Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

19 40.43%
  • Fair

20 42.55%
  • Poor

8 17.02%
New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Claymore 124 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 124 Discussion / 125 Predictions

I don't get it, so what's your question?

Claire and Priscilla are beyond huge - Yagi is probably doing as much as he can before tackling that particular can of worms.

Doesn't bother me since I don't see Claire as the main character in the first place, though at this point, I'm also getting anxious to see her and finally understand all these truths.

Hopefully Yagi doesn't muck up; this is a big chance to streamline and deliver many well-deserved answers - it's a lose/lose situation in a lot of ways, but it pays to be positive and see what he does and why.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Louvre's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we will ever see something related to dragons and the war at the other continent .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    Well this is just my personal opinion, like it or not ^^

She's is a spoiled brat and that all she is portrayed as. Her entire persona was wrapped around her bratty behavior in fact, she never actually had a bad guy sort of feel even when she was killing people, somehow all of it just seemed remarkably petty. That's fine really for her Claymore persona but the kicker for me is that after she awakened she's exactly the same. There was no change or extreme made to her personality at all, and I really don't feel her pre-awakened persona was already so wicked that turning into a massive flesh eating super monster would cause absolutely zero change in her, especially newly awakened as she is. Its one of many aspects that feels like it was lazily done to me.

Oh and she wasn't pretty as a Claymore as so many swear up and down, she was gaudy, the sort of girl who tries way to hard to get noticed. Flora was pretty, Roxanne was just 'eh'.
    oh dont get me wrong i was asking cuz i wanted to know if everyone liked her that would be pretty boring.....

i kinda love her lol. i agree with you that she has a "bratty" attatuide almost like she feels she is entitled to everything. but i have to disagree with you on the aspect of it being all her personality is about.....the fact that she did not change after awakening just proves that she was always a "monster" in terms of personality ......that is proven even more in cassandra a girl who was timid and shy as a Warrior , yet once she awakened her personality 180'ed.

And i guess its just different guys like different girls cuz i always thought flora was one of the less attractive ones her hair made her face look funny.

now do you think there was a personality change in Hysteria ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, preferably never -- unless their's going to be a seperate sequal, I hope we never see such things; Claymore has already deviated from it's roots enough as it is already.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't see Claire as the main character
    Clare is the main main character

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    oh dont get me wrong i was asking cuz i wanted to know if everyone liked her that would be pretty boring.....

i kinda love her lol. i agree with you that she has a "bratty" attatuide almost like she feels she is entitled to everything. but i have to disagree with you on the aspect of it being all her personality is about.....the fact that she did not change after awakening just proves that she was always a "monster" in terms of personality ......that is proven even more in cassandra a girl who was timid and shy as a Warrior , yet once she awakened her personality 180'ed.

And i guess its just different guys like different girls cuz i always thought flora was one of the less attractive ones her hair made her face look funny.

now do you think there was a personality change in Hysteria ?
    That's the thing, she doesn't seem monstrous at all, she still just seems like a self entitled brat. She doesn't even seem more self entitled and bratty then she was...she doesn't seem more anything except physically bigger. We can use the excuse that it's because she was already somewhat 'monstrous' but that just strikes me as lazy writing. We fans will always make a reason for the things we like but in this case I find her lacking.

Hysteria did change in fact, that was the other part i mentioned when i said 'extreme'. She went from a baby narcissist to a full out god complex and any sense of honor she had went right out the window, she's also showing herself to be a rather big bully.

Roxanne on the other hand was a brat and is still a brat. Honestly i was hoping that she would have crossed the line into a straight out sociopath. Awakened personalities don't always 180 but there are some differences that turn man/woman into monster. That difference for me is what separates the concept of awakening from the concept of a simple transformation power up. Since Roxy lacks that little something for me she's kind of nothing more then a glorified power ranger. I really expected a lot more from her character.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And then Galatea, Clarice, and Miata appear out of nowhere to help everyone....lol I wish the Rabona crew needs moar love that fat blob at the city limits too.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the thing, she doesn't seem monstrous at all, she still just seems like a self entitled brat. She doesn't even seem more self entitled and bratty then she was...she doesn't seem more anything except physically bigger. We can use the excuse that it's because she was already somewhat 'monstrous' but that just strikes me as lazy writing. We fans will always make a reason for the things we like but in this case I find her lacking.

Hysteria did change in fact, that was the other part i mentioned when i said 'extreme'. She went from a baby narcissist to a full out god complex and any sense of honor she had went right out the window, she's also showing herself to be a rather big bully.

Roxanne on the other hand was a brat and is still a brat. Honestly i was hoping that she would have crossed the line into a straight out sociopath. Awakened personalities don't always 180 but there are some differences that turn man/woman into monster. That difference for me is what separates the concept of awakening from the concept of a simple transformation power up. Since Roxy lacks that little something for me she's kind of nothing more then a glorified power ranger. I really expected a lot more from her character.
    i can see were your coming from.....but i still say she has more to her......but she very well could just be a self centered bitch. i would like to see more about her "relationships" cuz out of all the Warriors in Claymore she dose seem like she is Homosexual and i would love to know what she and Cassandra did while "sharing the same pillow"........ and the fact that she can befriend people even after she was considered creepy by other warriors proves she has a manipulative and cunning side to her.

And i agree hold crap Hysteria has a complex alright...and her pride was givin a major boost when she awakened.

now could you answer something for me back in the chapter were be are learning about Roxanne's past the person narrating it says " this is something roxanne told me after cassandras death , but even when she was number 35 Roxanne was endowed with a wonderful ability to synchronize her yoki, and that is connected to her effective aquasition of other peoples every technique,...but by this time roxanne had developed a technique that allowed her to hide her yoki from a single target" --------------------what i want to know is who the hell is telling that story ? who is it thats telling us about Roxanne????

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would love to know what she and Cassandra did while "sharing the same pillow"
    I know what i would have done

now could you answer something for me back in the chapter were be are learning about Roxanne's past the person narrating it says " this is something roxanne told me after cassandras death , but even when she was number 35 Roxanne was endowed with a wonderful ability to synchronize her yoki, and that is connected to her effective aquasition of other peoples every technique,...but by this time roxanne had developed a technique that allowed her to hide her yoki from a single target" --------------------what i want to know is who the hell is telling that story ? who is it thats telling us about Roxanne????
    Muddy translation. The other way you can read it is. "This is something Roxanne said after Cassandra's death". what is is supposed to imply is that the knowledge had become something known to at least some living characters of the time. Weather they be other claymores or agents of the organization we are supposed to infer that this knowledge of her ability is 'on record' and not a hidden aspect that characters who are properly knowledgeable like Dae for example would not know.

The perspective that we are taking in these narrations is third person omnipresent. This means that the narrator itself is an ambiguous undefined entity that can at any time know the thoughts, feelings and motives and every other aspect of any character at any time.

Omnipresent leaves no room for discussion

meaning that if it's stated that Roxanne had ability _____ at the time then she indeed did have this ability. We should not infer that she had any other abilities at this point unless specified by the narrator or recanted at a later time.

Another example is Cassandra's sword technique did not match up to no.5 Elizabeth, this specifically means what it says. you should not infer any other limitations or advantages. Thoughts like "She was holding back her sword skill" are therefore impossible but this only applies the the single aspect of sword skill unless recanted at a later time.

Emotions and motives fall under this same unalienable perspective clause unless left ambiguous by the narrator. In picture based story telling there are many ambiguous moments based upon facial expressions and actions which are often intuitively considered by the audience rather then defined in the narration.

Keep in mind that this qualifies almost exclusively to the third person omnipresent writing perspective.

Now the real question is why did i just go all lit teacher when I'm not even working lol

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Clare is the main main character

You made me laugh, you remembered that conversation XDXDXD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what i would have done

Muddy translation. The other way you can read it is. "This is something Roxanne said after Cassandra's death". what is is supposed to imply is that the knowledge had become something known to at least some living characters of the time. Weather they be other claymores or agents of the organization we are supposed to infer that this knowledge of her ability is 'on record' and not a hidden aspect that characters who are properly knowledgeable like Dae for example would not know.

The perspective that we are taking in these narrations is third person omnipresent. This means that the narrator itself is an ambiguous undefined entity that can at any time know the thoughts, feelings and motives and every other aspect of any character at any time.

Omnipresent leaves no room for discussion

meaning that if it's stated that Roxanne had ability _____ at the time then she indeed did have this ability. We should not infer that she had any other abilities at this point unless specified by the narrator or recanted at a later time.

Another example is Cassandra's sword technique did not match up to no.5 Elizabeth, this specifically means what it says. you should not infer any other limitations or advantages. Thoughts like "She was holding back her sword skill" are therefore impossible but this only applies the the single aspect of sword skill unless recanted at a later time.

Emotions and motives fall under this same unalienable perspective clause unless left ambiguous by the narrator. In picture based story telling there are many ambiguous moments based upon facial expressions and actions which are often intuitively considered by the audience rather then defined in the narration.

Keep in mind that this qualifies almost exclusively to the third person omnipresent writing perspective.

Now the real question is why did i just go all lit teacher when I'm not even working lol

must be second nature but thank you for clearing that up for me

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like i found another place for claymore discussion, after the collapse of the animesuki thread

clare is just going to get yagi-zoned until aforementioned troll comes up with something more interesting, which i doubt he will for 10 more chapters.

until then, looks like its "the adventures of the flying miria and the claymores that never f**king die". ugh, how boring....

New Reply
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17