Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gon and Killua Separation!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gon and Killua Separation!

I'm pretty sure there's a consquence, other wise Killua would be invincible.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember this:
    Whatever we post here cannot change what TOGASHI would do to his next chapters... So don't quarrel that seriously. We're all HxH Fans afterall

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    Remember this:
    Whatever we post here cannot change what TOGASHI would do to his next chapters... So don't quarrel that seriously. We're all HxH Fans afterall
    true all we can do is hope that Togashi delivers

and I say SO FAR SO GOOD!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    perhaps Killua is scared of Alluka's other self?
    Well....taking into consideration the last chapter, I doubt it....I think he loves Nanika.....but also thinks of it as "Endless Darkness"...plus, he can use It's powers for free (guess there's a clause about who Nanika or Alluka loves the most)

So....maybe he is? Maybe he just wants to protect It? I think the only one Killua's afraid of, is Illumi

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It already said there's no consequence except it makes Killua feel guilty. Even if there's some hidden consequence it sure isn't so bad that made Killua hesitate to teleport Ilumi away, and for all the mental block and whatnot, that's someone he in theory could've fought on this own (maybe not win, but he's shown signs of being able to stand up to him before).

So basically if Alluka stays with Killua and they go on adventure with Gon, they can never face a threat that's more dangerous than Ilumi, because if Killua didn't hesitate to teleport Ilumi away he sure isn't going to risk his/Gon's/Alluka's life over any comparable threat. But if you use Alluka's power then obviously no threat is a real threat compared to that kind of power.

Let's say Gon started fighting Hisoka to the death and he's losing while Killua watches with Alluka in tow. Is he really going to just let Gon die or do you think he'll just teleport Hisoka away?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It already said there's no consequence except it makes Killua feel guilty. Even if there's some hidden consequence it sure isn't so bad that made Killua hesitate to teleport Ilumi away, and for all the mental block and whatnot, that's someone he in theory could've fought on this own (maybe not win, but he's shown signs of being able to stand up to him before).

So basically if Alluka stays with Killua and they go on adventure with Gon, they can never face a threat that's more dangerous than Ilumi, because if Killua didn't hesitate to teleport Ilumi away he sure isn't going to risk his/Gon's/Alluka's life over any comparable threat. But if you use Alluka's power then obviously no threat is a real threat compared to that kind of power.

Let's say Gon started fighting Hisoka to the death and he's losing while Killua watches with Alluka in tow. Is he really going to just let Gon die or do you think he'll just teleport Hisoka away?
    Killua could simply be unaware of the consequences.

I say Alluka is taking the toll for Killua and Killua just doesn't know.

It's even possible Alluka is taking the toll for Killua and Alluka doesn't know.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

Fighting Illumi is one thing. Fighting Illumi while protecting Alluka is one entirely different. Illumi could hit Alluka with some needle and manipulate her into coming with him, or (pretend to) attack Alluka to force Killua to surrender. Remember, Allluka WAS Illumi's target. Also, on your Gon VS Hisoka example, he'd most likely enter the fight and help Gon, IF Gon said that was okay. I really doubt he would wish Hisoka away like that. That said, Killua probably won't travel with Gon for the time being.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Killua will only wish for stuff if Alluka is directly endangered. And I mean DIRECTLY endangered, not in danger of being attacked some random time or whatever. Say, if Hisoka suddenly showed up and wanted to kill Alluka, no doubt he would wish him away. If Killua was sure he wanted nothing with Alluka and simply wanted to fight Killua, and Killua alone, he would gladly fight Hisoka to the death.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Alluka is nothing but a normal girl, theorically she could be killed by Illumi's Nem alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So far to me, Aruka is a Mary-suesque, story balance ruining character who's created to separate Killua from Gon/Main story arc, or the series is ending. I don't see much 'potential' in this character without making the story all about fighting over her. And no matter what, readers will come down to 'why can't Killua just wish for this and that' to solve whatever obstacle there might be. So she seems like a device to force Killua out of the main character role.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

See How Powerful Alluka's Appearance in the Story is?
    Almost all of us wonder how TOGASHI will use her in the next chapters...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    See How Powerful Alluka's Appearance in the Story is?
    Almost all of us wonder how TOGASHI will use her in the next chapters...
    I think that Killua will turn Alluka into a Nen user. Problem solved.

Credits:Shinsatsu

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's why she's such a Mary Sue who came out of nowhere, and totally ruin the story balance. And I wonder (worry) how Togashi will use her without people rolling their eyes. To me the only way he can use her is to get rid of her. I don't think such presence is interesting at all for story sake, and quite impossible to continue on. The way she's written just felt like a device instead of an actual character (thus the lack of personality). I hope Killua and Alluka will bow out forever ala Kurapika from now on.
    Last edited by chei; February 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    Yeah that's why she's such a Mary Sue who came out of nowhere, and totally ruin the story balance. And I wonder (worry) how Togashi will use her without people rolling their eyes. To me the only way he can use her is to get rid of her. I don't think such presence is interesting at all for story sake, and quite impossible to continue on. The way she's written just felt like a device instead of an actual character (thus the lack of personality). I hope Killua and Alluka will bow out forever ala Kurapika from now on.
    Every post you had put on the forum are always pessimistic.. There isn't a bright side of HxH?

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    So far to me, Aruka is a Mary-suesque, story balance ruining character who's created to separate Killua from Gon/Main story arc, or the series is ending. I don't see much 'potential' in this character without making the story all about fighting over her. And no matter what, readers will come down to 'why can't Killua just wish for this and that' to solve whatever obstacle there might be. So she seems like a device to force Killua out of the main character role.
    Gon hasn't been alone since the Fourth Phase. Togashi probably will split him up with Killua because he's going to give Gon some time with his dad.

Also, Killua doesn't want to ever use Nanika's ability again. Illumi does. Conflict in interest. You can be sure that Illumi is going to be chasing after the two of them until he can control them again.

27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember the title of this discussion?
    GON AND KILLUA SEPARATION

AND THEY DID SEPERATE! :]
    BANZAI!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast