Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 327 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 327 Discussion

I think Rakshas stowed away via Skullknight. So if they meet him there, Rakshas will probably have the element of surprise.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the same feeling- I'm quite iffy about the kid. :/

And if he's really somebody's seed, I just hope there's no Griffith involved. -_- It's too much of a blow for Guts.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Guts isn't the best person to separate feelings from facts. I'm pretty sure he hates his son just because he thinks it's Griffith's doing, demon-related or even, the kid is his spitting-image and he hates it (it was a monster with one eye covered and armless, it's Guts' caricature). He does to the kid what has been done to him, just like Vader cut Luke's hand (every father ends up doing it if not careful enough, I speak for personal experience). Thus, he doesn't know why he's doing what he's doing, he's still just this guy that survives but is really messed up (not his fault) in his mind.

Therefore, the kid isn't evil. He's actually the one to care the most for Guts. The sense that siblings often betray their fathers is a consequence of Oedipus' complex, an in-built fear that sometimes has no reason to be. It's expected that kids turn out to be the opposite of their parents, but they end up being a repetition in a slightly different manner, and people only see the different part. Just as in a room full of white you'll notice the black spots faster than the white ones.

Being preemptive about it, I try to look more on what both of them have similar, and my gut (pun intended) feeling tells me the kid will be the strongest reason for him to kill Griffith. Caska will be healed, he'll be healed, but his son's body will be trapped with Griffith's soul inside, somewhere else ruling a kingdom.
    Last edited by Jack Van Burace; February 28, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Guts isn't the best person to separate feelings from facts. I'm pretty sure he hates his son just because he thinks it's Griffith's doing, demon-related or even, the kid is his spitting-image and he hates it (it was a monster with one eye covered and armless, it's Guts' caricature). He does to the kid what has been done to him, just like Vader cut Luke's hand (every father ends up doing it if not careful enough, I speak for personal experience). Thus, he doesn't know why he's doing what he's doing, he's still just this guy that survives but is really messed up (not his fault) in his mind.
    Cool. I never thought about the kid being a little joke from Griffith to tease Guts. Which would imply that he knew that Guts would escape from the eclipse?
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Griffith made it so, I think there's more to it than the God-hands' will. Maybe he just looks like Guts by karma.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just read all Berserk manga in two weeks and it was quite an interesting thing. It was actually the first Seinen manga I got interested in. And as I really like fantasy I think I will also follow this manga.

So the end of a Sea God was great. It was interesting to see such an unexpected cooperation, when not only Guts managed to pull out a victory, but also mermaids gave a hand to him and also his friends helped him a bit with canoons.
    I believe that after piercing Sea God's heart his sword must have gotten even stronger than before and it also seems like his armour gets stronger after every usage. The only thing is how Guts will overcome all those wounds he got during his fight in Sea God's womb?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs to get the Elf King to cure him... it's now or never!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I believe that now there is no other option. He was injured too bad to be able to get back kicking only with the help of a little witch and two elfs. And it will be also a great reason to visit Elfhelm.
    Also now after merging of the two planes of existence the fights will get to a totally different level as now there will be tons of dreadfull creatures everywhere. They will have to fight dragons and all other monsters from Fairy Tales, so everyone will have to get stronger. I hope that Prince of the Seas' guy will also get some magic weapon to fully join Guts' team.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I've just read all Berserk manga in two weeks and it was quite an interesting thing. It was actually the first Seinen manga I got interested in. And as I really like fantasy I think I will also follow this manga.

So the end of a Sea God was great. It was interesting to see such an unexpected cooperation, when not only Guts managed to pull out a victory, but also mermaids gave a hand to him and also his friends helped him a bit with canoons.
    I believe that after piercing Sea God's heart his sword must have gotten even stronger than before and it also seems like his armour gets stronger after every usage. The only thing is how Guts will overcome all those wounds he got during his fight in Sea God's womb?

If you read it on mangareader, there are roughly ten chapters missing. Check mangafox for a completed version.
    Quote Quote:
    From here :
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/berserk/c290/
    Many missing (and important) parts (whole chapters) from mangareader, you can read it on MF (the link above).
    Guts/dog, children's vision, how the emperor transformed into this huge "tree", the strange mist and the escape from Midland's capital.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I've just read all Berserk manga in two weeks and it was quite an interesting thing.
    Wow, two weeks? Be prepared for the next two decades to go by like the Hundred Years War.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope now that this mystery kid is joining the crew, the story will get even more interesting. can't wait for next chapter.

R.I.P. Sea God.

*November 2010 - February 2012.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wow was it that long? the sea god arc? almost a year and a half? I didn't even notice.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I hope now that this mystery kid is joining the crew, the story will get even more interesting. can't wait for next chapter.

R.I.P. Sea God.

*November 2010 - February 2012.
    Yeah, it pretty much sums up Miuras inner workings on his manga. To this that all this went on in a blast in the manga. Yeah other mangas are like that as time passes slow, but here we sense it passing really slow! And my main issue is with all of the story courses he can take, plus I am sure he can think of at least 10 more arcs, I do not want to see his ideas go down the drain. He is one of the most talented mangakas but he works slow. He has to see his masterpiece to the end.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The long breaks/slow pace of the manga is the only bad thing about Berserk. At very least there's plenty of material to re-read. There's a lot to admire. From the story to the design of characters, the quality is always top-notch.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see the end that far. I know full well that my son will be reading Berserk with me before Miura finishes it. I'll let him read it by the time he's 12, so less than a decade from now. Berserk won't end so fast. lol

However, I do believe Miura will speed up things by the time he heals Guts. Reason: he has been keeping his image as suffering man all this long, trying to "sacrifice him" all he can without killing him, enough to be on par with Griffith's sufferings. Once he gets that, the limit Guts will get without dieing, Guts' image will turn 180 degrees and all his video-games, movies, promos will have to be redone. He won't have a way to exploit this image anymore, since Guts will be redeemed. Thus, I firmly believe that this is what he's waiting.

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast