Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week ~

Well i will ask here once again and maybe cnet will get my request...

In his translation of chapter 655 he is talking about more than one samurai... While other translators aren't doing so... even if I usually trust cnet more...

DenDenMushi: They're cutting us down one after another... It's no use...!! // The samurai are gonna kill us all~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!! *pant*...

But with the current chapter we know that head samurai was the attacker and that he was alone in his prison after being cut by someone in several parts... All we know he is searching for his kidnapped son and some people think the pair of legs are the son, cuz he uses the term "Buuh" at the... Like someone pointed out... The term Buuh is used in japanese for farting... Which would make sense for pair of legs, cuz he has no head... So I say the pair of legs are the head samurai as well, cuz he mentioned the Shichibukai as well...

And that means we only have this ONE samurai and the kidnapped son, where I doubt that he is matured teen and that he was with his father at the attack in chapter 655... So could it be that cnet translated it wrong and there was only ONE samurai who attacked the guy in chapter 655?

Cuz a lot of people are thinking that there are plenty of samurai out there

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week ~

Perhaps each of those 2 made a mess of his own. Until Law cut them or something. Well, Law or whoever the new Shichibukai who has a power similar to Laws' is

The guy phoning could have used plural knowing that there's more than one samurai on the island. The fact he used plural doesn't have to mean that more than one of them was attacking him at the time.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

For all we know it could also be some sort of illusion, like the Zanzouken technique in Dragon Ball used by Goku and Roshi in the first Budokai final.

We don't have a raw here, but the transscript (which comes from APForums' spoiler section):
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by hoeru; February 20, 2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: wrong conclusion

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Perhaps each of those 2 made a mess of his own. Until Law cut them or something. Well, Law or whoever the new Shichibukai who has a power similar to Laws' is

The guy phoning could have used plural knowing that there's more than one samurai on the island. The fact he used plural doesn't have to mean that more than one of them was attacking him at the time.
    Like I said, I doubt that pair of legs and head are different people... As well as I doubt that the kidnapped son was meant

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RafiDe's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe we got this on the wrong direction, we see it was the attacker df ability that keep the samurai alive after being cut to pieces, but there a possibility that it was the samurai df ability itself that keep him alive. a df similar to buggy df, my guess is puzzle or lego df.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RafiDe View Post
    maybe we got this on the wrong direction, we see it was the attacker df ability that keep the samurai alive after being cut to pieces, but there a possibility that it was the samurai df ability itself that keep him alive. a df similar to buggy df, my guess is puzzle or lego df.
    No i don't think that's an option 'cause remember even the samurai was surprised by the fact that he was cut and he was still alive, he even considered that a disgrace for him as a samurai. And i personally don't think the samurai has a DF ability. Seeing as he's so old fashioned i doubt he would rely on a DF . At least that's how i see it

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely believe there's at least two samurai. The legs portion with Luffy and the head portion with Sanji both speak differently. Furthermore, I think we can assume they were cut by the same ability. If we assume that this ability belonged to a single individual and not an ability belonging to artifacts being controlled by individuals then we can assume they were both attacked by the same person. The legs recognized a Shichibukai and the head stated he did not know who cut him down. Therefore at least two samurai, though there are a lot of assumptions.

Now for my opinion part: Someone sent out a distress signal on a mini den den saying the crew was being slaughtered. We know that this isn't a marine base, so by crew it probably means pirates. That means the Shichibukai is stationed there for some reason and not merely passing through. The way the samurai describes coming to the island, I get the idea that his son came to the island probably just to battle strong opponents or earn himself some fame and got in over his head. His dad came looking for him and got in over his head as well. So is the Shichibukai good or evil? He (could be she) is raising baby giants. We aren't sure if the giants are all at least four years old, so the children could be being raised as an army, sold for slaves, or simply are being taken care of real nice like. So why did the SHs get captured? They were obviously canidates for something since they wouldn't be missed. The children are probably going to be used for some purpose as well since they were so close to the SHs prison. Next is how many groups are on the island: SHs, Samurai, Smoker, Shichibukai, Bio Suits, giant babies and a Harpy with no bio suit. Are more than one of these groups related? Seeing as how the island is split in two, and the samurai are split in two, perhaps theres some sort of theme?

I suppose one thing I have to address because everyone else has is who is the Shichibukai and what sort of cutting ability is being used. I don't think it's Law personally because I think he would have to actually be there in the "room" to really keep the individual like that. I think he can manipulate matter inside of the room he makes and he just happens to be a great swordsman, as opposed to a guy that can slice things all the time while keeping them alive all the time. I think there's probably a new Shichibukai with a different ability that grants a similar ability to Law in this one sense. The best question to ask is, what could it bring to the plot by introducing Buggy or Law as a Shichibukai at this point in the NW?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    I suppose one thing I have to address because everyone else has is who is the Shichibukai and what sort of cutting ability is being used. I don't think it's Law personally because I think he would have to actually be there in the "room" to really keep the individual like that. I think he can manipulate matter inside of the room he makes and he just happens to be a great swordsman, as opposed to a guy that can slice things all the time while keeping them alive all the time. I think there's probably a new Shichibukai with a different ability that grants a similar ability to Law in this one sense. The best question to ask is, what could it bring to the plot by introducing Buggy or Law as a Shichibukai at this point in the NW?
    Law indeed creates a room to cut people up but it is not necessary for him to keep the target in that room the entire time for the cutting to still be effective. We already saw that after he cuts the target and makes the exchange he releases that room look here and on the next page as well so he can be the Shichibukai in question IMO

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Well i will ask here once again and maybe cnet will get my request...

In his translation of chapter 655 he is talking about more than one samurai... While other translators aren't doing so... even if I usually trust cnet more...

DenDenMushi: They're cutting us down one after another... It's no use...!! // The samurai are gonna kill us all~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!! *pant*...

But with the current chapter we know that head samurai was the attacker and that he was alone in his prison after being cut by someone in several parts... All we know he is searching for his kidnapped son and some people think the pair of legs are the son, cuz he uses the term "Buuh" at the... Like someone pointed out... The term Buuh is used in japanese for farting... Which would make sense for pair of legs, cuz he has no head... So I say the pair of legs are the head samurai as well, cuz he mentioned the Shichibukai as well...

And that means we only have this ONE samurai and the kidnapped son, where I doubt that he is matured teen and that he was with his father at the attack in chapter 655... So could it be that cnet translated it wrong and there was only ONE samurai who attacked the guy in chapter 655?

Cuz a lot of people are thinking that there are plenty of samurai out there
    I replied yesterday,but it seems that someone has deleted our posts again. there are 2 samurai,imo. the 2-legs is the one who says "buuuuuuuu" and the head with sanji is another one looking for his son. by the way,we are missing the upper-body...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Punk hazard could be the place where aokiji and akainu had their fight. I think because nobody is allowed to go in this island, they have choosen this place to fight. It will explain why one part of the island is a burning city and a volcano and the other part an ice mountain.

We don t know for sure if sanji nami are still in the same island, but Maybe aokiji came to stop that seems to be human experiments ( the children we saw could have been knidnaoped, like the samourai son).
    My theory explains the geogrphy of the island. We dont know why nobody is allowed is the island for four years.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Verrio View Post
    Punk hazard could be the place where aokiji and akainu had their fight. I think because nobody is allowed to go in this island, they have choosen this place to fight. It will explain why one part of the island is a burning city and a volcano and the other part an ice mountain.

We don t know for sure if sanji nami are still in the same island, but Maybe aokiji came to stop that seems to be human experiments ( the children we saw could have been knidnaoped, like the samourai son).
    My theory explains the geogrphy of the island. We dont know why nobody is allowed is the island for four years.
    nice theory,but unlikely. if a fight such that had happened 2 years ago,smoker and his men wouldn't refer to that island for an incident which happened 4 years ago,they would refer to the one which made the island half-volcano and half-frozen.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I replied yesterday,but it seems that someone has deleted our posts again. there are 2 samurai,imo. the 2-legs is the one who says "buuuuuuuu" and the head with sanji is another one looking for his son. by the way,we are missing the upper-body...
    Like I said... The pair of legs doesn't have to be another person cuz the term Buuuu is realted to farting... And well he has no head and can still speak.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It was also say that Bu was a samurai pattern speech. And there are other indices that would imply 2 persons. The different objective, the fact that they are both able to speak, the fact that one knows the shichibukai and not the other...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the head and legs are one and it seems to know how to use haki.. the only thing bugging me is how can the legs talk without a mouth? My guess is that the shichibukai is kidnapping kids around the world (mostly giants maybe because they are stronger and can live longer) to train them as warriors, sell them for money and most preferably use them as test subjects for some wild experiments... there's a high chance Law could be the shichibukai based on the abilities it used against the samurai.. maybe he idolized vegapunk and now he's helping him.. the government closed the area to hide it from the world.. the suit guys are guards and the harpy could be one of the shichibukai's crewmate.. robin said that punk hazard is an ice island (vegapunk was born in a winter island) and the flames are caused by something.. lastly i think there's a connection between wano and giants.. this arc's theme would be puzzle and Oda is is trying to mindfuck us lol
    Last edited by VegetarianWolf; February 20, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll post it once more; Oda has stated that you cannot have two people with the same ability. Therefore, if you take into consideration that the head is missing a torso and legs, and the legs are missing a torso and head, not to mention how close the abilities are into relation to each other; there is really no other possibility than for them to be the same person, same ability. We do not know the full extent of this ability and perhaps it allows each body part to talk and move on its own, but severed body parts are too close in relation to be different abilities. It is already too close to Buggy's ability to begin with, but it would be too much of a coincidence for two similar abilities to be on the same island. After all, we have not seen that many variations in similar abilities, which is to say they are not only rare to exist at all, but astronomical to be in the same place.

New Reply
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast