Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

My prediction for Ch 125: Miria's ruse won't work as intended. Instead of killing each other, the zombie abyssal ones will merge into one, and that being will wake up the blob at Rabona (which is a six-time merger itself: Claire+Teresa+Irene+Rafaela+Luciela+Priscilla).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thekickinside View Post
    One thing I'll say about Hysteria, I've come to feel like she's fascinated by Miria. She probably doesn't even realise it herself, but in terms of speed she's never even come close to being challenged by anyone in all her time. It kind of reminds me of when Rigardo was ecastatic that Clare was putting up such a fight, he said he'd been so bored of not having a solid challenge since his fight with Isley. She's loving this fight with Miria, even if she doesn't understand it herself, it's probably really stimulating her, she's so curious at what Miria can do and subconciously doesn't want to end it straight off. She might never get this sensation again. At least that's what I got out of it, could be completely wrong, but some of her comments point to that, though it's totally not an excuse for some of the poor performances she's been putting up.
    Had not thought of it this way, and it does make sense. I certainly prefer this over Dr. D's diagnosis. It gives more depth to Hysteria as a character, instead of her being driven by just her pride.

I'm wondering if Hysteria could be convinced to spare Miria (and the others by extension). Future speed contests? Maybe they could become BFFs...
    Probably not.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Claymore is Dragonball!! Fusion...fusion...fusion.. I' hope that i'will not see a similar thing. A fusion of Cassandra and Roxanne?? Two persons that hate each other?

No way for this idea. We have raffaella + luisella and claire + teresa + irene. Stop. Another fusion is not a good idea.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

One other thing. Look at what Hysteria's saying on page 12: Huh? Did those girls use to be so close?
    If Hysteria asks that then she really is a retard. Her awareness of the surroundings is mind boggling (which for a warrior is rather important). Also it doesn't look like Roxanne has that much of a range (unless village and a half is a really huge distance) since neither Miria nor Hysteria who were closer to RvC battle didn't even notice these spikes.

BTW, here's v2 of scanlation with slightly different typesetting (there are no major changes but it's an improvement IMO, still nothing worth downloading if you already have the older version).
    Mediafire | Bayfiles

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioning ambiguity, one thing I think the original Abyssals had in their favour was just that. They weren't overexposed; they appeared only periodically and unexpectedly, and each time revealed only a little bit more about their personalities and powers than we'd previously seen. They popped up, did some major damage, and were gone in a flash, but there was always this sense that you knew they were lurking somewhere out there even in arcs where they weren't even mentioned. With the ZAOs, we've just had a massive block of chapters of getting every piece of info about them, backstories, powers, personalities, extended fight scenes, and it's becoming laborious. They don't have that menance about them, where you don't know what they're gonna do or are capable of. We're desensitised.
    However I agree that their designs are somewhat inferior to the originals too, they're more try-too-hard, attempting to be more complex and strange where the originals were more focused and streamlined, but equally powerful and more cohesive abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    Exactly....The original Abyssals had a feeling of legendary....at the time, it was a rare thing to even know they existed; it was like they were dragons or something....some fearful, yet awesome, at the same time.....unfortunately, progression all but destroyed that -- the clear-cut lines disappeared as stronger and stronger beings overtime showed up, humans could kill yoma, and people can become stronger if they'd just believe in themselves. Now, as I say, instead of being this awe-inspiring thing....it's just another spot in the power-chart - the way Deneve casually said their were 3 AO-level beings, made me feel as much.

And Priscilla? It's only a matter of time before she's dwarfed as well.
    Exactly. Where rank #1 Claymores and ABs started out as feeling like these mythical, transient beings that you'd hope to catch a glympse of, now we've actually seen more of them then any other rank of Claymore/AB and they've just become the norm.

One thing I'll say about Hysteria, I've come to feel like she's fascinated by Miria. She probably doesn't even realise it herself, but in terms of speed she's never even come close to being challenged by anyone in all her time. It kind of reminds me of when Rigardo was ecastatic that Clare was putting up such a fight, he said he'd been so bored of not having a solid challenge since his fight with Isley. She's loving this fight with Miria, even if she doesn't understand it herself, it's probably really stimulating her, she's so curious at what Miria can do and subconciously doesn't want to end it straight off. She might never get this sensation again. At least that's what I got out of it, could be completely wrong, but some of her comments point to that, though it's totally not an excuse for some of the poor performances she's been putting up.
    Remember dae said that the 3 are different beings all together ... they are not really hysteria, Roxanne, and Cassandra they are mearly new nameless entity's that are borrowing the pre death appearance and memory's of the person whos body the yoki was pooled into. i believe he says it in the chapter when Cassandra awakens when he is talking to rubel.....think of the ZAO like the destroyer (a completely new being born from 2 different beings)

And secondly the first AO were Focused and Specific, and the new ones are more random and unpredictably....almost childlike(cassandra), Mean and sadistic ( Roxanne) and prideful ( Hysteria ).....almost like Prissy.....the person whos Yoki was used to give these new beings life?

Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alisia View Post
    I don't think that Claymore is Dragonball!! Fusion...fusion...fusion.. I' hope that i'will not see a similar thing. A fusion of Cassandra and Roxanne?? Two persons that hate each other?
    We had that in the merger of Claire+Teresa+Irene+Rafaela+Luciela and Priscilla already. (BTW Dragonball not having attracted my attention for longer than five seconds I had to Google.) It"s unfortunate but if fusion is a possibility then it doesn't make sense for it to stay unique.

Either way, I feel a big showdown of beyond-abyssal-ones is still just a sideshow. What about the big continent and the dragon tribe? Even if somehow all the monsters would be gone, Clare would be restored to human shape and the rebelling Claymores would win, it would be unrealistic if they'd be left alone. I wonder how Yagi wants to get there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    And secondly the first AO were Focused and Specific, and the new ones are more random and unpredictably....almost childlike(cassandra), Mean and sadistic ( Roxanne) and prideful ( Hysteria ).....almost like Prissy.....the person whos Yoki was used to give these new beings life?
    I'm thinking the reason for this is because they are newly awakened and not as old as Isley, Riful, and Luciela. Those three most likely were similar when they first awakened, wild, unpredictable, and hungry. But as time passed, they began to mature and stay in hiding not attracting any attention unnecessarily. I'm sure if these three were allowed to escape and hide, they would be similar to the first AO. Also if Prissy's Yoki had such an affect on them, I would think their appearance would have more in common with Prissy's appearance.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well Hysteria's new wings resemble prissys but your right Roxy and cassy look nothing like her lol...but i agree with you it must just be cuz there freshly awakened.....but Roxanne seems like she is still in her same mind set as she was before she awakened....with the exception of her newly found hunger

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Beside the Elegant Dust Eater of Love and Hate theory, I have another one of what might happen =)

Galatea being the God Eye that she is, sensing that her friends are in great danger at where the three new ZAOs are will hatch out a crazy plan to save them. She would ask Miata and Charice to help bring that "Blob" to the organization and contact Clare inside the blob. A chapter of what happening inside the blob, Raphaela mentioned Clare's big mistake maybe her putting revenge over her friends and humanity. Clare sensed what happening outside would pop out setting free both Pricilla and the Destroyer!

If the merging of the ZAOs does happen, then we will have another epic three ways fight between Priscilla, Destroyer, and that new being. But the Destroyer probably just interest into devoring everything if Clare is not controlling it. Or, the Destroyer will just merge with the ZAOs. Ah so many possibilities. If not, Priscilla or the Destroyer will probably just eat the ZAOs for breakfast. =)

P.S. Cassandra surely love to eat lol one of her cut off tentacle head was still eating Roxanne's fang when it was chop off lol

P.S.S With that many Claymores laying around and with Anastasia's hair abilties, Yuma can really shine throwing swords and retrieving them instantly!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Hystaria's new form is leagues better then her old one. Also lol at the "were those two always that close" comment.
    Last edited by TheRussianMeatClob; March 06, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I'm thinking the reason for this is because they are newly awakened and not as old as Isley, Riful, and Luciela. Those three most likely were similar when they first awakened, wild, unpredictable, and hungry. But as time passed, they began to mature and stay in hiding not attracting any attention unnecessarily. I'm sure if these three were allowed to escape and hide, they would be similar to the first AO. Also if Prissy's Yoki had such an affect on them, I would think their appearance would have more in common with Prissy's appearance.
    This is what I was thinking. Also don't forget that the orginal three AB's had a lot more time to figure out what they can do. The Dead Three are still figuring out how their bodies work. Actually this applies for all Awakened. Genrally speaking the older ones tend to be calmer, and more capable of using their powers. Look at Rigaldo.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Also don't forget that the orginal three AB's had a lot more time to figure out what they can do. The Dead Three are still figuring out how their bodies work. Actually this applies for all Awakened. Genrally speaking the older ones tend to be calmer, and more capable of using their powers. Look at Rigaldo.
    Exactly. Rigaldo reigned over that battlefield and was far more efficient than Hysteria and she is much more speed friendly than he is. Heck, Hysteria's body is still looking for the best combination. These last 3 chapters have kind of been nothing but filler since all she had to do was drop the outer shell in order for her wings to be effective. She made such a fuss over how much faster she was without them that it this chapter kind makes those last couple of ones unneeded.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get how Hysteria is going to be torn to shreds by the other two, if Miria is capable of escaping jumping off a hair...and geez...enough with the shoulder cutting -_- miria should be dead 1000 times now, it's getting annoying that hysteria just flies past her and cuts her shoulder ...

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GioGio's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want Hysteria to die next chapter. Mainly because we desperately need the plot to shift to Cassandra and Roxanne's battle conclusion (which actually has a story to be told, unlike Hysteria and Miria's) and then, well, because Hysteria is dumb. Like, really dumb. Seriously, she must be the dumbest, most uninteresting opponent Yagi ever created, it's hard to think of her as an AO when she's not even as threatening as Rigaldo. So anyway, all I'm saying is I hope she dies a horrible death being swallowed by Cassandra and Roxanne's attacks next chapter, but I'm not very optimistic.

On another note, though, why did she get rid of her original set of wings just to get a new one afterwards? Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by GioGio; March 08, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

We need more development on Hysteria. It's rather glaring that we got that chapter of backstory on DE and LnH, but nothing on Elegance. I think Yagi will deliver.

New Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast