Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

Anyone else think that it looked like they were all about to use rocket punches?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kanamechidori View Post
    Anyone else think that it looked like they were all about to use rocket punches?
    That's the vibe I got from it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    but this chapter shows the brutal truth - no one or almost no one will die.
    I'm basically just waiting for the conclusion of the Roxanne/Cassandra fight before dropping this altogether.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest, I think the high point of this arc is truly Roxanne vs Cassandra.

I feel that Yagi has been building up this fight between Roxanne and Cassandra from the moment the ZAOs were introduced. Now, we have the two finally fighting one another one last time and instead we are shown Miria vs Hysteria. The focus remains on Roxanne and Cassandra.

Why?

I know who will win Hysteria vs Miria, but I do not know who will win Roxanne vs Cassandra yet. The reason I am so focused on RvC is that depending on who wins the story will take very different turns. If Roxanne wins, which I think she will, I honestly believe that she will be what triggers Claire and Priscilla's release and even be pivotal to Priscilla's defeat in some sense. If Cassandra wins, I have no idea what Yagi will do with the story. I honestly doubt Cassandra wants anything besides Roxannes head and beyond that nothing. That is probably a typical shounen protagonist convention/cliche, but we can add Miria alongside Claire for that trait.

What also bothers about Hysteria vs Miria is that Miria has essentially has essentially pulled a Claire. By "pulling a Claire" I mean all the times Claire nearly faltered or got knocked down ( Slasher's arc AB, AB Ophelia, Dauf, Raphaela), but musters a final attack/plan that works.
    Last edited by Nixl; March 05, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, why shouldn't Hysteria be able to dodge most of a volley of attacks that aren't even aimed at her? Her size which has played out to be an unfair weakness should be an advantage in this case. But for the sake of convenience she won't be able to. *sigh* I enjoy the FO and this means to a downfall will leave a bad aftertaste due to the lack of effort, as Shiek927 put it, involved.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the chapter. It was slow and it seems like nothing happened but i still liked it. I really liked the one picture that showed Roxanne, Cassandra, Hysteria, and Miria all together. I think that it was a very artistic piece. I also like Hysteria's new form a lot more than her old one.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 05, 2012 at 04:42 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My review is done and up. Figured I'd better mention it here, as last month it didn't get stickied.

Kinda wonder if all Roxy has is the spikes. Doesn't seem as impressive as some of the previous Abyssal Ones skills.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna have to agree on Roxy's attacks. It seems too have a wide range od destruction but it's just 'standard' wide range destruction. when aiming at something as big as Cassandra after firing off five or six arms full of those things she managed to land only a single shot on Cassandra's actual body which didn't do a thing and cut a few of those heads that constantly grow back anyway. So for all it's destructive power, it's there but it's the messy sort of attack you expect from a lesser AB. Roxanne doesn't really seem to be winning to me but neither does Cassandra, and there's a reason for that. Despite the edge wounds and limbs flying everywhere this battle has started to degenerate into a your standard girl fight. They might as well be wrestling and pulling each others hair. Hell if the reverted to human form and continued this fight in a hole filled with mud I don't think the battle would lose any of it's current feeling (though it might actually be a bit more entertaining)

We're officially at the point where something needs to happen no matter which direction it goes in. Either this fight disperses for some reason or another and our new AO's go off to get more bad ass or one or more of them are going to die in some really lack luster ways.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I liked this chapter...
    I think they're going to use Anastassia's hair to allow Miria to move with at a speed that's similar to Clare's awakened legs. I can see them launching Miria up to another strand of hair that the other ghosts are pouring their yoki into so that when Miria hits it, she'd gain that force/traction and would then bounce back down at a speed high enough to possibly deal a fatal blow on Hysteria. It might work since she has a harder time sensing Miria while they're so close to the other 2 AO's.

My other theory involved the ghosts pouring their yoki into various strands of hair somehow surrounding Hysteria (since she'd have a harder time sensing them) in order to hold her still while Miria does something...gonna go with the 1st theory though~

Edit: *Wants Cassandra to beat Roxanne* :3

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Edit: *Wants Cassandra to beat Roxanne* :3
    As do I

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since ch 108 if Deneve's lips move, you know it would be a boring chapter (or at least more boring than it could have been)... this chapter was really only about Deneve hinting at what would happen next chapter. So I was really bored.

At least the art was good, but in the end it seemed unimportant vs what Deneve was saying.

Sigh I miss the days Deneves plot purpose was to take hits so others wouldnt and backing up Helen after she did something stupid. Dr Deneve isnt the cure to decreasing popularity of the series but one of the root causes... I'm not a Tabitha fan but I want her to punch Deneve again.
    Last edited by Ryus; March 05, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

seems like most people agree with the way i feel after browsing through here, so i'll just make/reiterate a few keypoints...

*i just don't get how any warrior can 'insert' their youki into anastasia's hair...i thought anastasia's ability was a little ridiculous before this, but...really? i keep an open mind when reading this manga, but i just can't get past this

*i'm a little nervous for roxanne LOL...i felt bad for cassandra after reading their backstory, but i still want roxanne to win...and my personal feelings aside, i'd really like to think that as an awakened number one she has more than those blades up her sleeve, but we haven't really been given an indication as to what she's really capable of...guess we'll just have to wait and see

*i hate deneve and that panel on the 2nd to last page of her screaming 'go' got on my nerves

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anastasia's hair makes sense when you think that Riful had a similar power... but she's putting up hair stands between mountains so far away that they might as well take a good few hours hike to get to. On top of that they're really high up.

I would have liked it better if how she was using it now was more realistic, had limited use until she tired, and took other a long time to use as we as she does but to compinsate could hinder enemy movement or at least when used in mass slow down an AB leaving them open for a moment. Maybe if tbey could grab allies out of harms way too... but as stated due to her rank she couldnt use them indefiniatly without approaching her limit (what ever happened to that plot line any how, you'd think at least one of the none partially awakend would have come close to crossing it by now after all these fights and injuries... more partially awakened would make it feel like the fab 4 where less plot shielded and better yet would add tension to the plot if an MiB witnessed it... my vote would be for Yuma since she is weaker than Cynthia and likely would get strainded healing so many in such a short time period though Anastasia would make a good second choice due to how many hair strands have seeded the battle field).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

There is just one thing that is not clear to me from this chapter: what the hell is Miria aiming at the very end? Shouldn't she attack Histy? Why is she directed somewhere else? Does she want to reach the very centre of the battle between Cassy and Roxy?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

More Deneve haters I see. How unfortunate.

@MalakTawus, I think that Miria was aiming at Hysteria and zoomed past her really fast. But Hysteria might have dodged it or something.
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 05, 2012 at 06:39 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast