Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    IF there's members of the WG "protecting" Punk Hazard I'd personally expect them to not be Marines but direct agents of the WG or some other division.. Like the Science Division. It pretty clear this island is a liability and not really a place where anyone is really welcome. There's been some really good suspense in the last few chapters, It's made this brief break a very speculative one.
    Hmm there could be some dogs of WG protecting PH but beside them i wish to think there are other people involved as well not just samurai but other pirates as well .Those masked guys are obviously the ones who are working for the M (a scientist of WG possibly Vegapunk but i don't exclude the idea of a new face that's Vegapunk's assistant or something ) .
    I say this 'cause i find it strange they didn't recognize the SH's . I mean what the hell they are famous. I don't think it exists anyone in the OP world from the Pirates and Marine side who doesn't know the SH's . If they were scientists that would explain they lack of knowledge since they are always occupied with their experiments and usually don't pay attention to anything beside that

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

but we don't know whether Vegapunk is involved there or not yet. Personally,I think that his team is involved in PH,but I doubt oda will show him so soon and in a place such it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Vegapunk

We know that Vegapunk wasn't there anymore, since he had his HQ at Marineford before the war started, and than was evacuated somewhere else two years ago. I truly see it as just another a failed laboratory of his. He could have gone there after his enlistment to the Marines, I imagine his to be in his mid twenties or early thirties.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm that's why i said it's a possibility that maybe one of Vegapunk's assistants is running that place . Those guys aren't from a pirate crew IMO so my only thought concerning them is they are some scientists whose main duty is collecting subjects for their experiments or something like that.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Hmm that's why i said it's a possibility that maybe one of Vegapunk's assistants is running that place . Those guys aren't from a pirate crew IMO so my only thought concerning them is they are some scientists whose main duty is collecting subjects for their experiments or something like that.
    well yeah, it would be about damn time vegapunk finally makes an appearance. he has been hinted and talked about so long that i would find it fitting for him to appear. Vegapunk would also fill the role of a non pirate character and be the stepping stone as to what/how luffy will manage his work in the new world.

it wouldn't make sense to see "Big Mum" already and i think one piece has already so much characters that more totally new villians shouldnt be bothered with. Kaido shall appear later coz as in Oda's tradition all major characters are introduced slowly and so far we know too little of kaido for him to be there. shanks/BB etc. is also too soon. so not much characters remain: either one of the supernovas, Vegapunk, Buggy or Flamingo.

My guess: Vegapunk has a certain immunity from the marines (aslong as he provides them with his machines) and so no marine is allowed on his island without proper authorization. That may also be the reason why Law/Flamingo is there (either to hide or some other buisness with vegapunk) and the island is in chaos since he arrived. this would also allow for Luffy to finally meet the guy that could shed some light on Kuma and also find out what Law's/Flamingo's true agenda is.

Flamingo would be nice fit. He had already a good amount of face time that luffy would finally meet him.
    on the other hand: The cut-apart people make me think of Law (especially coz Law can "stitch" people to inanimate objects (see the marine with a canonball face)
    Last edited by Oblivion; February 25, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vegapunk

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    We know that Vegapunk wasn't there anymore, since he had his HQ at Marineford before the war started, and than was evacuated somewhere else two years ago. I truly see it as just another a failed laboratory of his. He could have gone there after his enlistment to the Marines, I imagine his to be in his mid twenties or early thirties.
    I didn't remember Vegapunk to be at Marineford,I knew he had sentomaru as guardian but where was it stated?I mean,that Vegapunk was at MF?
    (do something to your English,man , it's him,not his)

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post

Flamingo would be nice fit. He had already a good amount of face time that luffy would finally meet him.
    on the other hand: The cut-apart people make me think of Law (especially coz Law can "stitch" people to inanimate objects (see the marine with a canonball face)
    From what we know about DoFlamingo until now he's the type who doesn't bother much about troublesome things and he's a guy who likes comfort and nice places where he can relax and spend his time drinking a cocktail . Tbh I really can't see him on an island such as PH

And also there's this thing about his DF that doesn't fit IMO . Yeah we still don't know much about his DF but i can't see it having such an ability seriously.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    From what we know about DoFlamingo until now he's the type who doesn't bother much about troublesome things and he's a guy who likes comfort and nice places where he can relax and spend his time drinking a cocktail . Tbh I really can't see him on an island such as PH

And also there's this thing about his DF that doesn't fit IMO . Yeah we still don't know much about his DF but i can't see it having such an ability seriously.
    of course, you're right, from what we have seen of Flamingo's abilities (cutting and controlling possibly with a wire - like puppets), its more plausible that we will be confronted with Law than Flamingo.

but as i said: i think its time for flamingo to make a real appearance. he is ripe for a confontration. we will probably find him on an island much more suited to his character, but he could be still on this possible vegapunk island for some different agenda and make a small appearance.

after all: there is a shichibukai on the island but which?: kuma would not create chaos like the one we see. mihawk and hancock are out. moria is out of the game. so its either flamingo or a new one: buggy travles with a large crew so we would have seen one of them by now. and if i know my oda we would have seen a lesser character from his crew already. the only other new possible option that might suit with what we have seen so far is law. i am still a bit skeptic about law being a shichibukai is coz i don't think it suits him to follow the marines or have supervisors. though we still don't know enough of him or his agenda.

so its either flamingo, law as a new shichibukai or a totally new character that we havent seen so far has become shichibukai. or any combination of them.

now the more i think about it there is a reason why oda hasn't someone call out the name of the shichibukai. he wants to surprise us for some reason. if it was someone we know is a shichibukai (only option being flamingo) there won't be a reason to hide his name but call it out to highten the expectations coz we are about to finally meet him.

so yeah, the chance flamingo being there lessens the more words i tipe
    Last edited by Oblivion; February 25, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,it's a bit embarassing to say now...but, I've just noticed something strange/useful,that is that Vegapunk's name is very similar to Punk Hazard . furthermore,I think Sentomaru called him 'Punk' , according to this,now I'm pretty sure VegaPunk is involved in that Hazard

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It was only mention 3000 thousands times, so don't worry Mattiaildivino.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

hi guys, I'm kind of bored so I wanted to react on the discussion about Smoker's scar (even if it's pointless IMO) so here I go :

first: people said that he could be from one of the former(?) supernovas, if it's the case I'm pretty sure it would be from Kidd (by "pretty sure" please understand "I want it because I would like it a lot"), the guy seems a little rough and maybe Smoker did his scar, so they had a fierce battle > I don't really believe it
    other supernova I see doing it : Drake (at this point you should have understand that I don't have any argument, just talking for fun)

second : it could be a random wound from a random battle, someone pointed out (sorry, I have a problem with remembering names) that since the beginning o new worl saga a lot of people have scars, obviously Oda is using it to show us that this sea is not for pussies, you enter it, you gonna feel it (kind of remember me nen initiation in HxH, newbies would go trough a hard time), so yeah it can totally be to build up character/atmosphere/tension/that-kind-of-thing...

third : I think no one mentionned it (but I may have missed it) but it could also be a level 6 prisoners who have escaped Impel down, I mean Smoker is here, he will probably fight, we will all be like "oh my god he is so strong, five bucks he is gonna be an admiral before the end of the year" and then , later, we will meet THAT guy, the one who will say "mugiwara, the favourite prey of lung-cancer-boy, did you see him, is he sastified of the gift I scarved on his face ?" and boom we will that this motherlover is a dangerous badass because he trashed smoker and was in level 6 to be wipe out from history....

but like I said (and others too) it could be nothing

concerning the discussion about the relation between vegapunk and punkhazard I have already said my thoughts in a previous so no need to repeat it,
    have a nice day
    because a little ad doesn't hurt, if you like comics, I am participating in a project of web comics :

Watch comics website and facebook

and if you like video games, introduce yourself to CIBO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone said earlier that Punk Hazard is from the Northern Continent (which is supposed to be around the spot that is equivalent to our Alaska), but let me remind you that on all One Piece maps, the Grand line and New world are directly over the equator. Unless the island drifted down, or was brought down by the power of some fruit, it is not part of the northern continent. More likely some kind of experiment went wrong, or a battle of fruit powers broke out, and this resulted in the island becoming its messed up place. We do however know that the island was not always this way, smoker told us as much. As for the scar over shanks eye, if I recall correctly, when Dracula Mihawk visited his island shanks said something like 'you gave me this scar'.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    As for the scar over shanks eye, if I recall correctly, when Dracula Mihawk visited his island shanks said something like 'you gave me this scar'.
    You've got to renew your knowledge about general OP facts pronto; the scar comes from an old fight with Teach[chap 434, in the war his eye is twitching when he looks at Teach]

We don't really know what northern means in that context. 1. I doubt they would put maximum security prisoners to ones of the four Blues, 2. It could just mean a winter island, 3. near the northern Calm Belt. It was said that Surume came from the northpole, so we can asume that there is a area similar to the Antarctic, but I don't see it coming from any of the blues. I will probably wait till forever for Oda to give a clear answer to those questions. :P
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member givensp's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im just going to ask here since it doesnt say in ether "spoiler pics and summeries" or "spoiler discution" but is one piece on break this week or som thing

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh, you should pay attention to the thread titles sometimes...

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast