Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Gon and Killua Separation!

  1. #1
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Gon and Killua Separation!

    Remember that Palm told Killua that if he unsuccessfully protected Gon. He must leave Gon's side

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    They wont be separated by that. And now that Killua effectively saved Gon, I think everything is fine.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    520
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    I wonder what Gon's reaction to finding out about Alluka or how he was healed will be (I assume he will find out somehow), Secrets can cause a rift in the friendship. I for one hope they are together forever though, they're so cute together (especially in the anime, both of them)

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #4
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    To me it seems like Leerio might spill the beans to Gon.. lol Because during their last conversation Gon was quite suspicious of what Leorio was saying... lol

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    I'm pretty sure the fact that Killua told everyone to not tell Gon it was he who healed him is a sign he's not planning on being back. He's also got the portable Dragonballs (he told Nanika not to accept other people's wishes, not his wishes). There literally can be no meaningful plot left if he is still in the party, because it'd always be like: "Oh no XYZ is too strong, let me consult my portable Dragonballs!" He's got Alluka/Nanika and Ikalgo now. He really has no reason to put up with a guy who has been a horrible friend anyway.

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #6
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    They also lied about Former Chairman Netero's Death.

  12. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'm pretty sure the fact that Killua told everyone to not tell Gon it was he who healed him is a sign he's not planning on being back. He's also got the portable Dragonballs (he told Nanika not to accept other people's wishes, not his wishes). There literally can be no meaningful plot left if he is still in the party, because it'd always be like: "Oh no XYZ is too strong, let me consult my portable Dragonballs!" He's got Alluka/Nanika and Ikalgo now. He really has no reason to put up with a guy who has been a horrible friend anyway.
    Rofl, Yeah you obviously have issue with Killua. O yeah Killua loves having the "dragonballs" around now he could do whatever he wants now because he doesn't give a crap about anybody but himself... Well said.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #8
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Maybe now Gon learned a way to know who lies and who doesn't as part of his new Nen :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    i'm afraid readers have to say goodbye to Killua for now (maybe a long while, like Kurapika), because he's now burden with a story balance ruining power.

    Now only that, He can't carry Aruka on his back on his journey with Gon. Gon will continue to travel around, train, get stronger, have adventures....Aruka will just drag the two behind as the two would have to babysit her. She's so infantile, not even a normal 10 years old.

    Killua has also found his purpose (to protect Aruka), so like Kurapika, his 'arc' is over for now. So I think he'll take a long break from the front stage.

    So Killua will disappear to babysit his sister, I'll miss him but I'd rather have HxH story get back onto its track with more adventures and training.

    I'm so over Aruka/Nanika, she's not interesting to begin with really, and now her ridiculous power is a threat to open all kinds of worms for the future stories. Anything happens from now, people will ask "why can't Killua just ask for it?" And she's just reeks of a Mary Sue character.

    Btw ti's Bisque who asked Killua to leave, not Palm. And that arc was over when Killua pulled the pin out.
    Last edited by chei; February 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    i'm afraid readers have to say goodbye to Killua for now (maybe a long while, like Kurapika), because he's now burden with a story balance ruining power.

    Now only that, He can't carry Aruka on his back on his journey with Gon. Gon will continue to travel around, train, get stronger, have adventures....Aruka will just drag the two behind as the two would have to babysit her. She's so infantile, not even a normal 10 years old.

    Killua has also found his purpose (to protect Aruka), so like Kurapika, his 'arc' is over for now. So I think he'll take a long break from the front stage.

    So Killua will disappear to babysit his sister, I'll miss him but I'd rather have HxH story get back onto its track with more adventures and training.

    I'm so over Aruka/Nanika, she's not interesting to begin with really, and now her ridiculous power is a threat to open all kinds of worms for the future stories. Anything happens from now, people will ask "why can't Killua just ask for it?" And she's just reeks of a Mary Sue character.

    Btw ti's Bisque who asked Killua to leave, not Palm. And that arc was over when Killua pulled the pin out.
    Alluka's pretty much a dead end in terms of story progression. If Killua doesn't use Alluka's super powers, she's literally just a normal person waiting to be mauled by anybody with even a minimal understanding of aura (remember you can potentially kill a person who doesn't understand aura by just projecting aura toward them). Of course if you use Alluka's power then there's no possible issue that cannot be solved. So either Killua continues a bunch of death defying adventure while protecting a person with no fighting ability whatsoever, or he uses Alluka's powers to make these death defying adventures not really that death defying.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    i'm afraid readers have to say goodbye to Killua for now (maybe a long while, like Kurapika), because he's now burden with a story balance ruining power.

    Now only that, He can't carry Aruka on his back on his journey with Gon. Gon will continue to travel around, train, get stronger, have adventures....Aruka will just drag the two behind as the two would have to babysit her. She's so infantile, not even a normal 10 years old.

    Killua has also found his purpose (to protect Aruka), so like Kurapika, his 'arc' is over for now. So I think he'll take a long break from the front stage.

    So Killua will disappear to babysit his sister, I'll miss him but I'd rather have HxH story get back onto its track with more adventures and training.

    I'm so over Aruka/Nanika, she's not interesting to begin with really, and now her ridiculous power is a threat to open all kinds of worms for the future stories. Anything happens from now, people will ask "why can't Killua just ask for it?" And she's just reeks of a Mary Sue character.

    Btw ti's Bisque who asked Killua to leave, not Palm. And that arc was over when Killua pulled the pin out.
    First of all, you basing all off this last chapter, lol..are you togashi? You already know what Killua is gonna end up doing? You know the limitations of Alluka's power? Is protecting Alluka his true and only goal he was looking for in life? Is HxH that predictable? Rofl, these comments are just to funny.

    ---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Alluka's pretty much a dead end in terms of story progression. If Killua doesn't use Alluka's super powers, she's literally just a normal person waiting to be mauled by anybody with even a minimal understanding of aura (remember you can potentially kill a person who doesn't understand aura by just projecting aura toward them). Of course if you use Alluka's power then there's no possible issue that cannot be solved. So either Killua continues a bunch of death defying adventure while protecting a person with no fighting ability whatsoever, or he uses Alluka's powers to make these death defying adventures not really that death defying.
    How is she dead in terms of story progression??? You don't know what her wishes are capable of, and it seems like you know this story better than Togashi.. Stop basing your inferences on just this last chapter alone.

    Dude it's okay, you don't have to worry about Killua, when ever a chapter about Killua and his sister come up you have don't read it. Since you already know whats gonna happen.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    For now, Killua's purpose is to protect Alluka from the likes of Illumi, Hisoka and his family. Killua has a comfortable headstart against Illumi and can head anywhere. Gon will also most likely travel with Ant Kaito from now on and take him under his wing. The both of them will continue their training but on a different path.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  24. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Just because there's no consequence for Killua using Alluka's power doesn't mean there's no consequence for Alluka using such power.
    What if the whole reason WHY Killua can use Alluka's power without harm to himself is because Alluka is somehow taking the damage instead.

    C'mon people this is TOGASHI we're talking about. There's gonna be SOME kind of consequence to using Alluka's power.

    Did Togashi say LOL KURAPICA HAS SCARLET EYES SO HE GETS UNLIMITED POWER? NO! Kurapica had to make a life threatening vow to gain power that would ONLY work on the spiders and the spiders salone

    Did Togashi say LOL GON IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. And just had him be super strong for no reason? No! He lost all his potential as a Hunter (nen wise)
    and nearly DIED until Killua used Alluka to save him.

    Here's a thought. If there is NO consequence for using Alluka why didn't Killua use Alluka before? For example to get Greed Island

    If you say well Togashi hadn't thought of Alluka back then and Alluka was retconned into the story. Well who says Togashi can't
    retcon Alluka some limitations?

    Sheesh, I found the Election Arc dull but I was at least willing to give it a chance. I'm still willing.

    But y'all are like "the series is ruined" after one lousy chapter. Gimme a break.

  25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  26. #14
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Just because there's no consequence for Killua using Alluka's power doesn't mean there's no consequence for Alluka using such power.
    What if the whole reason WHY Killua can use Alluka's power without harm to himself is because Alluka is somehow taking the damage instead.

    C'mon people this is TOGASHI we're talking about. There's gonna be SOME kind of consequence to using Alluka's power.

    Did Togashi say LOL KURAPICA HAS SCARLET EYES SO HE GETS UNLIMITED POWER? NO! Kurapica had to make a life threatening vow to gain power that would ONLY work on the spiders and the spiders salone

    Did Togashi say LOL GON IS THE MAIN CHARACTER. And just had him be super strong for no reason? No! He lost all his potential as a Hunter (nen wise)
    and nearly DIED until Killua used Alluka to save him.

    Here's a thought. If there is NO consequence for using Alluka why didn't Killua use Alluka before? For example to get Greed Island

    If you say well Togashi hadn't thought of Alluka back then and Alluka was retconned into the story. Well who says Togashi can't
    retcon Alluka some limitations?
    Well, there are consequences...I mean, Alluka's not able to being him/herself while using his powers, but he shares his body with some god-like entity....ok, he does get along with Nanika, but I think not being your own person (in the most literal sense) it's a pretty high price to pay for a power that you can't use for yourself

  27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  28. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    Well, there are consequences...I mean, Alluka's not able to being him/herself while using his powers, but he shares his body with some god-like entity....ok, he does get along with Nanika, but I think not being your own person (in the most literal sense) it's a pretty high price to pay for a power that you can't use for yourself
    perhaps Killua is scared of Alluka's other self?

  29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts