Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

Since the Main Claymore forum (AS) shut down 90% of the threads I would like to suggest the creation of a website organized by Claymore Fans for Claymore Fans.
    I've requested the mods of AS a dump of the forum posts, but I think they either don't care, have no permission to export dumps or simply don't have enough knowledge for the task. So I've made some tests to export the contents of the threads on-the-fly and it worked pretty nice, so it's possible to export the closed threads to our website.
    All it's required is a person who can set a domain or a subdomain for us to host the website and ofcourse enough people interested in the idea.

btw, I'm limao from AS

Currently hosted at http://claymore.anime-characters.com, planning to move to http://www.claymorefans.com
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 16, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated website for Claymore Fans

Site dedicated to Claymore with exported content from AS would be great but (forgive me my pessimism) I doubt there's anyone willing to do it. Otherwise there would be such a site by now or years ago when Claymore was much more popular. Let's hope I'm wrong though. For now we could always export some threads here and wait.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've said it as well, that it's such an obvious idea and, all things considered, would be the best their ever could be....but Gooral is probably right -- why such a thing hasn't happened tilll now, is a very valid question.

I have my fingers crossed though...if it really is possible, especially to export everything from AS -- it would be like a gift from heaven. Unfortunately, like Gooral, I'm a bit skeptical if it will actually happen....who knows though; maybe it just hasn't happened out of laziness/disinterest or some other mundane reason.

If you have the knowledge, means and will to go for it...I say, go for it; you'll definitely get alot of supporters, that's for sure
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm...I can export the threads to a temporary place until we get a host.
    If anyone has a host with generous resources, we can export directly there

If this will work or not, we don't lose nothing trying

Btw , what you think should be the website title?
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 07, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple "Claymore" would be the best and if it wasn't available "Claremore", "Clay-more", "Kureimoa" or "Claymore" + something.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my test page:
    http://claymore.anime-characters.com.../1/Claymore/1/

6 threads exported so far. Due to memory limitation Larger threads will take longer to import.

I still have to write the script to import polls.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job Limao, really impressive so far

Keep it up, this could become what we were all hoping for since Day 1.

---------- Post added March 09, 2012 at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was March 08, 2012 at 06:38 PM ----------

Very VERY impressive Limao....seriously, I'm shocked this is turning out so much easier then I expected...what's next from what I've seen, is the image thread, and all the chapter threads...

Christ, if this keeps up, we could continue very quickly right from where we left off on AS; all things considered, it's not like it's been ages or anything since it closed down -- lest we forget, it's only been a week.

And while I'm not in a huge hurry to leave this place after just arriving, I can't deny how tempting it is to get a website with everything carried over, and strictly Claymore.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you did a magnificent work limao. It's a shame there are no more competent users willing to help or even interested in this though.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm nearly done with the importing (my sloppy internet connection has been slowing down things).

Some ideas for the domain I've checked the availability:

myclaymore.com
    claymorefans.com (or claymorefan.com)
    Kureimoa.com
    clay-more.com

About hosts, someone mentioned godaddy, but they have a lot of negative reviews.

Bluehost 10GB/Unlim gives a discount if you register 2 years (some $150 for 2 years with free domain), good reviews.
    2mhost 5GB/50GB is around $27 per year domain not included (used it in the past, no complaints).
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 10, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

limao, that website is great
    I think that it is a great idea what you are doing. It seems that you have already transported most of the old posts from AS.
    Was i supposed to create an account? because i did.

I also prefer claymorefans.com for the websites name.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely claymorefans.com; the best name you could come up with.

I get more amazed with every week Limao....really, at this point, I think what's next, past importing threads, is trying to emulate AS as much as possible, but go beyond their limitations.

For instance, one thing i like about this place, over AS, is how the PM limit (1500), skyrockets over Animesuki's meager 100, which forces me to constantly save them to my computer to make room. This place unfortunately has the tradeoff of having no VMs -- if possible, having both would naturally be the best.

Little things like that to emulate the AS experience as much as possible, and then push it farther...I know it's just a test-page, but from what I've seen, I'm not sure I'm crazy for the white background....It feels like it strains my eyes when it should be darker; everything also notably seems...I don't know, smaller -- the text, to me, just feels like I have to squint - the thread pages for example, are super-midget....again, attempting to make the forum feel transparent from AS, on a superficial level, should definitely be a goal...so that, it 'feels' like the same place, but it's obviously much much better.

Search bars, profile customizing, birthday/club/certain post warnings and etc, ...

Yeah, I know this is going to become very nagging very soon, but the excitement I admit, is definitely justified -- I mean, this is all turning out so much better, and quicker all things considered, then I could ever have expected. I mean, I'm not in a huge huge hurry to leave this place after just arriving here, especially after going through the trouble of sending all those invitations to come here after the AS shutdown, but man....I may set up permanent shop on your website .
    Last edited by Shiek927; March 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

Props Limao, that sounds like quite a feat to undertake.

Do we know the total memory size of the AS forum? Either way, I assume without a program this could take some time to finish. Nonetheless, congrats.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

All threads have been imported. I just dont know what to do with the Chapter 124 discussion that they merged in the "Claymore Manga" thread.

Quote Quote:
    I may set up permanent shop on your website .
    I'm sorry this is not my website, I just imported the threads and set up the test page. In the future I will only work on the system, you'll have to find an administrator for it and some mods (or maybe you don't want mods uh? Bad memories of that )

Btw, if we want to advance with this we need to start collect donations to set up the domain+host asap so people get used to domain name and search engines start indexing it bringing in more visitors. IMO since we don't know if this place will have success or not we should start with a cheap host like 2mhost (cheap but stable), and later if justified move to a better one (currently the test page is hosted on 2mhost so you can test the host performance).

Quote Quote:
    Definitely claymorefans.com; the best name you could come up with.
    My first choice as well

Quote Quote:
    Was i supposed to create an account? because i did.
    Yes, your account will remain when we move to the final host.

Quote Quote:
    For instance, one thing i like about this place, over AS, is how the PM limit (1500), skyrockets over Animesuki's meager 100, which forces me to constantly save them to my computer to make room. This place unfortunately has the tradeoff of having no VMs -- if possible, having both would naturally be the best.
    We can change the settings any time. Btw, it has VMs, each user profile has a guestbook.

Quote Quote:
    Do we know the total memory size of the AS forum? Either way, I assume without a program this could take some time to finish. Nonetheless, congrats.
    It's already finished, its not really that hard, as soon you have your script ready you can import 2000 posts per minute
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 11, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For the 124 thread, I suppose the best would be to narrow on which posts were from the 124 thread, which should be obvious since the Manga thread, otherwise, should only have posts from ages ago. It should be pretty easy to seperate.

Ugh, does their HAVE to be an adminstrator and/or Mods? may seem like a silly question, but after all our experiences, you can understand that...it just seems easier to make everyone share equal power in some way, or do away with that stuff entirely.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I got Chp 124 from google cache lol. Might be incomplete...

Quote Quote:
    Ugh, does their HAVE to be an adminstrator and/or Mods? may seem like a silly question, but after all our experiences, you can understand that...it just seems easier to make everyone share equal power in some way, or do away with that stuff entirely.
    Guess we can discuss that when the spammers start showing off, guess mods are not necessary here, but at least we should set a person with access to admin account
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 11, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast