Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lolnameless's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Thats not something I can't disagree with and I think most people would agree that on Reika and her fan-service aspects. A while back there was the whole issue of how Reika was better than Tae and so on. I still think that people overlooked her combat skills. Even in the current or last fight, she took out the boss that Kei could not. Also its not like Oku helps out here either by adding the boob shot, etc.
    just think about it, reika couldn't shoot as crazy as kei2 did with x rifle, kei2 shot that thing to half dead in seconds.
    how kei good at using x rifle(s) was shown in many scenes in many chapters.
    and reika uses Z gun which she thinks it's more reliable but in practice it didn't do any (observable) damage.
    also, she already knew that the alien can attack without even a touch before she fires, it's a great advantage,
    kei2 didnt know that, he was like "OMG the triggers", and that took him seconds to know what happened, if kei2 fight him for the second time, he could run like crazy + shoot like crazy then throw away the rifles and forward with blade, which saves him seconds to attack and the alien wouldnt have time to react.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anime9999 View Post
    I still reiterate the remak about that thing alien drawing; 3D just fails imho, why doesn't oku just draw them the way he did before (remember Nurarihyon and his bosses were awesome...)

I also assume that Reika won't die, oku just want to find a reason Kei-2 loves Reika and doesn't hate her anymore... (well hopefully)
    If this chapter is not enough to prove that Reika is dead i don't know what is then...death certificate mayhaps?

She is clearly not breathing, there is a hole in her back, Kurono is pretty much sorry for everything and gives her a last kiss (Like Kato and Kishimoto in the third mission)...the only way Reika is alive is for Kurono2 to be very, very stupid and not realize she is still alive.

I guess is easier to draw monsters like this or maybe Oku is just practicing his computer skills.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member smokeesid's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

To be frank these days I couldn't understand the action because I can't interpret the scenes. But I am not rereading it or looking for beter scans as i have planned to one day purchase the volume
    Some people are born like keys who move this world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree she is seemingly dead, but wait... we all know how gruesome deaths are portrayed in Gantz huh?...there is a tiny possibility that she survives after a transfer (hopefully)??

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    kurono2's a lil bitch, wasn't he trying to discard reika last chapter? the things he said to her last chapter weren't things to be said in that moment, who knows how emotional she would have gotten

now here he cries like a little bitch like he cares for her...no...too late for that..go back to that pre-tennage girl tae -__-

to think he had the best of both worlds, its not like tae was completely discarded since she was with a copy of you, and you had the girl of your dreams but chose to act like a jerk at a critical moment when she was willing to help you...smh...kurono2 is disappointing..and here i was rooting for him too...

guess kurono 1 will have to do for now...smh
    It's obvious that he wanted her to leave before she get's killed. It's a suicide mission he stay behind to so everyone can escape and he knew it. The chance of his survival is 50/50 and it didn't look good when the fight started until Reika joined. The part where he said he wish he could see Tae one more time was to push Reika away but he really do cares for her.
    I really do missed her now that she's gone. I hope they put in another female character who is strong this time. What about that white girl with their group Mary McClain? We have yet to see what she is capable of. She looked like she don't fight but then she was brave enough to join them on a suicide rescue mission.

Love is like a hurricane.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You could say, This whole chapter was filled with holes.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

guys f@#k reika...let's hope oku gets back to what this manga was from the start...gory ass-kisking fights.let's see katou,kei1 or nishi...hell lets see kishimoto...but all else lets see some story movement.all these fodder alien fights are getting on my nerves...lets see the invaders and what they are here for.a lot of this doesn't make sense...did the invaders release these creatures in their own ship/enviroment?if so that would make absolutely no sense by some superior race...how could they control such things...being pawned by gantzers and all?i love this manga but i'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks the lastest stuff is dribble...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I kind of miss that part where Oku actually gives us a good fight scene.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-tyme7 View Post
    It's obvious that he wanted her to leave before she get's killed. It's a suicide mission he stay behind to so everyone can escape and he knew it. The chance of his survival is 50/50 and it didn't look good when the fight started until Reika joined. The part where he said he wish he could see Tae one more time was to push Reika away but he really do cares for her.
    I really do missed her now that she's gone. I hope they put in another female character who is strong this time. What about that white girl with their group Mary McClain? We have yet to see what she is capable of. She looked like she don't fight but then she was brave enough to join them on a suicide rescue mission.
    Check back a few issues.

mary already fought and shes fucking incredibly strong. she took out one of those big aliens single handely while kei and katou needed to fight together just to take down one.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

She killed two of them actually.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

She killed two of them actually.
    But - she will be killed next in Kaze's love story arc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But - she will be killed next in Kaze's love story arc.
    I am going to laugh so fuckin hard when they DONT fall in love.

I can't believe everyone actually thinks theres something between them, just because they shared glances in between fights. Or she just looked at him. IM not sure which happened.

If Oku gives Kaze a love interest, then jesus fuckin christ is gantz really going down hill.

Its not that its a big deal, but for the past 3 months nothing has been happeneing, and I dont want to see useless meaningless shit keep happening.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just saying how it's likely she will be killed. Okinawa pairs characters and that's a sign of their death.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just saying how it's likely she will be killed. Okinawa pairs characters and that's a sign of their death.
    I hear ya, but its not just you that thinks they are in love.

Most of the guys around here agree there's a love conflict based on a single panel of her looking at him.

I just dont want kaze to have this form of character development, he already has takeshi.Or whatever the kids name is. He doesn't need to become a loving husband also.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

well I'm also in the "maybe she isn't dead" boat. Oku loves showing how do the characters get killed, and she just sort of dropped dead after killing the alien, it'd seem.

but the entire chapter being about kei2 crying over her death does sound like she's confirmed dead, so eh, I'm confused now. Maybe kei 2 is hallucinating **** while Reika is fighting the alien?

I guess we'll know for sure when he meets somebody. Now we can hopefully go back to kei 1

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast