Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    I can't see the pics.
    Can someone help me???
    The link in the second post where it says chinese scanlation should work...it worked for me

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternatively you can use this: http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...e-124-Raw-Scan
    It's not raw though but Chinese scanlation by TSS (at least for now, later they switch it with raw from Share).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Next chapter: Hysteria kindly ask Cassandra and Roxanne to move, but they ignore her, you know what happens when Hysteria is being ignored =)

Side note: Yuma seriously needs to get a hold on some of Anastasia's hair lol Yuma sword throwing technique will be perfected with her hair. Throw sword, pull back, and throw again! Yuma will be so overpowered lol

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

They could use Ana's hair to capture Hysteria in it and then cut her head off. Assuming that the hair's durability could really be increased by inserting youki in it and that the Claymores fighting Hysteria would have enough of it that Hysteria wouldn't be able to break it.

BTW, how Miria and others managed to keep their balance while walking on such a thin thread? Since Ana's threads get "tougher" the more youki is inserted, all they need to do is to tell Priscilla to stand on it and insert her youki and she will be cut in half ;P.

Seriously though, I could buy that Claymores have enhanced equilibrioception but their bodies aren't tougher and can be easily cut. So if they didn't have steel boots on them they really could cut themselves (standing on Ana's hair) being under such pressure.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Glad other people are noted how silly Hysteria's single mindedness is. Pride or whatever shouldn't make her completely devoid of a brain. She seems to have no problem figuring out ways to transform her body in order to continuously maintain and evolve her use of speed. Yet for all her intelligence and battle savy it really feels like she's being set up to die or at least be severely injured n a really stupid way. Let's just pray that she doesn't get killed off too soon.
    Djorel and Shiek927 on Animesuki made a rather nice observation by stating that most AB upon first awakening are not mentally competent. For example,

-Priscilla's personality upon first awakening was completely all over the place compared to the side she showed in the Destroyer arc.
    -Luciella went on a rampage that left Raphaela without an eye.
    -Tortured claymore that awakened in Riful's castle to my memory was not all there before being smashed.
    -Now we have Hysteria, an awakened AB is absent minded and playing around.

The mental maturity shown by Luciella, Isley, and Riful seems to be acquired over time. Priscilla, if anything, proves that awakening has huge ramifications on the mind. She has gone from a semi-lucid AB that ripped Irene's arm off to a shrinking amnesiatic little girl to a true villain. While Priscilla may be a very special case, we have seen other ABs show very strange if not inconsistent behavior. As Miria described Awakening in the Slasher's arc, one is overwhelmed by hunger and ecstasy to the point that one's mind and ability to think is impaired, which is why so many claymores fail to resist awakening in the first place. I think it is fair to say that none of the ZAOs are thinking critically at the moment beyond what is in front of them. I hardly doubt they are capable of creating schemes to the scale that Isley and Riful performed just yet.

Just by the look of their expressions, even though Hysteria, Cassandra, and Roxanne are being torn up they are enjoying every minute of this. Remember that Roxanne flew of into a rage when Cassandra just slightly injured her in past chapters, in this chapter she just smiles and enjoys the fight.

To return to early awakened Priscilla, her attitude like Hysteria's appeared absent minded, but at the same time focused on something. For Priscilla, this focus was hunger and defending herself. Hysteria on the other hand wants to kill Miria for wounding her. Priscilla did not show complex behavior akin to Riful, Isley, or Luciellal until just recently.

edit: fixed
    Last edited by Nixl; March 01, 2012 at 12:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't agree with you - I know it may seem like dodging, but I'd rather not repeat the same arguments I made a million times over already on Animesuki - to make it super-short and sweet, yes, Isley was vastly stronger then Luciella as she ran off like a scared kitten whereas he was only banged up....and we know from his fight with the Eaters how much he can put out; Alicia also blew away Riful, which figures since she was essentially made to fight her since Day 1.

So no, while their are no huge differences as I said before, one Abyssal can be quite stronger then the other without still leaving that category...It's not like every number 1 is of the same strength, since that's just nonsensical -- Teresa vs Rosemary was a pretty big example.

As for Cassandra raging...I just don't agree with that -- her personality, to me, still shows signs of a typical AB who's head hasn't settled down yet and is still muddled...she's only fighting because Roxanne is fighting her. Trash-talking is simply because of this since it's not in her character at all.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

No far Nixl, I've made those same arguments a million times over >_< XD.

.....Nixl, I was just joking, you didn't have to actually edit anything XDXD.
    Last edited by Shiek927; March 01, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As my friend Paythoss (from Polish Claymore forum) noticed, the scene shown below was ripped off from Captain Planet. First we have superman poses, now Captain Planet... What's next?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

, genius Gooral, that one slipped past me...I can't wait to see fan-images based off of this XD.

Captain Miria! She's a hero!

It's also suddenly occcurred to me how little attention Tabitha and the other warriors have had this chapter ...I was hoping we'd see more of Tabitha in action, as well as the others (Cynthia and Yuma haven't done anything past healing Miria), but this chapter was almost alll-Miria with some Deneve thrown in >_<.
    Last edited by Shiek927; March 01, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't take this the wrong way(don't mean to sound insulting) but whatever is said on aminesuki has to do with Animesuki; it doesn't make anyone right nor does it make anyone a veteran or an authority. The only person who will ever be 100% right on the Claymore world is Yagi, because he makes it. Thus we fan boys are here to discuss our own interpretations and be nerds in company. Even if you made the argument a trillion times that doesn't make it any more correct.

What does have some merit though is giving examples or parallel's that support opinions, otherwise it's just saying "I don't agree because it doesn't match the way I want things"

Isley vastly being more powerful then Luciela has no basis. Even if he won the fact that she managed to escape and he couldn't give chase says a lot. If his injuries were only at a cosmetic level as you think then, why was he on his knee's exhausted and needing Priscella to protect him. Just 'banged up' does not explain his condition, even Dauf noted that he was in a bad state and questioned Riful as to why they weren't attacking.. He gave everything he had to win and all available evidence points to that fact.

Cassandra being a 'raging bull' also has no basis, we've seen raging characters plenty of times and they don't behave like Cassandra is currently. Cassandra is actually her own example. The attack on Roxanne before her own death was rage driven. She was using her dust eater, not bothering to defend herself or killing other Claymore's when she could have defeated every single person in her way easily and never taken a single blow. More over she allowed herself to be weakened to the point where it only took a single shot from Roxanne to put her down; That's raging bull. Cassandra the AO however is not a rage driven she'd hate driven, while those two things go together sometimes they are not the same.

As to the mental state of awakened beings I'd say it tends to vary greatly to each individual. Jean for example in a fully awakened body was still completely lucid, we can also example Ophelia who while disturbed by her own awakening at first managed to understand and control her body and mind within just a few minutes of Realization. Towards the end in her awakened form she was calmer then she had been as a Claymore. Awakening messes with your inhibitions and likely exacerbates any mental traits or defects you had as a Claymore but i think that awakening itself doesn't affect the rate of maturity of the awakened being after they've changed. I'd refrain from using the term mentally competent. I doubt many who use that term know what qualifies as mentally competent/incompetent. If it were so cut and dry the insanity defense used in court would be a lot less popular.

In Hysteria's case that's why it kind of bugs me, she's shown to be quite clever and Lucid and she's thinking during combat, but at the same time she seems to be being set up for a fall that doesn't really make sense.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware that me being lazy and not responding because I've already talked this out with others on AS isn't much of an answer .

I just don't see however Isley as weak -- he didn't give chase, because he was waiting for Riful to show up as part of his plan - he feigned weakness and powered-down, as opposed to forcefully changing back as Luciella did...we know from his fight with the Eaters that he could go all the way and fight to his last legs, literally, but he didn't even use his ultimate sword as was only banged-up as opposed to being put down. I just can't see the same amount of effort being put into the fight with Luciella, as he did against the Eaters....to me, that shows a huge difference.

Roflmao, rage-driven, hate-driven.....we can at least agree, that Cassandra is out of control and is not paying much of any attention to anything actually happening around her....in a funny sense, Roxanne could be controlling her by fighting her because, if not, maybe Cassandra may start randomly killing all around her.

I said before that she's only fighitng because Roxanne is fighting her, but it's difficult to say if Cassie would really continue to fight or not, if anyone wasn't actually fighting her.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

What's weird though about this chapter is that, according the zzhk's synposis, Hysteria has yet to be in range of the other ZAOs...yet the panels sometimes show all the ZAOs, and Miria, almost side-by-side with eachother....maybe that's just for drama or to make a cool-shot, but it seems strange when you pair it with the dialog.
    Last edited by Shiek927; March 01, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not know SaphG1, Jean appeared to be a special case in regard to preserving her humanity. I do not think any character as retained there will that far into an awakening. With Ophelia, she still had more time as an AB than any of the ZAOs by at least a day or more. Furthermore, she stayed in the forest still hunting Claire for however long it took the mountain training arc with Irene. Her single minded desire to kill Claire seems about equal to Hysteria's intent to kill Miria to me.

------------
    Honestly, this scene is dragging on by this point. We have had 20+ chapters of Miria and Deneve. I would prefer to see Raki/Raftela at this point trying to escape or Roxanne vs Cassandra.
    Last edited by Nixl; March 01, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like this chapter left off on another cliffhanger.

And is it just me or does Deneve have pointed ears on page 18? Has she always had ponted ears?
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 01, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

dumb chapter, another wasted month, hopefully Miria vs hysteria is gonna be finished by the end of the year

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah! I can't believe I didn't notice it....Miria doesn't have her scar anymore. Kudos to TimeMask on AS for pointing that out.

Last chapter, she had it, it got healed...but then it came back -- I thought that Yagi wanted to keep it permanently for "coolness", even though their still needed to be a plausible explanation for it still being there regardlessly, especially after it healed...

But NOW it's gone again! Is it for good this time? We'll see...but if it really is gone for good, as it should be, then that stilll makes it look like bringing it back was a goof on his part.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the manga hit a wall. Interested to see how this is going to play out.

New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast