Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 328 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk 328 Discussion

Last edited by GAT-X252; June 07, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zangetsu01's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 328 Spoiler

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay it seems like it has to be before the hawk or during the Hawk but they just changed Guts face to look like adult Guts lol. But when it had him dreaming it had him look like he did in the manga when he was young. I love the little elf looks so cute, interesting though that means guts could see eternal bodies before he encountered zodd

Hopefully nothing bad happens to that elf and Guts meets the elf again in elfheim, it would also mean elfheim is the next chapters..lets say its king hanafuku child.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so strange. Seems like an editorial mistake or it's uber funky. The art is so off! Guts head is so big compared to his shoulders. It's like a newbie artist got hired and slapped on Miura's template of adult Gut's head on a child's body. o.O

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Miura had a 4 month break so maybe his hand was abit rusty XD
    I wonder who that guy is.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

I'm happy to hear that it's not just a promotional thing for the movies, but that it might actually have some tie-in with the current arc.
    At the very least that means that we are really nearing the Elf Island arc.

To be honest, I didn't even remembered that Guts used to hate elfs.
    I wonder if he'll meet that elf again on the island...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah its good that its not just some made up thing, he planed this after a big fight (sea god) the little elf confirms that. She looks so cute! Ilvara kinda reminds me of this one when they have a colour 2 page in volume 29 she is wearing a sea shell on her head.
    Nah it has never been stated that he hates fairies wait it may of in volume 1-2

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
    It's so strange. Seems like an editorial mistake or it's uber funky. The art is so off! Guts head is so big compared to his shoulders. It's like a newbie artist got hired and slapped on Miura's template of adult Gut's head on a child's body. o.O
    What a thing to say...

Well, anyways, maybe the reason he dislikes elves is from what he said in the first volume about them being "small fries" not being able to defend themselves. Maybe he befriended this elf, but she gets caught helping him and is killed.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be safe to call these chapters filler? Unless they come back to haunt us. But wait Elf island is coming so this may be a nice way to set up something involving elves since we will meet them a lot. It is really obvious, that might not happen, but it would be better if we did see it have some connections with the current story.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Would it be safe to call these chapters filler? Unless they come back to haunt us. But wait Elf island is coming so this may be a nice way to set up something involving elves since we will meet them a lot. It is really obvious, that might not happen, but it would be better if we did see it have some connections with the current story.
    Yeah, I would say "Get on with it already!" to Miura, but the dude doesn't know how to put material out quick.

On another subject, I wonder if that Martin guy ends up being an apostle? He looks kind of evil. But Guts wouldn't find out until a whole lot later.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 328 Discussion

He could have some connection to elf's or was something in the astral world.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TCG's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the chapter much more than I thought I would. At first I thought it was simply going to be a random exploration into Guts' past with no link to current or future affairs, but Miura, as usual, proved me wrong. Not only was the chapter enjoyable and nostalgic - the art style looked much more archaic by Miura's standards, and seeing Gambino again boosts his importance in Guts' story which tends to be forgotten in favour of Griffith or the Hawks in general, but I think the opening lines link back to what Guts was saying after he emerged from the carcass of the Sea God. The Elf may also be foreshadowing for Elfhelm.

If these chapters are something Miura's editor asked him to do to accompany the movie, then the man has done a brilliant job of linking this into the current context.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I thought the movie producers asked him until I saw the chapter its connected to elfheim and not the band of the hawk.
    Yeah Guts never really brings up Gambino because he is important and he has tried to hide it in him well thats what he said to Caska who is the only one who knows the jest of Guts past.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TCG's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Yeah I thought the movie producers asked him until I saw the chapter its connected to elfheim and not the band of the hawk.
    Yeah Guts never really brings up Gambino because he is important and he has tried to hide it in him well thats what he said to Caska who is the only one who knows the jest of Guts past.
    So did I. Now that the Sea God chapter is finally over, I was exited to return to Falconia, seeing how Griffith is my favourite Berserk character. So when I found out that #328-#330 were simply promotional chapters for the movie after over 3 months, it was pretty iffy.

Now I'm actually more interested in reaching Elfhelm and all of the stuff that encompasses. Casca's sanity and maybe more information on the Elemental Kings.

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I wonder if Miura actually planned for Berserk to go into high fantasy that early on? I think he was going more for a dark fantasy rather than an epic quest, that is similar to high fantasy fiction. Overall this "Fantasia arc" should take long and I want it to have more darker elements in it. Also the flashback fits into the overall arc/saga as well with magical creatures so yeah, it kind of fits now.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast