Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

I was involved in a massive thread about Reika and how lots hate and keep going on about how she cloned kurono. Somnus thats correct, i kept saying it too but people just hate. Reason being my guess is that shes too perfect? too good and they get jealous of her character. It was like hate on Inaba (but he had good points for people to hate him lol) then he goes so everybody hates on Reika.
    Personally she was my favourite character amd by that I don't mean by the fan service crap. I liked how she was a celeb and had a crush on Kei and I was always cheering her on. Kinda like Hinata is with Naruto from the manga Naruto lol.

@Enn I think it is only fair if Tae does die soon, all those near death made the manga not seem surreal anymore and cheesy. Oku has always done the cheesy chapters over Kei and Tae that you would get from a story...I loved her character at the start but last year Oku killed her creditability with all those meaningless panels of her taking away from plot and having what Oku thinks is exciting near deaths.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't understand the Reika hate as well. She is hands down the most likable female in the manga who gave up her points to res the love of her life's girlfriend. Reika was more complicated and realistic than any girl in the manga and sure was not annoying. Compare her to Tae, Kishimoto, Lara Croft and Anuzu. Reika is leagues above them. I liked Lara Croft but come on, she was totally unrealistic compared to Reika.

I just hate how Tae survived 1000x naked on this ship and Reika, who suffered zero damage since the invasion gets hit once and dies.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

She can actually die now because both Kuronos currently have no access to her (she can just get squished by those Gantz mecha; worse, if it's Kei1's mecha). But no, she's most probably in the safe haven of that alien who helped Kei1 find her.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Reika was a terrible female character since her very beginnings (to fill the fanservice hole left by Kishimoto).

No...Oku can't make a female lead without involving some love sub-plot where the female in question falls desperately in love with a main lead. Siince most readers are supposed to empathise with the main characters, i guess it can't be helped to like the hot chick with big tits falling in love with the character of your preference. After all, fanservice is a tool to attract readers right?

No, Jayday...it's not about hating Reika, it's about not giving a damn about characters who were only created to give you a hard on in a story like this one. For me, the fanservice aspect of this manga was never necessary because the story, the action, the mistery and the suspense were good enough to mantain the interest for it. Fanservice has always been a cheap tool to attract readers and it will always be and i didn't like Reika not because fanservice was the main point of her character, but because everything else was not worked good enough. There are some good characters out there with big tits, nice body and they are interesting and i like them.

You know, when she revived Tae i thought "Damn...maybe she doesn't have to be Kurono's groupie anymore and she can be an indepedent female character". Yeah...it didn't work in the Osaka arc since she barely did anything outstanding or was the central point of the subplots presented in the arc unlike Kaze, Kato or even Host Samurai. Her most iconic scenes were her ass or tits shots. Then Kurono is back again and she becomes again a love interest...Oku shows she can't be without Kurono.

Then the Rome arc, "my god she is snipping for like...4 PANELS, she is the best female character ever!", nothing. Then Kurono2 happens and i think Oku did this primordially to please the fanboys who wanted Kurono to fuck Reika, not because she was a strong, independent, good female character...but because she is hot, the hate for Tae starts there (i'm not saying you all hate her for this), because some people wanted Kurono to be with the hot chick and not the ugly simple girl, fuck love, fuck plot development.

See what i mean? it's not about her being a good fighter, it's not a about getting 100 points twice, it's not about liking Tae, it's about her personality and her reason to be, she is literally a fanboys dream, it's Oku Hiroya relying too much on fan service to make a character instead of relying on good writing. I find it disguting. She never had this epic fight against an enemy like the main boys, in this aspect i preffer Sakuraoka and i'm not saying she wasn't based on the same concept but at least her fights were fucking awesome. You see her shooting but nothing really worked, her best fight was against the Oni Alien that could transform but at the end it has to be the main boy Kurono who came to kill the alien. Her 200 points, damn that means nothing when we don't see her doing all the hard work to obtain them...just a couple of panels.
    Last edited by GAT-X252; February 09, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for Reika in the Osaka arc than Kato would have never gotten the 100 points....

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    If it wasn't for Reika in the Osaka arc than Kato would have never gotten the 100 points....
    You are talking about a situation where 5 people were involved in killing an alien, and you bring out just one above all...? The same person who was about to get killed even when she was hiding. (no, i'm not saying she did something wrong, i'm saying she happened to be that person).

http://www.mangareader.net/97-1440-7...apter-278.html

My point was about her not being outstanding in that arc, and it remains right because Kato, Anzu and HS were the main guys there.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    You are talking about a situation where 5 people were involved in killing an alien, and you bring out just one above all...? The same person who was about to get killed even when she was hiding. (no, i'm not saying she did something wrong, i'm saying she happened to be that person).

My point was about her not being outstanding in that arc, and it remains right because Kato, Anzu and HS were the main guys there.
    I never gave much thought to this scene, but is this the first time katou ever kills an alien? I cant remember if he killed something else in this arc at all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post

I think they were all important in that moment in the fight. Least being Anuz who pulled a dumb Kishimoto. Still Reika was better in that arc than Nishi, Cherry, Sakata, Old man and Inaba. Not to mention way better than the 2 female survivors on the Osaka side who really did nothing.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner firebo14's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Reika also has a kind personality...and much more... not just fanservice.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Some haters must be ready to RAGEEE from now cuz the only explication for not showing Reika's fight is that IT WILL be showed to us as memories of herself before her revival.

P.S. what happened with the english translation???
    Last edited by xanagu; February 09, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I see Black Humor in this?
    I mean what is the whole point of giving her CPR while her breasts are all out in the open like that?It was kind of weird, Oku has not shown her off apart from the tight suit, right? And the paneling was also done strange with Kei pumping on her chest as well. Also the alien is done for? This one had real potential, Nura levels! D:

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

1) If taken out of context, some of the panels my suggest that Kei is a necrophiliac.

2) Hey look! He really did love her in the end? Too bad she's dead now huh?

3) Why the **** would they omitt such an epic battle, especially the way the sword seemingly got stuck in the pavement during the final epic blow.

4) In the end the squad was saved by Reika, not Kei. Lol @ us all.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shion Izumi View Post
    ... Still Reika was better in that arc than Nishi, Cherry, Sakata, Old man and Inaba. Not to mention way better than the 2 female survivors on the Osaka side who really did nothing.
    No. Sakata blocked the psychic form of Nuri, and saved the whole team, so he was pretty useful, more than Reika.

And yeah, freeing Reika from her clothes was pointless... if Oku wanted to show her tits, he should have done so, that the monster should've ripped her suit. It was indeed more like black humour than a hartbreaking tragic chapter. for me at least..

I hope he wont finish all plot like this, skipping the fight scene, just to finish he story in time, as he said. This is dumb..

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all. Wow. Cant believe she died. Second, Wow! she had big tits! Atleast he had the decency to redress her while carrying her out. But seriously if Reika is dead im almost fed up with this manga. Plot has been non existant forever, and if you kill off characters i actually like of course im going to lose interest. I see alot of people hated Reika, but seriously, she atleast seemed the most realistic. She acted out of emotions which most of us would have been in a similar place, yet everyone bashes her. And fine, I can accept people just dont outright like her, but look at the alternatives. Kaze never speaks and he is just brute force, the kid is annoying Katou is a retard who doesnt ever seem to kill aliens and is surviving by outright luck. Cherry is likeable, but doesnt even seem like a person you can relate to anymore since he is in rage mode. Tai.. Ughhh dont even get me started.. and Kei seems to be an antihero at best. Your options suck, and everyone hates the one normal girl. If she wasnt hot and instead looked like a troll, all of a sudden people would love her because of her personality. But cause she is the hot alternative to Tai everyone went fanboy rage. Ill miss her character, and atleast the one attractive person in the manga lol.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I wish I could of been moved or whatever like you guys because when I read this chapter it was nothing but confusion and then literal laughing out loud! First I was like, "WTF!? Did I miss a chapter what's going on?? Huh...is Reika inside the ground? Why is she in the ground? Oh wait there she is..I must of missed a chapter."

Then it's just awkward stares at this chapter as Kei rubs his head into her boobs and I start to ponder why he pulled up her shirt. Then he walks off holding her and I imagine Kei and Cherry fighting aliens while swinging their dead girls corpses around.

Oh well Reika the wierdo mascot is gone.

What's this Gantz Perfect Answer thing that's coming to blu ray and dvd that's advertised?

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast