Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Complete absolute remake of the Gantz movies by the U.S. (United States/America)?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Complete absolute remake of the Gantz movies by the U.S. (United States/America)?

Why? This is the part I don't understand; the desire to see manga or anime acted out by actors. I mean I get wanted to see manga in motion and special effects etc but they were animated and done well already. I didn't even see the movies yet because the things they were suppose to cover was already covered in the anime.

I think movies should be movies and anime should be anime.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Complete absolute remake of the Gantz movies by the U.S. (United States/America)?

Yeah, I'd rather see another attempt at a proper anime than another couple of movies.

It's just difficult to capture the feeling and development of an extended series and translate it into a couple hours of film.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres a gold mine of just filler type movies.

They could have made a movie following izumi and his past, which would have been a great chance to show the Shinjuku massacre or whatever it was that he was apart of.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Enn's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Filler type movies like what they did/do in Bleach? I'd pass... or maybe my preference of manga over and against anime/live action is just overwhelming.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enn View Post
    ^ Filler type movies like what they did/do in Bleach? I'd pass... or maybe my preference of manga over and against anime/live action is just overwhelming.
    Filler, as in the example that I typed out.

re-read what I said.

most anime movies are shit because they have no real relevance to the story.

But if you read my post, I said "I'd love to see izumi's story in a movie"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

People people just leave this topic alone, if they made a movie of Gantz in America it would ruin everything Gantz. Japan is a kick ass country and to see America show off their Gantz would be horrible. Well to be honest it would be very interesting to see a movie, but they wouldn't make it right, bits and pieces left out, suits are different, guns are different they'd change everything to appeal to a more American like person and idea like superman, spider man heroes not antiheroes, not the negative in society. So I think they need to leave the whole "Live action" thing and start an OVA of Gantz, a full one with oku's help of course.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

What about a UK Gantz then?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmmm interesting, a Britain styled gantz. Heyy I have nothing against this whole idea, I just think they gonna screw up big time and make it look a lot like THE AVENGERS! Loloolollolol I think they need to make an animated movie about Gantz minus. Or something anime related set in the same universe, you saw what they did in live action, they screwed up big time!

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hilarious that your worried about "other countries" screwing up gantz.

If you didn't notice, Japan raped the gantz movies.

No one could possibly make a WORSE gantz movie, than the japanese already have.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Do not underestimate America.

After what happened to DBZ they might keep Gantz set in Japan only they'd swap out Kei for a 16 year old white American boy.
    Last edited by Damura; April 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BL-Tomoe's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... just watched 300 and Sin City again... I think those guys who did that could do a good Gantz movie...

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This type of movie seems kind of risky to make, first off since it would be incredibly expensive to make it look good, and I don't think it can earn enough money to not be a flop, because of the demographics, if they stay true to the manga, the movie would be extremely gory, and that wouldn't attract most cinema goers, beside the fan base of the manga, which is pretty big but nothing on DBZ or Naruto level.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    ^

Do not underestimate America.

After what happened to DBZ they might keep Gantz set in Japan only they'd swap out Kei for a 16 year old white American boy.
    you dick.

I tried my hardest to suppress that memory. Now its back in full force.

There isn't a word in the english language harsh enough to describe my resentment for that movie.

I was hoping a live action DBZ movie was gonna be done by the guys that did Shaolin soccer, and Kung Fu hustle.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

America is setting Akira in New York; it's safe to say if America did Gantz they'd do the same thing. (Assuming it gets picked up by Hollywood)

Which of course wouldn't work well with most of the monsters in Gantz, seeing as they all have strong ties to the culture.

What would America's Gantz monsters be? Ronald McDonald? Statues from Westboro Baptist Church?

I'd love to see a proper Gantz remake, it's got the best chances in the hands of an indie director IMO.

Just look at some of the fan movies for games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Kickstarter, anyone?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Wouldn't matter where it's set. Most of us aren't Japanese and the aliens are fine. In any case I doubt it would be good. American teens make for shit actors. Or at least if there are any decent ones tv and movies have somehow fucking missed every single one of them.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast