Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PageUpgrade92's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    M. must have come out to quiet things down after the call. Whoever did the cutting must have come after the call ended. I presume they are still on the island, the fortress Nami, Franky, Sanji, and Chopper is probably his headquarters.

Ryuma from Thriller Bark was from Wano Country. I don't think that was a visions, Ussop probably saw a harpy. If Punk Hazard can have dragons it certainly can have harpies.
    Yeh I know its a true harpy and not a vision, I just had poor word usage. And yeh, I'm sure Zoro's sword from Ryuma will spark a conversation

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Busy day, didn't manage to post thoughts until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi Uchiha View Post
    the first thing that came to my mind when i saw that girl flying was laffite http://www.mangareader.net/103-2649-...apter-542.html , maybe this is a new race? it is also known that laffite is able to hypnotize people, and in some genres, harpies possess the ability to hypnotize their victims by singing, so who knows. this is just a crazy prediction of mine.

would be cool to find many different races on punk hazard, for now we have a dragon, giants, samurai and what seems to be a harpy. sounds interesting
    Good theory. Personally my first thought was she must've been one of the five "flying DF" users that Pell mentioned way back.

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    I think there are at least two samurai. One says 'bu' and wants to kill somebody. The other speaks normally and wants to save his son.
    Also a good theory, and one that makes sense. "Legs" doesn't match up with "Head"'s motive.

I'll hold off on putting my predictions here. A lot of people have already been throwing ideas around like Law, Big Mam, etc...a lot of things still haven't quite connected for me yet, feels like we're still missing something.
    Rest in Peace, Pwncrow. You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripmyg View Post
    PS: Urial, how did you become a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackmailing and whoring. It's easy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BlindMunkey's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumTough View Post
    I just remembered the warning on the door that had a symbol much like Oars symbol. Now we see kid giants and bird woman. From what the cover stories say is that the winged people came from the moon and their were three different types of winged people...maybe this is another type of the moon people.

i just went back to confirm and yea. oh man oh man! this very well be the place where Oz was frozen dead. i just cant wait for the dots to be start connecting for all these mysteries. now we see giant babies and that of samurais? -head scratching- very nice chapter nonetheless.

for next chapter. want to see brook waking up to smoker's warning to SH of surrendering.

law seems to be the obvious culprit behind all this but but i dont think so. im calling it buggy. i want it to be buggy. it would be good comedy but highly unlikely.
    Last edited by BlindMunkey; February 16, 2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler show

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molecularpepsi View Post
    Great chapter!

i've been thinking:
    since those masked people were able to get on the sunny without being dedicted, does that mean that everyone on the sunny including Sanji do not have CoO haki?
    you'd think that they would've been able to sense them if they did. perhaps Sanji's haki is still very weak, since on FI, it seemed that Oda had hinted that he, along with Zoro may have it when they all sensed Caribou's presence in the palace.

also, does Ussop have really strong eye vision? it seemed like he was the only one that noticed the flying girl. or was he the only one looking at that direction?
    I don't think that demonstrates that Sanji doesn't have COO , i mean those guys 1st released that sleeping gas then they embarked on the ship so i don't blame if Sanji didn't sense them .

As for Usopp i didn't expect less from him 'cause he's a sniper you know so it's necessary to have a good vision. In that aspect he rocked

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tasigin View Post

Heres my theory: The guys who kidnapped the other shs were from laws crew.
    Hmm i don't think so , i mean don't you find it strange that they didn't recognize the SH's .They meet them on SA so why shouldn't they recognize them now, yet they said that it won't be strange if some pirates disappear in the NW so that clearly means they don't know them

lol, I'm not here as much as I used to. So I can't be annoyed as much as I used to by that :P
    You've matzik now to piss off
    I'm not that easy to piss off Uriel
    But anyway i don't advise anyone to try that I'm a calm girl usually
    Last edited by matzik1212; February 16, 2012 at 06:27 AM.

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be frank: I completely ignored the idea that what I saw at the end of the chapter were, in fact, Giant children. I thought their size were the results of some science experiment. Nevertheless, it doesn't change the fact I still believe the Mugiwaras ended up on some heavily-foritfied, privately-funded W. Government Testing facility; and if important character has an affiliation with it, it might be Dr. Vegapunk. (I wonder if Brook's been taken away as a test-subject; not everday you run into a "living skeleton.")

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    Also a good theory, and one that makes sense. "Legs" doesn't match up with "Head"'s motive.
    I had a similar feeling when the head didn't mention the shichibukai while the bottom did 2 or 3 times. The speech pattern is indeed also a good sign there are different people. But then how many part of samurai are there on this island :-) !
    With that theory in mind, then the bottom would be the son, which holds a grudge on the shichibukai. And the father would be the samurai from the rescue call. Then like Kaiten suggested, the Boss would have dealt with him afterwards and defeated him.
    If we consider the theory of the Shichibukai/M master kidnapping kids from different islands, then it matches with the samurai father who comes to rescue his son.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. What if M group are criminals and WG sent Law in order to investigate what happened there? That's why there's so many Samurai being cut off. Samurais who confronted him ended like that and then PH guys took some pieces.

I honestly don't believe that Law would be ally of kidnappers.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy and co. ate a freaking dragon.
    Legs and now a head.
    A harpy.
    Giant children...or are they really?

The weirdness level of this chapter is roof-high. I liked it. Too many things are going on. What interests me the most is that a nursery/playroom is next to a prison. There must be reasons why...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrTeatime's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone remembers the thing about fairy tales and Big Mom? Not long ago, someone made a reference to the many stories that Oda was using. I think this arc and the next one will be a journey trough old tales of our childhood. We have there two big stories easy to identify.
    Iliad and Gulliver's Travels so far. How everything ties up? We miss some crucial clues. I'm expecting something in particular in order to confirm a theory of mine.
    Don't you mean the "Argonautica"? We already got Sirens, Dragons and may have Harpies.

Im not sure how much you can get out of noticing litteral references though - I noticed the connection with Edgard Allan Poe in the Jaya and Eldorado arc - didnt help me predict anything :/

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Big Mom is a collection of stories as well, that's why I'm pointing this out. There is now an overflow of references and that's not something to just ignore.
    Harpy girl could be an agent of Big Mom, who knows.

And Harpy were in both stories. A harpy was the mother by the West Wind Zephyros of the horses of Achilles and the Symplegades were on the Argonautica.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

brook will end up with the torso of the samurai. cant wait to see him whole.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but there will be NO One Piece chapter next week...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if this is the right pleace to post it, but I’ll take my chances:

Since there are a lot of posts about “Law is a Shichi”, I would like to predict that he has a Jigsaw Jigsaw DF. In a sbs we saw him picking something, that by time looked like a jigsaw to me, and his ability to separate limbs and pieces and organize it as he wish. If he is the guy that Only Head Man was talking about, it would make even more sense.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Everybody is just trying to ignore that painful information by showing denial. XD
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MrTeatime's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Big Mom is a collection of stories as well, that's why I'm pointing this out. There is now an overflow of references and that's not something to just ignore.
    Harpy girl could be an agent of Big Mom, who knows.

And Harpy were in both stories. A harpy was the mother by the West Wind Zephyros of the horses of Achilles and the Symplegades were on the Argonautica.
    I had forgotten about their apearance in the Illiad. But the dragon and the sirens (I mention them solely because this arc comes directly after fishman island)? Imo that points to Argo + That would also be a Donald Duck reference.

Which stories would you say that Big Mom is conncted to? Gargantuas given (giants and war over sweets), Gunniver as stated, and?

I never meant that it should be ignored, i think its funny.

New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast