Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 124 Discussion

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Claymore!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show
    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Spoiler Thread

Chinese scanlation: http://tssym.net/cm/Claymore/

Chapter summary by zzhk from AS:

Quote Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
    Deneve recalls Miria saying Hysteria's weakness is her vanity and obsession with elegance.
    This pride hasn't changed with awakening, hence her keeping the promise with Nike.
    Hence, Hysteria will pursue Miria singlemindedly and others will be safe as long as they don't interfere in the aerial battle.
    The key to victory will be Anastasia's "Wings."
    Mira vs Hysteria. Roxanne vs Cassandra.
    As Cassandra munches away, Roxanne declares she is tired of that face and cuts up several heads.
    Roxanne challenges Cassandra to evade her rain of blades.
    Helen continues to neutralize Hysteria's anchors.
    Hysteria surprises Miria by abandoning most of her outer shell to gain speed.
    Hysteria praises Miria's attack instinct, but Miria is unable to stop her from growing new wings.
    Hysteria brags that her new lighter body plus the 4 new wings will allow her to fly and manoeuver in the air just as quickly as on the ground.
    Meanwhile, Cassandra points out that Roxanne cannot regenerate her blades instantly.
    Since Roxanne has 8 arms, Cassandra wins if she can dodge the next 6 volleys.
    "6 times? Did you count wrong?" asks Roxanne.
    Hysteria notices she is now much closer to the other abyssals.
    Roxanne attacks.
    Back to Deneve's commentary.
    Miria's plan was to lead Hysteria into the other 2 abyssals' fight using Anastasia's hair.
    However, Hysteria has now gained a flight form allowing her to move as easily in the air as on ground.
    Roxanne points out she can fire off blades from more than one arm at once for a wider range.
    Stepping on Cassandra, Roxanne asks how does the sole of her foot taste.
    "No matter which part, shit tastes like shit."
    Cassandra thinks it's to her advantage there are only 3 armful of blades left.
    Anastasia braids dozens of strands of hair together.
    The hair rope needs to be powered by yoki from equal numbers of warriors on each side.
    3 on each side? asks Deneve.
    4 declares Dietrich, who gets up and emphasizes they need Cynthia's yoki synchronization skills.
    They decide Dietrich, Cynthia, Helen, Tabitha will be one group, the rest with Deneve.
    Their target is the center of the abyssal battle.
    As Miria gets sliced, Hysteria praises her for lasting this long.
    Miria notices that over half of Anastasia's hair scattered over the battlefield has been used up.
    Miria wonders if Hysteria will have the guts to attack forward and enter the range of the other abyssals behind her.
    Hysteria attacks as expected from her pride.
    Cassandra taunts Roxanne, saying that she won't dare to use her remaining 3 armful of blades all at once.
    Roxanne counters this is the end, but she just wants to play for a while longer.
    Hysteria thinks she has cornered Miria who is standing on the last strand of hair.
    As everyone channels their yoki into the hair, Miria declares that her companions are her wings.
    Go! shouts Deneve.
    The Flying Mirage ... !!

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I would call the "spoiler thread" the official thread...then again, I think the problem is having so many specific threads for so many things in the first place (why a whole thread just for spoilers? isn't that what the 123/124 prediction thread is for?)

Anyway, at least we can, supposedly, talk freely here.

And just to repeat myself, 'The Flying Mirage' should be Miria's new superhero name; start making those youtube-videos!

(*Is all too aware he's basically talking to himself)
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread will be renamed soon to Claymore 124 Disc / 125 Pred Thread. There is spoiler policy on MH that you can't discuss the newest chapter without using spoiler tags (unless chapter is older than 24 hours) outside of threads such as these. Here we can discuss without spoiler tags the moment it's opened.

As for the chapter, I don't like it at all. Firstly, where are these deaths Deneve was talking about? At least some of them should be dead by now, especially since Hysteria declared she will kill everyone besides Nike. I also don't like when protagonists win by opponents going dumber. It's always much easier to make an opponent to do a stupid thing than the hero do a brilliant thing. I don't buy the explanation "Hysteria is too prideful to attack someone other than Miria", that's just silly. Helen should be dead by now, instead Hysteria keeps ignoring her. And the rest is left undisturbed too. What's more after all this time she still didn't cut all the threads that allow Miria to 'fly' (although this idea -Anastasia's super hair - is stupid as a whole but I'll ignore it).

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Miria keeping up with Hysteria also doesn't make any sense. There is no excuse "Hysteria is playing with Miria" now. Clearly Hysteria wants to catch and kill Miria but she can't. And the idea Yagi ended this chapter with (Miria becoming an arrow) is the most stupid of all. By the time they would pull the string Hysteria should have be where they were and cut it killing everyone. Well, I'll grant him that the idea in itself is interesting but it would make sense only if someone would occupy Hysteria. Instead, we're left to believe that whole group managed to perfectly coordinate in the midst of battle (which wouldn't be an easy thing, not only Cynthia needed to synchronize youki but also they had to synchronize the strength they were pulling the strings). But it turns out they could do all that faster than Hysteria could fly/run *sigh*.
    Last edited by Goral; March 01, 2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Added some things

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmm...it does suddenly seem silly that Hysteria is focusing solely on Miria when, just last chapter, she had Anastasia at death's door in deadly promise...it's that kind of manipulation that makes me think she's too smart to get herself into something stupid like what Miria has in mind.

By at any rate, she was focusing on all of them last chapter and now seemingly is focusing solely on Miria....yeah, that does seem a little strange when the other warriors seem to just be standing around in one spot this chapter, leaving themselves completely open.

I stand by what I said that, even if she is still vain, it's presumptious to say that, that also means she'd fall for something dumb like Miria's plan, when they are two completely different things (her smarts and her vanity)...still doesn't change though that her focusing only on Miria in this chapter is pretty dumb -___-.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

And Hysteria supposedly 'playing' with Miria seems pretty dumb too....by now, especially after, you know, getting killed by her...you'd think she would understand how much of a threat Miria is.

Hysteria seems to jump back and forth too much between being serious and playing around, like she can't make her up her mind....you might simply call that arrogance, but their comes a point where that's just stupidity and you are making obvious mistakes again and again...Miria is a threat, the other warriors are just standing there, it's silly to fight the other ZAOs, it's silly to be there in the first place....these are all things I believe Hysteria is smart enough to understand; for some reason, she's simply not doing them.

You may say it's simply her vanity at play, but again, it just seems to pop up sporadically at some points; I don't want to call it that, but some people may say it's merely convenience for the Ghosts and others...

And going back to 'The Flying Mirage"...It'll probably grow on me, but it just seems funny right now how truly superhero-ish Miria has been acting lately; you could say her carebear-tendencies have always been similar, but now she is doing poses and everything...paint a Superhero emblem over her symbol, and she's all ready XD
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

There is also the Dietrich (Dee) thing that makes this chapter silly. She was supposed to be seriously injured an yet she was strong enough to walk by herself and help with pulling an 'arrow'. And I'm not sure but it looks like Helen's range of stretching her limbs is overpowered.

The only part of this chapter I did like was Roxy vs. Cassie fight. I like Roxanne's ability, even tohugh as Ryus pointed out on AS it is a bit similar to Destroyer's. But it's a coll ability nonetheless and very difficult to avoid.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehh, mass shooting of projectiles is nothing new...I suppose though mass on this scale is definitely like Raciella - I definitely understand though that some people say this isn't necessarily representing her mimicry, and could just be a standard attack; after all, again, shooting lots of blasts like this is nothing new....hopefully though, as I said before, we'll see much creativity coming from her -- considering her potential and mimicry as a warrior, I'm hoping to see many unique abilities coming from her: much adaptability, like Isley.

Hysteria and Cassandra on the other hand don't have as much creativity and simply focus on pure performance in their respective categories: Strength for Cassie, Speed for Hysty. Cassie doesn't seemingly have many attacks but her raw power just tears at everything, whereas Hysteria now has wings and is fast enough to out manuever just about everything.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    Not sure if I would call the "spoiler thread" the official thread...then again, I think the problem is having so many specific threads for so many things in the first place (why a whole thread just for spoilers? isn't that what the 123/124 prediction thread is for?)

Anyway, at least we can, supposedly, talk freely here.

And just to repeat myself, 'The Flying Mirage' should be Miria's new superhero name; start making those youtube-videos!

(*Is all too aware he's basically talking to himself)
    Spoilers are only to be discussed in Spoilers Thread. You can discuss spoilers freely in these threads. No need to use tags. Once chapter or HQ raws comes out, the spoiler thread is converted Disc/Pred threads. At that point, 24-Hours rules (as mentioned in opening post) is enforced. I am sure you realize that not everyone likes to read spoilers. Therefore, MH has 24-Hours rule.

I hope it clears up things here. If you still have any question, feel free to PM me or any other Global / Admin.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder though what will Roxanne do once she runs out of these projectiles. Hopefully she will have something else up her sleeve, otherwise it would be really disappointing. For now I still think she's the most powerful of the three but I guess we'll see. Anyway, I would prefer that Hysteria vs. Miria fight would end as soon as possible since I already see that the more it lasts the more stupid it becomes. So Yagi should just make Hysteria cut her limbs and wing off just to give a handicap to Miria (after all, he thinks that Hysteria being prideful is an excuse for every stupid thing Hysteria does) and die. That way we could return to more interesting things like the other fight that's going on a village and a half away from here or what MiB are doing or what's Raftela, the twins and other Claymores doing or (most of all) what's going on in Rabona. I'll repeat it till it happens - we need Clare back.
    Last edited by Goral; March 01, 2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: clarifying

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clear-up - I'm new around here, go easy on me :P

What I'm hoping next to see from Hysteria is arms, once she has that, she'll truly be 'complete'; then again, it doesn't necessarily have to happen right here and now and can come later.

But I feel the same way Gooral...right now, I'm starting to feel this is just dragging on for too long; I expected their to be a scene-change to Claire or somebody in order to make tension, but I figured now it's not gonna happen because it would leave to much hanging in the air and Yagi perhaps wants to make way to give 100% focus on Claire and Priscilla when the time is right...

However, I'm starting to honestly not care anymore - whatever happens, I'm hoping that some sort of resolution happens to everything at Staff soon, whether naturally or just a scene-change or break inbetween, because I'm honestly getting tired....I want to see the Rabona Girls, especially Claire....just something else for a change.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Ugh, this is essentially just a talk between you and me....we need more people >_<

Ah...welcome to MH . Do not forget to visit Rules, News and Info section. |toc

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

Glad other people are noted how silly Hysteria's single mindedness is. Pride or whatever shouldn't make her completely devoid of a brain. She seems to have no problem figuring out ways to transform her body in order to continuously maintain and evolve her use of speed. Yet for all her intelligence and battle savy it really feels like she's being set up to die or at least be severely injured n a really stupid way. Let's just pray that she doesn't get killed off too soon.

So as not to go back to the old topic

@Shiek927

Your comment about Roxanne being able to kill off Cassandra easily at any time is alittle silly. The very concept of the Abyssal ones has to do with them all being of comparable power. If any one of them were so much stronger then the other that they could just 'kill' them then there wouldn't be much of a fight to begin with. It would much more similar to Priscella fighting Alicia and Beth, she played around but when she got serious for even a moment it was all over. Roxanne has struggled in this fight and taken her share of damage as has Cassandra.

Cass and Roxy are equals and for one of them to really win they're going to have to take some critical damage, just like when Isley took on Luciela. There's no easy win in Abyssal vs Abyssal, which is why it's so interesting for us reader's.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Comparable yes....comparable - Isley and Alicia were both stronger then Riful or Luciella despite all falling into the same category, plus their are other factors like Cassandra's mental state.....Roxanne hasn't lost any of her cleverness whereas Cassandra is now just a rampaging bull - even if their are minor differences in power, she should be able to squash Cassandra is she merely plays her cards right....unfortunately, she's too busy 'having fun' and that could very well be the thing that kills her.

Have to go to bed, will try to reply more tomorrow

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those points are moot

No Abyssal one has ever gone beast mode on one of their own, only Priscella has ever had that kind of power. Isley after fighting Luciella was almost dead himself, he didn't just 'toy around' because he couldn't and neither can Roxanne. Riful was already quite injured from the Abyssal feeders AND was fighting an awakened being specifically designed and honed for killing its own kind. Roxanne does not have the luxury of being custom made by human researcher's. both Isley and Riful had said it themselves, a fight between Abyssal ones is an uncertain thing, there is not clear winner every single time and everything shown to us so far support's the idea that battle between Abyssals' are a coin toss.

Cassandra isn't a raging bull AT ALL ^^ trashing talking alone proves that she knows what she's doing. Her personality did a 180 but that doesn't mean that she's some kind of rage driven retard. Beserker's tend to attack and attack and keep attacking without much regard for technique of defense. prime example: Clare attacking Priscella in a rage even while the destroyer was firing death rods all around them. She dodged only enough to save her life one time and took every other attack, she didn't use a single technique or skill she learned, no quick sword no wind cutter, just plain old swinging and Yoki release until she calmed down enough to try to awaken. THAT was raging bull aggression, Cass is in control,she's just being a b**ch.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Pooooorrrrr....... O_O Another chapter of transition. Waiting for a chapter....waiting for a mounth.....It's orrible to see too many transition chapters. Bla bla bla...words...words....nothing to see, a part the same scenes.

What the hell is this? Where is Priscilla? Why this battle is so long?

25. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the pics.
    Can someone help me???

New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast