Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

A wall? How, and what makes you say that?
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Vengeance's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    A wall? How, and what makes you say that?
    What I mean is the story has gotten to a point where it'll be hard to advance the plot to continue on with the actual story. The wall is an invisible obstacle that is preventing the story from advancing. I don't know it just seems like this has been dragging on to give time for ideas to be created that'll allow for Clare's return to be even relevant at this point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess...I can't say for sure that I agree with you -- it's half and half: Yagi definitely plans things out ahead of time, but it's also painfully obvious that he also makes things up along as he goes...and I can understand the idea that he's just delaying more and more to come up with more ideas on Claire and Priscilla.

Whatever the case is, it's gonna be a weird situation -- people are going to despise what he does, no matter what he does, so it's 'damned if you do, damned if you don't'...at the same time, I really really hope he doesn't mess this up because this is a golden opportunity to extremely develop both characters and streamline all sorts of things and, at this point, we really deserve it.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum, in Animesuki I am known as double_friedman.
    Yes, I agree with most of you who think the fight Miria vs. Hysteria is very ridiculous. Hyst is supposed to be way faster than before, but she's unable to catch a weakened Miria.
    And yes, Cass seems like a bull, a stupid one btw. I am pretty sure Roxanne has high chances of winning her fight due to the fact she's the only AO smart enough to actually devise a strategy. Hysteria seems just plain stupid, she's not playing, but she's not trying seriously to stop Miria. If she's indeed trying, then she's a sucky AO.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Alternatively you can use this: http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...e-124-Raw-Scan
    It's not raw though but Chinese scanlation by TSS (at least for now, later they switch it with raw from Share).
    Raw [Japanese] has been updated! Waiting for English Scanlated

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's basically what I said -- I can't really get a good grasp on Hysteria because she seems to go back and forth between playing around and being serious...and you would think getting KILLED by Miria would clue her in that she is a very dangerous threat.

From a story-perspective however, this is especially annoying because, the times where she is just playing around, give the others a blatant opportunity to do...whatever it is they do. You would think by now, especially after failing to kill Anastasia, that she would become angry and just try to kill them all iimmediately...instead, she's only following Miria (even though all the others are just litterally standing in one spot) and strangely can't, even though she should logically be the fastest character barring Priscilla, arguably

If you say it's just because she's arrogant and playing around....yeah, it just comes off as a convenient excuse - if Hysteria really is vain as all that, she should already be super-angry and want to kill all of them right here and now.

I'm gonna finally admit this -- Hysteria's awakened form has begun to finally grow on me...especially with these new wings, her appearance is getting better (and/or I'm just getting used to i t) with each chapter...her personality though needs to stop going back and forth; Riful likes to play around with her victims, but she isn't stupid and we've seen her get really angry, like when Renee escaped from her clutches or the Ghosts saved Audrey/Rachel...Hysteria though can't seem to make up her mind whether to fight seriously or not and the answer to that should be obvious considering, further more, she DIED (or would have) not that long ago.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last scenes....Miria escape from her position but, don't hit Hysteria. What's happened? Cassandra or Roxanne, have prepared a powerfull long rage attack?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Animesuki is tearing itself apart.....this place is gonna suddenly see alot of very angry and confused, intelligent people sooner rather then later...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, forgive me for posting this here just cause I couldn't figure out where else to post it. Animesuki has just retired the Claymore thread there. So me and some others are likely going to come here as a result. So there could be an influx of people who don't know all the rules here...

Next I don't see an image thread (for Claymore fan art) or a thread request thread like on animesuki (so are we allowed to make our own threads without permission like some forums) and if we can have an image thread am I right to assume thumbnail pics are preferable? (and what are the rules on nudity in the pics? especially considering Claymore is a manga that has occasional nudity). Thanks...

Oh and is there a q&a thread? I think some animesuki users might need one in the coming days...

-----------

As to the chapter I loved the art work in it, and it was a step up from last chapter but without a true english scan yet and withholding commenting to much on the plot progression.

Now my first reaction posts to it imported from animesuki.

Quote Quote:
    Pretty fight by the looks of the Chinese scans but it serious needs a translation. Cassandra goes from seconds away from death to seemingly pulling a "I fooled you" after a scene jump.

I think she just regenerated really fast but not sure.

Roxanne's blades seem to be toned down versions of the Destroyers ability... so she's less creative than I fist hoped and Yagi is just cycling abilities... *sigh. Well, on the plus side she's littered the ground with so many blades that theoretically Cassandra might cut open her own backside if she swings over or gets shoved on any.

Roxanne hasn't taken any damage though so, assuming Hysteria doesn't get involved in there fight (big if) the fight would come down to how long Cassandra can keep regenerating vs how long Roxanne can keep making more blades... another factor would be of Cassandra can close distance and get inside Roxanne's whips or if Roxanne can score a precise hit on a vital area of Cassandra.
    Quote Quote:
    Read it on my cell an hour before posting here and forgot to double check before commenting... aka I missed the hit Cassandra scored due to the tiny thumbnail pics I got on my cell which I never bother loading one by one.

Anyways she got hit twice in her hair armor (for lack of a better name) got bite (very minimal damage) twice in the same spot (the first hit seemed to have slowly healed then got hit again after all that hard work ). Not her in her throat...

Believe me after someone has actually tried to slit your throat in RL, you don't consider hair biting that bad in comparison (AB akin to hair pulling? ). Anyways LOL that Roxanne fell for the same attack from the same angle twice, maybe she has a blindspot.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@Ryus
    I suggest you PM thornofcarrion or igotthegoods or Kaiten in case you have any questions. But I can tell you this, anyone can create a thread and image threads are allowed (some shounens have whole sub-forum for that).

Edit:
    I'm not sure but I think that if you post more than 3 pictures you have to use spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Goral; March 02, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fraktur's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll quote my opinion of this chapter:

Quote Quote:
    rough critic, only considering the pictures:

- deneve talks
    - hysteria the blonde seems another appropriate title for the former no 1. she really is braindead.
    - mirias plan seemed to have worked...
    - ...only to backfire next chapter (protip: no one is surprised anymore if you pull this shit so often, yagi...)

+ we finally see abyssals fight
    + their fight isn't one sided
    - but somehow still disappointing :/
    + contrary to ryus statement roxanne has taken damage (her head got bitten)
    on a sidenote concerning animesucki: why can't they just make one of the older posters a mod, so that the claymore sub has one, that is willing to do his job? as it looks now they could also just delete it as the on thread is surely going to die very soon
    Last edited by fraktur; March 02, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to spread the word so that most Animesuki users would come here. We also need to transfer some of more useful posts like the ones regarding translation. Here we can name a translator at least.

BTW, don't miss the Claymore awards thread.

As for the chapter, I've talked about it quite a bit with Shiek in this thread. Until translation comes out I won't be able to tell much else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the Raw scan of the chapter and it seems like not much has happened in this chapter. Do you think that Yagi is trying to stretch this arc out or something? But other than that i like the chapter so far and i am waiting for the english version.

I can't believe that the mods at Animesuki moved the Claymore thread to retired. It is still an active thread. And Goral did you get a permanent ban from AS or just a suspension?
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 02, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What needs to happen next is opening up a bunch of threads from experience from Animesuki on what works.....the image thread, the fanfiction thread....plus the others as bonuses.

Maybe, just maybe, we can re-kindle the same kind of enthusiasm we used to have over there....over here.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

Well, I think I said my peace at the AS thread for now. Hoping MH is still looking fora resident Claymore troll with shitty photoshop/MS paint skills.

edit: Gotta work on my Captain Planet comparisons after the first pumps this chapter.
    Last edited by Nixl; March 02, 2012 at 07:45 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast