Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

    3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

    17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

    73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

    67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

    15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

    2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 282

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

  1. #121
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    The thing is, they'd never recruit Luffy for Shichibukai, and he'd never accept the invitation.

    Buggy however, is a different story. His past, even if not amazing like others, is still legendary. And his actions during the war were also seen by the world.

    And Law, well, that guy's agenda is odd.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #122
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Thing is, none of us know anything really concrete about ANY of the current Supernovas or their true pasts/motivations/dreams. Yeah they all want to be the Pirate King but we simply don't have enough information to confirm whether or not Law would be a good candidate for the Shichibukai.

    Buggy is destined for big things in this story, I firmly believe he has a role to play in the final act beyond comic relief. I would not be surprised if he is now a Shichibukai for the following reasons:

    1. He is non-threatening to the WG from a power standpoint
    2. He possesses the innate ability to gather allies to his side through a combination of dumb luck and odd charisma (like Luffy)
    3. I think when we discover his name, he will be a "D" ^_^

    Obviously these points are my own opinion, but I think there is enough surface evidence to assume that Buggy is more than we see. However, his powers don't match up with the Samurai's current situation. Law's do. Guess we'll just have to be patient and wait to see.
    Last edited by Jassaray; February 16, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

  4. #123
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTeatime View Post
    I had forgotten about their apearance in the Illiad. But the dragon and the sirens (I mention them solely because this arc comes directly after fishman island)? Imo that points to Argo + That would also be a Donald Duck reference.

    Which stories would you say that Big Mom is conncted to? Gargantuas given (giants and war over sweets), Gunniver as stated, and?

    I never meant that it should be ignored, i think its funny.
    Three eye girl is a story from Grimm. There is also The Lion and the Turtle, Big Mom is also a reference of Hansel and Gretel. Now there is a Harpy, a dragon and giants kids. Too many things in less than 3 chapters.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  5. #124
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    A lot of people are speculating that Law might be the mysterious shichibukai that cut the samurai into pieces but I just don't see him as one. Considering he hate the human auction house back at SA and probably the marines too. Luffy we all know he won't accept the invitation to join the shichibukai he hate them and he only care about his freedom. Plus last I remember didn't he declared war on the WG and the Marines? All the more reason the WG will not accept him because he is uncontrollable and too dangerous. lol

    Love is like a hurricane.

  6. #125
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    So why were/are Boa, Mihawk and Kuma Shichibukai, I doubt they agree with the auction house on SA, espeically with her background and she still got it to be free of marines.

    Why are you talking about Luffy in the second half? Both prefer freedom and aim to be Pirate King, but we don't know much else about Law. There's a reason why he's called "Dark Doctor" and has DEATH tattooed on his hand. It's up to Oda if he will reveal it in this arc or much later on.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  7. #126
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-tyme7 View Post
    A lot of people are speculating that Law might be the mysterious shichibukai that cut the samurai into pieces but I just don't see him as one. Considering he hate the human auction house back at SA and probably the marines too. Luffy we all know he won't accept the invitation to join the shichibukai he hate them and he only care about his freedom. Plus last I remember didn't he declared war on the WG and the Marines? All the more reason the WG will not accept him because he is uncontrollable and too dangerous. lol
    The death Tattoo on his finger could stand for something other then the fact that he likes to kill. he could have had a traumatizing death of a family or a friend that he could have been operating on and tattoed death to remember. It could be any reason, you see bad people tattoo crosses on there body, doesn't mean they are good. As for his name, the WG will give pirates those types of names to make sure they give the public a general hatred for them and will give them information. I mean look at Sanji, they gave him the name black legs which would make it seem that he is a bad guy.

  8. #127
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Finally get a chance to respond to this chapter, been busy the last few days, so hopefully i can remember all the points i was going to make.

    No new one piece next week is

    As for the arc itself, i've been finding it difficult to manage each week, more mysteries than answers, so hopefully we'll finally get some clue to what's going on with this place. Dragons? Birdlike humans? Giant children? So far nothing really is making sense.

    The samurai and dragon section definitely means Wano will be part of the near future storyline, maybe possible they'll end up going there in the next arc or so.
    Fact that Brooke isn't around means he might have been left with the ship, which will definitely be relevant later on with one group or the other, still don't think he's with either group, so will probably wake up and wonder where everyone met.

    Shichibukai i don't know if Law, feels way too predictable, but of all possibilities we know it's the most plausible.

    Given the island's name still insist on the theory that a lot of where the nami-sanji-chopper-franky group is being a lab of vegapunks. Whether they meet him is hard to say, could be some of his colleages continue his research there? Could be that the disaster mentioned before keeps everyone away from the island so they can perform experimentations of all sorts? We know when we run into Vegapunk it will answer some serious questions, so would make the wait worth it given all the mysteries lately, since the last few chapters have been all questions, little to no answers to really go on.

  9. #128
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RafiDe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    this arc clues:
    1. dragon
    2. fire & ice (i assume there were ice dragon on the other side on the island)
    3. alive mutilated samurai.
    4. shicibukai
    5. harpy
    6. mysterious group with ph mark (punk hazard)
    7. giant children
    8. incident 4 years ago in that island

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #129
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    while reading some older chapters i stumbled upon this:

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...3/c213/17.html

    im summary: vivi stated there are dragons and giants in a cold country (Punk hazard?).

  12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #130
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by gfire2 View Post
    while reading some older chapters i stumbled upon this:

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...3/c213/17.html

    im summary: vivi stated there are dragons and giants in a cold country (Punk hazard?).
    Vivi said there are giants and dragons, and snowy countries where sakura would bloom. I dont think it means the dragons and giants are at a snowy country. Thats just my interpretation anyway..

  14. #131
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Ah again, please don't write it as a fact without clear evidence. I too asume, that he has become one, but everything is up to assumption for now. Jinbe getting the visit by the same bat is may be a hint, but no confirmation.
    Spoiler: Buggy, Jinbe and the letter show

    Shichibukai are seven people, if they aren't , they won't be the" Royal Seven Military Seas" anymore, Yonkou would be Sankou without Blackbeard. :P It's not hard to think of the reason for Jinbe not mentioning them: To keep it a secret until Oda presents them to us. Oda did give us the basic information, the new fleet admiral and BBs progress, anything more would have been a bigger spoiler. One reason for not mentioning them, out of Jinbes position could be, that he just deemed it unnecessary to mention those, that normally only roam in the first part of the GrandLine.

    now that you mentioned it... I wonder how BB look like now... he must be looking gruesome if he absorb a lot of zoan fruit

    chicken feet, tiger head, kangaroo, pig belly(not that he has already )
    CLEANED

  15. #132
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee-tyme7 View Post
    A lot of people are speculating that Law might be the mysterious shichibukai that cut the samurai into pieces but I just don't see him as one. Considering he hate the human auction house back at SA and probably the marines too. Luffy we all know he won't accept the invitation to join the shichibukai he hate them and he only care about his freedom. Plus last I remember didn't he declared war on the WG and the Marines? All the more reason the WG will not accept him because he is uncontrollable and too dangerous. lol
    Well, almost every Shichibukai shown so far turned out to be uncontrollable and too dangerous. First Shichibukai we've seen wanted to overthrow a kingdom and find a weapon of mass destruction which he would probably use against WG itself. Moria also had his own agenda, Kuma, probably the most obedient Shichibukai, screwed WG over helping SH no less than 3 times and god knows what else he has done over the years. Jinbei and Hancock were both key figures in helping pirates in the battle. Doflamingo only cares for himself, certainly not a man of trust for WG. Mihawk also has his own agenda, seemingly not bothered by who is good and who is evil, just sailing around, killing boredom, probably trying to find a good match. Oh and Blackbeard...

    They are all a group of eccentric misfits, but I guess it's to be expected of pirates who are bad enough that they can scare other pirates.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  16. #133
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Barbados
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well, almost every Shichibukai shown so far turned out to be uncontrollable and too dangerous. First Shichibukai we've seen wanted to overthrow a kingdom and find a weapon of mass destruction which he would probably use against WG itself. Moria also had his own agenda, Kuma, probably the most obedient Shichibukai, screwed WG over helping SH no less than 3 times and god knows what else he has done over the years. Jinbei and Hancock were both key figures in helping pirates in the battle. Doflamingo only cares for himself, certainly not a man of trust for WG. Mihawk also has his own agenda, seemingly not bothered by who is good and who is evil, just sailing around, killing boredom, probably trying to find a good match. Oh and Blackbeard...

    They are all a group of eccentric misfits, but I guess it's to be expected of pirates who are bad enough that they can scare other pirates.
    WOW since you make a point like that, it almost seems stupid for the WG to have the Shichibukai. I'm surprise that the WG didn't come up with something else to help "Balance the power" of the Yonkou.

    BTW I'm a little surprised at the lack of pages for this arc, I thought people would be coming up with all sorts of weird theories about the island and what's going to happen. I guess ODA has the arc so mysterious that people are afraid to guess what's going on. I think that the Shichi is behind everything but I don't think that it's Law behind everything. Maybe the new Shichi is a scientist who is using Vega Punks old base to experiment so he can gain power.

  17. #134
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by gfire2 View Post
    while reading some older chapters i stumbled upon this:

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...3/c213/17.html

    im summary: vivi stated there are dragons and giants in a cold country (Punk hazard?).
    I think that's just a mistranslation. I've got no scanner here, so here is the german version:

    Vivi: Wir haben Riesen gesehen, Dinosaurier und rosa Schnee ... da wird's auch irgendwo auch ein Bade-Schiff geben.
    and a translation:
    Vivi: We've seen giants, dinosaurs and pink snow ... there's got to be a bathing-ship somewhere too.

    From that it's obvious that she's talking about their past adventure. Giants and dinosaurs on Little Garden and pink snow on Drum. It's not a prediction about a future island. I hope it's more clear now, fan translations are not professional enough as seen with Mangastream translations during the Fishman Island arc.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 17, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #135
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by gfire2 View Post
    while reading some older chapters i stumbled upon this:

    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...3/c213/17.html

    im summary: vivi stated there are dragons and giants in a cold country (Punk hazard?).
    Wrong translation.

    Here is the right one from Stephen(best OP translator there is and now offical translator for VIZ):

    Quote Quote:
    - Page 162 -

    Nami: This feels so nice!
    I wonder if there are any ships with baths this big.

    Vivi: I'm sure there are.
    The ocean is a big place.
    We've seen giants, dinosaurs, sakura blossoms in a land of snow...
    There must be plenty more things out there we can't even imagine!!


    Nami: (stare)

    Vivi: Uh, I mean...

    Nami: Let's switch.

    Vivi: Oh... Thank you.

  20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts