Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    In all seriousness Smokers scar is just a character design flourish. Who gave it to him is not necessarily relevant to the plot. Should Oda fail to address who gave him the Scar it will not leave much in the way of a plot hole.
    Well, sure but Oda has at least four significant and plot or character relevant scars: Shanks' three scratches from Blackbeard, Luffy's scar below his eye and his scar on the chest and Crocodile's scar that he may or may not gained after Roger's death. (I'd add Nami's scar too but Oda didn't draw that one since they arrived Drum Island.)

I wouldn't say either that they are nothing but hints to how dangerous and ambitious a character is - to keep readers in suspense. I mean when we read about Blackbeard giving Shanks his scars, everyone went crazy (even though on the second thought it's obviously a scar from a very old fight when Shanks wasn't as strong as he was when he met Whitebeard).

But as Coby's scar, I'd say Smoker's scar came from training in G-5 - or when he tried to fend off Tashigi's admirers.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

Well more than who gave Smoker his scar i wanna see how did Zoro get his eye scar . It was definitely while training with Mihawk but i still wanna see exactly how it happened .

And i don't think Smoker's scar has anything to do with BB , i mean i doubt Smoker would get away with only a scar considering BB upgrades , also about Shanks's scar , he himself said that BB gave him that scar while he had his guard down , that's when BB profited and cowardly attacked him (well at least that's what i understood from what Shanks said). It has nothing to do with Shanks being not very strong IMO .

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    And i don't think Smoker's scar has anything to do with BB , i mean i doubt Smoker would get away with only a scar considering BB upgrades , also about Shanks's scar , he himself said that BB gave him that scar while he had his guard down , that's when BB profited and cowardly attacked him (well at least that's what i understood from what Shanks said). It has nothing to do with Shanks being not very strong IMO .
    If I recall correctly, Shanks said the opposite, that he wasn't careless when he was fighting. Even so, it hardly seems important now that we've seen how BB fights.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

matzik Shanks didn't say that he let his guard down,he said that he wasn't careless,the wound he gave lets say it was fair and square and BB its not a coward well lets not get there so i'm out.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more interested in zoro's eye also. I could see Mihawk being a rather tough teacher and somewhat of a harsh one at that. If he had as much respect for zoro as I think he did, then I'm sure that he didn't take it easy on him. He probably spared with him numerous time and Mihawk probably took out his eye while zoro wasnt paying attention.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And what would we get out of it? That he fought/sparred with Mihawk, wow that would be no revelation to me at all. Training accidents happen, it's sad, but I doubt Zoro regrets getting that wound for all the training he got. Just as Kaiten exaggerated it earlier today, it doesn't further the plot, why waste panels on their training experiences, if they aren't important to the current or future story. That's like asking to see how Sanji got his change in hairstyle or Frankys modification of his arms.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder whether that scar of smoker will have its culprit revealed. that is,if Oda will explain a bit of it,or if he gave smoker that scar just to strengthen the time-skip( almost all characters after the time skip have got a scar ... as the other characters in the manga)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be on a break next week ~

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Nah i don't think Blueno is involved in this. Beside the samurai said it was a Shichibukai so Blueno can't be one since he's part of the Navy.

The only person with such an ability i can think of is Law . Or another possibility might be a new face , a new character that was appointed as a Shichibukai in this 2y time though i can't think of a DF which could do that splitting.
    To be honest I can't wait to see Smoker reaching that island. I think he's gonna be the one who's gonna make a little light in this mystery and i think he's gonna reach the island through the opposing side of the SH's ship , the cold side of the island
    Seems pretty legit, and we have a spot open now when Moria isn't a Shichibukai anymore, so someone is taking his place. Would be a nice way to introduce the new Shichibukai, this early in the second part of OP.

Just brainstorming a little..
    Thinking about the friendly faces in the world government has decreased a bit, it would seem fair to repair it again. (Unless it's Oda's intention to make the WG more evil).
    Oda is not afraid of killing of characters, but doing so, something has to fill up the void left when important characters die, either new characters or more of someone we already know.

It's like when Ace died, something had to take up his leftover "void", and this is quite an intelligent tool for a writer to use, killing of important characters to develop other characters, (not only Luffy, but all his close friends). Then in addition, a timeskip with the most perfect timing with all this buildup..!
    It added a lot of depth, and I can't even describe all of Oda's epicness.

Much respect Oda!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The island of Punk Hazard is intriguing with two distinct and extreme climates, and a plethora of strange inhabitants. Pretty much everything is still a mystery. But the guys in the weird suits and complexity and advanced nature of their base really make me think this Island is "owned" by the Science Division of the WG. Perhaps it was envisioned by Vegapunk, but I'm personally hoping it's some other subordinate in the Division who's in charge here. I'm interested in what kind of "science" they do, and what role they have in "the incident 4 years ago"...
    "M" could mean a great many things from Master to Moriah... so it's purely speculation. But if the climates and mythical creatures are engineered phenomenon perhaps that's why the WG has fenced off the Island.
    An experiment that has gone out of control.....

A perfect place for the SH to begin their journey in the NW IMHO!
    Last edited by Poneglyph420; February 24, 2012 at 03:01 AM.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

IT's a bit stupid calling someone with his first letter,imo. therefore I think that "M" means just master,boss. but rather I wonder why the marines can't moor there,while it belongs to the WG,I think we will understand that when smoker will reach Punk Hazard.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict that the accident in PH happened because one of vegapunks top assistents/scientists tried to create/steal a dangarous weapon, and he accidentaly set it off, causing the wierd weather phenomenoms on the island. and the masked guys are his followers...................

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaslicepwnu View Post
    I predict that the accident in PH happened because one of vegapunks top assistents/scientists tried to create/steal a dangarous weapon, and he accidentaly set it off, causing the wierd weather phenomenoms on the island. and the masked guys are his followers...................
    Still, if it was someone unsanctioned by WG, what would stop the marines from coming to island and capturing them? It's as if WG knows what is going on on the island, and have thus put all those warnings on the fence to keep people out, but in reality, they allow whoever is on the island to do as they please. Sort of how they allowed Moria to capture shadows of everyone he likes, or allowed Doflamingo to run a slave trade business right on their doorstep.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Still, if it was someone unsanctioned by WG, what would stop the marines from coming to island and capturing them? It's as if WG knows what is going on on the island, and have thus put all those warnings on the fence to keep people out, but in reality, they allow whoever is on the island to do as they please. Sort of how they allowed Moria to capture shadows of everyone he likes, or allowed Doflamingo to run a slave trade business right on their doorstep.
    I am assuming that all the WG/marine stationed in punk hazzard would have been transported from PH after the accident
    And as smoker said no one is supposed to be on punk hazzard, so why would you send marines to guard a deserted/ruined base?
    i get your point ,but the NW is big,dangarouse and unpredictable so sending marines to check on an island that is supposed to be deserted,and with crappy weather(shit place to live, unless you have a special "mission"), is a waste of man power/resources and could result in lossing ships.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, they could have marines still stationed on Punk Hazard. Just because they tell most marines that it's prohibited to go there, that doesn't mean that they don't have people there. They could have some very unethical experiments goin on there and they are only letting a few people in the marines know about it. For example only vagapunk and a few people that work there. kinda like c;isified information...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

IF there's members of the WG "protecting" Punk Hazard I'd personally expect them to not be Marines but direct agents of the WG or some other division.. Like the Science Division. It pretty clear this island is a liability and not really a place where anyone is really welcome. There's been some really good suspense in the last few chapters, It's made this brief break a very speculative one.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast