Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this Chapter!

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

3 1.69%
  • 2 (Average)

17 9.60%
  • 3 (Good)

73 41.24%
  • 4 (Great!)

67 37.85%
  • 5 (Epic!)

15 8.47%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

2 1.13%
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 657 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

Quote Originally Posted by givensp View Post
    im just going to ask here since it doesnt say in ether "spoiler pics and summeries" or "spoiler discution" but is one piece on break this week or som thing
    Seriously must i make the thread title like really hugeeee for everybody to see it .And if you tried to read a few pages back you would have seen the message i posted announcing the release date of the next chapter 'cause it's kinda stands out so you can't miss it .

Well anyway i'll say it once again : One Piece will be back around 29th february

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OtakuModeEngage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 657 Discussion/ 658 Prediction ~ One Piece will be back around 29th february ~

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    You've got to renew your knowledge about general OP facts pronto; the scar comes from an old fight with Teach[chap 434, in the war his eye is twitching when he looks at Teach]

We don't really know what northern means in that context. 1. I doubt they would put maximum security prisoners to ones of the four Blues, 2. It could just mean a winter island, 3. near the northern Calm Belt. It was said that Surume came from the northpole, so we can asume that there is a area similar to the Antarctic, but I don't see it coming from any of the blues. I will probably wait till forever for Oda to give a clear answer to those questions. :P
    You're right, it clearly states so in that chapter, I think I mixed up the conversations Shanks had with Mihalk and Whitebeard. Well at any rate, albeit seeming random, Oda is surprising straight forward. I think we'll all find out that the island in particular, is just as it seems, a messed up island in the New World. I mean, the islands in the grand line where all insane, yet they followed a set code; aka certain islands hold certain seasons or centuries. But it has been said that the New World does not follow those rules and is all the more insane for it. You all compose wild theories, but I wager its not as abstract as that. Certainly some rare badass event went down to put the island in its current condition, but nothing so extreme.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw I think we arrive at the end of the water 7 characters for the cover page, who do you think will be next ? If enies lobby is skipped since it is only marines and enemies then the interesting part will start...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

that's right! the miniadventures! I hope we will see enies lobby,especially because Lola and her crew have already been shown,and moria won't be shown,as goes for perona and who knows who in TB. therefore I'd like to see the judge with 3 heads,captain T-bone ecc. CP9 won't be shown,right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    that's right! the miniadventures! I hope we will see enies lobby,especially because Lola and her crew have already been shown,and moria won't be shown,as goes for perona and who knows who in TB. therefore I'd like to see the judge with 3 heads,captain T-bone ecc. CP9 won't be shown,right?
    I really wish the CP9 get recycled back into the story line as good guys. I really liked the whole saving Robin arc. As for the current story I am confused as hell is to what the hell is going on and if its the government pulling the string or the Shibi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't understand this whole 'recycling as good guys' factor, people don't simply change heart after you destroy them for attempting to obliterate you, and if they where so stupid, you don't likely forgive them. It just doesn't make sense, try to be rational.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    I really wish the CP9 get recycled back into the story line as good guys. I really liked the whole saving Robin arc. As for the current story I am confused as hell is to what the hell is going on and if its the government pulling the string or the Shibi.
    governments,but there is a shichibukai involved,although I doubt he lives in that island,he should have been there just by accident imo. about CP9,yeah,they must come back,as did most of miniadventures' characters.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuModeEngage View Post
    I really don't understand this whole 'recycling as good guys' factor, people don't simply change heart after you destroy them for attempting to obliterate you, and if they where so stupid, you don't likely forgive them. It just doesn't make sense, try to be rational.
    It's a shonen trope. Look at Dragon Ball, Rave/Fairy Tail, Kenichi, Zatch Bell...
    One Piece has not used it too much, there is Bon clay and Robin. I would not be particulary a fan of a CP9 return, but who knows.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Because you believe in the good-bad guy thing as static. No one is like that, aside few characters.

In that sense I applaud One Piece since it doesn't stick to the good-bad guy shit.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, but it's kinda easy for Oda not to stick with the good/bad guys, isn't it? Most of his characters work on their own agenda and stick to this until Luffy punch'em down. Wasn't that one of Oda's guides through One Piece? "Once Luffy knocks his enemy down, he shatters his dreams and plans, so it's time for a reorientation of that character."

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    As for the current story I am confused as hell is to what the hell is going on and if its the government pulling the string or the Shibi.
    "Shibi" is a japanese word for tuna or has some other meanings, too. Please don't use what looks like abbreviations or nicknames. Some may pick this up as sublimal racism. Just sayin'.

As for predictions... Do you guys have some? After such a break my mind is completely blank in anticipation of

Spoiler show

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    It's a shonen trope. Look at Dragon Ball, Rave/Fairy Tail, Kenichi, Zatch Bell...
    One Piece has not used it too much, there is Bon clay and Robin. I would not be particulary a fan of a CP9 return, but who knows.
    Is that so? Well its true Robin was a 'bad guy' but she had no malicious intent, she was simply doing what she had to do to survive, whereas CP9 were fully enjoying their destructive powers granted by the government. It's not a matter of whether they are bad or good, since ideally pirates would be considered bad and the government good; but that's obviously not how it works in One Piece. Regardless of what faction you're in (pirate or government), its a mater of just or corrupt; some government officials are just and others, like CP9, are corrupt. The same can be said for the pirates, the Strawhats are just while the Blackbeards are corrupt. CP9 is in the government faction, but corrupt, so even if they did change to just, that wouldn't make them the Strawhats allies. From the perspective we are provided with, the Strawhats are the good guys, so therefore the government is bad.

As for Fairy tail, Juvia changes after falling in love and was never really a bad guy in the first place, just a case of deep depression. Similarly, Gajeel's life has been filled with suffering, and fairy tail provided him with a way out. I'm not saying its impossible to transcend the god-bad classifications, but there must be adequent reason.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Because you believe in the good-bad guy thing as static. No one is like that, aside few characters.

In that sense I applaud One Piece since it doesn't stick to the good-bad guy shit.
    Like I said, its not about good-bad guy static. Simply, CP9 had a strong desire to destroy the strawhats for the fun of it. After being crushed instead, that desire would only be multiplied tenfold. Anyone heard of revenge? And even if they were to become just, they would still have to crush the strawhats because they are on the governments side.
    Last edited by OtakuModeEngage; February 27, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, its not about good-bad guy static. Simply, CP9 had a strong desire to destroy the strawhats for the fun of it. After being crushed instead, that desire would only be multiplied tenfold. Anyone heard of revenge? And even if they were to become just, they would still have to crush the strawhats because they are on the governments side.
    Nope, sir. They are training the next generation to become great fighters for justice and broke free from World Government - they vaporised Captain Berry's unit to recapture them. They don't have any intent for taking revenge on the Strawhats unlike Spandam.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Nope, sir. They are training the next generation to become great fighters for justice and broke free from World Government - they vaporised Captain Berry's unit to recapture them. They don't have any intent for taking revenge on the Strawhats unlike Spandam.
    totally agreed. by the way,do you think we will see them in this miniadventures? or will we see them in the story itself? imo,next covers will be focused on Gedatsu,and perhaps next chapter will have a colored cover.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Where do you read these mini stories? That sounds interesting, though without an adequate reason, seems out of character.

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you read these mini stories? That sounds interesting, though without an adequate reason, seems out of character.
    They are on the chapters' covers or in the One Piece Green databook. The CP9 Mini story starts from chapter 491 on.

Where would "not following the path of revenge" be out of character? Only Buggy and Alvida so far followed it as comic relief.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    totally agreed. by the way,do you think we will see them in this miniadventures? or will we see them in the story itself? imo,next covers will be focused on Gedatsu,and perhaps next chapter will have a colored cover.
    Gedatsu was last seen on the Onsen island. The current mini story is already past that point. And color pages have already been anounced for Sket Dance (spread), Bleach, Pyjama na kanojo (new series) und Kuroko no Basket, so 658 won't have color pages.
    Last edited by hoeru; February 27, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast