Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Such an emotional chapter, I loved it...I love how Togashi gave a human side to It, despite the unfathomable power...it's really interesting...what's also interesting is that Alluka is aware and can probably communicate with It...

    Anyways really good chapter, and it's a saviour of this week
    It's not that Togashi gave a human side to "it", it's that everyone saw "it" as a thing rather then a person when it's always been a person. Both sides always had humanity in them but because people feared the power they treated it differently and because of that it slowly did begin to turn into a monster but it was only Kullua that could she past the power and treat them like a normal person.

    Nanika might be powerful but she is also very kind-hearted, while her favors and wishes may be mean to others to only thing that was keeping her sane was knowing that Killua would always be there for her. When Killua told her to go away it really hurt her because she felt as if she would have no one that would ever treat her like a human ever again. But since Alluka/Ninika are of two different entities they were able to resolve it quickly because Alluka made it known to Killua that what he said to her made her really sad.

    What Killua said afterwards was a tad jockingly with how it was his brother that made him do it, which was only slightly true, he realized that perhaps if she was gone then everything would be alright, but to do that would just be running away from the problem. If he really wanted to look out for her then he has to stay by her side rather then locking her away inside Alluka and having Nanika live in solitude the rest of her life.

    With that in mind I believe the reason why the whole observation was closed off was because the family feared that since Killua had a connection with Nanika that he would turn on the family and one day use it against them/eliminate them. But when they saw that Killua has no intentions of "using" Killua against them, they realized that Nanika is no threat to them, that as long as Killua is there with Nanika then they don't have to fear what they see as a "monster".

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #32
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Illumi is a clever bastard it seems, his deduction is spot on, it actually made perfect sense with the wish versus request comparison.
    So both Alluka and Nanika share a body and they are actually friends lol even when one is awake the other can be crying inside
    I'm not sure how Alluka would fit in with the group now or what Togashi has in mind but for me the thing i want to see most now which is the only thing missing from this great arc are the fights! give us high level nen fights

    @Phantron: I don't think we know all the details yet, for example what if making a wish/command to Nanika strengthens her personality versus Alluka? meaning for example at start Nanika could only be called for a wish then she makes 3 requests and that's all, but with the overuse of the wishing ability by the Zoldyecks (to test it and what so) now Nanika has a full personality with actual emotions, if that's the case then i can see why Killua really fears for Alluka, i'm not convinced that the only reason he doesn't want to use the command is because it'll be considered a tool....
    Last edited by Sea Hunter; February 15, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #33
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    I wonder what is the limitation of Nanika's power...
    Because, so far it seems she can pretty much do everything she wants and she doesn't have any throwback...


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  6. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    It was a good chapter i liked it. For illumi i think all he wanted to do was confirm things with Killua. It wouldn't be in Killua's personality to take on fights as of right now, he likes avoiding the worst as much as possible.So when illumi got sent off i'm sure Illumi got what he wanted. He wasn't expecting anything else. So now he's planning something for sure.

    I like how Alluka was standing up for Nanika, it showed a lot about the 2 of em.

  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Federicoxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    The chapter was great.. very emotional.. i didnt expect Nanika Could cry..

    Illumi was Tele-owned. .and he got lucky he wanst TeleFragged LOL

    I just dont get the last page.. mention some fight and people left behind
    Itachi and Nagato..
    F.A.D
    (Friends After Death)


  8. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Great! chapter this week. I also really like Alluka/Nanika, and it's going to be interesting seeing him/her traveling with Gon and Killua lol.

    HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

    "That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

  9. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hunter View Post
    Illumi is a clever bastard it seems, his deduction is spot on, it actually made perfect sense with the wish versus request comparison.
    So both Alluka and Nanika share a body and they are actually friends lol even when one is awake the other can be crying inside

    @Phantron: I don't think we know all the details yet, for example what if making a wish/command to Nanika strengthens her personality versus Alluka? meaning for example at start Nanika could only be called for a wish then she makes 3 requests and that's all, but with the overuse of the wishing ability by the Zoldyecks (to test it and what so) now Nanika has a full personality with actual emotions, if that's the case then i can see why Killua really fears for Alluka, i'm not convinced that the only reason he doesn't want to use the command is because it'll be considered a tool....
    I thought the deduction is more like a plot device because trying to deduce what's basically a godlike power is like trying to deduce the rules of Death Note. I mean, someone's got to explain it but I don't really think it's what you can reasonably deduce.

    Of course you can say even if you use the command for a good cause it might mess something up. That's fine, but Killua isn't exactly some wide-eyed idealistic boy here. He's pretty much faced the darkest of aura powers which pretty much represents how evil human can be. He knows his brother would have no problem controlling him to get free wishes. When you know you're dealing with such messed up people, and you have basically infinite power at your disposal, even if there's potentially some drawback that's not an issue because if Ilumi really did control Killua then things can only be much worse for Nanika/Alluka. If, like you suggested, Nanika becomes dominant the more times you command Nanika, then a controlled Killua would pretty much immediately make Nanika the dominant personality and Alluka might even cease to exist. Why wouldn't you wish for something like 'Contionusly expel those who wish harm' or even a 'make me stronger than anyone else' as a precaution? In particular, the first command I outlined seems pretty much foolproof. Remember that Nanika likes Killua so it's not like you've to worry about the command being purposely interpreted wrong.

  10. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    "Those who wish harm" is pretty subjective. It may be mistakenly interpreted wrong. What if he wants to talk to Hisoka, for example? Hisoka, technically, wishes him harm (he wants to kill him at some point), but he can be a useful ally at times (Greed Island). What if the wish can't be cancelled back?

    Also, Killua was shown visibly shaken from just commanding Nanika to teleport Killua.

    Now that I think about it, when he cried before commanding Nanika to heal Tsubone's hand, it was probably because it was hard for him to use Nanika as a tool like that again (he probably promised himself he would only use the "command" to escape home, then to heal Gon, then never again). That can be interpreted as one "restriction" to the power: Killua can do whatever he wants with Nanika, but because of his love to Nanika, he feels that if he commands anything to her it doesn't feel right, specially if the things he wishes for are too advantageous (Unlimited power, protection against harm). Sure, he can keep telling himself that it's to save Alluka/Nanika, but what if, deep down, he actually enjoyed the power and wanted more, for the "sake of his beloved Alluka/Nanika"? He doesn't want to take that risk.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #39
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I wonder what is the limitation of Nanika's power...
    Because, so far it seems she can pretty much do everything she wants and she doesn't have any throwback...
    Being a regular kid with a pure heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    Great! chapter this week. I also really like Alluka/Nanika, and it's going to be interesting seeing him/her traveling with Gon and Killua lol.
    I really hope She doesn't. Not because I don't like her character, but having her will mean that everything will be easy for Gon and Killua.


    Something must happen. I'm uneasy about this. I've the feeling that Togashi is fake-stetting all this calmness and ending points. The last two chapters were weird conclusion, we all felt it like that. Something is coming and it's not winter.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    737
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I really hope She doesn't. Not because I don't like her character, but having her will mean that everything will be easy for Gon and Killua.


    Something must happen. I'm uneasy about this. I've the feeling that Togashi is fake-stetting all this calmness and ending points. The last two chapters were weird conclusion, we all felt it like that. Something is coming and it's not winter.
    Yeah, I agree Uriel. Gon and Killua would be way overpowered and they could basically wish for anything, and that would be pretty lame. So yes... it would be best if he/she doesn't travel with them. I also wonder what Hisoka is up to right now?
    Last edited by Netero; February 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

    HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

    "That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

  15. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    "Those who wish harm" is pretty subjective. It may be mistakenly interpreted wrong. What if he wants to talk to Hisoka, for example? Hisoka, technically, wishes him harm (he wants to kill him at some point), but he can be a useful ally at times (Greed Island). What if the wish can't be cancelled back?

    Also, Killua was shown visibly shaken from just commanding Nanika to teleport Killua.
    HXH has powers to read your memories or detect truth. Nanika also automatically knows your entire life history to figure out who to kill on a failed wish. Trying to discern 'harm' for her power is trivial. An ability like 'expel intruders' doesn't hurt them anyway, so yeah if someone drove a car and try to run over Alluka on accident his car get teleported somewhere far and that'd suck, but no one is hurt in that process, and this outcome is probably better than Alluka getting ran over by a car even for a neutral observer.

    It's not important that Killua doesn't want to use Nanika as a tool because Nanika's fate is way worse if Killua gets controlled. He obviously knows this and it's easy to come up with parameters to completely protect himself and Alluka from any opposition. Even if you say he only cares about Alluka and not Nanika, it doesn't change the fact that making himself and Alluka impervious to harm is a very good idea. It says he's afraid of Ilumi, but why should you be afraid of anyone with Nanika's power? He can simply wish for Ilumi to lose all his powers. "Auto-zetsu on anyone with a malicious intent toward me" is also pretty safe, and I'll assume that Nanika's can beat any attempt to disguise such abilities (i.e. if you tried to control someone to drive a car to run over Alluka, you'd get stopped before you can control someone). There are literally hundreds of ways to protect both of them and it's not like he didn't have the time to do it either.

  16. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    damn! this is the first time I got teary eyed from reading a manga! kudos to you, Togashi!
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #43
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    I wonder if Alluka/Nanika is able to grant wishes that changes reality itself. Something as "Make X love me". If that's the case, I think Killua handled everything wrong since He would be able to make his family forgot about this. Or about Nanika. It's easier that way, isn't it?

    And Hisoka is surely going after Gin :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  19. #44
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    It's still unknown if Nanika powers are really limitless. After all we know already a limitation when it concerns healing. There may be others in particular I'm not sure that continuous wishes are really feasible, especially since Nanika is not always awake.
    What I am not sure to have understood is this wish/command speech pattern. Does it really work that way or is it more simply that all Killua wishes are free of charge because of his special relationship with Alluka/Nanika.
    Anyway now that it has been discovered that the pesterings can be avoided, I'm afraid for Alluka safety. I can only thinks of 2 way for it to end, either she loses her powers, either she dies...

  20. #45
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter 336 Discussion / Predictions

    I think killua's fear
    Of illumi isn't some kind of rational fear, it's like instinct and a conditioned reaction, much like when old parents tell u off and yell at u, u pretty much get owned even if they are actually frail and weak..

    Yes i do think one way or another alluka/nanika will die somehow, this character is just so broken. A killua revenge against the zoldyck arc would be interesting.

    Allukas weakness is herself and her strength or limitless power doesn't mean anything to her bec she doesn't want anything but killua's affection which is also what people might use against killua. Bec he doesn't want anything from alluka either not use him/her.

    ---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

    Hisoka /gin would be awesome!!! I hope it happens soon. Although it might not end well for Hisoka, and I want him to stay longer and make things interesting now and then

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts