for Yuma since she is weaker than Cynthia and likely would get strainded healing so many in such a short time period though Anastasia would make a good second choice due to how many hair strands have seeded the battle field).
    riful using her hair as a weapon made perfect sense to me, given the way her awakened body was formed...

but you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with anastasia's ability - it has no limit and is too convenient...i read a fake spoiler (might've been for this past chapter or the one before it) that said anastasia was starting to go bald...kinda funny to think about, but i could at least stop and say "ok, that makes sense..."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thekickinside's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone notice Roxanne doesn't seem very good at regeneration? She never heals that bite out of her head, wheras any other AO seems to have instant regen properties. Not to mention alot of people assume Rox was a defensive type. Cassandra seems to have out of this world regeneration abilities.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Knightwalker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When i read one of the translations earlier it pointed out that when Miria called out Hysteria by her name that it was the first time she heard it. I'm too lazy to go and check previous chapters, but if that's true it would have been a great plot point after she heard it to all of a sudden have a flashback of how she died.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thekickinside View Post
    Anyone notice Roxanne doesn't seem very good at regeneration? She never heals that bite out of her head, wheras any other AO seems to have instant regen properties. Not to mention alot of people assume Rox was a defensive type. Cassandra seems to have out of this world regeneration abilities.
    I thought she healed the first hit (off panel) only to be hit there again...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    all of a sudden have a flashback of how she died.
    A flashback of Hysteria's death would be quite interesting. It might even be more interesting than this slow ongoing battle between Miria and Hysteria. But i don't think that we will get a flashback of her now that she is awakened.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm maybe, it just looks to me like she has a contant bite out of her head through the whole chapter, but then again maybe I'm overestimating the length of time that the chapter represents, the whole thing was probably only a minute or so in real time :P

Also agreeing on the Hysteria hearing her name point, doubt we'll ever get any additional backstory on her, it just seems like such a needlessly wasted opportunity.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Knightwalker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yup, I agree it was a wasted opportunity, would have been great to see a flashback of how she massacred every single warrior sent after her.

I seriously hope by the next chapter that the barrage of spears that Roxy shoot out ends up taking out Hysteria, compared to the size of the other 2 ZAO's, it'll be hard to dodge all those shots especially if they're massive in size. If not maybe Roxanne will take out a huge fly swatter and smash it against Hysteria

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think enough thought was put into the awaken forms of Cassandra, Roxxane and Hysteria. Riful, Isley and Luciella all had very distinct awaken forms that were well thought out and designed, where as these three new no.1 could just be like a regular AB in their awakened form. It just do not cry out 'AO' to me.

It would have been a much better story had Isley and Riful are both still alive and the ghost are forced to interact with them or fight them. They are far more interesting characters that seems to be wasted when so much effort was made early on to build their mythos, in both personality and design.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Weee, Fenrir is here! And with his original avatar as well!

You are probably feeling that lack of "omnipotence" Sagara, which is what I went through not that long ago (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=309), (http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=312) an Abyssal is no longer this almost non-existent mythological-like thing, but just another scale in the power-chart....it's no longer something to be feared/revered. Doesn't help that these new ZAOs almost spit on the legacy the originals left behind....they have potential, but so far, we just have one warrior who keeps saying 'shit', another who just loves to mess with her, and a third who can't seem to decide to take a fight seriously or not.

As for the scanlation....meh, so far, not feeling much that's different from the translations - I can get why people feel annoyed with Deneve, as ever, and the tone of this chapter...it definitely increased the conventional-feeling in every way, from all the warriors putting themselves together, to Hysteria blatently ignoring the Ghosts as well as her back-and-forth nature...

I mean, Deneve finally had her moment and preached to Miria that people dying has to be expected, but the proclaims here that nobody can afford to die...I completely get why some people find that hilarious. Alot of these things may be considered subjective and we are just poking for the sake of it, but, in a sense, that's the price that's paid with the ambiguity....If Yagi wanted to at least veer people in a certain direction and not let too many people perceive some things a certain way (like Deneve acting contradictory with these texsts), he could have changed things a little to limit that.

And you can call it minor or not, but I seriously hope Yagi makes up his mind whether to keep Miria's X-scar or not, and hope that he remembers he needs to explain why, and not just, say, keep it because it looks cool.

--

Personally though, I'm happy to say that, reading the scanlation....I don't think Hysteria will get in the way of the ZAOs - the way she brought them up feels like a sense of fear, or concern to me....I honestly, or at least hopefully, feel like she's just messing with Miria and Miria is gravelly underestimating her.

Unfortunately though, I also got a sense of annoyance in why Hysteria can't land a killing blow...I'm sick of seeing shoulders and other parts sliced - when she was introduced, she went THROUGH Miria...I want to see that lethality again.

I mean really....enough is enough; I loved Hysteria for that sense of dread she gave before, and it came back briefly when she threatened Anastasia...I want to see that again -- I'm tired of seeing a technique vs technique battle between Hysteria vs Miria, which is all their fight as Claymores were before, and seems like that's all it is now as well...

I mean, I knew playing around was the only reason Roxanne was fighting Cassandra in the first place and Cassie was just responding accordingly (though you could theorize that Roxanne is keeping her in check because, perhaps due to her mental state, she'd go berserk without somebody to fight)....Hysteria feels like she just keeps making the same mistake over and over again -- her death at Miria's hands should have been enough to make her want to kill her, instead she's seemingly getting overconfident again (or so we here), and...

Just, enough....enough with the back-and-forth - I swear; I don't want any of the ZAOs to die anytime soon...but if Hysteria dies in this matter, it will be like spitting on the original Big Three twice-over...

If nothing else, it does feel like things cannot be dragged on any further, so, whatever happens next chapter, something has got to give...the question is, what?

Well, we can theorize on that, but I'm feel relived that this isn't being dragged on any farther, thank god.
    Last edited by Shiek927; March 05, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioning ambiguity, one thing I think the original Abyssals had in their favour was just that. They weren't overexposed; they appeared only periodically and unexpectedly, and each time revealed only a little bit more about their personalities and powers than we'd previously seen. They popped up, did some major damage, and were gone in a flash, but there was always this sense that you knew they were lurking somewhere out there even in arcs where they weren't even mentioned. With the ZAOs, we've just had a massive block of chapters of getting every piece of info about them, backstories, powers, personalities, extended fight scenes, and it's becoming laborious. They don't have that menance about them, where you don't know what they're gonna do or are capable of. We're desensitised.
    However I agree that their designs are somewhat inferior to the originals too, they're more try-too-hard, attempting to be more complex and strange where the originals were more focused and streamlined, but equally powerful and more cohesive abilities.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly....The original Abyssals had a feeling of legendary....at the time, it was a rare thing to even know they existed; it was like they were dragons or something....some fearful, yet awesome, at the same time.....unfortunately, progression all but destroyed that -- the clear-cut lines disappeared as stronger and stronger beings overtime showed up, humans could kill yoma, and people can become stronger if they'd just believe in themselves. Now, as I say, instead of being this awe-inspiring thing....it's just another spot in the power-chart - the way Deneve casually said their were 3 AO-level beings, made me feel as much.

And Priscilla? It's only a matter of time before she's dwarfed as well.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Where rank #1 Claymores and ABs started out as feeling like these mythical, transient beings that you'd hope to catch a glympse of, now we've actually seen more of them then any other rank of Claymore/AB and they've just become the norm.

One thing I'll say about Hysteria, I've come to feel like she's fascinated by Miria. She probably doesn't even realise it herself, but in terms of speed she's never even come close to being challenged by anyone in all her time. It kind of reminds me of when Rigardo was ecastatic that Clare was putting up such a fight, he said he'd been so bored of not having a solid challenge since his fight with Isley. She's loving this fight with Miria, even if she doesn't understand it herself, it's probably really stimulating her, she's so curious at what Miria can do and subconciously doesn't want to end it straight off. She might never get this sensation again. At least that's what I got out of it, could be completely wrong, but some of her comments point to that, though it's totally not an excuse for some of the poor performances she's been putting up.

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyIX View Post
    (...) I think they're going to use Anastassia's hair to allow Miria to move with at a speed that's similar to Clare's awakened legs. I can see them launching Miria up to another strand of hair that the other ghosts are pouring their yoki into so that when Miria hits it, she'd gain that force/traction and would then bounce back down at a speed high enough to possibly deal a fatal blow on Hysteria.(...)
    It's an interesting idea but I don't think so and the reason is simple - according to Hysteria this was the last foothold Miria was standing on so there shouldn't be any left besides the ones that Claymores pulled together. Not to mention that Miria hitting a thread at a humongous speed (without hair being enhanced by youki) would surely break, assuming of course she would hit it perfectly which I doubt. Even if she would hit perfectly and the thread would last she should be sliced in half by it unless she would do a summersault and landed on her feet (so metal boots not her body which can be easily cut would hit it).

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I'll be honest, I think the high point of this arc is truly Roxanne vs Cassandra. (...)
    It would be great if that was the case but sadly I doubt it. From what I see Hysteria vs. Miria is the high point. Cassie vs. Roxy fight is just a "you slap me, I slap you back" type of fight where no one has the advantage and where the outcome is completely uncertain. As Dark Knight pointed out everyone is happy here, Cassandra and Roxanne are both smiling and there's no progress.

Quote Originally Posted by The Based View Post
    Wait, why shouldn't Hysteria be able to dodge most of a volley of attacks that aren't even aimed at her? Her size which has played out to be an unfair weakness should be an advantage in this case. (...)
    Good point. I've used the same argument to show that Galatea had it much easier than Duff who couldn't even turn around easily in Witch's Maw arc. I hope that Yagi will take it into account. I also hope that Hysteria isn't as weak as Miria/Deneve thinks she is. After all, what AO would she be if she could be pwned easily by other abyssal's attack? I would think that it would take a huge, huge effort to do that (look at Riful or Isley, they had to receive tons of damage to die and I'm of the opinion that Riful would have a pretty good chance against Alicia if no one interfered). Anyway, if Hysteria should die that way, Miria should die too and in a more gruesome way since she's not wearing any armour.

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Gonna have to agree on Roxy's attacks. It seems too have a wide range od destruction but it's just 'standard' wide range destruction. when aiming at something as big as Cassandra after firing off five or six arms full of those things she managed to land only a single shot on Cassandra's actual body which didn't do a thing and cut a few of those heads that constantly grow back anyway.
    They constantly grow back but at the cost of youki. So the question is, what costs more youki, regenerating heads or spikes? And from the moment Roxanne awakened, Cassandra didn't inflict much damage on her and it looked to me that Roxanne was the one with upper hand. But as I said, the fight can go either way. Personally I like Roxanne's attack which is like carpet bombing. I doubt it's all she has though, otherwise they really shouldn't be called AOs. Riful had her unique body, hard to destroy and could attack many targets at once, Isley could change his body freely and even create homing arrows and Luciella had mouths all over her body so she was basically like Cassandra is only probably smaller (and possibly weaker). I seriously hope that Roxanne's confidence doesn't come from her being arrogant because that would be a breaking point for me and Bleach level all the way (funny thing is, recently I'm more enjoying Bleach chapters than Claymore's which doesn't bode well for Yagi).

Quote Originally Posted by SutterCain View Post
    (...) *i just don't get how any warrior can 'insert' their youki into anastasia's hair...i thought anastasia's ability was a little ridiculous before this, but...really? i keep an open mind when reading this manga, but i just can't get past this (...)
    I agree that Anastasia's ability was far-fetched and now it's just WAY too far-fetched. This is a hax ability to be honest and one could ask why others don't have it? If youki could be transferred to a dead object (and hair are dead, at least once they are out of the body) then it's not far from inserting youki to a sword (so imagine super powerful QS or Yuma throwing a Claymore at 10 x the power). And even if it would have to be an organic matter, Duff could have more powerful "arrows" than Isley if Riful would enhance it. Or Isley could have super powerful arrows if he could use Priscilla. Heck, Destoyer could suck Priscilla's youki and use it against her... There are endless possibilites and each one more ridiculous than the previous.

On Roxanne and Deneve I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SutterCain View Post
    (...) i read a fake spoiler (might've been for this past chapter or the one before it) that said anastasia was starting to go bald...kinda funny to think about, but i could at least stop and say "ok, that makes sense..."
    Actually, regenerating hair should be super easy for Claymores, especially defensive ones (and Ana is apparently defensive judging by the fact Deneve told her to STFU and regenerate). After all even humans can do it, although at much slower rate ;P. When compared to regenerating an arm it should come effortlessly.
    Last edited by Goral; March 06, 2012 at 04:00 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymores using their version of Aphrodite A's breast missile.

I can't unsee!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

New Reply
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast