Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thekickinside's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

Yo, another AS hopper, though I hadn't been a member for very long anyway. I'm hoping Arlenis comes over here too...
    Anyway the general points I made on this chapter were a plus for the art, however as most of you are feeling; the silliness of the whole Hysteria vs Miria fight grated on me. Nevertheless I'm not getting too hung up on it as it's hopefully over now and in the context of an Abyssal fight we'll probably see Hysteria fighting to the calibre she should have been all along.
    One little gripe I'm gonna make, Shiek927, you don't have to compare everything to the AS board. Yeah I know you were a member and it's a bummer it fell through, but this is a different board, it's gonna have different rules and it just comes across to me as a little disrespectful to the long time members here when you keep going on about "Oh I'm not discussing this when I've done so a million times on AS", or comparing how you could use the threads on one to another. Not trying to be an arse.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valentinefriedman View Post
    Priscilla could be faster than Hysteria and Claire, but that's not been proved yet. Also the mere fact that physics law apply in Claymore (Hyst and Claire) but don't apply to Priscilla proves she's not reached those levels of speed; if she had, then she would have been able to catch Deneve, which was completely outrun by Hysteria. Also her attack on the destroyer is as fast as the destroyer's attack on her, which you could see, is clearly a static AB. For the time being, we have not witness Priscilla outperforming Hysteria in terms of speed. However, anything could be, given the fact that Miria is outrunning Hysteria without releasing yoki ...
    In Claymore when you reach the limits of speed you need a way to improve your traction so you can control that speed such as Hysteria's rods and Clare's arms.

Unless Priscilla shows a way to improve her traction she can't keep up with awakened Hysteria or half awakened Clare, which makes me think fully awakened Clare may have a chance of beating Priscilla.

Its possible for Priscilla to move as fast as Hysteria but she won't be able to turn while moving.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think some of you are forgetting an important fact - Priscilla can fly and has wings and she can use them to stop and maneuver. She also has super powerful arms than she can stretch as she wants which she has shown when she destroyed the shell of a Destroyer. So she has multiple ways to stop. Does anyone believe that when she was chasing Deneve and Helen she was going at full speed?

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I think some of you are forgetting an important fact - Priscilla can fly and has wings and she can use them to stop and maneuver. She also has super powerful arms than she can stretch as she wants which she has shown when she destroyed the shell of a Destroyer. So she has multiple ways to stop. Does anyone believe that when she was chasing Deneve and Helen she was going at full speed?
    Hysteria with wings was unable to use her wings to improve her traction so Priscilla's wings shouldn't let her reach the limits of speed in the sky unless she can find a way to improve her traction.

No one is saying Priscilla isn't strong but currently Hysteria and half awakened Clare should be better in terms of movement speed compared to Priscilla since they can control their speed better then Priscilla.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

riful was shocked how fast she got to her from where she was fighting the twins...i would say she's pretty fast if riful was in awe.
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

TimeMask , I do not agree with you.
    Histerya could not control her speed with the first wings. It is different with the new wings, Now seems that she can control whith these wings. Or so I understood.
    The Riful's surprise also indicates that Priscilla in the human form exceeds the speed of a abysal. Therefore, Priscila awakened as she should not have problems to meet and exceed the speed of Histerya or Clare.
    Last edited by su5so; March 04, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i am pretty sure Hysteria can Fly freely and just as fast as she could on the ground in the sky now...did she not say that?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your avatar does look familiar; I sort of remember you, but, like you said, I'm not sure you were really around for long.

As for my comparisons....what can I say? I made nearly 6000 posts there.....Inevitably, I'm going to just re-get into conversations where, it's easier for me, to just repost old links to when I had more energy and made huuuge posts, rather then just rewriting all over again when I don't have the same sort of fire. In that sense, I can already see it's going to be a little difficult getting into the same old converations, but with new people, who don't already know all our stances and opinions on stuff.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful....I guess, like over there, you need to understand my playfulness - if anything, the only reason why I often just post links instead of writing huge posts, is simple laziness on my part and not anything personal.

*shrug, what can I say....yeah, not much of an answer but....

--

As for Priscilla's speed, I'll just say what I said before (yes, on AS) -- what makes Hysteria stand out, is that she's the only one where we see her performing phantom-like afterimages on her power level...we've never seen ANY other AO move like that - we've seen some fast movements from Alicia and Riful, but not like this....what makes me think Priscilla beats her however, is that we've seen similar "warps" when she blasts right through the HellCats when she was chasing Deneve; crushing them just because she was going so fast...

Now yest, maybe that was just her power, but that's why I said it's only arguable that Priscilla is fast -- I say she is, but otherwise, Hysteria is the fastest being we've ever seen yet.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by su5so View Post
    TimeMask , I do not agree with you.
    Hysteria could not control her speed with the first wings. It is different with the new wings, Now seems that she can control whith these wings. Or so I understood.
    The Riful's surprise also indicates that Priscilla in the human form exceeds the speed of a abyssal. Therefore, Priscilla awakened as she should not have problems to meet and exceed the speed of Hysteria or Clare.
    Hysteria never said she lacked control, but she was not able to reach her top speed in the air while in her 1st AO form. Im also going to agree with Valentine, it has never been proven that Priscilla is faster than Miria, or Hysteria/Awakened legs Clare.
    What has been proven/shown in terms of movement speed:

Priscilla < Devene & Helen < Miria < Hysteria = Clare (w/awakened legs) (though now Miria has seemed to have went "super" and is now faster than or is avoiding Hysteria at just the right moments)

I'd vouch that Priscilla was chasing D&H at full speed since they had Clare with them (due to the whole vengeance-Teresa-thing).

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's an apt comparison. Both Hysteria and Miria's speed are techniques from burst youki increase. They don't constantly maintain that speed. So technically, the comparison of Hysteria's speed needs to use her normal speed and not when she is using her elegance. Although I do wonder why she can't just constantly use elegance non stop since raising youki should no longer be an issue for her. I think the fastest speed demonstrated so far is still Clare in QOB mode. Priscilla on the other hand does not need to be faster.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that Riful was surprised by Prissy's speed means nothing for at least 2 reasons:

-Riful could do nothing against Miria's speed too (and also Prissy is GREAT in hiding her yoki,so it's even more difficult to follow her movements)
    -Riful was in an UBER weakened state at that moment (and she also has ALWAYS shown to be not so great in the "sensing" skill.....)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Priscilla < Devene & Helen < Miria < Hysteria = Clare (w/awakened legs)
    As much as i dislike Priscilla, I highly doubt that she is slower than Deneve and Helen. I don't think that she was chasing them at full speed. She is not that smart, it was probably like a game of cat and mouse to her. She wasn't really trying.
    Priscilla was much faster than Rigaldo and Rigaldo's regular and basic speed was as fast as Miria's Phantom. I would say that Miria's super phantom, Hysteria's Elengence, and Clare's half AB form are around the same speed as priscilla. But Priscilla's basic speed is that fast. She doesn't need a burst of yoki to move that fast. I do think that Hysteria is the fastest AB we have seen so far. She just seems so much faster.

An interesting fight would be Hysteria V half awakened Clare. Both have intense speed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey heeeeey, it's great to see you here Sagara!!!!

I love how more and more veterans are coming on-board

Hopefully at somepoint early this week, we'll get the english scanlation
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

*wakes up from lurk-slumber. looks around at many known faces. nods politely. goes back to snoring till translated chap.*

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Does anyone believe that when she was chasing Deneve and Helen she was going at full speed?
    We can't be sure, but one important thing to ask is, "Why wouldn't she chase them at full speed?" She had been moaning and bitching at the time that she had endured for so long in her search for Clare (subconsciously, since she allegedly doesn't remember her). It would be only logical that she would chase after Clare at full speed. Then again, I may be overestimating how logical ABs can be, considering all the BS surrounding Hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyIX View Post
    Hysteria never said she lacked control, but she was not able to reach her top speed in the air while in her 1st AO form. Im also going to agree with Valentine, it has never been proven that Priscilla is faster than Miria, or Hysteria/Awakened legs Clare.
    What has been proven/shown in terms of movement speed:

Priscilla < Devene & Helen < Miria < Hysteria = Clare (w/awakened legs) (though now Miria has seemed to have went "super" and is now faster than or is avoiding Hysteria at just the right moments)

I'd vouch that Priscilla was chasing D&H at full speed since they had Clare with them (due to the whole vengeance-Teresa-thing).
    I'd have to agree with Claymore1 that Priscilla is most likely faster than Helen and Deneve. What baffles me is how they managed to evade Priscilla before Duff intervened and gave them that head start. It's been shown that all tactics such as having the Hellcats shoot rods at her don't affect her at all, so a possible explanation is that Priscilla in human form is just a tad slower than Helen and Deneve. Without a doubt, though, awakened Priscilla is far more agile than the two as she caught up with them in no time after killing Duff.

As for Priscilla compared to Miria, Hysteria and Clare, it's quite difficult to discern. Rigardo's speed matches Miria's original Phantom and Priscilla defeated Rigardo, so some would assume that this means Priscilla is automatically faster than Miria. Since the actual battle was not shown, it could very well be that Rigardo outstrips Priscilla in terms of speed and managed to injure her many times, but all such damage was irrelevant given Priscilla's crazy regeneration/yoki pool and all she needed to do was withstand the injuries, exhaust Rigardo and wait for the perfect opportunity to deliver a devastating blow, just like Alicia's split-second beheading.

New Reply
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast