Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 327 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 327 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Damn judging on what you said, Guts didn't level up even though thats a massive amount of xp. He must be at a really level to do that XD
    Whats the meaning of the kid having Griffiths hair??
    non, cause it looks nothing like griffith's hair. the child was projecting its soul or aura, i guess. the aura took on a bright fiery shape, and guided gats.

big question there. what exactly has the child become? it was obviously a entity of the darkness. after its body was used to give griffith a corporeal form to use, it seems to have become an entity of light...... and not like griffith's farce light. he just gives off light, like from a lightbulb. the child seems to be an entity of bright fire.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

i contradict. i think strongly that the child was never intended for that. for no one expected gutts and casca to survive. so the hcild was also one who shouldn't be around. yet he exists. and that egg thing was never told to bring use anything else but its body.
    a part of me thinks it possible that the child Wanted its body mixed into Femto........... which means that it manipulated femto..... god that would be a collossal irony.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

you do realize that femto can see into fate itself. he needs no direct spy. and he also shares the collossal Arrogance of the god hand. they ignore the fact they are not truly omniscient, far from it, and believe themselves untouchable......... and considering they never dared take a direct hit from anyone, be it the Skullknight's sword or gatt's cannon, it seems they are more destructable than they let on.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not believe Griffisu knows everything that's going on since he went to visit Gatsu and Caska back when the cave got destroyed to see if he still held attachment. He claimed he didn't, but then he went and protected Caska without intending to. I think that god himself, I forget what they call him, knows fate as far as it can be known and I suspect he showed Griffisu/Femto about taking Gatsu's child, hence the rape. But I suspect that he wasn't told what would happen after that, that Griffisu "living his dream" is his task for the god of fate.

The child that saves Gatsu, I suspect, is either the elf king himself or an agent from him. The child first appeared on the beach which touches on the ocean that leads to the elf king's island. It makes sense that there would be scouts from the elf king in this time of turmoil and it makes sense that he'd want to stick around with Gatsu and company for obvious reasons.

I just hope Miura doesn't disappoint me with the unfolding story as I've already thought about it too much to be able to accept anything short of epic But so far so good!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that the child also shares Griffith's power. The hair thing, might mean that there's more to it than that. Perhaps it means they are the one and same now. Hey, reminds me of Dark Schneider and Luche!
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I believe that the child also shares Griffith's power. The hair thing, might mean that there's more to it than that. Perhaps it means they are the one and same now. Hey, reminds me of Dark Schneider and Luche!
    Doesn't anyone else see the elfness in the child's astral form? Its hair looks a lot like how spirits are drawn, kinda like a wind spirit but not really. Then there's its child-like body without a very obvious sex. I certainly see the resemblance to Griffisu with that hair, but it seems far too fairy-like and we haven't seen any explicit out of body experiences from Griffisu since he was reborn.

Furthermore, with few exceptions (is that chick who's kinda like a seer the only exception?), all of Griffisu's followers are apostles. This creature is clearly not an apostle. Gatsu's and Caska's brands don't bleed or even twinge, IIRC. Caska can hug the child no problem, which seems to indicate there's no trace of Griffisu himself in there. So it seems clear that it must be a spirit of some kind, be it directly related to Griffisu or otherwise.

Looking carefully at the most recent pictures of the astral child, the poses really don't remind me of Griffisu's manner at all. The hair to some degree, yes, but the rest just seems more like a child/elf to me.

Plus the child seems to be accompanying them to the island, which would tie in the plot quite nicely, I think. "We've come to meet your king!" "Actually, he's been with you the whole time!" "Puck why didn't you notice!?" ". . ." Notice also how the astral child (only in its astral, spirit form) is always helping Gatsu and sticking with Caska. That seems to be very close (though a bit skewed, as most things in this manga are) to what they intend to do in Elfhelm.

P.S. Anyone else thing Isma's mother is an epic MILF?

P.P.S. Oh and remember that chapter where both Gatsu and Caska try to help the child (I think he was falling) and they end up being close during the moment? The child bringing them together. Another thing that is unlike Griffisu but in line with what they're going to Elfhelm to accomplish.
    Last edited by Khono; February 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner D12's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I allways thought that guy was an elf too, not something Griffith related, in anyway its just a shape nothing else but for me looks more to an elf. About the child dark skined that Caska is holding and appears right before bad stuff happens I dont know what to think about, I thought was the child Caska was supposed to have if Griffith didnt rape her.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khono View Post
    Doesn't anyone else see the elfness in the child's astral form? Its hair looks a lot like how spirits are drawn, kinda like a wind spirit but not really. Then there's its child-like body without a very obvious sex. I certainly see the resemblance to Griffisu with that hair, but it seems far too fairy-like and we haven't seen any explicit out of body experiences from Griffisu since he was reborn.

Furthermore, with few exceptions (is that chick who's kinda like a seer the only exception?), all of Griffisu's followers are apostles. This creature is clearly not an apostle. Gatsu's and Caska's brands don't bleed or even twinge, IIRC. Caska can hug the child no problem, which seems to indicate there's no trace of Griffisu himself in there. So it seems clear that it must be a spirit of some kind, be it directly related to Griffisu or otherwise.

Looking carefully at the most recent pictures of the astral child, the poses really don't remind me of Griffisu's manner at all. The hair to some degree, yes, but the rest just seems more like a child/elf to me.

Plus the child seems to be accompanying them to the island, which would tie in the plot quite nicely, I think. "We've come to meet your king!" "Actually, he's been with you the whole time!" "Puck why didn't you notice!?" ". . ." Notice also how the astral child (only in its astral, spirit form) is always helping Gatsu and sticking with Caska. That seems to be very close (though a bit skewed, as most things in this manga are) to what they intend to do in Elfhelm.

P.S. Anyone else thing Isma's mother is an epic MILF?

P.P.S. Oh and remember that chapter where both Gatsu and Caska try to help the child (I think he was falling) and they end up being close during the moment? The child bringing them together. Another thing that is unlike Griffisu but in line with what they're going to Elfhelm to accomplish.
    If the Elf King was the Moonlight Boy, he could have helped fight the Seagod and healed Casca right then and there. He could have done this when they first meet him on the beach. There would be no reason for them to even travel to Elfhelm. The Skullknight would not have recommended the journey if the Elf King was already there with them.

But if the Moonlight Boy has untold powers, he probably could do all these things too. Why he doesn't remains a mystery. He's there when the moon is full. When he is with them, he usually helps them.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Elf King was the Moonlight Boy, he could have helped fight the Seagod and healed Casca right then and there. He could have done this when they first meet him on the beach. There would be no reason for them to even travel to Elfhelm. The Skullknight would not have recommended the journey if the Elf King was already there with them.

But if the Moonlight Boy has untold powers, he probably could do all these things too. Why he doesn't remains a mystery. He's there when the moon is full. When he is with them, he usually helps them.
    But he only helps them at the last minute. He waits until they clearly can't get by on their own. He's always watching which seems to me he's testing, or waiting and observing. Did the Skullknight ever see the Moonlight Boy? I don't recall that ever happening.

Why would the elf king help them? Look at the way Schierke first reacted to them. Schierke's mistress was dying and probably was told Gatsu and party were on the way, which's why she so easily agreed to help them. In this world, few people are really helpful. They all do things for their own reasons. We also don't know what would be involved in the healing of Caska and perhaps the Moonlight Boy wants to understand what's going on with Caska and wants to know how Gatsu is related to it. Caska clearly doesn't trust Gatsu. Gatsu walks the edge of a sword, with total darkness waiting on all sides if he falls.

Also notice how the Moonlight Boy used very limited powers. Essentially just existing in the astral world. Perhaps the elf king or his proxy do not have much power outside Elfhelm and they actually need to be in Elfhelm for the king to do anything epic.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool chapter!
    It's too bad if it's a hiatus already though...

I think that the kid his Guts' and Casca's since he do look like them.
    But when you see his "spirit form" he really looks like Griffith.

It's unclear what he is exactly, but I'm sure he's linked with the three of them.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khono View Post
    But he only helps them at the last minute. He waits until they clearly can't get by on their own. He's always watching which seems to me he's testing, or waiting and observing. Did the Skullknight ever see the Moonlight Boy? I don't recall that ever happening.

Why would the elf king help them? Look at the way Schierke first reacted to them. Schierke's mistress was dying and probably was told Gatsu and party were on the way, which's why she so easily agreed to help them. In this world, few people are really helpful. They all do things for their own reasons. We also don't know what would be involved in the healing of Caska and perhaps the Moonlight Boy wants to understand what's going on with Caska and wants to know how Gatsu is related to it. Caska clearly doesn't trust Gatsu. Gatsu walks the edge of a sword, with total darkness waiting on all sides if he falls.

Also notice how the Moonlight Boy used very limited powers. Essentially just existing in the astral world. Perhaps the elf king or his proxy do not have much power outside Elfhelm and they actually need to be in Elfhelm for the king to do anything epic.
    I don't think SK would mention the Elf King if he knew that he wouldn't help them.

SK also has a sword that can cut a hole in space and travel through it. So why didn't he just take him there himself? I presume that SK respects causality and the events that are associated with Guts. So, Guts has to go through these ordeals for a reason.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think SK would mention the Elf King if he knew that he wouldn't help them.

SK also has a sword that can cut a hole in space and travel through it. So why didn't he just take him there himself? I presume that SK respects causality and the events that are associated with Guts. So, Guts has to go through these ordeals for a reason.
    Yep, Gatsu is the struggler. Kinda like a Saiyajin, he gets stronger by facing defeat and pulling victory from its grasp.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

the child as i perceive it - in the same way that gut's body and sword have been changed during his encounters with the supernatural, the caska's yet unborn child has "suffered" from the same thing. only the kid's home (caska) was invaded by a supernatural power of much higher degree (griffiths rod is truly evil, if you consider the size of it, i think at the time it was even bigger than the fetus itself - just imagine that... ), thus affecting him that much more (like a radiation). considering that the fetus itself was evolving, its growth has been somehow directed a tiny bit into the astral world - thats my explanation for his astral projection boost (reason why you think the child is an elf/spirit, i think).

now the eclipse is gone, caska throws some evelish looking thing out of her womb - their beautiful son, and of course the fifth angel femto is here, same old, same old...

a few years later, sky is getting darker, huge tower is collapsing, the all-consuming matter bringing death and destruction is here, what can only mean that something nice is going to happen. and of course here it is. our beloved griffith is reborn! how you ask? simple, gut's beautiful son serves him as a vessel. what greater honor can there be?

anyway, what i believe that most of us readers think, is that although the evilish looking thing had only one body, which is now taken by griffith, the kid itself appears every time there is a full moon, since the magic is much stronger during this time. i think that his astral power is so great, that he can actually pull off an immensely difficult task of creating a projection of his body in the material world of some kind thanks to the full moon boost.

now there are some speculations about how griffith influences the way the little brat behaves and/or how the evil spawn influences the way how griffith acts. my honest opinion - the only way griffith ever influenced that thing was by giving him a huge injection of spiritual/astral power/mana/reiatsu/whatever and giving him skin problems/defects as if that wasn't enough. then he used the ugly kid as a vessel and since that moment, only the vessel itself influences griffith, not the other way around.
    to put it blantly - if griffith as a hawk fell in love with some other female hawk, the kid would kill the female hawk with no problem. if the kid likes something, femto will not be able to destroy it as easily.

the matter of the kid having griffith's hair. i believe that miura has in his genius, though lazy mind drawn the kid with griffith's hair to point out the resemblance between the kid and griffith himself. just as the kid's physical form seems similar to guts and caska, his astral form bears resemblance to the father that gifted him (though unknowingly i think (stupid godhand, and you thought you knew everything ))with his astral powers.

so to be clear. yes, i believe that the kid is guts's offspring. yes, i believe that his feelings indirectly affect griffith. no, i don't think it works the other way around as well. and finally, no, i have no idea what was the point of the sea god arc. i officially do believe that "Miura will die before Berserk is finished". llamapie, put me on your list.
    oh, and also i think the little brat is essentially a good kid.

i hope i wasn't too confusing and sorry for gramatical mistakes - i've never been one of those pedant guys...
    Last edited by nerothos; February 11, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

...or you can't get to Elfhelm using SK's sword. Maybe there's some kind of protection that makes it impossible to teleport there. Remember they have to protect themselves against the Godhand and the Apostles. Plus Elfhelm must be filled with witches and magicians, not just elves. So it must be a very safe and secure place.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    the child as i perceive it - in the same way that gut's body and sword have been changed during his encounters with the supernatural, the caska's yet unborn child has "suffered" from the same thing. only the kid's home (caska) was invaded by a supernatural power of much higher degree (griffiths rod is truly evil, if you consider the size of it, i think at the time it was even bigger than the fetus itself - just imagine that... ), thus affecting him that much more (like a radiation). considering that the fetus itself was evolving, its growth has been somehow directed a tiny bit into the astral world - thats my explanation for his astral projection boost (reason why you think the child is an elf/spirit, i think).

now the eclipse is gone, caska throws some evelish looking thing out of her womb - their beautiful son, and of course the fifth angel femto is here, same old, same old...

a few years later, sky is getting darker, huge tower is collapsing, the all-consuming matter bringing death and destruction is here, what can only mean that something nice is going to happen. and of course here it is. our beloved griffith is reborn! how you ask? simple, gut's beautiful son serves him as a vessel. what greater honor can there be?

anyway, what i believe that most of us readers think, is that although the evilish looking thing had only one body, which is now taken by griffith, the kid itself appears every time there is a full moon, since the magic is much stronger during this time. i think that his astral power is so great, that he can actually pull off an immensely difficult task of creating a projection of his body in the material world of some kind thanks to the full moon boost.

now there are some speculations about how griffith influences the way the little brat behaves and/or how the evil spawn influences the way how griffith acts. my honest opinion - the only way griffith ever influenced that thing was by giving him a huge injection of spiritual/astral power/mana/reiatsu/whatever and giving him skin problems/defects as if that wasn't enough. then he used the ugly kid as a vessel and since that moment, only the vessel itself influences griffith, not the other way around.
    to put it blantly - if griffith as a hawk fell in love with some other female hawk, the kid would kill the female hawk with no problem. if the kid likes something, femto will not be able to destroy it as easily.

the matter of the kid having griffith's hair. i believe that miura has in his genius, though lazy mind drawn the kid with griffith's hair to point out the resemblance between the kid and griffith himself. just as the kid's physical form seems similar to guts and caska, his astral form bears resemblance to the father that gifted him (though unknowingly i think (stupid godhand, and you thought you knew everything ))with his astral powers.

so to be clear. yes, i believe that the kid is guts's offspring. yes, i believe that his feelings indirectly affect griffith. no, i don't think it works the other way around as well. and finally, no, i have no idea what was the point of the sea god arc. i officially do believe that "Miura will die before Berserk is finished". llamapie, put me on your list.
    oh, and also i think the little brat is essentially a good kid.

i hope i wasn't too confusing and sorry for gramatical mistakes - i've never been one of those pedant guys...
    That's what I love about this site. People are free to speculate to their hearts content. Had this been another site, this post would have been dissected and debunked into oblivion.

Thanks for your input, brotha!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

He would have been able to pull off one more chapter, it would have been the true ending of this rather short arc? But then again we have not had a really long arc for a while, the falcon saga had small arcs as well, though I expect this to head into two more before the crew actually sets out to Elf Island. Though maybe the break is to plan the Elf arc? But then again we got two chapters and one before, maybe those are three in Miura's mind? He is confusing me even more, I expect him to drop even one chapter every month.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this arc was pretty much self-contained; which would be a perfect time to check out what's going on in Falconia. Of course that also means waiting several episodes for the story to go back to Guts.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast