Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: How would you rate these two episodes?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10+ (pure epicness)

71 89.87%

2 2.53%

3 3.80%

1 1.27%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 or below

2 2.53%
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 248 & 249

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 248 & 249

These episodes are just amazing and it actually tugs at the heart strings quite a bit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

While i agree these epsidoes were awesome i wont say they were the best we have seen in Naruto. Well IMO anyway...I mean yes the animation was great, but we have seen better animation quality. Also while the fight scenes between Tobi and Minato were EPIC they lasted about 2 mins at most...Not enough to surpass other great Naruto episodes :S But definitely 10/10...I really teared up at the ending...Naruto anime may actually be watchable again...I havent been a fan of the anime since Hidan and Kakukuzu were killed. The standard dropped and fights i looked forward to from the manga were OK at best when animated so im kinda excited to see how great these last 4-5 episodes were...Hoping for the best
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

2 people are obviously trolling this poll.

It saddens me that I haven't had the time to comment before now, but everything has basically been said. LEGENDARY is probably one of the only words that can give justice to these two episodes. In my opinion this double episode was the best Naruto episode to date, and that says a lot when the fantastic Jiraiya vs Pain, Naruto vs Sasuke, Lee vs Gaara episodes to mention a few are counted for.

I want to say this in addition: Tobi sounded way more menacing in the anime than in the manga. The power of voice acting, it really is something. It really gave justice to his threat level.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kozar927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    While i agree these epsidoes were awesome i wont say they were the best we have seen in Naruto. Well IMO anyway...I mean yes the animation was great, but we have seen better animation quality. Also while the fight scenes between Tobi and Minato were EPIC they lasted about 2 mins at most...Not enough to surpass other great Naruto episodes :S But definitely 10/10...I really teared up at the ending...Naruto anime may actually be watchable again...I havent been a fan of the anime since Hidan and Kakukuzu were killed. The standard dropped and fights i looked forward to from the manga were OK at best when animated so im kinda excited to see how great these last 4-5 episodes were...Hoping for the best
    I agree with this more then anyone else here. this ep was deff a tear jerker and a 10/10 but how can anyone say it was the best animation when we have had so many epic fights with that beautiful fast paced animation style like naruto v sasuke, hidan and kakuzu, sasuke v killer bee, deadara v sasuke, pain v 6tk, and many more
    I need a new sig. Someone make me one plz

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    I agree with this more then anyone else here. this ep was deff a tear jerker and a 10/10 but how can anyone say it was the best animation when we have had so many epic fights with that beautiful fast paced animation style like naruto v sasuke, hidan and kakuzu, sasuke v killer bee, deadara v sasuke, pain v 6tk, and many more
    I can see your point of view...but something was defanitly special about this episode. The fact that the two episodes kinda evolved around the 4th and sanificant events that happen in these two episode was of high expectations. Not to only that but these two episode that was to show case minato jutsus. In the manga every thing looked really nice and was epic.

To translate the events from the manga (i.e. minato jutsus, tobi coldness, emotional side) to anime and enhance all the elements to a superior degree than than the manga was priceless. Sometimes that just don't happen. You can't ask more from the producers or whoever created these two episode. Sometimes people base a little to much on the anime art work. I mean maybe 1% of the anime was off if that. For the most part the animemation was perfect because I garentee you cant pinpoint 3 bad spots of art work in the animation. Not to forget that all of Minato jutsus were perfectly projected in the anime to the highest degree.

The anime was top notch and hate to see that 2 people wasted pole space giving the two episodes 5 or below. To me it's the best Naruto anime today.
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity, which technique Minato used after Tobi catched him with his chains? In the chapter I had the impression that Minato used Hiraishin -> Click

But in this episode it seems that he shunshin-jumped away.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had that impression too, since he appear right next to his tag and there was no reason for him to go to it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Moon Stricken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the manga, the sound effects written seem to imply he used Hiraishin to escape Tobi's chains. This is not for certain, but it looks that was, as he used Shunshin to grab Naruto in mid air before Tobi could stab him (Very impressive feat).
    ~Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds~

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sean79's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just curious to know:

Is there an episode coming out this week?

Cheers.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect

I just witnessed this two episodes and came here to say, that they were the best naruto episodes ever. Maybe even the best shonen episodes (you know, the prominent ones) out there. Just perfect. Action and emotion (maybe Kuinas heartbreaking speech to Naruto as she was dying was a little to long).

I'm glad everyone else thinks the same.

(voted 10 pure epicness. what else) EDIT: (or I would have done so, if I still could )
    Last edited by fcToho; February 16, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by fcToho View Post
    I just witnessed this two episodes and came here to say, that they were the best naruto episodes ever. Maybe even the best shonen episodes (you know, the prominent ones) out there. Just perfect. Action and emotion (maybe Kuinas heartbreaking speech to Naruto as she was dying was a little to long).

I'm glad everyone else thinks the same.

(voted 10 pure epicness. what else) EDIT: (or I would have done so, if I still could )
    I dont think this ep was as good as Sasori vs Sakura and Chiyo or Sasuke vs Naruto...Or Saru vs Oro etc...and in terms of shounen it definitively wasnt better than Ichi vs Ulq, Ichi vs Grimm or Ichi v Aizen...Great eps but i think ppl are getting a bit carried away...
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I very rarely tear up when watching anime, but episode 249 almost made me cry

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    I dont think this ep was as good as Sasori vs Sakura and Chiyo or Sasuke vs Naruto...Or Saru vs Oro etc...and in terms of shounen it definitively wasnt better than Ichi vs Ulq, Ichi vs Grimm or Ichi v Aizen...Great eps but i think ppl are getting a bit carried away...
    the reason it's better than anything you mentioned is because of the drama , heartbreaking moments and story.... not only cool fights though the fight is better than any one in bleach

you will not - never ever ever - find an episode like this cause Minato and kushina's death was the saddest moment in manga/anime history
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I admit that I was not blown away or anything.The episode was great,but it kinda lacked something for me.I'm probably the only one,though.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4