Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Spoiler Thread

Ah, I wanna be patient and wait for the english scanlation. But I hope there is no hiatus soon, even though after doing manga for this long in a row even basically finishing an arc, Togashi wouldn't be wrong for taking a break on us. I just like everyone, hope it wouldn't be for too long if he takes one. I've been in dream mode ever since we got manga AND anime at the same time coming out new weekly.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter out
    http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/78547_cancel

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Impressive how togashi san can continue to make the apparently anticlimatic outcomes impressive. Didn't see any poster making the connection that illumi mentioned in this chapter...its like a great magic trick, where you know the ending but can't tell how till the magician lets you know.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that Nanika (not just Alluka) is being treated like a person and not just an "it". I guess its like split personality that developed a specialization Hatsu, or a nen ability that that resulted in Alluka developing a 2nd personality, Im not 100% sure. Has this be explained yet? I'm curious what other people think about this if it hasn't been made clear to the reader yet.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there going to be a hiatus or not, thats what I wonder?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

at the end of the chapter it says ''the people left behind'...so I figure there are other things to tell about this arc, I don't think it's going to an hiatus...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we Nanika ?

I'll elaborate on this question because it probably doesn't make any sense for most of you. I'm not saying that it will make much sense after, since I don’t have any intention to bear any truth or whatever. It is just another take at this chapter, that you might find interesting.
    I’m writing based on Mangareader’s publication of Mangainn’s one.
    Alright, so, please try re-reading the chapter while picturing :
    _ Togashi-san in Killua’s skin ;
    _ Let’s say, an editor-in-chief in Illumi’s skin ;
    _ The whole deciding staff in the Zoldick family’s skin ;
    _ Let’s say Togashi-san’s editor in Tsubone’s skin (and other editors in the other butlers’ skin) ;
    _ The readers, us, in Alluka’s skin ;
    _ and us again, but more precisely what allows us to enjoy HxH so much, which is our love for the manga and its author (or plainly our ability to love things), in Nanika’s stead.
    I hope you will find it interesting indeed, and again, I don’t pretend anything, I simply want to share what I felt after reading the last page of the chapter, and thought about a bit more deeply afterwards.

Much love for Togashi-san anyway, awesome chapter as usual. Awesome manga from the very beginning.
    Last edited by Teubier; February 15, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter is out. It's a little too easy. Illumi is out of the picture, Killua does have full control over Nanika/Alluka ... a freaking happy ending but we don't know the whereabouts about Hisoka yet.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

I wouldn't say it was too easy. I think of this as a setup for future plot elements of Illumi hunting his own brother to take control of him again. For Illumi, this was still invaluable as he was able to confirm the full extent of Alluka's rules and powers.

I like that Nanika was also established as being a full on personality of Alluka with it's own likes and wants (they seem to be able to communicate with one another in their head too). Given that Alluka is supposed to be biologically a boy, but has the gender of a girl. I wonder if Nanika might be the 'male' of the two.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Such an emotional chapter, I loved it...I love how Togashi gave a human side to It, despite the unfathomable power...it's really interesting...what's also interesting is that Alluka is aware and can probably communicate with It...

Anyways really good chapter, and it's a saviour of this week

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    There is no break or hiatus from what I can tell at the end of the Raw.

where'd you read that Togashi was sick Phantron?
    That's separate news. Togashi seems to flu + something else. No hiatus is mentioned in the actual manga, but if it's serious, it'd be likely.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Nanika presumably can be commanded to do stuff that continously checks for what happens, so a wish like 'Do harm to those who wish to harm me" should work, otherwise something like "Never grant a wish to anyone but me" or 'kill Mother if we don't get out of here in 30 minutes' wouldn't work anyway. Nanika's power far surpasses perhaps the sum total of the power in HXH let alone merely Ilumi.

A very safe command would be "Make me the strongest person in the world" and then you wouldn't have to worry about Ilumi. Even if you don't want to appear to greedy, you can do something like "Expel all those who wishes harm on me or Alluka". Note that Razor can do this when aided with the terrain of GI already, and Nanika's power is far beyond what GI can do (can heal Gon, whereas Archangel presumably cannot).

Another good candidate for wishing would be 'Make me immune to be controlled by other effects." Note that this is already possible with powers we've seen in HXH (guys who are controlled by another power cannot be controlled by a different power).

I'm sorry but not even Togashi can make a convincing argument why someone with unlimited acccess to the Dragonballs needs to fear anyone else in the world. It's not a huge issue but it's just not quite right. I get that Killua doesn't want to abuse his windfall, but there's no reason why he needs to be afraid. If he really cares about protecting Alluka and Nanika at all costs, it's trivial for him to defeat the entire world while protecting them.
    Last edited by Phantron; February 15, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Killua is so much worried about Alluka/Nanika being hurt but more that he
    doesn't want Alluka/Nanika to be used as a tool. I think the reason why Killua gets
    to have wishes fulfilled without suffering the consequences is because he's the only
    one who's ever treated Alluka like a brother/sister instead of some creepy genie monster.

However Killua became so worried about what Illumi was going to do that he forgot
    about treating Alluka/Nanika as a brother/sister and started treating the more as tool.
    Killua then realizes this and apologizes.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm unhappy about this. As zellogan stated...it's far too easy. I EXPECT that Illumi should put a better play from now on.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Federicoxxx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

next issue.. on the other side of the fight that has ended the people left behind are....

Dont get it..

what fight?. .what people left behind ? the one Hisoka Kill on the forest? ..
    i havent seen fights.. since that ..chapters ago
    Itachi and Nagato..
    F.A.D
    (Friends After Death)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How exactly is something like "Continously expel (similar to what Razor did versus Spiders) any who wishes harm on Alluka or me?" using Nanika as a tool? I mean, that's exactly what Killua just did to Ilumi to protect himself in this chapter. Assuming Nanika can do this as a continous effect (no reason why it wouldn't be possible given the extent of his powers), no one would be able to ever harm him. It's not a selfish request and it's totally foolproof.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, Alluka/Nanika is one of my favorite character!
    I like the fact that Nanika is not a monster, but is just another "personality" of Alluka.

This makes this story much better IMO.

BTW, seems that there won't be any hiatus next week after all!!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast