Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk 327 Discussion

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 327 Spoilers

I really think more development will happen if we do see Falconia after this arc, we pretty much know Guts's story here, getting to Elf island, while true demonic and weird things are going on with Griffith and his group, his God-liker persona now are really the thing that will drive the story, I really want to see some of the people see through him.

But if we continue with Guts's story all we are going to get is just good art and little story progression of the overall story.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I think this arc was pretty much self-contained; which would be a perfect time to check out what's going on in Falconia. Of course that also means waiting several episodes for the story to go back to Guts.
    Yeah, you're probably right. It might include one more chapter showing Gatsu's epic wounds and talk about all the pain he's going through and how long it'll take to heal. Then probably move on to Griffith showing him living his dream, surrounded by happy people.

It would be interesting if Falconia started to go currupt, with apostles beginning to assert themselves. Then cut from that utopia turning dystopia to Gatsu and company arriving at the elven paradise and experiencing true rest and healing for the first time in a long time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khono View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right. It might include one more chapter showing Gatsu's epic wounds and talk about all the pain he's going through and how long it'll take to heal. Then probably move on to Griffith showing him living his dream, surrounded by happy people.

It would be interesting if Falconia started to go currupt, with apostles beginning to assert themselves. Then cut from that utopia turning dystopia to Gatsu and company arriving at the elven paradise and experiencing true rest and healing for the first time in a long time.
    Yeah, I'm counting on Farnese's father and some of the nobles to question Griffith's authority. Trying to assassinate Griffith will probably end terribly.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member smokeesid's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some complaints about this chapter. I don't understand Japanese so i could be wrong but by the way it looks, Muira is giving too detailed portrayal of the event which is unnecessary. We didn't get any thing new out of it. The same Guts in trouble, the mysterious white aura appearing and helping it and nothing else.

Though the way he portrayed and the artwork was great and that was enjoyable as it was in the previous chapter too

The way Guts fell down just after killing all the monsters then mermaids appearing just at the right time to help him was very mangaesque and so not that entertaining

And I fear the rest of the story becoming shallow i.e. Guts coming to Elf-helm, people there get mixed with him, create an army and attack Griffith and with some swings story ends. I hope Muira pulls out some good testament of creativity along with showing Skull Knight's past
    Last edited by smokeesid; February 13, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Some people are born like keys who move this world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    He already knows, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't care but ya it will add a dynamic. If he kills Griffith so too will the moon child die. Moral dilemma ftw!
    I think what going to stop him from killing griffth is caska because she will know that his new body came from the baby and she will not want gats to do anything to him. This will more than likely happen on the elf island or after once she get back he mind

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smokeesid View Post
    I have some complaints about this chapter. I don't understand Japanese so i could be wrong but by the way it looks, Muira is giving too detailed portrayal of the event which is unnecessary. We didn't get any thing new out of it. The same Guts in trouble, the mysterious white aura appearing and helping it and nothing else.

Though the way he portrayed and the artwork was great and that was enjoyable as it was in the previous chapter too

The way Guts fell down just after killing all the monsters then mermaids appearing just at the right time to help him was very mangaesque and so not that entertaining

And I fear the rest of the story becoming shallow i.e. Guts coming to Elf-helm, people there get mixed with him, create an army and attack Griffith and with some swings story ends. I hope Muira pulls out some good testament of creativity along with showing Skull Knight's past
    You're right, this chapter was pretty short and disappointing in terms of story. It's a lame excuse Miura found to tell us that the kid is related to Griffith in some way.But what did you expect? The Sea God is already dead, Isma got reunited with her mother etc. The whole purpose of this arc is to show us the link between the Moonlight Child and Guts, and the changes that occured to the world after the merging of layers. Other than that, it was a pretty useless arc if you ask me. Maybe it will become more interesting iwhen we skip to Falconia and see how things are going on Griffith's end of the world.
    I feel just like you about the manga. It has become pretty mangaesque, with every situation getting solved through "magic". I'm also looking forward to learn about the Godhand and SK. It's the only thing that keeps me wanting to read Berserk, since I'm pretty sure the ending is going to be lame.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have hopes for the ending but lately I'm finding that I have less and less interest in the story as a whole. I'm 28 now and I have a small child. My interest in Manga has been gradually decreasing and I'm worried that I'm not going to last with this as long as Miura seems to be taking to get this story some closure.

I sincerely hope that we move onto Falconia and get some traction with the real story here. Guts vs. Griffith. The Struggler vs the God-Hand. That's what we want to see, not endless chapters of Guts fighting increasingly bigger monsters and demi-gods. Maybe I should just give up for a year or two, come back and see what's developed. Until then, the movie should re-ignite some interest for me, but something needs to pick up and soon.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think 15 years is enough time to cover the scope of the series. Guts, currently, doesn't have all the elements necessary to attack the Godhand. I don't think that a visit to the Elf Island will solve ALL of Guts' problems. That means going on more quests and fighting more enemies. This arc lasted about 2 years, right? If the story goes, back to Griffith, that side-story might last 2 years.

I think it may take Miura at least 25 years to finish this saga. In that respect, we might as well not worry about the ending as it's just too far off.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jassaray View Post
    I have hopes for the ending but lately I'm finding that I have less and less interest in the story as a whole. I'm 28 now and I have a small child. My interest in Manga has been gradually decreasing and I'm worried that I'm not going to last with this as long as Miura seems to be taking to get this story some closure.

I sincerely hope that we move onto Falconia and get some traction with the real story here. Guts vs. Griffith. The Struggler vs the God-Hand. That's what we want to see, not endless chapters of Guts fighting increasingly bigger monsters and demi-gods. Maybe I should just give up for a year or two, come back and see what's developed. Until then, the movie should re-ignite some interest for me, but something needs to pick up and soon.
    If you come back in only two years they still won't have reached Elfhelm yet. You're too impatient!

:trollface:

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I really don't think 15 years is enough time to cover the scope of the series. Guts, currently, doesn't have all the elements necessary to attack the Godhand. I don't think that a visit to the Elf Island will solve ALL of Guts' problems. That means going on more quests and fighting more enemies. This arc lasted about 2 years, right? If the story goes, back to Griffith, that side-story might last 2 years.

I think it may take Miura at least 25 years to finish this saga. In that respect, we might as well not worry about the ending as it's just too far off.
    ...So according to you he'll finish it when he's 71.That's too much! He's gonna be dead by then. Oh well I always told myself that if he didn't give us a crappy ending, he'll be dead before he finishes the story.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Imho, Guts will go the same path as Cecil (Final Fantasy IV) did as a Dark Knight. Once he reaches Elfheim, his understanding of ethereal powers will drastically increase, and he'll be granted further "power" increase from Hazama simply because he will understand it better. The Elfking presumably works on the ethereal body and heals spiritual incurable wounds as well. What's a missing arm for him? Guts still has his spiritual arm, his injuries are just in the physical plane (except the one Slain did on his chest).

Thus, healing the entirety of Guts' accumulated physical wounds might trigger some psychological event that leads to Guts confronting his past self and chosing to let go of his burden for the best. That's what Cecil did, and I'm using him as a reference. Cecil's hair even changed into white, something Guts' hair has begun to do as well. His sacrifice and healing will make Guts an anti-griffith, able to wield demon-slaying powers and to injure specifically them with a "bonus". He'll change from a Dark Knight into a Paladin, and will start a journey to make everything right again, as he wanted to do when he searched for Griffith with the remnants of the Hawk.

Thus, that's how I would expect him to change so quickly as to defeat the God hand: by changing his source of power from a self-destructing one to a protective one, he'll be able to work with his team (instead of sacrificing them as Griffith did) and will gain the power to injure the demons in their spiritual body, an injure much deeper than any physical wound and that will ignore how much they've gained in the physical realm. Also, by delving into the spiritual realm, he'll be able at last to injure the God-hands, and to defeat all of Griffith's false kingdom.

That's my prediction. And no, I don't think it would spoil the series' beginning, as Guts would still be the very person that went through all that his whole life, a person carved by hardship, but he would be even stronger for overcoming all of that.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jassaray's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Miura has a better chance of living well past 71 than most westerners. The Japanese are renowned for their vitality and longevity. Perhaps we're not giving him enough credit! Unless he's a chronic smoker and/or drinker...

But anyway, the ending might be far off but it's the stalled storyline that is grating on me more. I understand that Manga go through these phases but to be honest I've never experienced that with Beserk until this recent arc. It feels like a different Manga to me and that's sad because I've always considered Beserk to be completely unique and special to anything else on the market.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    ...So according to you he'll finish it when he's 71.That's too much! He's gonna be dead by then. Oh well I always told myself that if he didn't give us a crappy ending, he'll be dead before he finishes the story.
    I read where he said that he was ready to work into his 60's to finish Berserk. So that makes me think that he doesn't know how long it will take to finish it.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

No matters how I look at it, the moon child will not be astral of caska's child. Her child should be hibernated after Griffith use his body to regain human form. That should be a hidden plot on how Guts kill Griffith in the end.
    I am more incline to believe that the moon child is the king of sylph for which he is now helping / observing Guts during his journey to the island of sylph (or wind spirit of something?)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Um can I be a total noob and ask why hasn't the chapter come out in english not even evil genius has done it. Its almost been 2 weeks, are yous sure it will be on hiatus again? Cause usually it has on the final page Guts face and saying its on hiatus.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast