Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 357 Discussion/358 Prediction Thread

Reika was a dumb bitch who died in vain... look forward to seeing more laughs when Kishimoto shows up again.

The plot is horrible at this point & the arts just as silly. lol I don't know how some people take this manga seriously anymore; nothing makes any sense. I love tae, I hate Reika, I love Reika, I don't remember the last time this manga was good. Oku must be high. I bet he reads the forums and does the opposite of what people want. "They're tired of Tae chan, that means MORE TAE CHAN!" ... "You want to see an important character die realistically? NOPE!"

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the Katastrophe arc is not that great. It had some highlights though (berserker Cherry, Gantz's death, Zaibatsu guys). I keep hope for the overall arc to be satisfying.
    If old characters will appear, let it be the vampires... not Kishimoto for gods sake, she is dead since like 300 chapters ago.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    Reika was a dumb bitch who died in vain... look forward to seeing more laughs when Kishimoto shows up again.

The plot is horrible at this point & the arts just as silly. lol I don't know how some people take this manga seriously anymore; nothing makes any sense. I love tae, I hate Reika, I love Reika, I don't remember the last time this manga was good. Oku must be high. I bet he reads the forums and does the opposite of what people want. "They're tired of Tae chan, that means MORE TAE CHAN!" ... "You want to see an important character die realistically? NOPE!"
    Ya, Oku is to loose with his panels, with the bi-weekly release and the amount of pages per release he ends up using to many panels to tell a story that should be told in less panels. There area lot of subplots going on within the catastrophe but at the same time one of the plots really seem to be part of the main story. I guess the best way to put it is the story is stagnant and while these chapters should be revealing things to us, all they are doing is procrastinating the main plot in favor of rescuing loved ones. While I can understand the importance of saving someone important to you, in terms of Tae, there was just way to many chapters
    depicting her journey to being saved only to have Kei be called in for a fight lol.

Hopefully though now that this little journey is over with we'll be able to focus on the main point of this arc or ye know what about focus on Nishi who seemed to of found something out. The carnage of Cherry doesn't seem like it'll lead to anything the only thing I see coming out of that is the "truth" that the Gantzers are an evil group trying to ruin the "alliance" between the humans and aliens lol.

With anything though we'll prolly see a hard to follow fight with the real kei as he's fighting on the robot doing whatever his task is lol. But ya that is another thing that's going on with this part of the arc, that alien was just weird. It's prolly obvious that Oku had no idea how to make this monsters attacks threatening on a one on one fight so he just wrote off the fight and killed her offscreen to save him the trouble of trying to make an engaging fight with the monster lol. At least it's over though, let's hope the next chapter gives us something interesting lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tae's story should have been cut short at that house she was in, with that kid. And he should have kept the kid alive to torment her a little bit more. He was a way bigger threat to her than anything else she's been through.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the panels of Reika's death and fight were done well or beautifully? The scene of the wound in her back and the one of Kei carrying her corpse away were really good. Now that we have this side story out of the way, maybe we can get back to some plot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the Tae arc should of ended after escaping that house she should of wandered to that tv after that...she had so many pages to the escape house, I remember complaining how Oku during then did lots of tae pages and then afterwards I got use to it........ -.-

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Not only that, he did huge panels with Tae's face (saying only 'Kei-chain') all the time he did those chapters about her luck. I guess Oku really loves Tae or has something in store of her (i.e. most horrible death, happy ending with Kei1 or 2).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post

Ha ha... I second that. Very true in my opinion.
    Hello Oku!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ Hopefully a epic death.... this manga should be called TAEZ - gantz

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since all there is to do during the time between manga releases is nit pick the series.

The whole following tae around thing could have been done in a fashion that wouldn't have made it a waste of time and panel.

Walking outside gave us the unique experience to just see the alien species living their lives. But all we learned was that they like watching entertainment on TV just like we do.

It felt to me we were a "reality" show for the aliens.

Theres no reason more of the aliens culture couldnt have been shown going on while she was aimlessly running around.

Actually now that i think about it, there seemed to be a running theme of the aliens invaders EATING the humans. Before cherry goes crazy, he witnesses the soilders using the humans are rations, and comparing their taste to other aliens they've eaten.

Then when Kei 1 was holding that female alien hostage, she said she was delivering rations or something said they were.

I would have loved for Tae to see a huge all you can eat buffet of humans. And then we watch Tae's mind snap like a fucking twig.

After all, Tae has seen all her classmates killed by an alien, watched her mother die in front of her, and saw all her classmates die a SECOND TIME during katastrophe.
    Last edited by kliff2004; February 20, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9