Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fraktur's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

for some reason this batoto site never works for me

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've added the alternative. http://www.mangarush.com/manga/claymore/124/p-1
    And as I've stated here, Batoto link will become valid once it's checked by a moderator.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fraktur View Post
    for some reason this batoto site never works for me
    Try it again right now. The actual batoto link wasn't working for me, but I refreshed just now and it seems to have finished parsing, so refresh.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner fraktur's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

some pages (the dietrich/cynthia talk) are missing on mangarush (you may have already updated that one though)

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooops:

I'll fix it ASAP, for now I'm posting missing pages separately.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?b6h3r8be1zeb396

Edit 2: Read Online.
    Last edited by Goral; March 05, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

lol

Yeah, it's missing from the Batoto link as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner New's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Ooops:

I'll fix it ASAP, for now I'm posting missing pages separately.
    No wonder I was confused when everyone was posing. Felt like I was Hysteria for a moment.

I hope Miria's plan fails, because that would bring up the chances that she will have to half-awaken to finish the fight. Yagi has been dangling the thought for the past few chapters.
    CHOCOLATE!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a pretty decent chapter. Though I gotta say, Hysteria is probably the weakest AO out of the six. She's more of an annoyance than a threat. I wish Yagi would focus more on Cassy vs Roxie as this is probably the only AO fight we will ever see since he kind of jipped us on Isley vs Luciela. Other than that, not great but not terrible.
    Last edited by eefrit; March 05, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that chapter was pretty weak. This back and forth between Miria and Hysteria is more like a battle between highly, highly, overrated Claymore. Hysteria had all this play up and she turned out to be a huge let down. Miria, who is supposed to be such a brilliant strategist can't even lure Hysteria into a trap. This entire chapter hinged upon tension brought about by the strategic need to trap Hysteria between Cassandra and Roxanne and it didn't deliver. You know what happens in a suspense where there is tension but no release? It doesn't do what it's supposed to and neither did this chapter. And that BS ending from Miria, "My friends are my wings" or something like that. And here I thought I was a troll.

Looks like I won't need to DL this one.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    I have to say that chapter was pretty weak. This back and forth between Miria and Hysteria is more like a battle between highly, highly, overrated Claymore. Hysteria had all this play up and she turned out to be a huge let down. Miria, who is supposed to be such a brilliant strategist can't even lure Hysteria into a trap. This entire chapter hinged upon tension brought about by the strategic need to trap Hysteria between Cassandra and Roxanne and it didn't deliver. You know what happens in a suspense where there is tension but no release? It doesn't do what it's supposed to and neither did this chapter. And that BS ending from Miria, "My friends are my wings" or something like that. And here I thought I was a troll.

Looks like I won't need to DL this one.
    I think the conversation was dragging it...I mean this rivalry or enmity between these two was pretty much explained when their pasts were shown...so there's nothing more to add really and this chapter proved it...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've updated all the links so you can read chapter online on Batoto or Mangarush or download it via Mediafire.

Anyway, I love Gernot's comment when he points out that Miria mentioned Hysteria's name and she didn't even flinch (and she made us believe it was so important to her). Hence I've included it in scanlation.

I would also like to point out that Deneve's comment: "From here on, we can't afford to lose anyone!" sounds funny when you take into account what she said in the last chapter, i.e. that in a battle casualties are certain. Yagi trolled us all, many of us wished that someone would lose plot armor and die when he wrote that but this chapter shows the brutal truth - no one or almost no one will die. The worst thing about this chapter was Deneve of course and her comments. "Hysteria won't attack us if we won't interfere". Firstly, how can she be so sure, secondly Helen messes with her and isn't attacked, thirdly it's just stupid reasoning.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. D.: ... the only one who can follow Hysteria's movements is Miria.
    Helen: Not really, I can do that too.

Why do villains have to hold the Idiot Ball? You can tell Hysteria's "high level of pride derived from her own sense of aesthetics" (wtf does that even mean?) is going to be her downfall, and Yagi is pushing that full throttle.

Yes yes, freshly awakened, mind still a chaotic mess... or not. Hysteria is just having fun. Shame really. She was positively terrifying right after awakening, but now she looks like a joke.

Does anyone consider her to be an actual Abyssal One (power-wise)?

Cassandra's attitude (you're nothing but shit) made it seem like she was vastly above Roxanne, and was just playing with her. But Roxanne actually looked to be winning this chapter, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Isn't the Dust Eater technique mostly meant to dismember? Roxanne's legs look really scrawny, like they could break if you just poked them, so I'm wondering why Cassandra is not going after them.

Probably just playing. After all Roxanne is. So is Hysteria. Hell, everyone is having a good time!

A final question, what the hell are Miria and the others doing in the last panel? Launching her at super high speed in the middle of Roxie and Cassie?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Dr. D.: ... the only one who can follow Hysteria's movements is Miria.
    Helen: Not really, I can do that too.

Why do villains have to hold the Idiot Ball? You can tell Hysteria's "high level of pride derived from her own sense of aesthetics" (wtf does that even mean?) is going to be her downfall, and Yagi is pushing that full throttle.

Yes yes, freshly awakened, mind still a chaotic mess... or not. Hysteria is just having fun. Shame really. She was positively terrifying right after awakening, but now she looks like a joke.

Does anyone consider her to be an actual Abyssal One (power-wise)?

Cassandra's attitude (you're nothing but shit) made it seem like she was vastly above Roxanne, and was just playing with her. But Roxanne actually looked to be winning this chapter, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Isn't the Dust Eater technique mostly meant to dismember? Roxanne's legs look really scrawny, like they could break if you just poked them, so I'm wondering why Cassandra is not going after them.

Probably just playing. After all Roxanne is. So is Hysteria. Hell, everyone is having a good time!

A final question, what the hell are Miria and the others doing in the last panel? Launching her at super high speed in the middle of Roxie and Cassie?

What that mean is Hysteria is so prideful that she dose cant think of anything else except for beating Miria...because Miria challenged her speed.

and remember how she said that Hysteria would follow her no matter what so if she flings herself into the middle of cassy and Roxanne then Hysteria would follow. and Miria hope that she will get hurt by the other AO

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fenrir_validnri's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I made it to this forum, sad to see animesuki go in some ways, but at least most of the regulars are here.

As for the chapter, I agree that this confrontation felt rather dragged out. Cassandra vs Roxanne looks to be in Cassandra's favor at the moment, but I think Roxanne is just trying to lure her in when Cassandra thinks she has the advantage.

I don't feel Hysteria's pride/aesthetic sense is being exaggerated; it is what got her killed initially, and is also the reason she was slowing herself down when she first awakened. Her focusing on Miria isn't that unbelievable, since Miria is the one that "killed" her before and is the only one that can even begin to approach her current speed.

I find it pretty interesting that Hysteria appears to be able to adapt her form to suit her needs in a way that is a bit reminiscent of Isley's shape shifting arms. A lot of the battle with the new Abyssal Ones seems to revolve around them discovering their own newly awakened capabilities.

I just get the feeling this plan won't pull through in the end, maybe at best it will get Hysteria injured so that they can actually fight her.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great post Dark Knight, kudos. IMO the best one so far, witty and funny at the same time.

One other thing that annoyed me in this chapter was the overuse of exclamation marks. It reminded me of Bleach. First we have Roxanne going "!", then Cassandra, then Cassandra goes "!" and "!!", then Roxanne goes "!", then Cassandra again, then finally Roxanne, lol. And with each exclamation mark it's suggested that the opponent has the upper hand, at least I interpret it like that. No matter what exclamation mark means it's a fact that in each panel once Roxanne laughs, then she has a serious face and looks afraid and Cassandra laughs, then Cassandra looks afraid and Roxanne laughs and so forth. Is Claymore supposed to be a comedy series or what? Where is the awesome direction and brilliant presentation of two worthy opponents as it was when Isley fought Luciella? By showing less Yagi made their fight epic making readers to imagine how the fight must have looked like after seeing the aftermath and destroyed area of humongous proportions. Now it's "you're shitty shit who eats shit" and "buahaha, I'm only screwing with you, let me show you how I fight at 200% power output". Really Yagi? With every chapter as weak as this one my love for Claymore dies.

@Dark Night
    Judging by the fact that Miria ignored Hysteria I'm pretty sure she's going where Cassie and Roxy are fighting, nothing else would make sense. She's certainly not escaping and she's not attacking and it's the only place where Hysteria could be injured. (so far Miria nor others couldn't do much to her). Still I don't see how that could help her against Hysteria with wings. And if anyone should be minced it's Miria not Hysteria, unless Miria would reach an impossible speed and just whiz through 2 ZAOs (like a driver going over 300 mph through a busy intersection would be more likely to go past it without collision then a driver going 50 mph, although if he would have an accident he would surely die while the other one would have some chances of surviving).

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast