Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

This is absurd...
    Tae survives in most idiotic circumstances, screaming "Kei Kei Kei Kei Kei Kei KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN", waiting for her damn prince and LIVES.
    Meanwhile, most "human" character in all of this manga, stands up to fight for her man and what does she get?..

Is it me or Oku is trying to pull sexism here?
    He is clearly showing that a right "way" for a female to live, survive, exist is to be dependent of a male.

P.S. I bet if Kei would have resurrected Kishimoto and f****d her into oblivion, it would be totally okay for some...
    Last edited by Sollum; February 08, 2012 at 06:08 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Son of a bitch.

Not going to lie. I half expect some power of love shit to bring her back. At least, that's what I want to see.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the spanish scanlation.

What Kurono says for those that are interested basically is "REEEEIKKAAAAA" during the scenes he's trying to save her. After he realizes she's gone for good he says he loved her as well, that he didn't hate her, that he regretted all the horrible stuff he said and thanked her for giving him life and making him happy.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it would be more to the lines of REI-CHAN!!! or RE-CHAN!
    Big question now is....what is he going to do? Go back to the tokyo team? doubtful. Look for a nice place to bury her or start going Cherry on all aliens. Hey image if he killed Fra. I got the feeling kei 1 will die and Tae will bump into Kei2 but Kei2 will be ignoring her cause he is hurt over Reika.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    This is absurd...
    Tae survives in most idiotic circumstances, screaming "Kei Kei Kei Kei Kei Kei KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN", waiting for her damn prince and LIVES.
    Meanwhile, most "human" character in all of this manga, stands up to fight for her man and what does she get?..

Is it me or Oku is trying to pull sexism here?
    He is clearly showing that a right "way" for a female to live, survive, exist is to be dependent of a male.

P.S. I bet if Kei would have resurrected Kishimoto and f****d her into oblivion, it would be totally okay for some...
    Woah, no.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I Surely Miss Reika.... Hope Kurono 2 will teamed up with Kurono 1 for KickAss Alien DeepShit...

BTW.... i Want Tae-chan dead.... she a very annoying person.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, what are we up to?

Kishimoto
    Sadako
    Anzu
    Reika

All throwing their lives away for men. And it was still retarded when Izumi did it.

Mary is the only female Gantzer left. She's already falling for Kaze... oh boy here we go again.

Hope when Kei catches up to Tae she starts showing symptoms of whatever the fuck disease that kid in the pet bowl had. It's only been about an hour since he died.. still possible!
    Last edited by Damura; February 08, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

And not a single fuck was given.

Right from the start of this manga the thing that annoyed me the most was the blatant fanservice and Reika was, above all, the female character that represented this the most in the entire manga.

Congratulations Oku, you had the balls to kill her...this is definitely the beggining of the end, as silly as it sounds, Reika was one of the most important characters in the manga.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner firebo14's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wanted a female main character... *sigh* i guess it is about males again... :0.. Well.. there is Mary....o.o

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I wouldn't want ANY of Oku's females as the main character. They're all terrible.

I wonder who's next to die. I guess we've established that Oku doesn't give a fuck about resolving everyone's personal stories. I think Kaze might be next.
    Last edited by Damura; February 09, 2012 at 12:50 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that isn't the case since that would mean the adventures in the CGI monster land aren't over.

It would be great if we go back to the Gantz Robot attack...since Kurono and Sakurai are there i say Sakurai could be the next to bite the dust.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I don't think Cherry's going to die. If Oku wants the tower assault to be a suicide one I guess he'll be the first to go.. It doesn't really feel like it's his time though.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand this dislike for Reika.

Oku isn't doesn't write the best characters in the world for sure, but from all of them I think Reika was one of the normal and human ones. In the beginning she sacrificed her chance for freedom to resurrect Tae, that alone for me shows that she is "human". She knew that by doing that Kurono would be even further apart from her (and she knew he was going to get his freedom) but she did it because she was selfless. Towards the end sure she acted like a egotistical bi*** by cloning Kurono 2, but even that is understandable and human.

She knew Catastrophe was coming and she knew she'd never get Kurono by normal means, so what she did IMO wasn't right by any means, but it's understandable. Compared to Tae, I do think Reika was far more complex (in it's very own Gantz scale).

Tons of fan service was always a part of Gantz, so I don't understand what's the problem. I think even Kishimoto had more fan service than Reika.

21. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because Reika did something that crossed the border of ordinary evil doesn't make her the most human in Gantz. It's understandably a hateful action, and the impact is notable to the point that she can be viewed as someone who is less of a human for having Kei2 made.

Anyway, even if it's unfair, I don't think Tae (due to her importance) will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    I wonder who's next to die. I guess we've established that Oku doesn't give a fuck about resolving everyone's personal stories. I think Kaze might be next.
    Agreed, completely contrary to what a typical shounen must-have: vindication of character before death.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner firebo14's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Compared to Tae, I do think Reika was far more complex (in it's very own Gantz scale).
    True

Quote Quote:
    I think even Kishimoto had more fan service than Reika.
    Oku created her in the beginning of the series just for fanservice for Kei (and also that Otaku girl at the Buddha mission, Kei literally fhucked her in another room while ppl are waiting near the Gantz ball...lol o.o).. and when he notice what he did was useless, she dies. Simple as that.

Though Reika, indeed,
    Quote Quote:
    Gat: "was one of the most important characters in the manga."
    Oku just need to let her live... D:.. not for just fanservice, but the story as well. I imagine her as a female main character.Well, Kei is fine now. Kei is was just too mean to her.. now at chapter 357, he finally shows his care (and maybe love?) to Reika.. :]

About Reika (correct me if i am wrong?):

Reika is a popular girl celebrity idol. She is a girl who does not highly like people (who likes popular people, example, notice when she 1st appeared in the Gantz ball room, then the ppl got excited and say things like, "OMG, IS THAT REIKA? I AM SUCH A FAN!"). The reason she likes Kei is because he treats those who are in high needs (for example, that 'old man') or '1st come, 1st serve' (example, he met Tae before Reika, and when Reika asked him if he met Reika 1st, would he love her? He puts his head down and says 'yes')

About Kei Kishimoto:

There are 2 girls, the clone and the original (from Gantz EXA).. I want to know more about the original... hmm? And which one is it?
    Last edited by firebo14; February 09, 2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: About Reika...

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast