Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2) , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    That doesn't make much sense. Someone would only need haki or a kairoseki weapon to smack Smoker to give him such a scar. It still can be Law - or any one else of the Supernova aside from Luffy and Zoro - whether or not Law became a Shichibukai doesn't matter at this point.

And again, Supernovas are only the 11 pirates from the sabaody archipelago. "Meganovas" don't exist. New Pirates from 30 to 400 Millions bounty are all called "rookies".
    false,supernovas are pirates with a bounty higher than 100 millions,who haven't entered into NW yet,someone may have even 800M,if he is still in Paradise,he remains a supernova. we know that the previous supernovas aren't supernovas anymore,since they entered to new world,current supernovas are Caribo and coribo,as Demaro Black said in volume 61. I know meganovas don't exist,i's just a way people use to refer to Supernovas with a bounty higher than 200M,although in the manga noone used that title.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

I don't even get why it should be one of the rookies that gave Smoker his scar. Give the man a little credit. New World is filled with veterans.
    Last edited by Razh; February 22, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week ~

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    9.brook-------------------- might defend the ship against smoker or tashigi.
    I can totally see this coming: Tashigi is on the Sunny, Brook is a ghost and haunts her with his favorite speeches...

"Excuse me, may I see your --silken socks--"
    "Can you lend me some money."

^_^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    false,supernovas are pirates with a bounty higher than 100 millions,who haven't entered into NW yet
    No hoeru is right here and you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yieps View Post
    Hmm, why are most theories and predictions for this arc solely based on previous events or old characters? Why not Zoi...eh assume Oda wants to slowly introduce the NW and the appropriate amount of new characters?
    If it was not about the power that reminds of Law devil fruit, I don't think people would speak about him. When the dragon first appeared there was a lot of discussion about him being a Zoan or not.
    And Oda likes making old characters reappear so it's normal we think about them first.
    Last edited by k-dom; February 22, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

About Smoker's scar i also think it would be pretty lame if he got that from some rookie . We have to take into account he's a logia so whoever did that to him must be someone with skill . I can't see Smoker being scared by a no name pirate.

Plus he was in the NW and in this sea only strong people reside so yeah it could be one of the pirate crews allied with WB , the ones we saw at MF for example

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    No hoeru is right here and you are wrong.
    argument a bit,please. I got what he menat,butpirates with a bounty of 30 M aren't supernovas,are just "novas". someone with a bounty of 20 M is a nova as well,contrariwise someone like Teach,whose bounty was 0,isn't a nova,cause he was in NW. I know rookies= novas,but he was wrong when he said that supernovas were just those 11,since caribo and coribo are supernovas now.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the term "The Eleven Supernovas" was just a term used to only describe those pirates that arrived on Sabaody Archipelago before the Whitebeard War with bounties over 100 million Beli (as hoeru stated). I didn't take it to mean a term used to generally describe a rookie with a bounty over 100 million Beli - wasn't it only used in a specific sense rather than for general use? So Caribou and Coribou don't really fit under the intended meaning of the "Supernova" term, and are just labelled famous/super rookies rather than Supernovas =/.

Anyway I may be wrong but does Nova = Rookie?
    Last edited by Syphin; February 22, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe nova is the name used in italian but it's not what is used by Oda so I don't know where your nova term is from. And caribou was never called a supernova.
    This was discussed already so I won't argument further here, but you are clearly extrapolating.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    About Smoker's scar i also think it would be pretty lame if he got that from some rookie . We have to take into account he's a logia so whoever did that to him must be someone with skill . I can't see Smoker being scared by a no name pirate.

Plus he was in the NW and in this sea only strong people reside so yeah it could be one of the pirate crews allied with WB , the ones we saw at MF for example
    Agreed, I would be personally disappointed if Smoker was injured by a rookie or some other unknown. I was kinda hoping that the scar and time passed over the timeskip would be recognized, but that remains to be seen.. If we are to assume that G-5 is further into the NW, it would make sense it's damage from fighting someone tough..... I guess if it's one of the 11 (9) Supernovas that could possibly be cool.... but it depends...

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    I thought the term "The Eleven Supernovas" was just a term used to only describe those pirates that arrived on Sabaody Archipelago before the Whitebeard War with bounties over 100 million Beli (as hoeru stated). I didn't take it to mean a term used to generally describe a rookie with a bounty over 100 million Beli - wasn't it only used in a specific sense rather than for general use? So Caribou and Coribou don't really fit under the intended meaning of the "Supernova" term, and are just labelled famous/super rookies rather than Supernovas =/.

It was indeed my understanding that the term used was Choshinsei, and that the 11 pirates who arrive at SA were the only ones up til now given that title.
    I thought the term Choshinsei was chosen to show the unnatural rise in status and power...

I sure hope Caribou isn't given the title.........
    Last edited by Poneglyph420; February 22, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post

Somebody must have mistaken Supernova for a title or formal designation when it was just a nickname. Eleven rookies with bounties of 100 million beri or more reach Sabaody at the same time was a very unusual feet, so they were given a nickname. Supernova is not a nickname given to every rookie with a 100 million beri bounty when they reach Sabaody.

Supernova is the violent, explosive death of a massive star. Nova means 'new' in Latin. The nickname is a pun that can be taken as a reference to their strength and bright future, or can mean "super new (rookie)" pirate.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week ~

Hmm, why are most theories and predictions for this arc solely based on previous events or old characters? Why not Zoi...eh assume Oda wants to slowly introduce the NW and the appropriate amount of new characters?
    1. because its the second half of grand line...there would lot of reccuring characters.

2. also lots of mysterious characters introduced before that havent been shown yet

3. i doubt there would be that many new significant characters...its the new world where pirates from the first half gone too...its just logical they would have a reunion there.

4. not too much time for one piece, its the last part of the journey and introducing many new significant characters that havent been mentioned before would have no time to develop imo....same reason why i think the last recruit are the characters that had been introduced before, no time to develop characters because as you can see, new world is one crazy turn of events after another....i doubt we would see many chapters to give strawhats time to relax or to develop a new character.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

but if law is the new shichibukai,then we have to look for another supernova who gave smoker that scar. at this point,I require a meganova (over 200M) then hawkins or Drake are the culprit,although it may have been a stronger enemy,not just a supernova.

im guessing that its that bastard blackbeard.

he gave shanks his scar.
    he killed thatch
    he killed and cockblocked whitebeard.
    he smoked ace.

only explanation why smoker got a scar imo...its too show how powerful kurohige is.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

argument a bit,please. I got what he menat,butpirates with a bounty of 30 M aren't supernovas,are just "novas". someone with a bounty of 20 M is a nova as well,contrariwise someone like Teach,whose bounty was 0,isn't a nova,cause he was in NW. I know rookies= novas,but he was wrong when he said that supernovas were just those 11,since caribo and coribo are supernovas now.
    ummm....caribou and other guys after luffy are not supernovas...they are just super rookies...

supernova is just a term given by media and public to the 11 rookies who entered the shabondy archipelago at same time frame who got bounties that exceed 100 million beli.

and all of those supernovas are not rookies anymore...its been 3 years in one piece world...(1 year + 2 year time skip)

those 11 are the only supernovas...its not even a group or faction...its just a term, no big deal.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The 11 Supernova + Smokers scar

Or some mod could move all those post to the "official" 11 Supernova thread, before the deletion starts. Hoero was at least so kind to post it in the convo thread... There wouldn't be such questions if people just took ten minutes to skim through the chapters, especially the one titles after those guys.

beck26
    I don't see BB giving Smoker that scar because he should not have been alive afterwards. Aside from that, I think he got the scar from his first months at G5, while Blackbeard had to go from G1 towards the end invading island after island, so the chances of them meeting would be rather small Imo.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

beck26
    I don't see BB giving Smoker that scar because he should not have been alive afterwards. Aside from that, I think he got the scar from his first months at G5, while Blackbeard had to go from G1 towards the end invading island after island, so the chances of them meeting would be rather small Imo.
    well that's a good point...but i dont think blackbeard really kills everyone...he didnt even kill bonney, and oda dont kill characters too often.

but then who could have given smoker that scar? i hope oda gives us some clarification on it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be Pekoms or anybody else proficient and strong from the New World. I like to keep some secrect and this should be ones of those, just as with Zoros eye, it happened, they learned from their mistakes and life goes on. :P

But there are also an aweful lot theories about new characters too, like the dragon ones two... three weeks back, it dominated a big part of the discussion and lead to a dead end the week after. haha
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder who gave Brook his new hat. Probably a Shichibukai. But which one? Nami's new haircut must have been styled by a Gorosei. A weak character could never have thought up a makeover that fabulous.

In all seriousness Smokers scar is just a character design flourish. Who gave it to him is not necessarily relevant to the plot. Should Oda fail to address who gave him the Scar it will not leave much in the way of a plot hole.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I most certainly do expect new characters in the New World. All of the fishman island characters were new. So is the samurai head and talking samurai legs. I expect Oda to take his time with the New World. After 15 years I hardly expect Oda to start rushing now. One Piece is so popular that it could lose 70% of it's sales and still out sell all but two or three manga. Losing popularity will not be a problem, Oda will have as long as he wants. One Piece is no different than KochiKame, Detective Conan, or Ippo now.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast